independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 2nd Apr 2020 9:32am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Why come?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/30/06 5:09am

AvramsDad

Why come?

There are'nt any Parade or Batman songs on the "Hits"?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 03/30/06 7:48am

8up

avatar

Kiss is on there, right?

Some theories about Batman is there are samples from the movie on the released songs or something.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 03/30/06 12:41pm

AvramsDad

8up said:

Kiss is on there, right?

Some theories about Batman is there are samples from the movie on the released songs or something.

Yeah but it was still under the domain of WB, correct? Batdance was huge, the soundtrack was No. 1, and the film was released by Warners. WTF? Also, there are no Parade b-sides on the third disc. I wanna know why.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 03/30/06 12:44pm

SlamGlam

avatar

AvramsDad said:

There are'nt any Parade or Batman songs on the "Hits"?


As far as i know all the BATMAN stuff is off limits. something to do with it DC Comics and clearance from the actors who's voices were sampled.

but it is interesting that a Jack Nicholson Joker laugh is heard on "thieves in the House"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 03/30/06 1:15pm

AvramsDad

SlamGlam said:

AvramsDad said:

There are'nt any Parade or Batman songs on the "Hits"?


As far as i know all the BATMAN stuff is off limits. something to do with it DC Comics and clearance from the actors who's voices were sampled.

but it is interesting that a Jack Nicholson Joker laugh is heard on "thieves in the House"

DC comics huh? Interesting how things work.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 03/30/06 2:03pm

dumbass

avatar

SlamGlam said:

AvramsDad said:

There are'nt any Parade or Batman songs on the "Hits"?


As far as i know all the BATMAN stuff is off limits. something to do with it DC Comics and clearance from the actors who's voices were sampled.

but it is interesting that a Jack Nicholson Joker laugh is heard on "thieves in the House"

and DC comics is owned by who?...Warner Bros. there is a reason why DC comic characters are all WB movies.

the real reason is simple, so simple in fact that it is always overlooked. it has to do with the fact that the Batman soundtrack is not a Prince album, it is the Batman soundtrack, with all songs produced, arranged and composed by Prince. while this may seem silly, because for all intensive purposes it is a Prince album, in reality and title, it is not. just look at the album sleeve, Prince is not part of the title. though the singles for the album are in fact credited to Prince.
this message brought to you by logic.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Why come?