independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 16th Dec 2019 2:23am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > So I Saw Prince Today and He Saw Me
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/05/10 1:13am

heidiv

So I Saw Prince Today and He Saw Me

I'm training for the Red Ribbon Ride, a 300 mile bicycle ride coming in July that benefits AIDs/HIV organization in the Twin Cities. I gotta ride a lot to get ready, right?

And I'm a Prince fan since about 1980, which is before I was even born (not).

So I decide to go on a training ride today for about 45 miles. Chanhassen and back sounds about right from Minneapolis.

I bike to Chanhassen and Paisley Park, go in the park to take a break in the shade. Text my husband jokingly, "no sign of Prince yet."

A woman enters the parking lot in a SUV and rolls down the window and asks me, "May I help you?"

I say, "I'm just on a ride taking a break for a couple minutes."

She pulls into the parking lot by the door on the south side.

Who opens the door to Paisley Park but none other than his Royal Badness. I can hardly believe what I'm seeing.

He greets the woman with a hug and another woman with a hug and props the door open so they can carry some stuff inside.

I'm on Facebook on my iPhone joking about being at the park while this all happens.

I watch him for a few minutes - turquoise shirt, white caftan type thing, looking so cool and perfect, like he always looks.

The woman points me out to him. I can tell he's contemplating whether to offer me a cool drink of water or kick me off his property.

I frantically type into Facebook, "OMG! He's looking right at me. I think they're gonna kick me out."

The woman walks toward me and waves goodbye, saying, "This is private property."

I say, "ok, thanks!" but on my biking shoes and ride out of there, wishing I had the guts to ride over to Prince and wish him an early happy birthday.

So now I can say Prince really looked right at me, and maybe he'll even find out my name for when he files a restraining order. Not necessary though!!!

Thought some of you might like to read this.

Have a great weekend of Prince in Minneapolis~

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/05/10 1:16am

rubymoon53

avatar

heidiv said:

I'm training for the Red Ribbon Ride, a 300 mile bicycle ride coming in July that benefits AIDs/HIV organization in the Twin Cities. I gotta ride a lot to get ready, right?

And I'm a Prince fan since about 1980, which is before I was even born (not).

So I decide to go on a training ride today for about 45 miles. Chanhassen and back sounds about right from Minneapolis.

I bike to Chanhassen and Paisley Park, go in the park to take a break in the shade. Text my husband jokingly, "no sign of Prince yet."

A woman enters the parking lot in a SUV and rolls down the window and asks me, "May I help you?"

I say, "I'm just on a ride taking a break for a couple minutes."

She pulls into the parking lot by the door on the south side.

Who opens the door to Paisley Park but none other than his Royal Badness. I can hardly believe what I'm seeing.

He greets the woman with a hug and another woman with a hug and props the door open so they can carry some stuff inside.

I'm on Facebook on my iPhone joking about being at the park while this all happens.

I watch him for a few minutes - turquoise shirt, white caftan type thing, looking so cool and perfect, like he always looks.

The woman points me out to him. I can tell he's contemplating whether to offer me a cool drink of water or kick me off his property.

I frantically type into Facebook, "OMG! He's looking right at me. I think they're gonna kick me out."

The woman walks toward me and waves goodbye, saying, "This is private property."

I say, "ok, thanks!" but on my biking shoes and ride out of there, wishing I had the guts to ride over to Prince and wish him an early happy birthday.

So now I can say Prince really looked right at me, and maybe he'll even find out my name for when he files a restraining order. Not necessary though!!!

Thought some of you might like to read this.

Have a great weekend of Prince in Minneapolis~

Sooooooo.....does your iPhone have photo taking capability?? That would have been so cool if you had been able to get a shot of Prince while he was contemplating. giggle

[Edited 6/5/10 1:18am]

No matter your age, pursue your dreams so that you will LIVE.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/05/10 1:18am

heidiv

He wasn't close enough and I was trying to act cool. And you know how he frowns on phones and cameras. I've painted a perfect picture - a vision in my mind.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/05/10 1:19am

rubymoon53

avatar

heidiv said:

He wasn't close enough and I was trying to act cool. And you know how he frowns on phones and cameras. I've painted a perfect picture - a vision in my mind.

thumbs up!

No matter your age, pursue your dreams so that you will LIVE.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/05/10 1:40am

love2thenines2
003

Some pictures from this event would be cool ?

Thanx anyway!

cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/05/10 2:06am

poetcorner61

Hey, I know it was a cool thing to run into one of your musical inspirations esp. on a bike! Thumbs up for not being a bum and taking photos where they weren't wanted! It was a coincidental accident that you ran into the situation! You don't need photos for that! It is in your memories--if it means something to you! Forget this F@#$up society where every brush with anyone mean a photo opportunity and money! razz mad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/05/10 4:48am

JoannaLouise

Nice story you are really lucky. Is he liveing at Paisley Park now?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/05/10 4:59am

eireboy34

JoannaLouise said:

Nice story you are really lucky. Is he liveing at Paisley Park now?

Yeah, nice story!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/05/10 4:59am

godswill

rubymoon53 said:

heidiv said:

I'm training for the Red Ribbon Ride, a 300 mile bicycle ride coming in July that benefits AIDs/HIV organization in the Twin Cities. I gotta ride a lot to get ready, right?

And I'm a Prince fan since about 1980, which is before I was even born (not).

So I decide to go on a training ride today for about 45 miles. Chanhassen and back sounds about right from Minneapolis.

I bike to Chanhassen and Paisley Park, go in the park to take a break in the shade. Text my husband jokingly, "no sign of Prince yet."

A woman enters the parking lot in a SUV and rolls down the window and asks me, "May I help you?"

I say, "I'm just on a ride taking a break for a couple minutes."

She pulls into the parking lot by the door on the south side.

Who opens the door to Paisley Park but none other than his Royal Badness. I can hardly believe what I'm seeing.

He greets the woman with a hug and another woman with a hug and props the door open so they can carry some stuff inside.

I'm on Facebook on my iPhone joking about being at the park while this all happens.

I watch him for a few minutes - turquoise shirt, white caftan type thing, looking so cool and perfect, like he always looks.

The woman points me out to him. I can tell he's contemplating whether to offer me a cool drink of water or kick me off his property.

I frantically type into Facebook, "OMG! He's looking right at me. I think they're gonna kick me out."

The woman walks toward me and waves goodbye, saying, "This is private property."

I say, "ok, thanks!" but on my biking shoes and ride out of there, wishing I had the guts to ride over to Prince and wish him an early happy birthday.

So now I can say Prince really looked right at me, and maybe he'll even find out my name for when he files a restraining order. Not necessary though!!!

Thought some of you might like to read this.

Have a great weekend of Prince in Minneapolis~

Sooooooo.....does your iPhone have photo taking capability?? That would have been so cool if you had been able to get a shot of Prince while he was contemplating. giggle

[Edited 6/5/10 1:18am]

Me and my husband would have love to see that. wow you could be so lucky

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/05/10 5:10am

udo

avatar

heidiv said:

The woman walks toward me and waves goodbye, saying, "This is private property."

AKA the USA way of saying: get the F off this lot.

Very nice convo she gave ya.

If there's no gate, no 'verboden toegang' sign or whatever it's all public road in the Netherlands.

Did he tell you about the supoosed London date in July?

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/05/10 5:17am

levis1

udo said:

heidiv said:

The woman walks toward me and waves goodbye, saying, "This is private property."

AKA the USA way of saying: get the F off this lot.

Very nice convo she gave ya.

If there's no gate, no 'verboden toegang' sign or whatever it's all public road in the Netherlands.

Did he tell you about the supoosed London date in July?

You should off said well if this is Private Property do you live here lady... No Prince does.. If he dont like get him to ask me...More importantly as your not Prince either how do I know your not tres passing...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/05/10 5:27am

Genesia

avatar

levis1 said:

udo said:

AKA the USA way of saying: get the F off this lot.

Very nice convo she gave ya.

If there's no gate, no 'verboden toegang' sign or whatever it's all public road in the Netherlands.

Did he tell you about the supoosed London date in July?

You should off said well if this is Private Property do you live here lady... No Prince does.. If he dont like get him to ask me...More importantly as your not Prince either how do I know your not tres passing...

Yeah, when you're trespassing, the best thing to do is act like a dick. rolleyes

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/05/10 5:30am

rubymoon53

avatar

Hmmmm....the bad thing about writing is that you can't "hear" the inflections in a person's voice or thought. I was being a bit sarcastic about my comment on heidiv's iPhone photo-taking capabilty and that it would be cool if she had been able to get a pic of Prince. sigh

No matter your age, pursue your dreams so that you will LIVE.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/05/10 6:33am

muirdo

avatar

rubymoon53 said:

Hmmmm....the bad thing about writing is that you can't "hear" the inflections in a person's voice or thought. I was being a bit sarcastic about my comment on heidiv's iPhone photo-taking capabilty and that it would be cool if she had been able to get a pic of Prince. sigh

nod

cos we all know the camera on an Iphone is shit anyway pat

Fuck the funk - it's time to ditch the worn-out Vegas horns fills, pick up the geee-tar and finally ROCK THE MUTHA-FUCKER!! He hinted at this on Chaos, now it's time to step up and fully DELIVER!!
woot!
KrystleEyes 22/03/05
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/05/10 6:43am

udo

avatar

Genesia said:

Yeah, when you're trespassing, the best thing to do is act like a dick. rolleyes

They even yell 'private property' when CJ was filming from the other side of the street...

So yes, their feeling of `property` is rather strong.

How come?

Is it because the have so little?

Or rather: will have so little?

Dicks come into play only later of we forget Dick Cheney.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/05/10 7:06am

Genesia

avatar

udo said:

Genesia said:

Yeah, when you're trespassing, the best thing to do is act like a dick. rolleyes

They even yell 'private property' when CJ was filming from the other side of the street...

So yes, their feeling of `property` is rather strong.

How come?

Is it because the have so little?

Or rather: will have so little?

Dicks come into play only later of we forget Dick Cheney.

What does Dick Cheney have to do with the price of pork? rolleyes

The fact is...she was on their property. She said so. Which means Prince (or anyone he designates as his agent) has every right to ask her to leave.

Lipping off (which, let's be clear, she didn't do) would be exactly the wrong thing to do in that situation.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 06/05/10 7:16am

udo

avatar

Genesia said:

The fact is...she was on their property. She said so. Which means Prince (or anyone he designates as his agent) has every right to ask her to leave.

Lipping off (which, let's be clear, she didn't do) would be exactly the wrong thing to do in that situation.

Whatever she says does not necessarily the tuth.

Was there a fence?

A sign?

That type of stuff.

But if it is an open driveway...

Of course local ideas of truth may vary. smile

'This is private property'.

'I know'.

<profit>?

Hmm. maps.google.com does not have imagery for Audubon rd....

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 06/05/10 7:20am

Genesia

avatar

udo said:

Genesia said:

The fact is...she was on their property. She said so. Which means Prince (or anyone he designates as his agent) has every right to ask her to leave.

Lipping off (which, let's be clear, she didn't do) would be exactly the wrong thing to do in that situation.

Whatever she says does not necessarily the tuth.

Was there a fence?

A sign?

That type of stuff.

But if it is an open driveway...

Of course local ideas of truth may vary. smile

'This is private property'.

'I know'.

<profit>?

Hmm. maps.google.com does not have imagery for Audubon rd....

I've been there. There is a fence. And it's obvious that it's private property (versus a public park).

Why don't you quit while you're behind? rolleyes

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/05/10 7:38am

udo

avatar

Genesia said:

I've been there. There is a fence. And it's obvious that it's private property (versus a public park).

Why don't you quit while you're behind? rolleyes

If the gate is open...

And behind what?

You can roll whatever you like, you didn't convince me.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/05/10 7:40am

Erika2k8

heidiv said:

I'm training for the Red Ribbon Ride, a 300 mile bicycle ride coming in July that benefits AIDs/HIV organization in the Twin Cities. I gotta ride a lot to get ready, right?

And I'm a Prince fan since about 1980, which is before I was even born (not).

So I decide to go on a training ride today for about 45 miles. Chanhassen and back sounds about right from Minneapolis.

I bike to Chanhassen and Paisley Park, go in the park to take a break in the shade. Text my husband jokingly, "no sign of Prince yet."

A woman enters the parking lot in a SUV and rolls down the window and asks me, "May I help you?"

I say, "I'm just on a ride taking a break for a couple minutes."

She pulls into the parking lot by the door on the south side.

Who opens the door to Paisley Park but none other than his Royal Badness. I can hardly believe what I'm seeing.

He greets the woman with a hug and another woman with a hug and props the door open so they can carry some stuff inside.

I'm on Facebook on my iPhone joking about being at the park while this all happens.

I watch him for a few minutes - turquoise shirt, white caftan type thing, looking so cool and perfect, like he always looks.

The woman points me out to him. I can tell he's contemplating whether to offer me a cool drink of water or kick me off his property.

I frantically type into Facebook, "OMG! He's looking right at me. I think they're gonna kick me out."

The woman walks toward me and waves goodbye, saying, "This is private property."

I say, "ok, thanks!" but on my biking shoes and ride out of there, wishing I had the guts to ride over to Prince and wish him an early happy birthday.

So now I can say Prince really looked right at me, and maybe he'll even find out my name for when he files a restraining order. Not necessary though!!!

Thought some of you might like to read this.

Have a great weekend of Prince in Minneapolis~

Great story biggrin , thanks for sharing

x

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 06/05/10 8:07am

robinhood

avatar

he could put a sign on the front lawn saying "free hugs"

this too shall pass
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 06/05/10 8:11am

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

So while all this was going on, you clearly had your cell phone with internet access because you were posting to Facebook. You just couldn't be bothered to even TRY to snap the photo of a lifetime...for the rest of US...yet you gleefully...just had to come and tell us about it? eek

Prince fans...ONE and ALL! disbelief

Just like Prince...himself! WE ALL...EACH AND EVERY SINGLE FUCKING...ONE OF US...are truly AND indeed...some selfish ass motherfuckers!!! disbelief

ohgoon

Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 06/05/10 8:19am

Erika2k8

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

So while all this was going on, you clearly had your cell phone with internet access because you were posting to Facebook. You just couldn't be bothered to even TRY to snap the photo of a lifetime...for the rest of US...yet you gleefully...just had to come and tell us about it? eek

Prince fans...ONE and ALL! disbelief

Just like Prince...himself! WE ALL...EACH AND EVERY SINGLE FUCKING...ONE OF US...are truly AND indeed...some selfish ass motherfuckers!!! disbelief

ohgoon

chainsaw OF WITH YOUR HEAD

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 06/05/10 8:42am

dustysgirl

Thanks, heidiv, for sharing. I don't blame you for not taking a picture. I wouldn't have either. It would be different if you were in a different situation, like on the street with other people and he's walking out of a building or something. But you were all alone in his parking lot and he happened to open the door. You did fine. Very nice memory and story for you to have.

I don't know what is with the Org lately. I know people have always bitched about things, but lately, it seems like no thread can get posted without people complaining all over it! It's turning into a hugely negative place.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 06/05/10 8:57am

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

Erika2k8 said:

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

So while all this was going on, you clearly had your cell phone with internet access because you were posting to Facebook. You just couldn't be bothered to even TRY to snap the photo of a lifetime...for the rest of US...yet you gleefully...just had to come and tell us about it? eek

Prince fans...ONE and ALL! disbelief

Just like Prince...himself! WE ALL...EACH AND EVERY SINGLE FUCKING...ONE OF US...are truly AND indeed...some selfish ass motherfuckers!!! disbelief

ohgoon

chainsaw OF WITH YOUR HEAD

"OF" course! wink

Here's what bothers ME:

Prince died of an overdose of the drug Fentanyl. Of which, it is very highly fucking likely that he never even knew he'd taken.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 06/05/10 9:45am

WaterInYourBat
h

avatar

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

So while all this was going on, you clearly had your cell phone with internet access because you were posting to Facebook. You just couldn't be bothered to even TRY to snap the photo of a lifetime...for the rest of US...yet you gleefully...just had to come and tell us about it? eek

Prince fans...ONE and ALL! disbelief

Just like Prince...himself! WE ALL...EACH AND EVERY SINGLE FUCKING...ONE OF US...are truly AND indeed...some selfish ass motherfuckers!!! disbelief

ohgoon

If she had taken a picture and posted it here, wouldn't she be in legal trouble? I'm glad she didn't take any.

"You put water into a cup, it becomes the cup...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend." - Bruce Lee
"Water can nourish me, but water can also carry me. Water has magic laws." - JCVD
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 06/05/10 10:44am

Erika2k8

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

Erika2k8 said:

chainsaw OF WITH YOUR HEAD

"OF" course! wink

Lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 06/05/10 10:54am

heidiv

You guys are so funny. I obviously knew it was private property (there is a sign - there is a gate - though I hoped he left if open just for me!)

Any picture I would have taken would have been too far away to see anyway (I was under a tree in the shade to the left of the gate) and I also think tacky and a little creepy.

Plus I was shaking with excitement that he was actually there!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 06/05/10 11:03am

rbrpm

Way cool thanx 4 sharing way cool!biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 06/05/10 11:24am

IRISHFAN

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

So while all this was going on, you clearly had your cell phone with internet access because you were posting to Facebook. You just couldn't be bothered to even TRY to snap the photo of a lifetime...for the rest of US...yet you gleefully...just had to come and tell us about it? eek

Prince fans...ONE and ALL! disbelief

Just like Prince...himself! WE ALL...EACH AND EVERY SINGLE FUCKING...ONE OF US...are truly AND indeed...some selfish ass motherfuckers!!! disbelief

ohgoon

I wouldnt have taken a photo either..... lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > So I Saw Prince Today and He Saw Me