independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > PRINCE MAY TRADE IN VEGAS GIG FOR TOUR
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/23/07 5:08am

EROTICCITYNPG

avatar

PRINCE MAY TRADE IN VEGAS GIG FOR TOUR

http://www.eurweb.com/sto...r31646.cfm

PRINCE MAY TRADE IN VEGAS GIG FOR TOUR: News station says artist will dip out of the Rio Hotel on March 31.




*Those planning a trip to see Prince perform in his new Vegas nightspot better hurry up and get out there before the end of next month.


The entertainment reporter for KVBC-TV in Las Vegas reported that the artist will soon shut down his weekly Friday and Saturday performances at his newly-opened club at the Rio Hotel & Casino so that he can tour behind his latest album, “3121.”


Reporter Alicia Jacobs told viewers that Prince is due to cut ties with the venue on March 31st, however, it was unclear as to whether the club would continue on featuring other performers during his time away.


Despite the report, a rep for the Rio, dubbed Club 3121, told the Las Vegas Review Journal that "there's not a confirmed end date as of yet."
Erotic City Come Alive...!!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/g...icCityNPG/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/25/07 8:37am

Anx

EROTICCITYNPG said:


The entertainment reporter for KVBC-TV in Las Vegas reported that the artist will soon shut down his weekly Friday and Saturday performances at his newly-opened club at the Rio Hotel & Casino so that he can tour behind his latest album, “3121.”



YAY! EVEN MORE 3121 err
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/25/07 8:39am

bellanoche

Yeah I posted this last night with a disclaimer that I didn't know how credible it was because EURWeb isn't the most journalistically sound news site.
http://www.prince.org/msg...8760?&pg=3
perfection is a fallacy of the imagination...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/25/07 9:48am

markandsandy

It's about time! I'm surprised he's put off touring this long. Though my luck he'll be on tour right about the same time as my due date.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/25/07 10:18am

madhouseman

this has been the rumour for months. I just wish he'd confirm his March dates for us.
The expanded version of my book PRINCE and The Purple Rain Era Studio Sessions 1983-1984 was released in November 2018. (www.amazon.com/gp/product/1538114623/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_bibl_vppi_i0) or www.facebook.com/groups/1...104195943/
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/25/07 10:19am

misty2k

avatar

Well, for the love of all that is good, will he please tour the UK?

I damn well hope so!
"All of this and more is For You"
~ - ~ ~ - ~ ~ - ~ ~ - ~
Peace, Love and Positivity
~ - ~ ~ - ~ ~ - ~
Tell me, who in the House know about the Quake.com
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/25/07 10:36am

BeautifulOneJe
m

avatar

barf Tour for 3121... come on! His worst album in years! His band sucks, and of course the Twinz will be in tow. For the first time i have an uneasy feeling about a Prince tour. shoot2 3121
Did you order a pizza ma'am? Prince- UTCM
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/25/07 10:38am

Anx

BeautifulOneJem said:

barf Tour for 3121... come on! His worst album in years! His band sucks, and of course the Twinz will be in tow. For the first time i have an uneasy feeling about a Prince tour. shoot2 3121


i don't necessarily hate 3121, but i'm tired of it! it's done! he's milked it for all he can! it's time for something new - what was the 'guitar' download single all about, anyway?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/25/07 10:51am

BeautifulOneJe
m

avatar

I dont know what he was trying to do with Guitar. And 3121 isnt complete shit, but its not good either. Im just tired of it. havnt listened to it since a couple weeks after it was released. When I try to I just shut it off. If hes planning a big tour he should release a dencent album to promote.
Did you order a pizza ma'am? Prince- UTCM
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/25/07 11:52am

beautifulone7

Uhhhh....Isn't it a little late to be touring for "3121"? I could tell he was tired of Vegas at the concert last night, as we all knew he would be. The whole Vegas thing is so not him. I don't care what anybody says, it's a cheesy ass city. (not referring to the residents of course)

I wouldn't say his band sucks, but he's definitely not feeling them at all. He basically ignores them until the end of the show- not a good sign imo.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/25/07 11:57am

Steph07

I could also do without a tour of 3121. Instead he should devote his time and money towards a new album that is just as good as the stuff he's come up with lately. Don't get me wrong, Musicology and 3121 are great, but he needs to get back to his funk/rock glory days an create some hits that are worth listening to for years to come.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/25/07 12:10pm

Jamzone333

avatar

Yall ain't never happy up in here. lol lol lol

Check it, if he does a tour, then he can have the The Family, Sheila E. or The Time on tour with him. Shoot, there aren't that many old skool tours lately and I think that this is a good move...You can't get all of these acts together in Vegas. It doesn't matter what album he is supporting, just tour. I want to see the Family on a Prince Tour. nodnod razz razz
"A united state of mind will never be divided
The real definition of unity is 1
People can slam their door, disagree and fight it
But how U gonna love the Father but not love the Son?
United States of Division"
gigglebowfroguitar
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/25/07 12:17pm

superspaceboy

avatar

Anx said:

EROTICCITYNPG said:


The entertainment reporter for KVBC-TV in Las Vegas reported that the artist will soon shut down his weekly Friday and Saturday performances at his newly-opened club at the Rio Hotel & Casino so that he can tour behind his latest album, “3121.”



YAY! EVEN MORE 3121 err


falloff I was thinking the same thing. Isn't it a bit late for that?

Christian Zombie Vampires

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/25/07 12:19pm

ZARIA7ETAN

avatar

I'm not the biggest fan of 3121, but I don't care what album he is supporting as long as he comes to Europe!!! Come to the UK Prince!!! biggrin Taking the Family, Sheila E or The Time would be amazing excited
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/25/07 12:21pm

superspaceboy

avatar

Jamzone333 said:

Yall ain't never happy up in here. lol lol lol

Check it, if he does a tour, then he can have the The Family, Sheila E. or The Time on tour with him. Shoot, there aren't that many old skool tours lately and I think that this is a good move...You can't get all of these acts together in Vegas. It doesn't matter what album he is supporting, just tour. I want to see the Family on a Prince Tour. nodnod razz razz


See, that's just it. If he tours I doubt it'll be with The Family, SHeila or the Time. If anything they might open up a few select cities. Here's a good question...why didn't any of these acts get booked at 3121 club on the off nights. I thought that that's what he was going to do.

Christian Zombie Vampires

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/25/07 12:27pm

7kisses4U

.
[Edited 4/18/07 22:16pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/25/07 12:38pm

BananaCologne

bellanoche said:

Yeah I posted this last night with a disclaimer that I didn't know how credible it was because EURWeb isn't the most journalistically sound news site.
http://www.prince.org/msg...8760?&pg=3


This news item was submitted on the 23rd, unfortunately I've only just got around to filing through them all.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/25/07 12:47pm

ideation99

I can only hope this "tour in support of 3121" was a misquote. I would be disappointed if no new album was released. I for one, am tired of the whole 3121 concept. The album was fine but nothing spectacular that would need revisiting a whole year later on tour. I hope he's gotten all of this 3121 out of his system in Vegas.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 02/25/07 1:01pm

GangstaFam

With all the speculation, it's impossible to tell what the new tour will be like or what he'll be supporting.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 02/25/07 1:03pm

Princology05

avatar

YESSS!!!!! HE BETTER START IN THE UNITED STATES!!! IN LA!!! SOOO FREAKIN EXCITED!!!!
Soul mate-One of two persons compatible with each other in disposition, point of view, or sensitivity.

Friend-A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 02/25/07 1:13pm

Ceaser

beautifulone7 said:

Uhhhh....Isn't it a little late to be touring for "3121"? I could tell he was tired of Vegas at the concert last night, as we all knew he would be. The whole Vegas thing is so not him. I don't care what anybody says, it's a cheesy ass city. (not referring to the residents of course)

I wouldn't say his band sucks, but he's definitely not feeling them at all. He basically ignores them until the end of the show- not a good sign imo.

Yeah,
I think it's a little late too. Besides 3121 isn't that good. I like some of it Black Sweat, Insense and Candles & Fury, but the world's gonna want the Revolution.....at lease I do. Old school baby! Any one else want to here new suff from that classic line up?
"Be glad you are free, free to change your mind, free to go most anywhere anytime!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 02/25/07 2:49pm

Anx

ZARIA7ETAN said:

I'm not the biggest fan of 3121, but I don't care what album he is supporting as long as he comes to Europe!!! Come to the UK Prince!!! biggrin Taking the Family, Sheila E or The Time would be amazing excited


i agree. i mean, he could decide to go back in his catalog and do a "1999: the new master" tour, and if he stopped in chicago, you know my sorry ass will be there famming out with the rest of 'em. lol

still, it'd be nice to move on from 3121...the whole concept just seems so incoherent, and i feel like he's trying to create a whole brand around it without much of a foundation to go by. but whatever he does, yeah, i'll be there whenever it comes to chicago. lol sigh
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 02/25/07 3:18pm

squirrelgrease

avatar

Bet he doesn't tour till after a new CD drops this summer.
If prince.org were to be made idiot proof, someone would just invent a better idiot.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 02/25/07 4:24pm

emm

avatar

he could tour in support of my grocery list and it wouldn't matter biggrin


it will be interesting... i bet he keeps the club and other people just use it in the off season. then our boy goes back next winter.

as always... the only one who knows for sure is our little purple freak lol
doveShe couldn't stop crying 'cause she knew he was gone to stay dove
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 02/25/07 4:42pm

Jamzone333

avatar

superspaceboy said:

Jamzone333 said:

Yall ain't never happy up in here. lol lol lol

Check it, if he does a tour, then he can have the The Family, Sheila E. or The Time on tour with him. Shoot, there aren't that many old skool tours lately and I think that this is a good move...You can't get all of these acts together in Vegas. It doesn't matter what album he is supporting, just tour. I want to see the Family on a Prince Tour. nodnod razz razz


See, that's just it. If he tours I doubt it'll be with The Family, SHeila or the Time. If anything they might open up a few select cities. Here's a good question...why didn't any of these acts get booked at 3121 club on the off nights. I thought that that's what he was going to do.


Now, I dig what you are saying...but I bet the Family will definitely tie in the 22 year plus reunion with a tour with Prince. Unless you are a "diehard" Prince fan, no one else knows or would care about The Family. If he did hook up with all of his proteges, this would be the best concert tour of the year. But, I was also wondering why The Time or Sheila E didn't perform at 3121...hhhhmmmmm razz razz
[Edited 2/25/07 16:43pm]
"A united state of mind will never be divided
The real definition of unity is 1
People can slam their door, disagree and fight it
But how U gonna love the Father but not love the Son?
United States of Division"
gigglebowfroguitar
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 02/25/07 6:05pm

CherrieMoonKis
ses

avatar

So like...is it gonna be a diehard fam concert tour???omg...Im starved 4 one!!!...or will it be another "commercial" concert tour? bored
peace & wildsign
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 02/25/07 7:39pm

SteveJ2004

People here just love to complain about anything. A new tour might actually be happening, and all anyone can think to do is complain about what album it's behind?

Forget about that, I just want more live Prince! lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 02/25/07 7:43pm

shaedove99

avatar

IF he does a tour & has the Time I'd be in shock because Morris is doing auto dealer commercials down here in GA. eek
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 02/25/07 7:52pm

sexxydancer

excited
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 02/26/07 12:02am

Krystal666

avatar

Tour! Tour! Tour! Prince don't forget Mpls please!!! kisses
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > PRINCE MAY TRADE IN VEGAS GIG FOR TOUR