independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Manuela files for divorce - POST HERE ONLY
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 7 of 10 <12345678910>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #180 posted 07/26/06 6:11pm

SummerRain

ladygirl99 said:

This is kind of suprising that Mani is the one who asking for the divorce yet she had jumped many hurdles to get with Prince in the first place.


All i gotsa say is WOW.

What wouldn't a golddigga do to get to her pot of gold?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #181 posted 07/26/06 6:11pm

silverandgold

ladygirl99 said:

silverandgold said:

Well, sounds like she did want him only for who he is, he's Prince. Maybe now he'll be happy and better off.

Prince needs to stay single period and just stay married to his music, because every woman he meets will more than likely only want him because of who he is. It will be hard for him to find true love not knowing if it's "real love" or not. Wow, the price you pay for fame.
[Edited 7/26/06 17:11pm]

I agreed about that. I even remembered Mani used to post on the AMP back in 1998 of how much she was so crazy about Prince. She was like 20 or 21 then. I guessed in Mani case since she was the one who reportedly filed for divorce that she realized that Prince wasn't what she thought he would be as she became older and wiser.

When fans have crush on celebrites it is usually so one-sided and only like them because of who they are yet failed to see what they might be like out out of the spotlight or that they also human as well. Yep I can still be guilty of thinking like that.

That is why I dont want to meet my favorite celebrites in person. I would like to just continue to fantasy about them and admire their work of whatever they do best rather than might meet them someday and turn out to be a big disappointment or them acting like assholes.


That's true. She was in a fantasy world and at 20 and 21, most females are at that "fantasy" stage just before becoming a "real woman" so to speak. She forgot he is a human being and not some "fantasized character". I hope Prince is careful about who he meets next, take his time, don't fall in love so quickly. He's better off with someone in the same field as he is as they would understand each other's careers.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #182 posted 07/26/06 6:15pm

sambluedolphin

avatar

Damn what a shock. sad

I never thought this would replecate. I mean only difference i know is Mate is and was a slut, i mean who goes out with a pregnant-wife-beatin druggie?

'She Loves Me 4 Me' I will not dispute, like it said in the post, 'Manela liked Prince for who he is'. The song should always be mentioned, no matter what.

I love Prince and my Prayers are with him.

Sam 8)
Prince 2010 Good Luck for Future & Tour
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #183 posted 07/26/06 6:17pm

silverandgold

SummerRain said:

ladygirl99 said:

This is kind of suprising that Mani is the one who asking for the divorce yet she had jumped many hurdles to get with Prince in the first place.


All i gotsa say is WOW.

What wouldn't a golddigga do to get to her pot of gold?


Basically, anything? wink

And got the nerve to be having a fragrance line, but that's her thing, I say good luck.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #184 posted 07/26/06 6:18pm

Anx

missfee said:

that JW act is gonna go right out the window soon...watch.


or not. larry is still in the picture, so there's still a connection. i think if anything, prince is going to become even more private about what he is or isn't affiliated with for a while.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #185 posted 07/26/06 6:21pm

LittleRedCorve
tte

Something I just thought of, and don't think it's been mentioned, is that I truly don't think Prince will ever remarry. When he and Mayte split, their marriage was annulled, which left it open for him to remarry, since an annullment is basically stating that the two are considered to have never been married. With Mani, it is a divorce, not an annullment, and therefore the marriage is considered to have been real. Given Prince's spiritual nature, I just don't think he would ever remarry because of that.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #186 posted 07/26/06 6:26pm

iceblueangel20
07

CalhounSq said:


sad

All I know is I don't want P to go to his grave w/ a pimp hat & no one who truly loves him. This makes me sad that they couldn't make it.
hmm
shrug
rose


So true CalhounSq, I feel the same. sad
God doesn't just tells me how much he "LOVE's" me, God shows me how much he "LOVE's" me. Both telling and showing "LOVE" means to "LOVE". They go hand in hand. You can't have one with out the other. Something is spoken, then followed by an action. That is
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #187 posted 07/26/06 6:29pm

ladygirl99

silverandgold said:

ladygirl99 said:


I agreed about that. I even remembered Mani used to post on the AMP back in 1998 of how much she was so crazy about Prince. She was like 20 or 21 then. I guessed in Mani case since she was the one who reportedly filed for divorce that she realized that Prince wasn't what she thought he would be as she became older and wiser.

When fans have crush on celebrites it is usually so one-sided and only like them because of who they are yet failed to see what they might be like out out of the spotlight or that they also human as well. Yep I can still be guilty of thinking like that.

That is why I dont want to meet my favorite celebrites in person. I would like to just continue to fantasy about them and admire their work of whatever they do best rather than might meet them someday and turn out to be a big disappointment or them acting like assholes.


That's true. She was in a fantasy world and at 20 and 21, most females are at that "fantasy" stage just before becoming a "real woman" so to speak. She forgot he is a human being and not some "fantasized character". I hope Prince is careful about who he meets next, take his time, don't fall in love so quickly. He's better off with someone in the same field as he is as they would understand each other's careers.

Like dudes dont fantasy of being with a hottest female celebrity. lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #188 posted 07/26/06 6:32pm

PurpleCharm

LittleRedCorvette said:

Something I just thought of, and don't think it's been mentioned, is that I truly don't think Prince will ever remarry. When he and Mayte split, their marriage was annulled, which left it open for him to remarry, since an annullment is basically stating that the two are considered to have never been married. With Mani, it is a divorce, not an annullment, and therefore the marriage is considered to have been real. Given Prince's spiritual nature, I just don't think he would ever remarry because of that.


I hope that won't be the case, because that would mean no children for Prince. sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #189 posted 07/26/06 6:33pm

origmnd

iceblueangel2007 said:

CalhounSq said:


sad

All I know is I don't want P to go to his grave w/ a pimp hat & no one who truly loves him. This makes me sad that they couldn't make it.
hmm
shrug
rose


So true CalhounSq, I feel the same. sad


Just because he may remain single to the end doesnt mean "no one who truly loves him" will follow.

U die with God not with your love.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #190 posted 07/26/06 6:33pm

thepope2the9s

avatar

Prince should have taken his fathers advice:

Father: Do you have a girlfriend?
P: yeah, I got a girlfriend.
Father: U gonna get married?
P:.sssh, I dont know.
Father: NEVER GET MARRIED.
Stand Up! Everybody, this is your life!
https://www.facebook.com/...pope2the9s follow me on twitter @thepope2the9s
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #191 posted 07/26/06 6:36pm

ahammond

I have no respect for someone who makes a living at gossiping."OOOH My Gawd, did you hear about..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #192 posted 07/26/06 6:41pm

LittleRedCorve
tte

PurpleCharm said:

LittleRedCorvette said:

Something I just thought of, and don't think it's been mentioned, is that I truly don't think Prince will ever remarry. When he and Mayte split, their marriage was annulled, which left it open for him to remarry, since an annullment is basically stating that the two are considered to have never been married. With Mani, it is a divorce, not an annullment, and therefore the marriage is considered to have been real. Given Prince's spiritual nature, I just don't think he would ever remarry because of that.


I hope that won't be the case, because that would mean no children for Prince. sad


It doesn't take marriage to have children. Besides given the circumstances in his first marriage, I'm not sure Prince would be willing to take the chance to go through that again. I lost a daughter (stillborn) and I really believed that if ever I got pregnant again with another girl (had had a son before my daughter and he was fine) that the same thing would happen again. When I finally did get pregnant with a girl, I was afraid the whole time that I would end up losing her too. Almost did in fact. She was delivered at 36 weeks exactly weighing only 4 lbs. 12 ozs. and they believe that my first daughter was IUGR (Intrauterine growth restricted) like my second daughter, which results in high still birth rates. I got my tubes tied after that, because the risk to my health was too great, but also I felt like I had pushed my luck with my second daughter. And while it is sad to think of Prince never having a child, if he has made that decision, and come to terms with it, then I wish him well. If he desires to have children, then he will find a way.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #193 posted 07/26/06 6:45pm

nurse

PurpleCharm said:

LittleRedCorvette said:

Something I just thought of, and don't think it's been mentioned, is that I truly don't think Prince will ever remarry. When he and Mayte split, their marriage was annulled, which left it open for him to remarry, since an annullment is basically stating that the two are considered to have never been married. With Mani, it is a divorce, not an annullment, and therefore the marriage is considered to have been real. Given Prince's spiritual nature, I just don't think he would ever remarry because of that.


I hope that won't be the case, because that would mean no children for Prince. sad




Now that would be truly sad indeed I hope that will not be the case for Prince. He deserves a loving family like we all do wink .
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #194 posted 07/26/06 6:46pm

silverandgold

thepope2the9s said:

Prince should have taken his fathers advice:

Father: Do you have a girlfriend?
P: yeah, I got a girlfriend.
Father: U gonna get married?
P:.sssh, I dont know.
Father: NEVER GET MARRIED.



Ain't that the truth!!Especially if you're Prince.

Here they come. Look out for the vultures Prince, they're gonna be waiting in line, Lolita and all her friends, cousins, aunties, sisters, step-sisters, half-sisters, ex-sister-in-laws, divorcees, etc. lol
[Edited 7/26/06 18:48pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #195 posted 07/26/06 6:48pm

PurpleCharm

LittleRedCorvette said:

PurpleCharm said:



I hope that won't be the case, because that would mean no children for Prince. sad


It doesn't take marriage to have children. Besides given the circumstances in his first marriage, I'm not sure Prince would be willing to take the chance to go through that again. I lost a daughter (stillborn) and I really believed that if ever I got pregnant again with another girl (had had a son before my daughter and he was fine) that the same thing would happen again. When I finally did get pregnant with a girl, I was afraid the whole time that I would end up losing her too. Almost did in fact. She was delivered at 36 weeks exactly weighing only 4 lbs. 12 ozs. and they believe that my first daughter was IUGR (Intrauterine growth restricted) like my second daughter, which results in high still birth rates. I got my tubes tied after that, because the risk to my health was too great, but also I felt like I had pushed my luck with my second daughter. And while it is sad to think of Prince never having a child, if he has made that decision, and come to terms with it, then I wish him well. If he desires to have children, then he will find a way.


Ummm...I know that you don't have to be married to have children. I just don't see Prince having children born out-of-wedlock.

Anywho, sorry to hear about your difficult pregnancies.
[Edited 7/26/06 18:53pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #196 posted 07/26/06 6:49pm

Ifsixwuz9

avatar

origmnd said:

iceblueangel2007 said:



So true CalhounSq, I feel the same. sad


Just because he may remain single to the end doesnt mean "no one who truly loves him" will follow.

U die with God not with your love.



True. There are plenty people who've been together for years without the benefit of marriage for fear of ruining what they have if they did get hitched. shrug
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll play it first and tell you what it is later.
-Miles Davis-
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #197 posted 07/26/06 6:52pm

silverandgold

ladygirl99 said:

silverandgold said:



That's true. She was in a fantasy world and at 20 and 21, most females are at that "fantasy" stage just before becoming a "real woman" so to speak. She forgot he is a human being and not some "fantasized character". I hope Prince is careful about who he meets next, take his time, don't fall in love so quickly. He's better off with someone in the same field as he is as they would understand each other's careers.

Like dudes dont fantasy of being with a hottest female celebrity. lol


Oh I never said that, but I was talking about females with famous male celebrities.

By the way, when isnt' a guy not lusting after some female celebrity? lol lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #198 posted 07/26/06 6:52pm

Tom

avatar

It's on perezhilton now too...

http://www.perezhilton.com
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #199 posted 07/26/06 6:52pm

Anx

Tom said:

It's on perezhilton now too...

http://www.perezhilton.com


yeah, just parroting the CJ story..
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #200 posted 07/26/06 6:53pm

eugnj420

Prince, Wife Are Divorcing
WEDNESDAY JULY 26, 2006 07:20PM EST


Testolini Nelson and Prince

Prince and wife Manuela Testolini Nelson are divorcing, PEOPLE has learned.

Alan Eidsness, the lawyer representing Prince, confirms that a divorce action was filed at Minnesota's Hennepin County District Court on May 24. The documents are sealed.

Prince (full name: Prince Rogers Nelson), 48, and Testolini Nelson, 29, a former employee at Prince's charitable foundation, were married in 2001. She took her husband's last name.

Testolini Nelson, a Toronto native, is the founder and president of Gamillah, Inc., which operates, among other ventures, a production company and a line of designer candles. She is also involved with nonprofits including YouthCARE and United Communities Against Poverty.

Prince, who is working on a follow-up to his critically acclaimed 2006 album 3121, was previously married to backup singer and dancer Mayte Garcia from 1996 through 1998, when their union was annulled.

Reps for Testolini Nelson had no comment; Prince could not be reached.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Veteran funk rocker Prince and his second wife are ending their marriage, People magazine reported on Wednesday.

The celebrity magazine cited Prince's lawyer, Alan Eidsness, as saying a sealed divorce action was filed on May 24 at Hennepin County District Court in the Prince's home state of Minnesota.

The 48-year-old singer (born Prince Rogers Nelson) and 29-year-old Manuela Testolini were married in a Jehovah's Witness ceremony in Hawaii on December 31, 2001. The Toronto native used to work at Prince's charitable foundation. The couple had no children together.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, famed for such genre-bending tunes as ``Let's Go Crazy'' and ``1999,'' was briefly married to backup singer and dancer Mayte Garcia in the mid-1990s. Their union was later annulled. They had a child who died shortly after birth.

The publicist for Prince's record label was not immediately available to comment.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #201 posted 07/26/06 6:57pm

CalhounSq

avatar

origmnd said:

iceblueangel2007 said:



So true CalhounSq, I feel the same. sad


Just because he may remain single to the end doesnt mean "no one who truly loves him" will follow.

U die with God not with your love.


I hear you but the man has attempted marriage twice. He's obviously interested in finding an earthly being to share his life with...
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #202 posted 07/26/06 6:59pm

PurpleCharm

eugnj420 said:

Prince, Wife Are Divorcing
WEDNESDAY JULY 26, 2006 07:20PM EST


Testolini Nelson and Prince

Prince and wife Manuela Testolini Nelson are divorcing, PEOPLE has learned.

Alan Eidsness, the lawyer representing Prince, confirms that a divorce action was filed at Minnesota's Hennepin County District Court on May 24. The documents are sealed.

Prince (full name: Prince Rogers Nelson), 48, and Testolini Nelson, 29, a former employee at Prince's charitable foundation, were married in 2001. She took her husband's last name.

Testolini Nelson, a Toronto native, is the founder and president of Gamillah, Inc., which operates, among other ventures, a production company and a line of designer candles. She is also involved with nonprofits including YouthCARE and United Communities Against Poverty.

Prince, who is working on a follow-up to his critically acclaimed 2006 album 3121, was previously married to backup singer and dancer Mayte Garcia from 1996 through 1998, when their union was annulled.

Reps for Testolini Nelson had no comment; Prince could not be reached.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Veteran funk rocker Prince and his second wife are ending their marriage, People magazine reported on Wednesday.

The celebrity magazine cited Prince's lawyer, Alan Eidsness, as saying a sealed divorce action was filed on May 24 at Hennepin County District Court in the Prince's home state of Minnesota.

The 48-year-old singer (born Prince Rogers Nelson) and 29-year-old Manuela Testolini were married in a Jehovah's Witness ceremony in Hawaii on December 31, 2001. The Toronto native used to work at Prince's charitable foundation. The couple had no children together.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, famed for such genre-bending tunes as ``Let's Go Crazy'' and ``1999,'' was briefly married to backup singer and dancer Mayte Garcia in the mid-1990s. Their union was later annulled. They had a child who died shortly after birth.

The publicist for Prince's record label was not immediately available to comment.


So, People magazine is reporting that he is working on a new album. Interesting. cool
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #203 posted 07/26/06 7:00pm

Anx

PurpleCharm said:

eugnj420 said:

Prince, Wife Are Divorcing
WEDNESDAY JULY 26, 2006 07:20PM EST


Testolini Nelson and Prince

Prince and wife Manuela Testolini Nelson are divorcing, PEOPLE has learned.

Alan Eidsness, the lawyer representing Prince, confirms that a divorce action was filed at Minnesota's Hennepin County District Court on May 24. The documents are sealed.

Prince (full name: Prince Rogers Nelson), 48, and Testolini Nelson, 29, a former employee at Prince's charitable foundation, were married in 2001. She took her husband's last name.

Testolini Nelson, a Toronto native, is the founder and president of Gamillah, Inc., which operates, among other ventures, a production company and a line of designer candles. She is also involved with nonprofits including YouthCARE and United Communities Against Poverty.

Prince, who is working on a follow-up to his critically acclaimed 2006 album 3121, was previously married to backup singer and dancer Mayte Garcia from 1996 through 1998, when their union was annulled.

Reps for Testolini Nelson had no comment; Prince could not be reached.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Veteran funk rocker Prince and his second wife are ending their marriage, People magazine reported on Wednesday.

The celebrity magazine cited Prince's lawyer, Alan Eidsness, as saying a sealed divorce action was filed on May 24 at Hennepin County District Court in the Prince's home state of Minnesota.

The 48-year-old singer (born Prince Rogers Nelson) and 29-year-old Manuela Testolini were married in a Jehovah's Witness ceremony in Hawaii on December 31, 2001. The Toronto native used to work at Prince's charitable foundation. The couple had no children together.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, famed for such genre-bending tunes as ``Let's Go Crazy'' and ``1999,'' was briefly married to backup singer and dancer Mayte Garcia in the mid-1990s. Their union was later annulled. They had a child who died shortly after birth.

The publicist for Prince's record label was not immediately available to comment.


So, People magazine is reporting that he is working on a new album. Interesting. cool


i wouldn't put TOO much money on that mention, but i guess it's a safe bet in general to assume he's on to the next thing already...probably has been for a while.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #204 posted 07/26/06 7:04pm

nurse

Well, I don't know about everyone else here, but I wish happiness for Prince and I just don't want to see him hook up with another woman who makes herself known and gets a career out of being married to him. He deserves more than that.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #205 posted 07/26/06 7:05pm

violett

avatar

sosgemini said:

this thread needs more duct tape:





these are quite possibly the ugliest dresses i have EVER seen barf
[Edited 7/26/06 19:42pm]
heart
vi star
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #206 posted 07/26/06 7:08pm

ladygirl99

That is cool Prince is working on another album. So I guess that means 3121 era is over then.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #207 posted 07/26/06 7:10pm

CalhounSq

avatar

Ifsixwuz9 said:

origmnd said:



Just because he may remain single to the end doesnt mean "no one who truly loves him" will follow.

U die with God not with your love.



True. There are plenty people who've been together for years without the benefit of marriage for fear of ruining what they have if they did get hitched. shrug

I know that. & I know that if there's anyone who can meet tons of potential mates, it's P lol But my boy is pushing 50, his second marriage has failed & he's gotta be somewhat difficult to build a life with. It's gonna be interesting to say the least, finding real love... Hell, maybe he's his own true love shrug
heart prince I never met you, but I LOVE you & I will forever!! Thank you for being YOU - my little Princey, the best to EVER do it prince heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #208 posted 07/26/06 7:11pm

PurpleCharm



The Artist Formerly Known as Married eek

by Natalie Finn
Jul 26, 2006, 5:20 PM PT



Prince's NPG Music Club isn't the only thing shutting down.

The Musicology artist's wife of five years, Manuela Testolini Nelson, filed for divorce on May 24, according to court documents obtained Wednesday by the Minneapolis Star Tribune.

Testolini Nelson, 29, used to work for Paisley Park Studios, the recording and production complex Prince opened near Minneapolis in 1987.

The duo tied the knot in 2001 in a small, super-secret Jehovah's Witness ceremony in Hawaii, with the bride taking her husband's name. For those of you who may have forgotten that the 48-year-old Prince has a last name, he was born Prince Robert Nelson.

While her future ex has been busy releasing a number-one album, performing on Saturday Night Live and American Idol, picking up BET and Webby awards and making cryptic comments lol , Testolini Nelson runs Gamillah Inc., which houses a production company, a line of designer candles and other businesses.

This was Prince's second marriage. His first, to backup singer-dancer Mayte Garcia, was annulled in 1998 after two years, with Prince stating that "the best way to demonstrate [that they're joined for life] is to do away with the legal bonds that people demand."

Speaking of legal demands, Britain's HM Publishing Holdings filed a trademark lawsuit against Prince's NPG Music Club (named after the New Power Generation) Website on July 3, protesting its use of the "NPG" moniker because it coincides with the company's own Nature Publishing Group, or NPG.

Prince's attorney, David Schelzel, has said that his client's right to use the name is not in jeopardy and that the decision to shut down NPGMusicClub.com had nothing to do with the lawsuit.

http://www.eonline.com/Ne...tml?fdnews
[Edited 7/26/06 19:15pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #209 posted 07/26/06 7:11pm

lilgish

avatar

Prince needs to marry fucking Aretha Franklin or maybe somebody who might cut that ego down to size, not marrying these young girls who look good and who are just pleasent to be around. Prince needs his Annette Bening.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 7 of 10 <12345678910>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Manuela files for divorce - POST HERE ONLY