independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 21st Jul 2019 4:32pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Kim berry's book: diamonds and curlz discussion
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #150 posted 04/27/19 11:23am

onlyforaminute

coldcoffeeandcocacola said:

I actually enjoyed this book - I seem to be in the minority.

I don’t know I believe she was present when baby was born but I do believe she was there when poor mayte was on bed rest. I could be wrong and she was there when little one came, I don’t know, I certainly wasn't there.


I wish some of the teasers at the end had been expanded on. There is plenty of prince being a dick in there. That’s important as he wasn’t a god he was a human and I think most of us are the not so good way than the other most of the time!

The contrast between how she speaks of m1 and m2 is fascinatingly blunt. M2 I’m surprised at I have to say. That incident was cold. Wouldn’t you be grateful to even be provided with that kind of service in that situation? You’d have to read the book to know what I mean don’t think I’m allowed to write anything copyright infringing.
[Edited 4/26/19 17:23pm]



Yeah. I believe she was present too at the birth. It's not so farfetched especially given the lifestyle. There wouldn't have ever been a reason for Prince to expose her presence to the world if all she did was his hair once in a while. As far as Mani goes maybe she was trying to practice the Monique method of staff hiring, If she ain't 60 , with one eye and a limp she gotta go. Idk, you know that relationship is going to be in the next books IF they come out
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #151 posted 04/27/19 12:58pm

pinkcashmere23

ChocolateBox3121 said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

Kim was shown briefly at the beginning of the Oprah interview so we know she was there for that but I'm skeptical as well about her claims of being present at the birth of their baby and some other incidents she discussed. The teasers at the end were what I was hoping the book would cover since she had touched on some of the stories in her interviews and said there would be plenty more like it. I recall that in her interview with Andrea Swennson for The Current she asked her about the story behind Prince's light up shoes and Kim said that she would have to wait for the book for that one and that story wasn't included either. I was kind of disappointed about that. smile

Part 2, part 3...

This was before she said it would be three volumes. She didn't announce that until right before the book's release. I was looking at the People of Paisley Park site last night and came across a story where it was mentioned that his light up shoes were inspired by a pair that Kim's daughter wore so I guess that was what she was referring to in the interview. smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #152 posted 04/27/19 1:34pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

pinkcashmere23 said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Part 2, part 3...

This was before she said it would be three volumes. She didn't announce that until right before the book's release. I was looking at the People of Paisley Park site last night and came across a story where it was mentioned that his light up shoes were inspired by a pair that Kim's daughter wore so I guess that was what she was referring to in the interview. smile

Yea! I remember her saying that. Kim has a LOT of stories like that about Prince(r.i.p.) she reveals so much in her interviews about him. I've already heard two radio interviews she did promoting her book. The other day another popular DJ was trying to get her on the her show.

So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal & got it, fought 4 a movie deal & got it, fought 4 freedom from his WB contract & got it, fought 4 his masters & got them.Gets a curable illness & says 2 himself ok, I'm done. "Life is a Box Of Chocolates"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #153 posted 04/27/19 3:01pm

PennyPurple

avatar

[Off topic snip - luv4u]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #154 posted 04/27/19 5:10pm

pinkcashmere23

ChocolateBox3121 said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

This was before she said it would be three volumes. She didn't announce that until right before the book's release. I was looking at the People of Paisley Park site last night and came across a story where it was mentioned that his light up shoes were inspired by a pair that Kim's daughter wore so I guess that was what she was referring to in the interview. smile

Yea! I remember her saying that. Kim has a LOT of stories like that about Prince(r.i.p.) she reveals so much in her interviews about him. I've already heard two radio interviews she did promoting her book. The other day another popular DJ was trying to get her on the her show.

Yeah,I hadn't heard her talk about that one before. I've heard some of her recent interviews and she didn't tell any stories on those,just mainly her background and how she came to work for Prince.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #155 posted 04/27/19 5:13pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

ChocolateBox3121 said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

This was before she said it would be three volumes. She didn't announce that until right before the book's release. I was looking at the People of Paisley Park site last night and came across a story where it was mentioned that his light up shoes were inspired by a pair that Kim's daughter wore so I guess that was what she was referring to in the interview. smile

Yea! I remember her saying that. Kim has a LOT of stories like that about Prince(r.i.p.) she reveals so much in her interviews about him. I've already heard two radio interviews she did promoting her book. The other day another popular DJ was trying to get her on the her show.

Yea! I remember her saying that. Kim has a LOT of stories like that about Prince(r.i.p.) she reveals so much in her interviews about him. I've already heard two radio interviews she did promoting her book. The other day another popular DJ was trying to get her on her show now.

So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal & got it, fought 4 a movie deal & got it, fought 4 freedom from his WB contract & got it, fought 4 his masters & got them.Gets a curable illness & says 2 himself ok, I'm done. "Life is a Box Of Chocolates"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #156 posted 04/27/19 5:33pm

pinkcashmere23

ChocolateBox3121 said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Yea! I remember her saying that. Kim has a LOT of stories like that about Prince(r.i.p.) she reveals so much in her interviews about him. I've already heard two radio interviews she did promoting her book. The other day another popular DJ was trying to get her on the her show.

Yea! I remember her saying that. Kim has a LOT of stories like that about Prince(r.i.p.) she reveals so much in her interviews about him. I've already heard two radio interviews she did promoting her book. The other day another popular DJ was trying to get her on her show now.

Oh ok. The two radio interviews I listened to were with Shelley Wade and Dominique Di Prima and she discussed the same things as she has in her interviews concerning meeting him and coming into the camp. She also talked about the difficulty of getting into the union for movies and tv work.She said that Katt wanted her to be his stylist for Two Minutes of Fame and that she was still working with him and at her salon on La Brea.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #157 posted 04/27/19 6:22pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

pinkcashmere23 said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Yea! I remember her saying that. Kim has a LOT of stories like that about Prince(r.i.p.) she reveals so much in her interviews about him. I've already heard two radio interviews she did promoting her book. The other day another popular DJ was trying to get her on her show now.

Oh ok. The two radio interviews I listened to were with Shelley Wade and Dominique Di Prima and she discussed the same things as she has in her interviews concerning meeting him and coming into the camp. She also talked about the difficulty of getting into the union for movies and tv work.She said that Katt wanted her to be his stylist for Two Minutes of Fame and that she was still working with him and at her salon on La Brea.

Yes! It is VERY difficult to get into the union. That's why I TREASURE my own union membership so much. I remember It was one of the PROUDEST moments of my life when I went to the orientation that day.

On the DJ that's trying to get Kim on. She's a BIG Prince fan! Plus an up & coming actress that was on a very popular tv show recently. So it would be wise for Kim to accept this interview to help her book sells.

[Edited 4/27/19 19:27pm]

So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal & got it, fought 4 a movie deal & got it, fought 4 freedom from his WB contract & got it, fought 4 his masters & got them.Gets a curable illness & says 2 himself ok, I'm done. "Life is a Box Of Chocolates"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #158 posted 04/27/19 7:07pm

ladygirl99

coldcoffeeandcocacola said:

I actually enjoyed this book - I seem to be in the minority. I don’t know I believe she was present when baby was born but I do believe she was there when poor mayte was on bed rest. I could be wrong and she was there when little one came, I don’t know, I certainly wasn't there. I wish some of the teasers at the end had been expanded on. There is plenty of prince being a dick in there. That’s important as he wasn’t a god he was a human and I think most of us are the not so good way than the other most of the time! The contrast between how she speaks of m1 and m2 is fascinatingly blunt. M2 I’m surprised at I have to say. That incident was cold. Wouldn’t you be grateful to even be provided with that kind of service in that situation? You’d have to read the book to know what I mean don’t think I’m allowed to write anything copyright infringing. [Edited 4/26/19 17:23pm]

I got the book and I am looking forward to read it. Kim seem like one of those realist chicks and I loved read books of people who show our idols human side not their God status.

I had issues with her by doing gross things of trying to sell Prince's comb and hair, but she still was there. Prince's biographers wrote stories about Prince and they were getting their information from others who were there.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #159 posted 04/27/19 7:24pm

muchtoofast

avatar

Looks like Mayte may need to put out a sequel to either deny or affirm these statements by Kim.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #160 posted 04/27/19 7:52pm

pinkcashmere23

ChocolateBox3121 said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

Oh ok. The two radio interviews I listened to were with Shelley Wade and Dominique Di Prima and she discussed the same things as she has in her interviews concerning meeting him and coming into the camp. She also talked about the difficulty of getting into the union for movies and tv work.She said that Katt wanted her to be his stylist for Two Minutes of Fame and that she was still working with him and at her salon on La Brea.

Yes! It is VERY difficult to get into the union. That's why I TREASURE my own union membership so much. I remember It was one of the PROUDEST moments of my life when I went to the orientation that day.

On the DJ that's trying to get Kim on. She's a BIG Prince fan! Plus an up & coming actress that was on a very popular tv show recently. So it would be wise for Kim to accept this interview to help her book sells.

[Edited 4/27/19 19:27pm]

I see! Congrats! Yes,she said that she was working non union jobs at the moment but that Katt insisted she be his stylist for the movie. I'm wondering who the DJ is that your hinting about. She didn't do too many interviews before the book release and none now that it's out so that would be good to help sales,I agree. I enjoyed the recent ones that she did.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #161 posted 04/27/19 8:11pm

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

muchtoofast said:

Looks like Mayte may need to put out a sequel to either deny or affirm these statements by Kim.

No. A simple post will be enough, there’s no need for another book (tho I‘m pretty sure some fanatics will buy it) but I wouldn’t spent money on somethibg that can be explained in a simple post on facebook or instagram
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #162 posted 04/27/19 9:48pm

Mumio

avatar

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:



There are a lot of photos of her at Celebration with fans.



lol lol stirthepot

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #163 posted 04/27/19 9:52pm

Mumio

avatar

Kares said:

I would ask her to sign my pirated pdf on screen and immediately delete it in front of her.


spit

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #164 posted 04/27/19 10:25pm

pinkcashmere23

Kim said during one of her FB streams from the Celebration that she's still planning to release the hair care line that she said she and Prince were working on and mentioned the glitter they would use for the concerts while showing a bit of 'Prince Live On The Big Screen' She said their own line would be included in with the hair care products. I was wondering what was going on with the hair care line since she hadn't mentioned it in a while.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #165 posted 04/27/19 10:35pm

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

pinkcashmere23 said:

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Yes! It is VERY difficult to get into the union. That's why I TREASURE my own union membership so much. I remember It was one of the PROUDEST moments of my life when I went to the orientation that day.

On the DJ that's trying to get Kim on. She's a BIG Prince fan! Plus an up & coming actress that was on a very popular tv show recently. So it would be wise for Kim to accept this interview to help her book sells.

[Edited 4/27/19 19:27pm]

I see! Congrats! Yes,she said that she was working non union jobs at the moment but that Katt insisted she be his stylist for the movie. I'm wondering who the DJ is that your hinting about. She didn't do too many interviews before the book release and none now that it's out so that would be good to help sales,I agree. I enjoyed the recent ones that she did.

Thanks!

I don't want to mention the Dj's name, because Kim has some real hardcore haters on here. I feel they may try to sabotage it for her.

So Prince, whom fought 4 his first record deal & got it, fought 4 a movie deal & got it, fought 4 freedom from his WB contract & got it, fought 4 his masters & got them.Gets a curable illness & says 2 himself ok, I'm done. "Life is a Box Of Chocolates"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #166 posted 04/28/19 12:28am

pinkcashmere23

ChocolateBox3121 said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

I see! Congrats! Yes,she said that she was working non union jobs at the moment but that Katt insisted she be his stylist for the movie. I'm wondering who the DJ is that your hinting about. She didn't do too many interviews before the book release and none now that it's out so that would be good to help sales,I agree. I enjoyed the recent ones that she did.

Thanks!

I don't want to mention the Dj's name, because Kim has some real hardcore haters on here. I feel they may try to sabotage it for her.

You're welcome! Ah ok. Hopefully it will work out with the interview and she will share some more stories that weren't included in the book as she did during her FB streams.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #167 posted 04/28/19 1:55am

Kares

avatar

coldcoffeeandcocacola said:

I actually enjoyed this book - I seem to be in the minority. I don’t know I believe she was present when baby was born but I do believe she was there when poor mayte was on bed rest. I could be wrong and she was there when little one came, I don’t know, I certainly wasn't there. I wish some of the teasers at the end had been expanded on. There is plenty of prince being a dick in there. That’s important as he wasn’t a god he was a human and I think most of us are the not so good way than the other most of the time! The contrast between how she speaks of m1 and m2 is fascinatingly blunt. M2 I’m surprised at I have to say. That incident was cold. Wouldn’t you be grateful to even be provided with that kind of service in that situation? You’d have to read the book to know what I mean don’t think I’m allowed to write anything copyright infringing. [Edited 4/26/19 17:23pm]

.

Honestly, how can you believe someone who starts her book with a blatant lie already on the front cover? And while it's true Prince could be a dick sometimes, can you honestly believe that while he was in the hospital with his dying son, he was having a laugh with his hairdresser and said to her "quit making me laugh when I'm trying to be serious"?

[Edited 4/28/19 8:52am]

Friends don't let friends clap on 1 and 3.

The Paisley Park Vault spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/zzWHrU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #168 posted 04/28/19 6:53am

Mumio

avatar

ChocolateBox3121 said:

Thanks!

I don't want to mention the Dj's name, because Kim has some real hardcore haters on here. I feel they may try to sabotage it for her.


LIES!

Oh, you're a real piece of work disbelief People see the fuckery and lies and call it out, but you completely ignore it rather than defend the person you supposedly think so much of. NO ONE told her to lie about things, or sell his socks, or his hair, or use other's intellectual property in ways she was asked not to, she did it ALL by herself. Stop insinuating that Prince's fans are gonna sabotage her, she's doing a good enough job of it all by herself. Anyone who wants to align with her shady azz is welcome to it. The fair weather Prince fans nod

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #169 posted 04/28/19 9:54am

onlyforaminute

ThatWhiteDude said:

muchtoofast said:

Looks like Mayte may need to put out a sequel to either deny or affirm these statements by Kim.

No. A simple post will be enough, there’s no need for another book (tho I‘m pretty sure some fanatics will buy it) but I wouldn’t spent money on somethibg that can be explained in a simple post on facebook or instagram



Are you all talking about the obvious typing error?
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #170 posted 04/28/19 10:11am

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

ThatWhiteDude said:


No. A simple post will be enough, there’s no need for another book (tho I‘m pretty sure some fanatics will buy it) but I wouldn’t spent money on somethibg that can be explained in a simple post on facebook or instagram



Are you all talking about the obvious typing error?

What typing error? You mean he/she meant to say Kim?
"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #171 posted 04/28/19 11:13am

onlyforaminute

ThatWhiteDude said:

onlyforaminute said:




Are you all talking about the obvious typing error?

What typing error? You mean he/she meant to say Kim?


No the timeline of the miscarriage.
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #172 posted 04/28/19 12:16pm

CatB

onlyforaminute said:

ThatWhiteDude said:
What typing error? You mean he/she meant to say Kim?
No the timeline of the miscarriage.



That wasn't a typing error.


"Time is space spent with U"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #173 posted 04/28/19 7:39pm

onlyforaminute

CatB said:



onlyforaminute said:


ThatWhiteDude said:
What typing error? You mean he/she meant to say Kim?

No the timeline of the miscarriage.



That wasn't a typing error.





Somehow im reading it that way. Just bizarre they both sit on the same board last i saw.
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #174 posted 04/29/19 3:52pm

MoodyBlumes

Kares said:

coldcoffeeandcocacola said:

I actually enjoyed this book - I seem to be in the minority. I don’t know I believe she was present when baby was born but I do believe she was there when poor mayte was on bed rest. I could be wrong and she was there when little one came, I don’t know, I certainly wasn't there. I wish some of the teasers at the end had been expanded on. There is plenty of prince being a dick in there. That’s important as he wasn’t a god he was a human and I think most of us are the not so good way than the other most of the time! The contrast between how she speaks of m1 and m2 is fascinatingly blunt. M2 I’m surprised at I have to say. That incident was cold. Wouldn’t you be grateful to even be provided with that kind of service in that situation? You’d have to read the book to know what I mean don’t think I’m allowed to write anything copyright infringing. [Edited 4/26/19 17:23pm]

.

Honestly, how can you believe someone who starts her book with a blatant lie already on the front cover? And while it's true Prince could be a dick sometimes, can you honestly believe that while he was in the hospital with his dying son, he was having a laugh with his hairdresser and said to her "quit making me laugh when I'm trying to be serious"?

[Edited 4/28/19 8:52am]

Prince was such a dick that he gave Kim a job as his personal hairdresser when she was fresh out of school -- he had already done 3 films, won an academy award, grammies, released many albums such as 1999, Purple Rain, Diamonds and Pearls, Graffiti Bridge, Parade, yet he took a chance on her, eventually even helping her start her own business.

She claims Prince always dismissed his women, but even a casual Prince fan knows that isn't true. Vanity left him and chose not to take the lead in Purple Rain -- she left because she wanted more money (being an A list actress and all); never mind that Prince financed the film personally, pitched the film to Warners, and could have lost his money had it not been picked up.

Would Sheila E agree that she was dismissed, having worked with Prince years after they ended their romantic relationship; Devin Devasquez wrote a book claiming she chose to leave Prince; Carmen chose to leave and pursue her own career; Manuela Testolini filed for divorce, not Prince.

Tamron Hall speaks of her friend,

"The only other person I spoke with or speak with more than Prince is my mother," she explained. "This is the person I communicate with more than anyone."

She explained that he did so many great things for so many people—beyond just music—but he always did it in silence.

"There are just great things about him I wish I could tell people, but he wanted them to stay private. He didn't want people to know all of the ways he helped other people. He did it as this silent angel including how he helped me, in my life, on many occasions." - E News, April 22/16

[Edited 4/29/19 16:00pm]

[Edited 5/29/19 21:10pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #175 posted 04/29/19 4:02pm

rogifan

MoodyBlumes said:



Kares said:




coldcoffeeandcocacola said:


I actually enjoyed this book - I seem to be in the minority. I don’t know I believe she was present when baby was born but I do believe she was there when poor mayte was on bed rest. I could be wrong and she was there when little one came, I don’t know, I certainly wasn't there. I wish some of the teasers at the end had been expanded on. There is plenty of prince being a dick in there. That’s important as he wasn’t a god he was a human and I think most of us are the not so good way than the other most of the time! The contrast between how she speaks of m1 and m2 is fascinatingly blunt. M2 I’m surprised at I have to say. That incident was cold. Wouldn’t you be grateful to even be provided with that kind of service in that situation? You’d have to read the book to know what I mean don’t think I’m allowed to write anything copyright infringing. [Edited 4/26/19 17:23pm]

.


Honestly, how can you believe someone who starts her book with a blatant lie already on the front cover? And while it's true Prince could be a dick sometimes, can you honestly believe that while he was in the hospital with his dying son, he was having a laugh with his hairdresser and said to her "quit making me laugh when I'm trying to be serious"?


[Edited 4/28/19 8:52am]



Prince was such a dick that he gave Kim a job as his personal hairdresser when she was fresh out of school -- he had already done 3 films, won an academy award, grammies, released many albums such as 1999, Purple Rain, Diamonds and Pearls, Graffiti Bridge, Parade, yet he took a chance on her, eventually even helping her start her own business.


She claims Prince always dismissed his women, but even a casual Prince fan knows that isn't true. Vanity left him and chose not to take the lead in Purple Rain -- she left because she wanted more money (being an A list actress and all); never mind that Prince financed the film personally (80% out of his own pocket; 20% funded by Bob Cavallo his manager); Prince pitched a finished film to Warners, and could have lost all his money had they not bought it.


Would Sheila E agree that she was dismissed, having worked with Prince years after they ended their romantic relationship; Devin Devasquez wrote a book claiming she chose to leave Prince; Carmen chose to leave and pursue her own career; Manuela Testolini filed for divorce, not Prince.


Tamron Hall speaks of her friend,


"The only other person I spoke with or speak with more than Prince is my mother," she explained. "This is the person I communicate with more than anyone."


She explained that he did so many great things for so many people—beyond just music—but he always did it in silence.


"There are just great things about him I wish I could tell people, but he wanted them to stay private. He didn't want people to know all of the ways he helped other people. He did it as this silent angel including how he helped me, in my life, on many occasions." - E News, April 22/16

[Edited 4/29/19 16:00pm]


There’s video on YouTube of Carmen being interviewed shortly after Prince passed and she was in tears, and they weren’t phony tears either.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #176 posted 04/29/19 4:06pm

MoodyBlumes

rogifan said:

MoodyBlumes said:

Prince was such a dick that he gave Kim a job as his personal hairdresser when she was fresh out of school -- he had already done 3 films, won an academy award, grammies, released many albums such as 1999, Purple Rain, Diamonds and Pearls, Graffiti Bridge, Parade, yet he took a chance on her, eventually even helping her start her own business.

She claims Prince always dismissed his women, but even a casual Prince fan knows that isn't true. Vanity left him and chose not to take the lead in Purple Rain -- she left because she wanted more money (being an A list actress and all); never mind that Prince financed the film personally (80% out of his own pocket; 20% funded by Bob Cavallo his manager); Prince pitched a finished film to Warners, and could have lost all his money had they not bought it.

Would Sheila E agree that she was dismissed, having worked with Prince years after they ended their romantic relationship; Devin Devasquez wrote a book claiming she chose to leave Prince; Carmen chose to leave and pursue her own career; Manuela Testolini filed for divorce, not Prince.

Tamron Hall speaks of her friend,

"The only other person I spoke with or speak with more than Prince is my mother," she explained. "This is the person I communicate with more than anyone."

She explained that he did so many great things for so many people—beyond just music—but he always did it in silence.

"There are just great things about him I wish I could tell people, but he wanted them to stay private. He didn't want people to know all of the ways he helped other people. He did it as this silent angel including how he helped me, in my life, on many occasions." - E News, April 22/16

[Edited 4/29/19 16:00pm]

There’s video on YouTube of Carmen being interviewed shortly after Prince passed and she was in tears, and they weren’t phony tears either.

Yes, I remember. She still posts pics on her instagram from her time at Paisley, or just pics of Prince. She said he told her not to share about their relationship so people would respect her on her own merits.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #177 posted 04/29/19 5:37pm

muchtoofast

avatar

ThatWhiteDude said:

onlyforaminute said:
Are you all talking about the obvious typing error?
What typing error? You mean he/she meant to say Kim?

No, I meant Mayte, all we know is that she unfollowed Kim on IG like any big girl would. To heck with correcting any lies or typos. Or maybe its true, she had the miscarriage before the baby. That is not what she said in her book though.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #178 posted 04/29/19 5:50pm

ThatWhiteDude

avatar

muchtoofast said:

ThatWhiteDude said:

onlyforaminute said: What typing error? You mean he/she meant to say Kim?

No, I meant Mayte, all we know is that she unfollowed Kim on IG like any big girl would. To heck with correcting any lies or typos. Or maybe its true, she had the miscarriage before the baby. That is not what she said in her book though.

Just a question, and I need a logical reason for that, why would Mayte say that the miscarriage of the baby was after ahmir died if it wasn't true? Honestly, I really don't get why she would lie about that.

And a reason for not correcting Kim would be, that it's not worth it. Remember when Steve and the others called her out because of the photos? And she didn't really react, just kept going and the photos are a more serious thing.

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."


"Extra cheese, extra HAM, extra bullshit" -DiminutiveRocker
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #179 posted 04/29/19 6:18pm

muchtoofast

avatar

ThatWhiteDude said:



muchtoofast said:




ThatWhiteDude said:


onlyforaminute said: What typing error? You mean he/she meant to say Kim?

No, I meant Mayte, all we know is that she unfollowed Kim on IG like any big girl would. To heck with correcting any lies or typos. Or maybe its true, she had the miscarriage before the baby. That is not what she said in her book though.



Just a question, and I need a logical reason for that, why would Mayte say that the miscarriage of the baby was after ahmir died if it wasn't true? Honestly, I really don't get why she would lie about that.



And a reason for not correcting Kim would be, that it's not worth it. Remember when Steve and the others called her out because of the photos? And she didn't really react, just kept going and the photos are a more serious thing.


I don’t think Mayte lied, I think Kim had a sloppy editor, if she had one at all. Mayte can continue to pretend these things are above her, but as someone who forked over money for Mayte’s book, I’d like a confirmation, but maybe I’m just entitled.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 6 of 10 <12345678910>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Kim berry's book: diamonds and curlz discussion