independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 19th Jul 2019 9:14am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Mayte, Mayte, Mayte
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #60 posted 10/28/11 2:42pm

Deadflow3r

avatar

lavender1983 said:

InternationalLover82 said:

More pictures please! biggrin

Loved them all but I will start with these two. He loved her in hats. He really developed a great look for her that I am going to steal some ideas from for myself. You can tell he was crazy about her at one time.

There came a time when the risk of remaining tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #61 posted 10/28/11 2:44pm

Deadflow3r

avatar

InternationalLover82 said:

Deadflow3r said:

There are some great ones in the Gallery, pick YOUR favorite and tell us why you like it!

This one!! love I love her hat, but I also love how she did her bangs and how thin her eyebrows were

Mayte

I think you are right about the eyebrows. They must be thin to work with those bangs.

There came a time when the risk of remaining tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #62 posted 10/28/11 2:45pm

InternationalL
over82

avatar

Deadflow3r said:

InternationalLover82 said:

This one!! love I love her hat, but I also love how she did her bangs and how thin her eyebrows were

Mayte

I think you are right about the eyebrows. They must be thin to work with those bangs.

Now I always want my eyebrows to be Mayte-esque lol

Watch me talk about Prince - http://www.youtube.com/us...ature=mhee
Tumblr - http://dreamyicecream.tumblr.com/


New coat, huh? That's nice. Did you buy it? Yeah right.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #63 posted 10/28/11 3:17pm

Deadflow3r

avatar

InternationalLover82 said:

Deadflow3r said:

I think you are right about the eyebrows. They must be thin to work with those bangs.

Now I always want my eyebrows to be Mayte-esque lol

With your red hair, I think the hair length and bangs will also look great on you!

There came a time when the risk of remaining tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #64 posted 10/29/11 12:12am

TonyVanDam

Deadflow3r said:

I was not a Prince fan during the time Mayte went on tour with him. I became a fan only 3 years ago quite by chance. At that time Prince was taking everything with his likeness and therefore Mayte's likeness off of youtube as fast as it would go up.

Lately however I seem to have access to many videos of Prince singing with Mayte dancing right by his side and I just love her. She is so damn adorable! Everything about her is perfect. I wish good things for her in her future.

So this is a Mayte appreciation thread. I am O.K. with Misty and Andy but I don't think their chemistry with Prince even comes close to Mayte's.

In terms of dancing, only Cat was better than Mayte.

But all of that aside, we need a great Mayte appreciation thread. Excuse me, but she was THE best girlfriend and THE best wife Prince ever had, IMHO as a fan.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #65 posted 10/29/11 5:36am

Deadflow3r

avatar

lavender1983 said:

InternationalLover82 said:

More pictures please! biggrin

biggrin

These three are post-Prince. She has had her breast enlarged but amazingly she has not gone on to bigger and bigger things under her skin the way most in the entertainment world do. I LOVE the last picture. She is working that cute/sexy look here instead of fighting against it. There are many men who are turned on by this look and she should work it because no one else has it quite like her. Mayte has a sweetness about her that is not phony and therefore not smarmy in any way.

There came a time when the risk of remaining tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #66 posted 10/29/11 5:40am

Deadflow3r

avatar

TonyVanDam said:

Deadflow3r said:

I was not a Prince fan during the time Mayte went on tour with him. I became a fan only 3 years ago quite by chance. At that time Prince was taking everything with his likeness and therefore Mayte's likeness off of youtube as fast as it would go up.

Lately however I seem to have access to many videos of Prince singing with Mayte dancing right by his side and I just love her. She is so damn adorable! Everything about her is perfect. I wish good things for her in her future.

So this is a Mayte appreciation thread. I am O.K. with Misty and Andy but I don't think their chemistry with Prince even comes close to Mayte's.

In terms of dancing, only Cat was better than Mayte.

But all of that aside, we need a great Mayte appreciation thread. Excuse me, but she was THE best girlfriend and THE best wife Prince ever had, IMHO as a fan.

You know that saying "you don't really appretiate what you have until it is gone". Well I don't think the fans really appretiated her as much as they do now that she has been gone for a long time and no one else comes even close.

I like Mayte's fluid moves over Cat's dancing but to each there own.

There came a time when the risk of remaining tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #67 posted 10/29/11 7:03am

TonyVanDam

Deadflow3r said:

TonyVanDam said:

In terms of dancing, only Cat was better than Mayte.

But all of that aside, we need a great Mayte appreciation thread. Excuse me, but she was THE best girlfriend and THE best wife Prince ever had, IMHO as a fan.

You know that saying "you don't really appretiate what you have until it is gone". Well I don't think the fans really appretiated her as much as they do now that she has been gone for a long time and no one else comes even close.

I like Mayte's fluid moves over Cat's dancing but to each there own.

I liked Mayte since the days she was a full-time member of the NPG. wink

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #68 posted 10/29/11 5:50pm

Deadflow3r

avatar

Mayte - from the commemorative 'The Dawn' program

Mayte - '7' promo video (1993)

© 1992 Warner Bros Records

Here are two more that I got off of the Gallery. I like them, I wished the first was bigger so you could see what it says. It says " Most understanding of all is Mayte his true soul mate who will simply say with a smile eye never called U Prince anyway. Coincidence or Fate?" I don't know when the writing was added to the picture and if that is a fan thing added on or if Prince had it released that way. I noticed that her eyebrows are much thicker here. So he definitely changed up her look as well as his own. I don't think these pics intrigue me as much as the ones with the bangs do.

[Edited 10/29/11 17:51pm]

[Edited 10/29/11 17:59pm]

There came a time when the risk of remaining tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #69 posted 10/30/11 2:41am

RuthCass

avatar

Deadflow3r said:

Mayte - from the commemorative 'The Dawn' program

Mayte - '7' promo video (1993)

© 1992 Warner Bros Records

Here are two more that I got off of the Gallery. I like them, I wished the first was bigger so you could see what it says. It says " Most understanding of all is Mayte his true soul mate who will simply say with a smile eye never called U Prince anyway. Coincidence or Fate?" I don't know when the writing was added to the picture and if that is a fan thing added on or if Prince had it released that way. I noticed that her eyebrows are much thicker here. So he definitely changed up her look as well as his own. I don't think these pics intrigue me as much as the ones with the bangs do.

[Edited 10/29/11 17:51pm]

[Edited 10/29/11 17:59pm]

That must've been written by a fan :/ I read in one of her old interviews that she always called him Prince, even sometimes when he changed his name

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #70 posted 10/30/11 7:50am

Deadflow3r

avatar

Mayte

© Randee St.Nicolas

Mayte

© Randee St.Nicolas

I am thinking about having my picture taken professionally. I have not had this done since High School which is over 30 years ago. The only photos I have of me are candids and usually taken by someone when I am either eating or talking. I think these two photos are sexy without being slutty and would like to use this idea for myself, what do you think? I think if I got some pretty black netting that should not be too expensive. Maybe?

[Edited 10/30/11 7:52am]

There came a time when the risk of remaining tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #71 posted 10/30/11 9:49am

InternationalL
over82

avatar

Deadflow3r said:

InternationalLover82 said:

Now I always want my eyebrows to be Mayte-esque lol

With your red hair, I think the hair length and bangs will also look great on you!

hug

Watch me talk about Prince - http://www.youtube.com/us...ature=mhee
Tumblr - http://dreamyicecream.tumblr.com/


New coat, huh? That's nice. Did you buy it? Yeah right.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #72 posted 10/30/11 9:53am

aardvark15

She looks awesome in the Empty Room and The Holy River videos

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #73 posted 10/31/11 1:26am

NewPowerSista

avatar

RuthCass said:

Deadflow3r said:

Mayte - from the commemorative 'The Dawn' program

Mayte - '7' promo video (1993)

© 1992 Warner Bros Records

Here are two more that I got off of the Gallery. I like them, I wished the first was bigger so you could see what it says. It says " Most understanding of all is Mayte his true soul mate who will simply say with a smile eye never called U Prince anyway. Coincidence or Fate?" I don't know when the writing was added to the picture and if that is a fan thing added on or if Prince had it released that way. I noticed that her eyebrows are much thicker here. So he definitely changed up her look as well as his own. I don't think these pics intrigue me as much as the ones with the bangs do.

[Edited 10/29/11 17:51pm]

[Edited 10/29/11 17:59pm]

That must've been written by a fan :/ I read in one of her old interviews that she always called him Prince, even sometimes when he changed his name

No, that wasn't written by a fan. That is actually (the picture and words) on page 6 of Prince and Mayte's wedding program in 1996, which was called "Coincidence or Fate?"

[Edited 10/31/11 1:27am]

Never trust anything spoken in the presence of an erection.
H Michael Frase
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #74 posted 10/31/11 7:02am

Ottensen

Deadflow3r said:

lavender1983 said:

biggrin

These three are post-Prince. She has had her breast enlarged but amazingly she has not gone on to bigger and bigger things under her skin the way most in the entertainment world do. I LOVE the last picture. She is working that cute/sexy look here instead of fighting against it. There are many men who are turned on by this look and she should work it because no one else has it quite like her. Mayte has a sweetness about her that is not phony and therefore not smarmy in any way.

How do we know she's had her breast enlarged? For photo shoots we have something for that- the wonder which has been lovingly known for the past 20 years as 'Chicken Cutlets' -in a variety of shapes and sizes to create bosoms where sometimes where there are none. I just used them 3 weeks ago on a singer with itty bitty A-cups to present the illusion she was packing some B's. Beyond what we can do digitally now with photoshop, part of a stylist's job is knowing how to make breasts look bigger in a photograph, and how to make brassieres and bikini tops look like they are fitting a bountiful bosom. Not saying Mayte didn't have augmentation surgery, but it's not necessarily a sure thing given the tricks of the trade in photography...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #75 posted 10/31/11 9:24am

paintedlady

avatar

Ottensen said:

Deadflow3r said:

These three are post-Prince. She has had her breast enlarged but amazingly she has not gone on to bigger and bigger things under her skin the way most in the entertainment world do. I LOVE the last picture. She is working that cute/sexy look here instead of fighting against it. There are many men who are turned on by this look and she should work it because no one else has it quite like her. Mayte has a sweetness about her that is not phony and therefore not smarmy in any way.

How do we know she's had her breast enlarged? For photo shoots we have something for that- the wonder which has been lovingly known for the past 20 years as 'Chicken Cutlets' -in a variety of shapes and sizes to create bosoms where sometimes where there are none. I just used them 3 weeks ago on a singer with itty bitty A-cups to present the illusion she was packing some B's. Beyond what we can do digitally now with photoshop, part of a stylist's job is knowing how to make breasts look bigger in a photograph, and how to make brassieres and bikini tops look like they are fitting a bountiful bosom. Not saying Mayte didn't have augmentation surgery, but it's not necessarily a sure thing given the tricks of the trade in photography...

The episode in NIP/TUCK she co-starred in shows a very different bust line.

She didn't go over board but she was a trained ballet dancer since a child, so I think her growth was stunted in that respect.

As we age our breasts do get heavier and her pregannacy might of had an affect? hmmm

No matter... her boobs are besides the point. I am just relieved she didn't go to Carmen Electra's extreme. whew

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #76 posted 10/31/11 3:24pm

babyjubilation

paintedlady said:

Ottensen said:

How do we know she's had her breast enlarged? For photo shoots we have something for that- the wonder which has been lovingly known for the past 20 years as 'Chicken Cutlets' -in a variety of shapes and sizes to create bosoms where sometimes where there are none. I just used them 3 weeks ago on a singer with itty bitty A-cups to present the illusion she was packing some B's. Beyond what we can do digitally now with photoshop, part of a stylist's job is knowing how to make breasts look bigger in a photograph, and how to make brassieres and bikini tops look like they are fitting a bountiful bosom. Not saying Mayte didn't have augmentation surgery, but it's not necessarily a sure thing given the tricks of the trade in photography...

The episode in NIP/TUCK she co-starred in shows a very different bust line.

She didn't go over board but she was a trained ballet dancer since a child, so I think her growth was stunted in that respect.

As we age our breasts do get heavier and her pregannacy might of had an affect? hmmm

No matter... her boobs are besides the point. I am just relieved she didn't go to Carmen Electra's extreme. whew

yeah i think it was the pregnancy. who would get breast implants that aren't even a full cup size?From her pics, her breasts look as little as mine like barely a full B.

i take that back maybe im wrong heck i don't even know what size i am confused

[Edited 10/31/11 15:28pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #77 posted 10/31/11 5:15pm

RuthCass

avatar

NewPowerSista said:

RuthCass said:

That must've been written by a fan :/ I read in one of her old interviews that she always called him Prince, even sometimes when he changed his name

No, that wasn't written by a fan. That is actually (the picture and words) on page 6 of Prince and Mayte's wedding program in 1996, which was called "Coincidence or Fate?"

[Edited 10/31/11 1:27am]

Aww that's cute smile How do you see the wedding program?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #78 posted 11/01/11 12:46am

NewPowerSista

avatar

RuthCass said:

NewPowerSista said:

No, that wasn't written by a fan. That is actually (the picture and words) on page 6 of Prince and Mayte's wedding program in 1996, which was called "Coincidence or Fate?"

[Edited 10/31/11 1:27am]

Aww that's cute smile How do you see the wedding program?

I thoguht I had a copy of it from somewhere, but I can't find it right now. I only found the words from it in my stuff.

Never trust anything spoken in the presence of an erection.
H Michael Frase
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #79 posted 11/01/11 1:52pm

meltedman

I know it posted this already, but check out a song she did and let her know what you think...if it gets a good reaction we will put up more!

http://youtu.be/QovS9n87-rM

Check it out.....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #80 posted 11/01/11 3:52pm

babyjubilation

meltedman said:

I know it posted this already, but check out a song she did and let her know what you think...if it gets a good reaction we will put up more!

http://youtu.be/QovS9n87-rM

Check it out.....

How do we let her know? confuse

Well, it's better than a dozen of so called singers on the radio these days. nod Her voice reminds me of someone else but I can't think of her name. hmmm

Why? Is she putting out an album? boogie

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #81 posted 11/01/11 6:47pm

prodigalfan

avatar

MeltedMan is a friend of Mayte's. He has posted here on her behalf before.

I am pleasantly surprised at the vocals. Most Prince fans here on the org has always said that Mayte could NOT sing. I always thought she did background voc decently.

This recent work, she sounds pretty good. Like someone else said, as well as about 75% of the singers on the radio waves today.

I don't like the style of song. It is kind of slow and dragging. Her performances during the NPG days was such high energy, and her personality shows as high energy, positivity and sunny... I just don't think this slow ballad that seems to not have any base or direction capitalizes her personality.

If it is going to be a ballad, then maybe something similar to a neo soul style.... with some real deep heartfelt emotion... not placid and very surface. Even if it just the MUSIC sounding deep with emotion. The song and lyrics just slide/glide along so smoothly that it doesn't catch your attention.

I would prefer something that would make you want to get up and dance.... similar to "If" by Janet Jackson.or Paula Abdul "Stand Up" Both of these songs are by women who can really dance, are both GORGEOUS and their singing is decent. And that type of singing is easy to do if your voice is not the powerhouse variety like Aretha, Patty, who can really put their mark on ballads.

Yeah, I think a dance song would be better. And then she could do a video incorporating some killer moves and look DAMN good doing them. nod

Tell her don't quit... just find a different writer. High energy dance or if ballad... neo soul type (think Jill Scott, Kelly Price or Badu.... OR this current style (I call it 2011 version Stevie Nicks) Adele.

"Remember, one man's filler is another man's killer" -- Haystack
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #82 posted 11/01/11 6:51pm

prodigalfan

avatar

Oh, and I forgot to say this:

Go Mayte! Go Mayte! Go Mayte! Go Mayte!

lol

"Remember, one man's filler is another man's killer" -- Haystack
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #83 posted 11/01/11 7:39pm

lezama

avatar

Has anyone seen her in the movie Life is Hot in Cracktown? I just noticed its in Netflix, I dont think she has a big role because her name's not in the cast listing.

Change it one more time..
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #84 posted 11/02/11 12:22pm

prodigalfan

avatar

lezama said:

Has anyone seen her in the movie Life is Hot in Cracktown? I just noticed its in Netflix, I dont think she has a big role because her name's not in the cast listing.

I am going to put in que today.
"Remember, one man's filler is another man's killer" -- Haystack
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #85 posted 11/02/11 1:07pm

Deadflow3r

avatar

prodigalfan said:

MeltedMan is a friend of Mayte's. He has posted here on her behalf before.

I am pleasantly surprised at the vocals. Most Prince fans here on the org has always said that Mayte could NOT sing. I always thought she did background voc decently.

This recent work, she sounds pretty good. Like someone else said, as well as about 75% of the singers on the radio waves today.

I don't like the style of song. It is kind of slow and dragging. Her performances during the NPG days was such high energy, and her personality shows as high energy, positivity and sunny... I just don't think this slow ballad that seems to not have any base or direction capitalizes her personality.

If it is going to be a ballad, then maybe something similar to a neo soul style.... with some real deep heartfelt emotion... not placid and very surface. Even if it just the MUSIC sounding deep with emotion. The song and lyrics just slide/glide along so smoothly that it doesn't catch your attention.

I would prefer something that would make you want to get up and dance.... similar to "If" by Janet Jackson.or Paula Abdul "Stand Up" Both of these songs are by women who can really dance, are both GORGEOUS and their singing is decent. And that type of singing is easy to do if your voice is not the powerhouse variety like Aretha, Patty, who can really put their mark on ballads.

Yeah, I think a dance song would be better. And then she could do a video incorporating some killer moves and look DAMN good doing them. nod

Tell her don't quit... just find a different writer. High energy dance or if ballad... neo soul type (think Jill Scott, Kelly Price or Badu.... OR this current style (I call it 2011 version Stevie Nicks) Adele.

I think you are right. She should look towards how the video will look and show off her dance moves. It is obvious that dance is still her #1 love. It is also probably the worst paying job in the entertainment industry. How well did her belly dancing instruction video go? I wish she would do a very basic beginner one. I would love it. I think she should break it down into 3 parts, beginner, intermediate and advanced.

I was looking at some of her appearances on talk shows and she definitely is more comfortable in front of a camera than Prince. I could see her being the health and fitness reporter for a talk show aswell. You will have to tell me how her acting is coming along.

There came a time when the risk of remaining tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #86 posted 11/02/11 1:13pm

Deadflow3r

avatar

meltedman said:

I know it posted this already, but check out a song she did and let her know what you think...if it gets a good reaction we will put up more!

http://youtu.be/QovS9n87-rM

Check it out.....

I like her voice but the song leaves me cold.

There came a time when the risk of remaining tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #87 posted 11/02/11 1:45pm

steelyd

Deadflow3r said:

lavender1983 said:

Loved them all but I will start with these two. He loved her in hats. He really developed a great look for her that I am going to steal some ideas from for myself. You can tell he was crazy about her at one time.

He liked Bria in a top hat too hmm

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #88 posted 11/02/11 4:38pm

Emancipation89

^^^ lol

some pictures I found!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #89 posted 11/02/11 5:27pm

babyjubilation

Emancipation89 said:

^^^ lol

some pictures I found!

she's pretttttttty! eek faint

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 3 of 7 <1234567>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Mayte, Mayte, Mayte