independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 18th Nov 2019 7:51am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Joss Stone to cover 'Count the Days'?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/09/12 1:16pm

Tokyo

Joss Stone to cover 'Count the Days'?

Joss Stone is re-visiting the concept that made her famous at the tender age of 15.

Amazon is advertising a deluxe edition of her new CD - the Soul Sessions Vol 2 as having 'Count the Days' on it as the final track. The Exodus continues?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/S...=8-1-fkmr0

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/09/12 1:38pm

unique

avatar

could be good charlotte, girls aloud or kylie though. prince isn't the only person to have a song with that name

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/09/12 1:52pm

NouveauDance

avatar

"Here's a church, here's a steeple

Here's a muthafucka that I gotta blow away"

Yep, I could totally see her singing this. nod

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/09/12 1:54pm

Genesia

avatar

If this is being billed as "re-visiting the concept that made her famous," it is more likely the blues song Count the Days, done by Little Milton, Al Wilson and Marcia Ball, among others.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/09/12 2:04pm

unique

avatar

Genesia said:

If this is being billed as "re-visiting the concept that made her famous," it is more likely the blues song Count the Days, done by Little Milton, Al Wilson and Marcia Ball, among others.

considering it's "soul gems" that's more likely than good charlotte or kylie or girls aloud

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/09/12 2:20pm

Genesia

avatar

unique said:

Genesia said:

If this is being billed as "re-visiting the concept that made her famous," it is more likely the blues song Count the Days, done by Little Milton, Al Wilson and Marcia Ball, among others.

considering it's "soul gems" that's more likely than good charlotte or kylie or girls aloud

Yeah...I don't think the NPG Count the Days is generally considered a "soul gem" - our affection for it notwithstanding. lol

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/10/12 3:03am

dodger

NouveauDance said:

"Here's a church, here's a steeple

Here's a muthafucka that I gotta blow away"

Yep, I could totally see her singing this. nod

lol

She could pull it off well with her plazzy American accent

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/15/12 2:37pm

incredibleD

avatar

Tokyo said:

Joss Stone is re-visiting the concept that made her famous at the tender age of 15.

Amazon is advertising a deluxe edition of her new CD - the Soul Sessions Vol 2 as having 'Count the Days' on it as the final track. The Exodus continues?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/S...=8-1-fkmr0

It's not "Count the Days" but "(1-2-3-4-5-6-7) Count the Days"...

unique said:

could be good charlotte, girls aloud or kylie though. prince isn't the only person to have a song with that name

Genesia said:

If this is being billed as "re-visiting the concept that made her famous," it is more likely the blues song Count the Days, done by Little Milton, Al Wilson and Marcia Ball, among others.

Genesia said:

unique said:

considering it's "soul gems" that's more likely than good charlotte or kylie or girls aloud

Yeah...I don't think the NPG Count the Days is generally considered a "soul gem" - our affection for it notwithstanding. lol

INEZ & CHARLIE FOXX:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz62MeeiVAM

Get sexy sex, get funky at... The ORANGE Park - Funky President, people, it's bad!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/15/12 4:33pm

ganesh

avatar

yep, I can hear her voice singing that song, sounds good to me

We make our own way to heaven everyday
"The only Love there is, is the Love we make"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Joss Stone to cover 'Count the Days'?