independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 20th Sep 2019 2:56am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Teenagers are the biggest Idiots walking around.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/12/07 9:01pm

Negritaluvyu

avatar

Teenagers are the biggest Idiots walking around.

And I AM one. I don't understand how people my age would rather spend money to hear someone talk about their bitches and ho's , then to hear someone talk about Love & Life ? It's just so >< lame ?

- My rant is caused by school today. Me & my friend got into an argument; she said Prince is the most wanna be white person since Michael Jackson & that he has wack music. But this lame ass rapper Plies is better .OMG I hate Plies he's sooooo stupid.

- But anywho ; maybe I'm just weird for liking Prince so much. And then they like to compare today's artist to Prince ; which is pointless considering he's a legend and most of the artists today don't even write their own music; but whatever.

- I thought I'd get this rant out to all you fellow Prince fans ; the "others" wouldnt understand.
Your lips would make a lollipop too happy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/12/07 9:10pm

DreamyPopRoyal
ty

avatar

Ugh... that's terrible.

I haven't really had the chance 2 bring Prince up with 2 many people. I guess that fear is always there of people giving me looks and not looking at me the same way cuz of it.
Admitting u like Prince is like coming out the closet. Mind u, I'm perfectly straight (or as straight as my once-Scoliosis-ridden back will allow me), but he's looked upon wrongly by who I like to call

"The Ignorants"

Definition: people that c Prince as the media protrays him; refer 2 him as "really weird"... the list goes on.

It's stupid 2 compare Prince to really any other artist, past, present or future. Like he said about being compared 2 Jimi Hendrix, "he was a great musician and there'll be nobody else like him and it'd be a pity 2 try"... something like that during that 1985 MTV interview.

that's all i have 2 say at this point.
had 2 run away... pride was 2 strong. It started raining, baby, the birds were gone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/12/07 9:13pm

ToraToraDreams

avatar

Anyone who says Prince is wanna be white doesnt know shit about him.

And yeah. teens are stupid, and honey, I am 16...so I can relate.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/12/07 9:14pm

chaosandisorde
r

avatar

I totally agree.
Most of my friends love Purple Rain (movie & album)!
Not only that but they also think that he is super fine. I can't say that I blame them, but I was very suprised to hear that.
I listen to all kinds of music and a lot of different bands but that probably because I am a musician, but Prince play all types of music and writes his own music so I would never compare today's artist with Prince. Most artists have people to write and play their music for them. So if anyone tries to compare anyone to Prince they better come strong cause Prince has an army!
cool thread
P.S. I have never heard of Plies!
Yeah, I'm a female drummer, and yeah I'm
Awsome!
Love is to weak to define... Music!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/12/07 9:21pm

vainandy

avatar

You have to realize that there has never been a musical style change in a teenager's entire lifetime. The only thing they know is shit hop. It's the fault of the record labels and radio stations (which are monopolies these days) for keeping everything else out that might threaten shit hop. It didn't used to be this way before the monopolies. We had a musical style change about every five years or so.
Andy is a four letter word.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/12/07 9:33pm

KidaDynamite

avatar

chaosandisorder said:

I totally agree.
Most of my friends love Purple Rain (movie & album)!
Not only that but they also think that he is super fine. I can't say that I blame them, but I was very suprised to hear that.
I listen to all kinds of music and a lot of different bands but that probably because I am a musician, but Prince play all types of music and writes his own music so I would never compare today's artist with Prince. Most artists have people to write and play their music for them. So if anyone tries to compare anyone to Prince they better come strong cause Prince has an army!
cool thread
P.S. I have never heard of Plies!


omg I wish I had friends like yours!hrmph

And you've never heard of Plies cuz his ass is wack! lol
surviving on the thought of loving you, it's just like the water
I ain't felt this way in years...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/12/07 9:33pm

SIRTONY

avatar

well being a BIG PRINCE FAN SINCE 1982, U cant compare PRINCE to anybody
cause PRINCE does EVERYTHING that nobody else dose and still does it better.
(and if U dont beleive me look at HIS albums closely)

as far as RAPPERS, rappers from back in the dayz wrote their own words, NOW
rappers only write about 25% of their own stuff, and then they have other rappers on their albums and that takes it down to 10% of the shit they write.
SOME PEOPLE--THOSE WHO THINK IT'S EVER THEIR PLACE TO CHANGE SOMEONE--WILL FIND NEW "FAULTS" WHEN OLD ONES GET "FIXED".

milwaukee prince meetup.com milwaukee prince perplerain.com
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/12/07 9:41pm

purplesocks

avatar

here we go again about how our taste in music is way ahead and better than evryone elses and that they need to be converted and blah blah blah rolleyes

jus playin, but srsly... Just giv dem a cool Prince mix... If they don't like it they dont like it... they should at least giv him a chance no?
life is but a dream...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/12/07 9:54pm

DreamyPopRoyal
ty

avatar

purplesocks said:

here we go again about how our taste in music is way ahead and better than evryone elses and that they need to be converted and blah blah blah rolleyes

jus playin, but srsly... Just giv dem a cool Prince mix... If they don't like it they dont like it... they should at least giv him a chance no?


I always say... if they are already see him a certain way, there's really nothing u can do. They'll never join our ranks.

1 can't really bcome "one of us" unless u follow this neat little theorem I made up:

Admiration+Acceptence=Amazement

You have had a certain admiration for his talents & dedicaton and u have to accept him for who he is & the kinds of material he writes... and u'll eventually become amazed by everything he does.
had 2 run away... pride was 2 strong. It started raining, baby, the birds were gone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/12/07 10:19pm

ToraToraDreams

avatar

I dont care if people arent fans, I aint a dictator. Its when people make ignorant comments that I get annoyed.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/13/07 1:39am

PANDURITO

avatar

I was a teenager smile

...once upon a time, a long time ago sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/13/07 2:22am

DaveT

avatar

& that he has wack music



Can anyone give me a translation???

biggrin biggrin
www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/13/07 3:00am

prettymansson

DaveT said:

& that he has wack music



Can anyone give me a translation???

biggrin biggrin


wack = BAD..Corny..Shitty...Lame...Tired..take your pick wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/13/07 3:28am

wlcm2thdwn

Well I'm waaaaay older than being a teen, but the good thing about them is they grow up. I remember my parents Hating the ground Prince walked on when he first came out and I was a kid. Don't be so hard on the young people. smile
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 09/13/07 3:40am

prb

avatar

DaveT said:

& that he has wack music



Can anyone give me a translation???

biggrin biggrin


thats wot i was thinking lol

wack 2 me is a smack on the bum wink
seems that i was busy doing something close to nothing, but different than the day before music beret
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 09/13/07 4:02am

DaveT

avatar

prb said:

DaveT said:




Can anyone give me a translation???

biggrin biggrin


thats wot i was thinking lol

wack 2 me is a smack on the bum wink



That's exactly what I was thinking! How sad...I'm 26 and no longer "down with" the young people's lingo confused
www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 09/13/07 4:16am

prb

avatar

DaveT said:

prb said:



thats wot i was thinking lol

wack 2 me is a smack on the bum wink



That's exactly what I was thinking! How sad...I'm 26 and no longer "down with" the young people's lingo confused

try being 37 then disbelief lol
seems that i was busy doing something close to nothing, but different than the day before music beret
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 09/13/07 4:27am

purplesweat

rolleyes

Prince could EASILY be to teenagers what he was to them in 1984.

If he'd just EMBRACE technology rather than push it away like some 90 year old, WHILE still bringing the real music back, he could easily become big again.

The whole stance on youtube is stupid and embarassing. He's like an old grandad telling off the young'ns.

Black Sweat could have been HUGE if he'd advertised it more and gotten it out there. People love a good minimalist tune and the video was hot. But no, another wasted opportunity.

Chelsea Rodgers could be a decent hit, but one listen to the lyrics and teens will run a mile. Would YOU as a teen have wanted to listen to some 49 yr old your parents like rambling on about Moses and "the master plan"?? I'm not saying he should CHANGE who he is, but he should leave the preaching to ONE song an album, not fitting a lyric into every damn tune therefore ruining the mood somewhat.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 09/13/07 4:40am

Exetergirl

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 09/13/07 5:10am

prb

avatar

purplesweat said:

rolleyes

Prince could EASILY be to teenagers what he was to them in 1984.

If he'd just EMBRACE technology rather than push it away like some 90 year old, WHILE still bringing the real music back, he could easily become big again.

The whole stance on youtube is stupid and embarassing. He's like an old grandad telling off the young'ns.

Black Sweat could have been HUGE if he'd advertised it more and gotten it out there. People love a good minimalist tune and the video was hot. But no, another wasted opportunity.

Chelsea Rodgers could be a decent hit, but one listen to the lyrics and teens will run a mile. Would YOU as a teen have wanted to listen to some 49 yr old your parents like rambling on about Moses and "the master plan"?? I'm not saying he should CHANGE who he is, but he should leave the preaching to ONE song an album, not fitting a lyric into every damn tune therefore ruining the mood somewhat.



u should have been a teen around then sweat omg drool lol
seems that i was busy doing something close to nothing, but different than the day before music beret
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 09/13/07 5:17am

Tame

avatar

I disagree, Even the lyrics from "Controversy," say...

AmI black or white, Am I beige, or gray. cool
"The Lion Sleeps Tonight...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 09/13/07 5:20am

prb

avatar

Tame said:

I disagree, Even the lyrics from "Controversy," say...

AmI black or white, Am I beige, or gray. cool

falloff
seems that i was busy doing something close to nothing, but different than the day before music beret
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 09/13/07 7:05am

Genesia

avatar

prb said:

DaveT said:




That's exactly what I was thinking! How sad...I'm 26 and no longer "down with" the young people's lingo confused

try being 37 then disbelief lol


Oh, come on! I'm in my 40s -- and I know what "wack" means! (And, no -- I don't have kids.) lol
We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 09/13/07 7:36am

Jamzone333

avatar

Genesia said:

prb said:


try being 37 then disbelief lol


Oh, come on! I'm in my 40s -- and I know what "wack" means! (And, no -- I don't have kids.) lol



Listen, I'm in my 40's also, but if you read the messages in the myspace pages, you can pick up on the nonsense. Believe me. (I'm not a perv, I work for myspace lol lol) I don't have any kids, but it is kinda sad that they really don't have music that is enlightening and fun! Today's music from these rappers inspire ignorance. lol lol lol
"A united state of mind will never be divided
The real definition of unity is 1
People can slam their door, disagree and fight it
But how U gonna love the Father but not love the Son?
United States of Division"
gigglebowfroguitar
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 09/13/07 7:42am

DreamyPopRoyal
ty

avatar

haha... so my theorem has gone completely unnoticed.. shrug it was worth a shot. I thought the whole Admiration+Acceptance=Amazement thing was pretty good.

I really don't try to talk about Prince around "the ignorants" unless the conversation happens to be on music. Then I could bring him up, but I've only gotten that opportunity once (I got lucky that my ex-roommate happens 2c him the way eye do).

I don't know how many more ways I can spell it. Mainstream garbage is really 2 blame 4 the degradation of the industry. Just because he isn't popular on the radio, excuse me, the music he plays isn't popular on the radio, people my age and younger are missing out on sheer brilliance.

But at the same time, parents are partially 2 blame. I wouldn't have known about Prince the way I did w/o my dad's influence (u all know the story, he had me sit thru the movie even thu it was half over). But what I usually get is that parents that aren't really "artists" themselves really can't understand him the same way.

And you kinda have to understand him b4 u can get to know all of his music & the content. Otherwise... lets just say it wouldnt b pretty.
had 2 run away... pride was 2 strong. It started raining, baby, the birds were gone
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 09/13/07 7:46am

DaveT

avatar

Genesia said:

prb said:


try being 37 then disbelief lol


Oh, come on! I'm in my 40s -- and I know what "wack" means! (And, no -- I don't have kids.) lol



I was a joke!!! biggrin

...sorry, I meant, "it woz like, a joke, innit m8"
www.filmsfilmsfilms.co.uk - The internet's best movie site!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 09/13/07 9:13am

L4OATheOrigina
l

avatar

vainandy said:

You have to realize that there has never been a musical style change in a teenager's entire lifetime. The only thing they know is shit hop. It's the fault of the record labels and radio stations (which are monopolies these days) for keeping everything else out that might threaten shit hop. It didn't used to be this way before the monopolies. We had a musical style change about every five years or so.


i would agree with u about radio stations etc, but even we were teenagers ourselves back then, hip hop was making a movement and it began the transition of good quality music being pushed back 2 make way 4 this radical movement within the music industry.
man, he has such an amazing body of music that it's sad to see him constrict it down to the basics. he's too talented for the lineup he's doing. estelle 81
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 09/13/07 9:16am

FuNkeNsteiN

avatar

Negritaluvyu said:

And I AM one. I don't understand how people my age would rather spend money to hear someone talk about their bitches and ho's , then to hear someone talk about Love & Life ? It's just so >< lame ?

- My rant is caused by school today. Me & my friend got into an argument; she said Prince is the most wanna be white person since Michael Jackson & that he has wack music. But this lame ass rapper Plies is better .OMG I hate Plies he's sooooo stupid.

- But anywho ; maybe I'm just weird for liking Prince so much. And then they like to compare today's artist to Prince ; which is pointless considering he's a legend and most of the artists today don't even write their own music; but whatever.

- I thought I'd get this rant out to all you fellow Prince fans ; the "others" wouldnt understand.

falloff falloff

Holy shit, what a fucking moron lol
[Edited 9/13/07 9:17am]
It is not known why FuNkeNsteiN capitalizes his name as he does, though some speculate sunlight deficiency caused by the most pimpified white guy afro in Nordic history.

- Lammastide
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 09/13/07 9:38am

happyhappy

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 09/13/07 11:06am

drdiesel

avatar

When I was at school, i wasn't embarrassed for liking Prince, but when it was mentioned some people made stupid comments, and like has been said above, it's almost on a par with coming out the closet. Thing is now, I don't care what people think, I LOVE PRINCE - get over it!
I am Princes love child!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Teenagers are the biggest Idiots walking around.