independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince is Threatening To Sue YouTube, eBay, and Other Websites
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 6 of 21 « First<2345678910>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #150 posted 09/14/07 5:15am

excessex

OK.

Now we're gettin somewhere.

Need to get some sources on these things though. Don't expect you to to whip out a list of URLs but if you can give as much detail as possible, I think there could be a worthwhile thread in putting out all this stuff on the table, sorting out what is or isn't accurate/true and then going from there with a clearer understanding of where the Prince community is AT.

Can I git a witness?

(Mods?)


SexyBeautifulOne said:

quote]
Alrighty...

1. Prince sues fans!
2. Prince sues fan sites!
3. Prince releases music that only fans would enjoy and PAY for...The Rainbow Children, NEWS, Musicology, 3121 and Planet Earth!
3. Prince sues fan site for posting "streaming" videos! Housequake.com
4. Prince sues fan for taking pictures of him at an airport!
5. Prince has a website that he doesn't utilize to get his music and videos out the way his control freak of a self would like!
6. Prince finds ways to give away his music now because he knows that no one other than his fans would buy it.
7. The majority of people who went to see Prince in Vegas and London were...yeah FANS! The supporters who've supported him all the time! Not just when he's been on top, which truthfully is because of our continued support! It it weren't for US...he'd have been a distant memory, a washed up has been...in the 90's!!

Harsh!! Yes!! But true as hell none the less and SOMEBODY needs to make Prince and his camp of asskissers, realize that!!

[Edited 9/14/07 5:16am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #151 posted 09/14/07 5:15am

SexyBeautifulO
ne

excessex said:

I wish I had a TV like the next door neighbours. Ah this is getting frustrating

tznekbsbfrvr said:

Prince should make more DVDs of his shows available if he doesn't like people to go on YouTube. Ah- this is getting frustrating.



You keep bringing up the next door neighbors TV scenario! Ok, if my neighbor had a bunch of freaking TV's that he's no longer utilizing and he puts them out for trash collection and I ride by, see them and decide that somebody other than my neighbor would appreciate them and give them a home as opposed to being in landfill. I fix them up and GIVE them away...not SELL them! Would it be ok for my neighbor to show up now that I've got folks are interested in those tv's, trying to sue?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #152 posted 09/14/07 5:17am

excessex

The next door neighbour didn't put his TV out by the trash though.
Word.


SexyBeautifulOne said:

excessex said:

I wish I had a TV like the next door neighbours. Ah this is getting frustrating




You keep bringing up the next door neighbors TV scenario! Ok, if my neighbor had a bunch of freaking TV's that he's no longer utilizing and he puts them out for trash collection and I ride by, see them and decide that somebody other than my neighbor would appreciate them and give them a home as opposed to being in landfill. I fix them up and GIVE them away...not SELL them! Would it be ok for my neighbor to show up now that I've got folks are interested in those tv's, trying to sue?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #153 posted 09/14/07 5:18am

Imago

Twinkly1 said:

Imago said:




you can't be taken seriously.


no, really.


This statement from someone whose Avatar is a man's groin with a sock in it?

omfg nana feeling ill err disbelief pissed brick wacky falloff falloff

It's a mockup of Prince's cameltoe picture. I could get sued for using the real one now. shrug
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #154 posted 09/14/07 5:21am

SexyBeautifulO
ne

excessex said:

OK.

Now we're gettin somewhere.

Need to get some sources on these things though. Don't expect you to to whip out a list of URLs but if you can give as much detail as possible, I think there could be a worthwhile thread in putting out all this stuff on the table, sorting out what is or isn't accurate/true and then going from there with a clearer understanding of where the Prince community is AT.

Can I git a witness?

(Mods?)


SexyBeautifulOne said:

quote]
Alrighty...

1. Prince sues fans!
2. Prince sues fan sites!
3. Prince releases music that only fans would enjoy and PAY for...The Rainbow Children, NEWS, Musicology, 3121 and Planet Earth!
3. Prince sues fan site for posting "streaming" videos! Housequake.com
4. Prince sues fan for taking pictures of him at an airport!
5. Prince has a website that he doesn't utilize to get his music and videos out the way his control freak of a self would like!
6. Prince finds ways to give away his music now because he knows that no one other than his fans would buy it.
7. The majority of people who went to see Prince in Vegas and London were...yeah FANS! The supporters who've supported him all the time! Not just when he's been on top, which truthfully is because of our continued support! It it weren't for US...he'd have been a distant memory, a washed up has been...in the 90's!!

Harsh!! Yes!! But true as hell none the less and SOMEBODY needs to make Prince and his camp of asskissers, realize that!!

[Edited 9/14/07 5:16am]



Honey, I really don't have that kind of time! Everything, I've listed is a matter of public record. Google it!!

I've been a Prince fan and supporter for 29 years! I'm proud of that but this Prince not appreciating his fans thing has gone on long enough and frankly I'm tired of it!

I have always and will always be the first to defend him if I think that someone is giving him a bad rap! However, in this case I think Prince is wrong! As with any other loved one, I will tell them when they are wrong and make no damn apologies about it!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #155 posted 09/14/07 5:23am

excessex

I'm googlin', I'm googlin'
And I agree that this 'Prince not appreciating his fans' thing has gone on long enough.
But when I look at the mob of haters and then look at The NPG, you can't help me from goin'.
'Somethin's wrong here that ain't the NPG.


SexyBeautifulOne said:

excessex said:

OK.

Now we're gettin somewhere.

Need to get some sources on these things though. Don't expect you to to whip out a list of URLs but if you can give as much detail as possible, I think there could be a worthwhile thread in putting out all this stuff on the table, sorting out what is or isn't accurate/true and then going from there with a clearer understanding of where the Prince community is AT.

Can I git a witness?

(Mods?)



[Edited 9/14/07 5:16am]



Honey, I really don't have that kind of time! Everything, I've listed is a matter of public record. Google it!!

I've been a Prince fan and supporter for 29 years! I'm proud of that but this Prince not appreciating his fans thing has gone on long enough and frankly I'm tired of it!

I have always and will always be the first to defend him if I think that someone is giving him a bad rap! However, in this case I think Prince is wrong! As with any other loved one, I will tell them when they are wrong and make no damn apologies about it!

[Edited 9/14/07 5:25am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #156 posted 09/14/07 5:24am

oldpurple

avatar

http://prince.org/msg/7/244634

Just seen this locked thread is he mad. Hes only going to hurt himself in the end. As I hear more about this I think the music is the only thing that matters now.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #157 posted 09/14/07 5:25am

SexyBeautifulO
ne

excessex said:

The next door neighbour didn't put his TV out by the trash though.
Word.


SexyBeautifulOne said:




You keep bringing up the next door neighbors TV scenario! Ok, if my neighbor had a bunch of freaking TV's that he's no longer utilizing and he puts them out for trash collection and I ride by, see them and decide that somebody other than my neighbor would appreciate them and give them a home as opposed to being in landfill. I fix them up and GIVE them away...not SELL them! Would it be ok for my neighbor to show up now that I've got folks are interested in those tv's, trying to sue?


Oh but he did!! By representing his new faith, he doesn't want anything to do with Prince that we've grown to know and love! He's put that Prince on the trash heap!! Now he doesn't want US to remember that Prince either!

Too bad!! This isn't Men In Black! You can't just wipe out memories with the red flashy thing because now you no longer want to be associated with your past!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #158 posted 09/14/07 5:26am

Namid

Respect & Protect - XCELLENT !
[Edited 9/14/07 5:26am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #159 posted 09/14/07 5:27am

m3taverse

excessex said:

We're being railroaded (further) into conceiving of ourselves as nothing other than consumers.


Like Prince, you really seem to be lacking any type of clue of what the Internet is about and how it has changed our lives.
Youtube has nothing whatsoever to do with money or consumption.
It has to do with people living part of their lives on a global digital network, and what people like to do in real life, they like to do on this global network as well. This includes sharing things you care about, that amuse you or make you cry.
Whereas my parents used to send postcards to people they care about, from locations they care about, now they just uploads their pics to Flickr, publish their vids on YouTube and pop everyone an email with the links.
Back in the day, when I heard a piece of music that blew my mind, I wanted to share that experience and gave friends a tape. Now I drop an mp3 into MSN Messenger.

It's only to those who fail to understand the greater mechanism at work that think they can somehow shape the way we behave and communicate.
For an artist to take such a position is sad to say the least. Art is organic, it does not exist without a community that develops around it and that make it their own. All classic works of art trancend their creator, or they are simply not classic and perhaps not even art.
Art is public property, people make it their own, or it is not art and irrelevant.
"this especially prepared potato is called pomme de terre"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #160 posted 09/14/07 5:27am

excessex

Hmmm..Housequake said the sky was grey but when I looked it was blue.
And that sez what?


oldpurple said:

http://prince.org/msg/7/244634

Just seen this locked thread is he mad. Hes only going to hurt himself in the end. As I hear more about this I think the music is the only thing that matters now.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #161 posted 09/14/07 5:33am

oldpurple

avatar

excessex said:

Hmmm..Housequake said the sky was grey but when I looked it was blue.
And that sez what?


oldpurple said:

http://prince.org/msg/7/244634

Just seen this locked thread is he mad. Hes only going to hurt himself in the end. As I hear more about this I think the music is the only thing that matters now.



Its cloudy where hq is and you are lucky to have a nice blue sky?



What I mean the more I hear about this (not only HQ but chasing fans because they have photos of him stored somewhere) the more it sadens me.

The alleged threat of sueing someone because they took a photo in a public place of someone who is in the public eye and a celeb can only make matters worse, so when does it stop is he going to sue people for owning released cds of dirty mind?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #162 posted 09/14/07 5:33am

excessex

I authored the 23rd website...like EVER.
(Yes...there once was a directory of websites that was a short page of HTML)
YouTube is nothing to do with sharing. They are sharing nothing because they HAVE nothing to share. YouTube is about creating stock market value from the offerings of others. Your post reflects your DESIRE and I back that desire. YouTube (I'm singling them out it would seem but only because they're top) is the capitalisation of that desire.

They want to play it both ways. They act communistically in liberating copyrights yet coin it at the bank balance.
This is so clever as to leave others going 'Duh. What can we do?'

But Prince isn't an ostrich and he's one of six






m3taverse said:

excessex said:

We're being railroaded (further) into conceiving of ourselves as nothing other than consumers.


Like Prince, you really seem to be lacking any type of clue of what the Internet is about and how it has changed our lives.
Youtube has nothing whatsoever to do with money or consumption.
It has to do with people living part of their lives on a global digital network, and what people like to do in real life, they like to do on this global network as well. This includes sharing things you care about, that amuse you or make you cry.
Whereas my parents used to send postcards to people they care about, from locations they care about, now they just uploads their pics to Flickr, publish their vids on YouTube and pop everyone an email with the links.
Back in the day, when I heard a piece of music that blew my mind, I wanted to share that experience and gave friends a tape. Now I drop an mp3 into MSN Messenger.

It's only to those who fail to understand the greater mechanism at work that think they can somehow shape the way we behave and communicate.
For an artist to take such a position is sad to say the least. Art is organic, it does not exist without a community that develops around it and that make it their own. All classic works of art trancend their creator, or they are simply not classic and perhaps not even art.
Art is public property, people make it their own, or it is not art and irrelevant.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #163 posted 09/14/07 5:36am

eyewishuheaven

avatar

Now the Photoshop thing?

This has become absolutely nuts.

What's next, Prince, nose jobs?

I've defended you for decades, but you're on your own now, pal.

Fuck ya.
PRINCE: the only man who could wear high heels and makeup and STILL steal your woman!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #164 posted 09/14/07 5:37am

wlcm2thdwn

Prince threatening Photoshop?

Omigod, HQ has posted that Prince is demanding that Photoshop close the accounts of all people that have his pictures stored in their database, THIS IS NOT A JOKE check with housequake. I have over 1000 pictures of him stored over there and what about my other pics? check your accounts, check with HG I hope this is a bad dream!
[Edited 9/14/07 4:53am
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #165 posted 09/14/07 5:38am

wlcm2thdwn

Everybody please keep a eye on your accounts at photoBUCKET.
Sorry, I'm upset confused
[Edited 9/14/07 10:37am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #166 posted 09/14/07 5:39am

ufoclub

avatar

wlcm2thdwn said:

Prince threatening Photoshop?

Omigod, HQ has posted that Prince is demanding that Photoshop close the accounts of all people that have his pictures stored in their database, THIS IS NOT A JOKE check with housequake. I have over 1000 pictures of him stored over there and what about my other pics? check your accounts, check with HG I hope this is a bad dream!
[Edited 9/14/07 4:53am


Do you mean photobucket.com?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #167 posted 09/14/07 5:40am

excessex

I read on HQ that they were threatening to get in touch with the ISPs of those who were opening multiple accounts with them or who wouldn't stay kicked.

Maybe they gave him the idea?

wlcm2thdwn said:

Prince threatening Photoshop?

Omigod, HQ has posted that Prince is demanding that Photoshop close the accounts of all people that have his pictures stored in their database, THIS IS NOT A JOKE check with housequake. I have over 1000 pictures of him stored over there and what about my other pics? check your accounts, check with HG I hope this is a bad dream!
[Edited 9/14/07 4:53am
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #168 posted 09/14/07 5:41am

Imago

ufoclub said:

wlcm2thdwn said:

Prince threatening Photoshop?

Omigod, HQ has posted that Prince is demanding that Photoshop close the accounts of all people that have his pictures stored in their database, THIS IS NOT A JOKE check with housequake. I have over 1000 pictures of him stored over there and what about my other pics? check your accounts, check with HG I hope this is a bad dream!
[Edited 9/14/07 4:53am


Do you mean photobucket.com?



Yup.

Housequake currently has a bunch of their pictures posted now displaying the empty-photobucket default picture.



Prince will probably move on to flicker next.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #169 posted 09/14/07 5:42am

wlcm2thdwn

http://photobucket.com/contact
If you need to ask questions.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #170 posted 09/14/07 5:42am

ufoclub

avatar

it would be funny for Prince to sue adobe photoshop... lol lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #171 posted 09/14/07 5:43am

Imago

ufoclub said:

it would be funny for Prince to sue adobe photoshop... lol lol



Being the jackass that he is about this stuff, it's plausible. lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #172 posted 09/14/07 5:44am

excessex

LOL

'Your software allows me to stretch my nose and paint big ears on me'

ufoclub said:

[quote:ba0c2bda49]it would be funny for Prince to sue adobe photoshop... lol lol[/quote:ba0c2bda49]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #173 posted 09/14/07 5:44am

Calligraphy

Despite all of his various incarnations over the years, Prince just never seems to evolve.

What an idiot.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #174 posted 09/14/07 5:45am

Imago

excessex said:

LOL

'Your software allows me to stretch my nose and paint big ears on me'

ufoclub said:

it would be funny for Prince to sue adobe photoshop... lol lol



falloff falloff
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #175 posted 09/14/07 5:50am

emesem

Prince's model of the music biz....


Prince 99.998% of all revenues

Bandmembers/managers/lawyers/accountants/cooks/wives/girlfriends/labels/webisites/retailers/concert venues/People/Rolling Stone/MTV/VH1 get .002%
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #176 posted 09/14/07 5:52am

excessex

I'm still 100% for this crusade. He's taking huge risk but is definitely ON THE MONEY. They once would have said that you could never have law and order in the Wild West.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #177 posted 09/14/07 5:53am

excessex

That's about right
smile

emesem said:

Prince's model of the music biz....


Prince 99.998% of all revenues

Bandmembers/managers/lawyers/accountants/cooks/wives/girlfriends/labels/webisites/retailers/concert venues/People/Rolling Stone/MTV/VH1 get .002%
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #178 posted 09/14/07 5:54am

excessex

What? You think we have law and order in America NOW?

excessex said:

I'm still 100% for this crusade. He's taking huge risk but is definitely ON THE MONEY. They once would have said that you could never have law and order in the Wild West.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #179 posted 09/14/07 5:54am

SexyBeautifulO
ne

ROTFLMAO!!! Now he wants to sue Photobucket because we have photos of him stored there?? Oh give me a fucking break!!

Hey, Prince!! I've got numerous posters and pictures of you scattered all over my home and office! if you want them back, you can pay me the price I paid for them plus the cost of storing them and keeping them in perfect condition for you!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 6 of 21 « First<2345678910>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince is Threatening To Sue YouTube, eBay, and Other Websites