independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 25th Jun 2019 5:09am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > What Prince tracks are most played on your iTunes?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/06/10 7:41am

bonnie184

What Prince tracks are most played on your iTunes?

How many tracks are Prince related on your iTunes top played tracks?

Mine is since Feb. 2009 when I had to reinstall my iTunes.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/06/10 8:14am

PicklesMcMilla
n

dreaming-- young dro- 255

jesse johnson---can you help me- 61

amerie- all i have -41

prince -adore--37

amy winehouse- fuck me pumps-- 56

isley brothers -- voyage to Atlantis-- 51

convite para vida -seu jorge -34

this list doesn't indicate what i listen to mostly , because i like to listen to songs in parts

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/06/10 8:48am

MikeyB71

PicklesMcMillan said:

dreaming-- young dro- 255

jesse johnson---can you help me- 61

amerie- all i have -41

prince -adore--37

amy winehouse- fuck me pumps-- 56

isley brothers -- voyage to Atlantis-- 51

convite para vida -seu jorge -34

this list doesn't indicate what i listen to mostly , because i like to listen to songs in parts

You only listen to parts of songs?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/06/10 8:49am

Trashcat

avatar

✓ Colonised Mind heart 4:53 Prince Lotusflow3r preview 45
✓ Crimson & Clover 3:48 Prince Lotusflow3r 31
✓ Good Love 4:55 Prince Camille 30
✓ I Wanna Be Your Lover (Live - 2002) 1:22 Prince One Nite Alone.... Live! 29
✓ I could never take the place of your man 1:42 Prince All Day,All Night,All Week! 27
✓ Do Me, Baby (Live - 2002) 1:57 Prince One Nite Alone.... Live! 27
✓ Condition of the Heart (Live - 2002) 0:40 Prince One Nite Alone.... Live! 27
✓ 777-9311 0:48 Prince One Nite Alone In Copenhagen 26
✓ Diamonds & Pearls (Live - 2002) 0:41 Prince One Nite Alone.... Live! 26
✓ Hollow Man 2:40 R.E.M. Accelerate 26

It doesn't really represent my taste, cd's have been played really often to.

(most songs a short adoreable medleys)

Have a look at 'The W2A: Euro Tour Song Survey' http://prince.org/msg/12/362417
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/06/10 8:56am

PicklesMcMilla
n

MikeyB71 said:

PicklesMcMillan said:

dreaming-- young dro- 255

jesse johnson---can you help me- 61

amerie- all i have -41

prince -adore--37

amy winehouse- fuck me pumps-- 56

isley brothers -- voyage to Atlantis-- 51

convite para vida -seu jorge -34

this list doesn't indicate what i listen to mostly , because i like to listen to songs in parts

You only listen to parts of songs?

yes, strange i know boxed

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/06/10 9:04am

MikeyB71

PicklesMcMillan said:

MikeyB71 said:

You only listen to parts of songs?

yes, strange i know boxed

Ahhh, short attention span, i understand. wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/06/10 9:57am

bonnie184

PicklesMcMillan said:

dreaming-- young dro- 255

jesse johnson---can you help me- 61

amerie- all i have -41

prince -adore--37

amy winehouse- fuck me pumps-- 56

isley brothers -- voyage to Atlantis-- 51

convite para vida -seu jorge -34

this list doesn't indicate what i listen to mostly , because i like to listen to songs in parts

Can you Help Me and Fuck Me Pumps are both great tracks.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/06/10 10:01am

Dave1992

I don't listen to music much on my iTunes, because of the lack of good quality through those speakers and I reinstalled it a couple of months ago, but still the result was fascinating!

She Loves Me 4 Me - 313 eek

Crimson And Clover - 299 eek

Better With Time - 278 eek eek

Crazy You - 264 eek

Sometimes It Snows In April - 258

Boom - 257 eek

Insatiable - 251

The Grand Progression - 251 biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/06/10 10:11am

SherryJackson

Raspberry Beret

Controversy

Uptown

Dirty Mind

When You Were Mine

Head

Kiss

Electric Intercourse

Bambi

Little Red Corvette

DMSR

Let's Pretend We're Married

Take Me With U

Let's Go Crazy

Computer Blue

Baby I'm A Star

OH! And I Wanna Be Your Lover (can't get enough of that one music)

[Edited 10/6/10 10:12am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/06/10 10:39am

MajesticOne89

avatar

Dave1992 said:

I don't listen to music much on my iTunes, because of the lack of good quality through those speakers and I reinstalled it a couple of months ago, but still the result was fascinating!

She Loves Me 4 Me - 313 eek

Crimson And Clover - 299 eek

Better With Time - 278 eek eek

Crazy You - 264 eek

Sometimes It Snows In April - 258

Boom - 257 eek

Insatiable - 251

The Grand Progression - 251 biggrin

thumbs up!

chill..prince doesnt like men being front row, makes it hard to sing the ballads
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/06/10 12:52pm

billymeade

avatar

No joke, these are in my Top 50 most listened:

Segue - 23

NPG Operator #2 - 20

Wedding Feast - 20

NPG Operator #1 - 17

Sonny Jumps the DJ - 14

iTunes hates me.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/06/10 1:04pm

Cerebus

avatar

boxed I'm scared of applications that keep track of what I'm doing, "search the interent for more information" or send statistics back to vendors. I turn any such features off with the software I use and won't use something if I can't do so. Can you turn that stuff off with iTunes?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/06/10 1:25pm

Spinlight

avatar

Cerebus said:

boxed I'm scared of applications that keep track of what I'm doing, "search the interent for more information" or send statistics back to vendors. I turn any such features off with the software I use and won't use something if I can't do so. Can you turn that stuff off with iTunes?

It's just a play count. It displays right on the front of the software how many times you play a song. Because people like that, not because they're spying on your music tastes. lol.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/06/10 3:16pm

lydiaravenswoo
d

avatar

the problem with the play count is it only counts when you play the song to the end...i have a thing for not doing that, like switching songs 3/4 the way through or a few second beforehand, so it doesn't count.

eye kisses prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 10/06/10 3:23pm

Spinlight

avatar

lydiaravenswood said:

the problem with the play count is it only counts when you play the song to the end...i have a thing for not doing that, like switching songs 3/4 the way through or a few second beforehand, so it doesn't count.

I use last.FM for that. It counts the song if you've played something like 1/3 of it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 10/06/10 4:12pm

smoothcriminal
12

Let's Go Crazy: 1883 times

1999: 1823 times

Little Red Corvette: 1675 times

When Doves Cry: 1663 times

Darling Nikki: 1609 times

Let's Go Crazy (Special Dance Mix): 1513 times

Something In The Water (Does Not Compute): 1395 times

Darling Nikki (Movie Version): 1316 times

Dirty Mind: 1290 times

Beginning Endlessly: 1264 times

Raspberry Beret: 1245 times

Delirious: 1153 times

Let's Pretend We're Married: 1087 times

When You Were Mine: 1032 times

Sister: 939 times

Boom: 775 times

I Wanna Be Your Lover: 728 times

The Ballad Of Dorothy Parker: 611 times

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 10/06/10 4:16pm

Cerebus

avatar

I'm tellin' you guys, last.fm and iTunes are getting that information. If it doesn't bother you, that's cool. But they are.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 10/06/10 4:34pm

Spinlight

avatar

Cerebus said:

I'm tellin' you guys, last.fm and iTunes are getting that information. If it doesn't bother you, that's cool. But they are.

About the music I listen to?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 10/06/10 5:26pm

DaphneLovesPR1
NCE

avatar

My top 10 played songs...

Do Me Baby-1912 eek cool

Kiss-1737 eek lol

Purple Rain-1718 eek smile

She Loves Me For Me-932

Joy in Repetition-895

Call My Name-888

Betcha By Golly Wow-872

Crimson and Clover-699

Darlin Nikki-516

Head-496

Prince is GORGEOUS. I'm inspired. GOD is GREAT. Is there anything else to say? lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 10/06/10 5:35pm

Cerebus

avatar

Spinlight said:

Cerebus said:

I'm tellin' you guys, last.fm and iTunes are getting that information. If it doesn't bother you, that's cool. But they are.

About the music I listen to?

Yep. WMP does it too, if you let it. It will also go out and search the internet for more info to put on your ID3 tags. But it lets you turn all that off if you want to.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 10/06/10 5:59pm

s0crazee

According to last.fm

Erotic City 363

Head 93

Do Me, Baby 90

Slow Love 90

Raspberry Beret 86

Paisley Park is in your [heart].
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 10/06/10 9:38pm

tiara195

avatar

I Can't Make U Love Me

Crucial

She Gave Her Angels

Friend Lover Sister Mother Wife

The Beautiful Ones

When 2 r In Love

For You

When You Were Mine (Live Lovesexy tour)

Call My Name

International Lover

Purple Rain

Still Waiting

Unfortunately Human Nature is the most played song on my Ipod

Don't use that magical, mysterious, intoxicating, joy fantastic, fascinating word called love unless U love me to the 9's 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 10/06/10 10:49pm

SherryJackson

tiara195 said:

I Can't Make U Love Me

Crucial

She Gave Her Angels

Friend Lover Sister Mother Wife

The Beautiful Ones

When 2 r In Love

For You

When You Were Mine (Live Lovesexy tour)

Call My Name

International Lover

Purple Rain

Still Waiting

Unfortunately Human Nature is the most played song on my Ipod

Really now? lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 10/06/10 10:58pm

rainbowchild

avatar

I haven't connected my iPod to iTunes recently to update the play count but I'm sure the top 5 would be-- I Wanna Be Your Lover, Little Red Corvette, Kiss, Adore, and Head.
[Edited 10/6/10 23:01pm]
"Just like the sun, the Rainbow Children rise."

"Am I black or white? Am I straight or gay?"

"We had fun, didn't we?"
-Prince (1958-2016) 4ever in my life
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 10/07/10 12:06am

hhhhdmt

1. She's Always in My Hair(extended)

2. When Doves Cry

3. Gett Off

4. Do Me Baby
5. 17 days (wish i could find the extended version somewhere though)

6. Erotic city (extended)

7. Take Me With U

8. When u were mine

9. Musicology

10. And Gold Created Woman

these are the ten that i've been repeatedly listening to for the past week

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 10/07/10 12:19am

Bohemian67

avatar

1. From the lotus

2. I will

3. 77 Beverley Park

4. Love like Jazz

5. Colonised mind

"Free URself, B the best that U can B, 3rd Apartment from the Sun, nothing left to fear" Prince Rogers Nelson - Forever in my Life -
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 10/07/10 1:36am

Huggiebear

avatar

My Itunes wiped all its data 4 months ago, so apologies for the low numbers

1. Crucial 32 times

2. Good Love 30

3. Animal Kingdom 27

4. 4 eva in my life 26

5. Last December 22 (Despite the fact I hate the album, I love this track)

5. Adore 22

7. Strays of the World, Crimson and Clover, Lion of Judah, 3 chains o Gold, Greatest Romance ever sold (All 21 times each)

8. Free 19

9. Housequake 18

10. Lets Pretend We're Married, International Lover 17

I don't know some people can listen to a song 1700 times?

So what are u going 2 do? R u just gonna sit there and watch? I'm not gonna stop until the war is over. Its gonna take a long time
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 10/07/10 7:54am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

You all download bootlegs and mp3s. Quit lyin. lol

I haven't spent a dime on P since Planet Earth.

All you others say Hell Yea!! woot!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 10/07/10 9:12am

Joyinrepatitio
n

avatar

Cerebus said:

I'm tellin' you guys, last.fm and iTunes are getting that information. If it doesn't bother you, that's cool. But they are.

only if your signed in though surely....how often do you sign into iTunes just to access your music?...exactly!.. don't worry about it.. music

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 10/07/10 9:35am

PicklesMcMilla
n

Cerebus said:

I'm tellin' you guys, last.fm and iTunes are getting that information. If it doesn't bother you, that's cool. But they are.

good.. because i have great taste in music and they share my music taste to world !!!!

arrogant laugh evillol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > What Prince tracks are most played on your iTunes?