independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Manuela files for divorce - POST HERE ONLY
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 4 of 10 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #90 posted 07/26/06 2:58pm

Anx

sosgemini said:

Anx said:

this could be one of the reasons NPGMC got shut down "temporarily", because they saw this coming...so there wouldn't be a kajillion threads and chat conversations about the divorce with all kinds of gossip and lies flying around among the fans. shrug


nod

and probably the same reason Tamar's album was delayed...or something like that.


lol


i won't even get into all that. lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #91 posted 07/26/06 3:03pm

txladykat

avatar

Ok, well, looked it up

Minnesota has spousal support (Mani ain't gonna be hurting for money), which says "Factors that a court evaluates in setting spousal maintenance include the standard of living enjoyed during the marriage, the relative incomes or earning potentials of the parties, and the needs of each party."


Oh, and, Minnesota's residency requirements are 180 days...so it is decided on Minnesota law because that is where Mani lives (hence why she filed in Hennepin County). doesn't matter where P lives, doesn't matter where they got married.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #92 posted 07/26/06 3:04pm

SammiJ

Anx said:

sosgemini said:



nod

and probably the same reason Tamar's album was delayed...or something like that.


lol


i won't even get into all that. lol

yeah, yall are just inviting those subliminal cryptic fams to share what they believe is the TRUTH

evillol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #93 posted 07/26/06 3:06pm

txladykat

avatar

controversy/conflict within the P camp means DAMN GOOD JAMS, bring em on...we've been ready and waiting! LOL,

Sorry, don't mean to sound callous or crude...but it's time to bring back some of that funk we all know he feels in times like this.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #94 posted 07/26/06 3:07pm

theoriginalQue
enB

origmnd said:

Guess his line in Fury comes to light.

"will this song have a happy ending...only the woman knows..only she knows"

Sounds like Prince doesnt want the divorce
...could it be because of his recent desire for his career to be in the limelight again?



lightning rainbo

can't agree with your assessment there origmnd....Fury quite possibly speaks 2 'concerns' that rarely see public light.....

...of course eye would say that tho considering he also said, "Queen got no King"

*****Bcuz that little man also stated "What's the name? Only she knows
Only the woman knows, only she knows"...he's been aware of that since 1991...

dove
queen B
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #95 posted 07/26/06 3:08pm

SammiJ

txladykat said:

controversy/conflict within the P camp means DAMN GOOD JAMS, bring em on...we've been ready and waiting! LOL,

Sorry, don't mean to sound callous or crude...but it's time to bring back some of that funk we all know he feels in times like this.

i guess that means that Prince is indeed...emo...

...without actually BEING emo lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #96 posted 07/26/06 3:11pm

SynthiaRose

CalhounSq said:

Aww damn... sad

All I know is I don't want P to go to his grave w/ a pimp hat & no one who truly loves him.



OH MY GAWD!

yeah, me too.
sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #97 posted 07/26/06 3:14pm

SammiJ

SynthiaRose said:

CalhounSq said:

Aww damn... sad

All I know is I don't want P to go to his grave w/ a pimp hat & no one who truly loves him.



OH MY GAWD!

yeah, me too.
sad

from what i can see it's the people who truly love him that he chooses to push away

and that's in the least fam-ish cryptic sense possible on my part.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #98 posted 07/26/06 3:18pm

Shavanti

Graycap23
Carmen Electra....

Carmen is getting ANOTHER divorce.

If I gave U EVERYTHING 2day.....would U die tomorrow?


*****

NOW, it's

PRINCE is getting ANOTHER Divorce!

*****

Reminds me of a a guy I once knew. His parents were never around when he was growing up and he had a horrible childhood, so when he got older he wanted to have a "family" so he got married. Then he didn't know what to do with it, so he got divorced. Then he got lonely and got re-married...then divorced! One of his ex-wives told me that he would just move on to the next one...'cause it was so easy to do! He is on wife # 5 right now! (I kid you not!) If they are still together! See, he has abandoment issues. He wanted it SO bad, but when he got it he didn't know how to be a husband so he would push her away & do everything to destroy it! He was a very self-destructive person.

I'm sure it took Manuela allot of thinking to do this and I'm sure she has good reasons. Marriage is such a wonderful union between two people who LOVE eachother. Prince asked her for her hand in marriage, he must have loved her, but I think his view on love is pretty askew! She seems to be a pretty down to earth kind of girl and I'm sure she didn't want to be the "Hollywood wife" who was seen every now and then with her man with a smile on her face like all is well with the world. I think when you get married you should expect your spouse to be just that YOUR SPOUSE. I would have had a really hard time seeing my man out running around town with young girls the way Prince is! He should just be single...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #99 posted 07/26/06 3:19pm

g3121

avatar

omg thats really bad sad
only flipside bring now he can come and meet...me! razz
on a serious note thoguh thats really awful as she convereted his religion (didnt she?) and gave him what he felt as direction..perhaps now though he is off in another direction? perhaps an even better one?
xx
**NPGMC refugee**
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #100 posted 07/26/06 3:21pm

Kissmequick

avatar

Finally the truth comes to the surface. I do wish them well to get through all the B.S. that will no doubt follow in the days and weeks to come. I hope that it all ends quickly and quitely. Let's see how Mani goes out. Will she go nasty and try and take him for his acres? lol Or will she take the house in Canada and a nice tidy settlement? That was Mayte's deal so I presume that it will all be status quo.
pray God bless everyone. NO exceptions. pray
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #101 posted 07/26/06 3:21pm

blusapphire

Well, uh. neutral
IDK, but that's unfortunate.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #102 posted 07/26/06 3:25pm

wonder505

I wish them both well. Believe me, no matter who is to blame, divorce is always a very sad process to go through.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #103 posted 07/26/06 3:26pm

txladykat

avatar

g3121 said:

omg thats really bad sad
only flipside bring now he can come and meet...me! razz
on a serious note thoguh thats really awful as she convereted his religion (didnt she?) and gave him what he felt as direction..perhaps now though he is off in another direction? perhaps an even better one?
xx


i got the feeling it was the other way around...she became JW to snag him. I think Larry had more of a hand in him becoming a JW than anyone did...she just happened to walk in at that time and supported him being a JW.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #104 posted 07/26/06 3:26pm

g3121

avatar

MANI SEEMS A SWEET GIRL, i dontthink shes do him over at all..
**NPGMC refugee**
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #105 posted 07/26/06 3:26pm

Kissmequick

avatar

Shavanti said:



Reminds me of a a guy I once knew. His parents were never around when he was growing up and he had a horrible childhood, so when he got older he wanted to have a "family" so he got married. Then he didn't know what to do with it, so he got divorced. Then he got lonely and got re-married...then divorced! One of his ex-wives told me that he would just move on to the next one...'cause it was so easy to do! He is on wife # 5 right now! (I kid you not!) If they are still together! See, he has abandoment issues. He wanted it SO bad, but when he got it he didn't know how to be a husband so he would push her away & do everything to destroy it! He was a very self-destructive person.


hmmm Damn that does fit the mold. Very unfortunate.



Shavanti said:



I'm sure it took Manuela allot of thinking to do this and I'm sure she has good reasons. ...


hmmm did she or was she directed to do so? You never know....
pray God bless everyone. NO exceptions. pray
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #106 posted 07/26/06 3:28pm

Purplerain7772
001

avatar

lol Maybe that is where Illusion coma pimp and circumstance came from accept Prince is the rich old person with the chips and whips and Mani is the young broke person look for free ride and a good time.

Just put yo name on dis pre-nup and we can all hit the disco.

Maybe that is y he made Fury as well.

There ain't no Fury like a womans' scorn.
Will this song have a happy ending?
I dont know She filed 4 divorce Only she knows.

HE got a message sayin she tried to reach u on the phone
HE did not wanna answer cuz he so afraid he probably tell em just 2 leave u alone. lol

It all adds up. They r over sorry Prince. sad
hav u had ur + sign 2 day.
eye wish u heaven
worship GOD
prince
Purplerain7772001
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #107 posted 07/26/06 3:29pm

Snake

Women...Every man is a stepping stone to greater financial independence on every level of life.

Men.....no matter how you approach it, sex is never free, on every level of life.

Pay an escort now or pay later to a lover that will play the role until she can't pretend nomore.

It Makes me question the purpose of values.Why represent any point of view that is not your own (JW, Christianity, Jewdiesm, Cathology, and Budaism the list goes on) if you do what you want anyway?

I've learned to keep my beliefs private any keep my struggle personal.

Next time he should try changing himself 1st, before trying to change the world!
Prince why can't you keep your snake in your own Garden? neutral

Now we have another Rich woman that didn't work for it!

We never learn...
confused
[Edited 7/26/06 16:00pm]
We all want a big hit again because
we want to relive the Hysteria & Pandemonium we experienced
when Purple Rain was Hot. Actually, he doesn't care if it happens again or not.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #108 posted 07/26/06 3:31pm

Kissmequick

avatar

Snake said:


Now we have another Rich woman that didn't work for it!

We never learn...
confused



Ouch! lol
pray God bless everyone. NO exceptions. pray
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #109 posted 07/26/06 3:35pm

NWF

avatar

It's a suprise but then again, it's not really a surprise.
NEW WAVE FOREVER: SLAVE TO THE WAVE FROM THE CRADLE TO THE GRAVE.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #110 posted 07/26/06 3:35pm

sosgemini

avatar

NIKKACOSTA SAID


"Funkier Than A Mosquito's Tweeter"

You're nothing but a dirty dirty old man
You do your thinkin with a one track mind
Keep talking 'bout heaven's glory
But on your face is a different story

Clean up your act, your story's gettin dusty
Wash out your mouth, your lies are getting rusty
Can't believe nothin you say
'Cause I'm around and I see what you do
You know you're funkier than a mosquito's tweeter
You got a mouth like a herd of bowl weevers
Same old thing same old game
You never change
Always rappin 'bout the same old thing

Blowing minds is a thing of the past
You blew your chance, that's why you'll never last
You wanna be a graduated lover
But in reality you're just another brother
You think you're slick but you could stand a lot of greasin'
The things you do ain't never really pleasin'
Space for sale...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #111 posted 07/26/06 3:36pm

preciosa863

I am in shock right now. What is/was Prince thinking? You know after his marriage was annulled to Mayte, I primarily blamed the death of the baby and his parents death for the dissolution of the marriage. Prince, I now believe with all my heart, is a very very troubled and disturbed man. I only know what you guys know about Mani, but I actually thought she was probably the best behaved/supportive celebrity wife. I have never seen or heard her do anything out of line after marrying Prince. She seemed like a very good wife. I applaud Manuela for having the guts to pursue this divorce. I'm sure she thought long and hard,,,After all, some of you still cast names on her on how you believe she got Prince. Aside from being married to Prince, she was was hated on from day one from the Prince community. Frowned on, dissed on, ridiculed, but she was still standing by his side.. Good luck to the both of them..Mani, keep up your good work for children and the community. Good luck to you too Prince..Get some psychological help and never get married again....this is coming from a die-hard Prince fan since 1979. I love your music, but I don't like you very much as a person anymore. I realize that I shouldn't take this personally, but your music and lyrics have hit and grabbed me personally. So for you to falter and push away the people who love you the most, it really stings...
[Edited 7/26/06 15:37pm]
u & me, we got mad chemisty
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #112 posted 07/26/06 3:37pm

barbhoy31

And for the people who think JW can't get a divorce unless adultery, it's not so. They can divorce if they are being abused or abuse of children, drug use, etc etc etc. Same reason any of us would want to divorce.

they can get the divorce for those reasons, but they can't remarry. and he can't have sexual relations with anyone but his wife, sooooo.....

B


Tell me you all did not fall for that JW stuff did you? lol .. it was all a part of his "change", thats all![/quote]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #113 posted 07/26/06 3:42pm

JonnyApplesauc
e

Is marriage obsolete?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #114 posted 07/26/06 3:47pm

Anx

barbhoy31 said:


Tell me you all did not fall for that JW stuff did you? lol .. it was all a part of his "change", thats all!



you think he's going through menopause?

or is it MANopause?

all i know is, mani paused!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #115 posted 07/26/06 3:48pm

Kissmequick

avatar

Anx said:

barbhoy31 said:


Tell me you all did not fall for that JW stuff did you? lol .. it was all a part of his "change", thats all!



you think he's going through menopause?

or is it MANopause?

all i know is, mani paused!



falloff
pray God bless everyone. NO exceptions. pray
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #116 posted 07/26/06 3:57pm

NouveauDance

avatar

Tom said:

Wow, Mani has really come full circle, from being a fan, to working at Paisley Park, to marrying Prince, to divorcing Prince, yikes...


dancing jig


I hope she dishes all the dirt!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #117 posted 07/26/06 3:58pm

katt

sad CJ is a nasty writer she should go write 4 the sun newspaper. She’s nothing but a vindictive woman; I wonder what crawled up her backside to make her this way.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #118 posted 07/26/06 4:06pm

wonder505

preciosa863 said:

I am in shock right now. What is/was Prince thinking? You know after his marriage was annulled to Mayte, I primarily blamed the death of the baby and his parents death for the dissolution of the marriage. Prince, I now believe with all my heart, is a very very troubled and disturbed man. I only know what you guys know about Mani, but I actually thought she was probably the best behaved/supportive celebrity wife. I have never seen or heard her do anything out of line after marrying Prince. She seemed like a very good wife. I applaud Manuela for having the guts to pursue this divorce. I'm sure she thought long and hard,,,After all, some of you still cast names on her on how you believe she got Prince. Aside from being married to Prince, she was was hated on from day one from the Prince community. Frowned on, dissed on, ridiculed, but she was still standing by his side.. Good luck to the both of them..Mani, keep up your good work for children and the community. Good luck to you too Prince..Get some psychological help and never get married again....this is coming from a die-hard Prince fan since 1979. I love your music, but I don't like you very much as a person anymore. I realize that I shouldn't take this personally, but your music and lyrics have hit and grabbed me personally. So for you to falter and push away the people who love you the most, it really stings...
[Edited 7/26/06 15:37pm]


We can all speculate, but keep in mind that none of us knows what goes on behind the scenes. I have no idea who Mani is as a person. I know she does charitable work but I don't know her personally, and I can only guess about Prince from the outside. So it's just one of those things that I hope they can both grow and move on from this, but there's just so much we can testify to as hardcore facts.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #119 posted 07/26/06 4:06pm

SexyBeautifulO
ne

preciosa863 said:

I am in shock right now. What is/was Prince thinking? You know after his marriage was annulled to Mayte, I primarily blamed the death of the baby and his parents death for the dissolution of the marriage. Prince, I now believe with all my heart, is a very very troubled and disturbed man. I only know what you guys know about Mani, but I actually thought she was probably the best behaved/supportive celebrity wife. I have never seen or heard her do anything out of line after marrying Prince. She seemed like a very good wife. I applaud Manuela for having the guts to pursue this divorce. I'm sure she thought long and hard,,,After all, some of you still cast names on her on how you believe she got Prince. Aside from being married to Prince, she was was hated on from day one from the Prince community. Frowned on, dissed on, ridiculed, but she was still standing by his side.. Good luck to the both of them..Mani, keep up your good work for children and the community. Good luck to you too Prince..Get some psychological help and never get married again....this is coming from a die-hard Prince fan since 1979. I love your music, but I don't like you very much as a person anymore. I realize that I shouldn't take this personally, but your music and lyrics have hit and grabbed me personally. So for you to falter and push away the people who love you the most, it really stings...
[Edited 7/26/06 15:37pm]



1. No one other than Prince and Mani know why they're divorcing, if in fact they are. This did come from CJ after all.

2. Sometimes relationships just end. People grow apart, have different interests, or just simply fall out of love. It doesn't always mean that someone is at fault.

3. Prince is neither troubled nor disturbed, he's a man and shit happens!

Personally, I didn't think it would last as long as it did but I hoped for the best and wished them well. It didn't last, sad as that may be. I'm sure Mani will be just fine and Prince will be better than ever.

There's no need to fret and there's no need to wince, because damn it, it's time for the next evolution of Prince!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 4 of 10 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Manuela files for divorce - POST HERE ONLY