independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 22nd Jan 2020 8:30am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Apollonia 6 - Canadian CD?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/24/05 7:49pm

JoeZeo

Apollonia 6 - Canadian CD?

Does anyone know if Canada ever issued a CD version of Apollonia 6's debut album? Or was it only released in Japan?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/25/05 1:35am

PANDURITO

avatar

As far as I know it was never officially released on CD anywhere. confused
I have one of those Canadian pressings though. Sounds fine.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/25/05 1:40am

MetroArea

avatar

PANDURITO said:

As far as I know it was never officially released on CD anywhere. confused
I have one of those Canadian pressings though. Sounds fine.


Japan at least. It has been officially released on CD.

You just have to watch out for those pirate copies on eBay.
Don't worry, I can't get pregnant - my ovaries are diseased......
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/25/05 2:01am

PANDURITO

avatar

MetroArea said:

Japan at least. It has been officially released on CD.

Well. It is not listed anywhere I've searched, not even amg (allmusic.com).shake
Do you know the catalog number of that CD release? confused
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/25/05 2:47am

gsh

I'd be quite happy with one of the Canadian "re-issues", but would only pay regular bootleg price, not "bleedin' rare cd" price.
All orgnotes and emails requesting trades or how to acquire bootleggage will be ignored. - The ThreadKiller -
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/25/05 3:01am

Nate

avatar

Japan - Official

Canada - Bootleg
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/25/05 4:10am

PANDURITO

avatar

Nate said:

Japan - Official

Canada - Bootleg


If it's not official, then it's a couterfeit.
A bootleg is one that has been created completely from material that has not been commercially available.
geek
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/25/05 4:41am

MetroArea

avatar

PANDURITO said:

Nate said:

Japan - Official

Canada - Bootleg


If it's not official, then it's a couterfeit.
A bootleg is one that has been created completely from material that has not been commercially available.
geek


Right. nod

Bootlegs are unauthorized material unreleased by the owner.

Counterfeits, or 'pirate' copies, are copies of authorized releases.

smile


PANDURITO said:

MetroArea said:



Japan at least. It has been officially released on CD.



Well. It is not listed anywhere I've searched, not even amg (allmusic.com).
Do you know the catalog number of that CD release?


Looks like the catalogue number is: WPCP-3701

From the scans here: http://www.housequake.com...highlight=
Don't worry, I can't get pregnant - my ovaries are diseased......
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/25/05 9:48am

PANDURITO

avatar

Oh, Metro. You're so wise! batting eyes
I guess Prince's site only listed American releases for this one said LP only.

Well. Thank you. nod
Do you have the other scans not showing on your link?(my Canadian version has no lyrics booklet)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/25/05 11:10am

dazedawhile

would a jill jones cd be official, of course if not cdr?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/25/05 12:23pm

PANDURITO

avatar

dazedawhile said:

would a jill jones cd be official, of course if not cdr?

nod 1987 CD Paisley Park 2-25575
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/25/05 1:02pm

MetroArea

avatar

PANDURITO said:

Oh, Metro. You're so wise! batting eyes
I guess Prince's site only listed American releases for this one said LP only.

Well. Thank you. nod
Do you have the other scans not showing on your link?(my Canadian version has no lyrics booklet)


I don't no - not that wise after all biggrin

////
Don't worry, I can't get pregnant - my ovaries are diseased......
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/26/05 5:41pm

Nate

avatar

PANDURITO said:

Nate said:

Japan - Official

Canada - Bootleg


If it's not official, then it's a couterfeit.
A bootleg is one that has been created completely from material that has not been commercially available.
geek


Who says? the bootleg god?

A bootleg is an unoffical release. Bootleg whiskey was simply illegal. It didn't have to be a unreleased flavour!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/26/05 6:07pm

PANDURITO

avatar

Nate said:

Who says? the bootleg god?

Just Google Bootleg Counterfeit and thou shalt find the answer pray
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/26/05 6:13pm

PANDURITO

avatar

For example here

You're welcome! nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Apollonia 6 - Canadian CD?