independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 22nd Nov 2019 8:09am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Concerts > May 14 - Melbourne - Rod Laver Arena
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #30 posted 04/16/12 1:51am

jonylawson

Tonylover said:

Got tickets to May 30th Show in Melbourne! Gold Section 4, Lower, Row U. Not the greatest but oh well. I am really surprised how expenive his tickets are! Are you guys? I mean I've seen him in the States and back in 2003 and they've always been reasonable - under $120 - for pretty good seats.

Christina x

[Edited 4/16/12 1:43am]

GOT MINE FOR MELBOING

but yes VERY pricey

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #31 posted 04/16/12 5:24am

mrfreeze

Tonylover said:

Got tickets to May 30th Show in Melbourne! Gold Section 4, Lower, Row U. Not the greatest but oh well. I am really surprised how expenive his tickets are! Are you guys? I mean I've seen him in the States and back in 2003 and they've always been reasonable - under $120 - for pretty good seats.

Christina x

[Edited 4/16/12 1:43am]

I have row H in the same section that night.

For the first 2 shows it is S36 AA and S32 AA for me and my eldest daughter, the youngest does not like Prince music so misses out - her loss smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #32 posted 04/17/12 5:21am

ozpfan

$180 for ticks is standard these days I reckon. Was able to get $99 nose bleed for 15/5 concert.

I figure based on 10 years for every concert a putting away $18 is bugger all. wink

Tonylover said:

Got tickets to May 30th Show in Melbourne! Gold Section 4, Lower, Row U. Not the greatest but oh well. I am really surprised how expenive his tickets are! Are you guys? I mean I've seen him in the States and back in 2003 and they've always been reasonable - under $120 - for pretty good seats.

Christina x

[Edited 4/16/12 1:43am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #33 posted 04/17/12 7:29pm

jonylawson

is there a possibility somebody wants to IF needed(not sure yet)

swap a ticket for the 30th for the 14th??

i may have trouble going now on the 14th! confused

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #34 posted 04/22/12 5:10am

aiden3121

I Have a spare ticket for the melbourne show on the 14th if anyone needs a ticket. Also will there be any .org meetups on the 14th and 15th?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #35 posted 04/23/12 12:39am

KingFD

avatar

I missed out on Purple Circle tickets for this but managed Purple floor. Really looking forward to it. Picked up Gold for the next night and Purple Circle for Brisbane on the 26th. Will have to see if I can get to the May 30th show back in Melbourne as well.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #36 posted 04/30/12 11:10am

Edutainment

Flying over from Adelaide for this one. Really pumped and excited. Will be my 1st Prince show. Also flying up to Brisbane for the 26th Concert#2 as well.

Have never been to Rod Laver Arena before. Is there normally any dramas getting into the actual arena itself or pretty free flowing ? Etihad Stadium was excellent when I wen't there for u2 while back now.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #37 posted 05/06/12 4:40pm

prb

avatar

Edutainment said:

Flying over from Adelaide for this one. Really pumped and excited. Will be my 1st Prince show. Also flying up to Brisbane for the 26th Concert#2 as well.

Have never been to Rod Laver Arena before. Is there normally any dramas getting into the actual arena itself or pretty free flowing ? Etihad Stadium was excellent when I wen't there for u2 while back now.

great question....

also, is their plentiful public transport(or any) from the cbd to rod laver....

seems that i was busy doing something close to nothing, but different than the day before music beret
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #38 posted 05/06/12 5:36pm

callimnate

avatar

prb said:

Edutainment said:

Flying over from Adelaide for this one. Really pumped and excited. Will be my 1st Prince show. Also flying up to Brisbane for the 26th Concert#2 as well.

Have never been to Rod Laver Arena before. Is there normally any dramas getting into the actual arena itself or pretty free flowing ? Etihad Stadium was excellent when I wen't there for u2 while back now.

great question....

also, is their plentiful public transport(or any) from the cbd to rod laver....

There is a tram from the city that takes you there. Not sure of the number is, but all infor is on this page.

http://www.rodlaverarena....5_read-12/

Easey to get to.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #39 posted 05/07/12 1:57am

Adorecream

1 week to go and Prince will be rocking it in Melbourne!!! Woohoo, I know he will fall in love with Melbourne like I have (Coming over from New Zealand)

Got some kind of love for you, and I don't even know your name
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #40 posted 05/07/12 3:23am

xperience319

avatar

ugh!

i finally got my seating allocation from showbiz (coulndt get purp reserve thru regular sale site crashed then sold out) only to find out im sitting behind the band at the top end of the symbol on the floor!!

worst seats in the house!

fuck this im buying more seats now on ticketek since they suddenly have good seats up.

so fucken pissed off with the whole ticketing bullshit around this tour gah!



RIP 1958-2016 Prince broken RIP 1947-2016 David Bowie

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #41 posted 05/08/12 4:11am

FunkyStrange

xperience319 said:

ugh!

i finally got my seating allocation from showbiz (coulndt get purp reserve thru regular sale site crashed then sold out) only to find out im sitting behind the band at the top end of the symbol on the floor!!

worst seats in the house!

fuck this im buying more seats now on ticketek since they suddenly have good seats up.

so fucken pissed off with the whole ticketing bullshit around this tour gah!

don't buy new tix, get on the phone and blast the crap out of them

for that sort of money you deserve WAY better !!

blast them till they cave !

.

[Edited 5/8/12 6:00am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #42 posted 05/08/12 5:13am

MissRuby

I'm getting a little nervous now. I've got section 9 , row L lower level. Are these ok seats? There not ideal but because it's on the back end of the symbol im worried they may be awful seats.

Thoughts?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #43 posted 05/08/12 2:23pm

xperience319

avatar

No energy/time to start that up.

Am on selling them at a loss. I got two very good seats on the side exactly where I wanted in the first place.

I don't know how this tour was organised but the ticketing left allot to be desired especially for the price charged.

That section behind the band should be sold as gold or silver reserve, not purple.

FunkyStrange said:



xperience319 said:


ugh!



i finally got my seating allocation from showbiz (coulndt get purp reserve thru regular sale site crashed then sold out) only to find out im sitting behind the band at the top end of the symbol on the floor!!



worst seats in the house!



fuck this im buying more seats now on ticketek since they suddenly have good seats up.



so fucken pissed off with the whole ticketing bullshit around this tour gah!





don't buy new tix, get on the phone and blast the crap out of them



for that sort of money you deserve WAY better !!



blast them till they cave !



.

[Edited 5/8/12 6:00am]



RIP 1958-2016 Prince broken RIP 1947-2016 David Bowie

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #44 posted 05/08/12 2:26pm

xperience319

avatar

MissRuby said:

I'm getting a little nervous now. I've got section 9 , row L lower level. Are these ok seats? There not ideal but because it's on the back end of the symbol im worried they may be awful seats.

Thoughts?


I think u will be ok there as at least it's elevated an u can see the stage. My whine was the fact I was on the floor behind the band, no elevation. May have actually seen prince for about 30% of the show.


RIP 1958-2016 Prince broken RIP 1947-2016 David Bowie

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #45 posted 05/09/12 8:57pm

maballes

xperience319 said:

ugh!

i finally got my seating allocation from showbiz (coulndt get purp reserve thru regular sale site crashed then sold out) only to find out im sitting behind the band at the top end of the symbol on the floor!!

worst seats in the house!

fuck this im buying more seats now on ticketek since they suddenly have good seats up.

so fucken pissed off with the whole ticketing bullshit around this tour gah!

This really sucks, were these seats the packages that were going for $550.00 each ?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #46 posted 05/10/12 5:19am

NPS319

avatar

biggrin would love 2 hear 'Dance 4 Me' just 2 hear the crowd sing 'Hallelujah'. 2 hear 14,000 odd singing that back during the song and the song is great 2 get up and dance 2.......

I get hard if the wind blows your cologne near me
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #47 posted 05/10/12 6:53am

mrmaxwell

I will be live tweeting from all shows @welcome2aus

Enjoy...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #48 posted 05/11/12 11:28am

IstenSzek

avatar

mrmaxwell said:

I will be live tweeting from all shows @welcome2aus

Enjoy...

good stuff!

thumbs up!

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #49 posted 05/11/12 11:25pm

KingFD

avatar

mrmaxwell said:

I will be live tweeting from all shows @welcome2aus



Enjoy...



I'll be tweeting too, cause I'll be there! Woooohooooo!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #50 posted 05/12/12 11:53pm

scrubdadishes

avatar

IstenSzek said:

mrmaxwell said:

I will be live tweeting from all shows @welcome2aus

Enjoy...

good stuff!

thumbs up!

thank you !! loving it!! areta smile

i am watching you prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #51 posted 05/13/12 4:54am

flyorra

avatar

jimino1 said:

^thanks DFunk, do you know of any cheap hostels in the CBD that you'd recommend?

[Edited 4/14/12 23:38pm]

yha is great, they are also in sydney. (sorry just started to read this thread now)

"who need the exercise"..lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #52 posted 05/13/12 4:57am

flyorra

avatar

prb said:

Edutainment said:

Flying over from Adelaide for this one. Really pumped and excited. Will be my 1st Prince show. Also flying up to Brisbane for the 26th Concert#2 as well.

Have never been to Rod Laver Arena before. Is there normally any dramas getting into the actual arena itself or pretty free flowing ? Etihad Stadium was excellent when I wen't there for u2 while back now.

great question....

also, is their plentiful public transport(or any) from the cbd to rod laver....

you can also take a train to richmond, and walk a few minutes. not far.

"who need the exercise"..lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #53 posted 05/13/12 9:04am

MamaLisa

avatar

heard there was a secret gig.. not so secret any more.. lol

Ishan said:

Got my tickets! See you at the shows! \m/

Hope we can stay up to date on any aftershow venues/dates.. smile

Music is the power.
Love is the message.
Truth is the answer.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #54 posted 05/13/12 2:27pm

prb

avatar

MamaLisa said:

heard there was a secret gig.. not so secret any more.. lol






Ishan said:


Got my tickets! See you at the shows! \m/



Hope we can stay up to date on any aftershow venues/dates.. smile




eek
faint
:excited:

ITS TODAY boogie :woot:

Where?!? When?!?!
seems that i was busy doing something close to nothing, but different than the day before music beret
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #55 posted 05/13/12 2:33pm

KingFD

avatar

12 hours to go and we will be in Rod Laver Arena.
[Edited 5/13/12 14:34pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #56 posted 05/13/12 3:33pm

Adorecream

Tell us how it goes, as I will be there tomorrow night

Got some kind of love for you, and I don't even know your name
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #57 posted 05/13/12 4:32pm

nickyh1

avatar

Sold my spare ticket in Block 8 for tonight. Can relax and look forward to the gig now smile.

[Edited 5/13/12 21:15pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #58 posted 05/13/12 6:21pm

flyorra

avatar

goodmorning. i am getting to meet some orgers, and hopefully fingerscrossed all goes well i will be at the concert, i am buying tonights concert ticket from an orger. so here we go, i am still half asleep. i need my coffee lol.

"who need the exercise"..lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #59 posted 05/13/12 7:03pm

Zoumas

nickyh1 said:

Still got a spare ticket in Block 8 for tonight. If anyone fancies going please Org me. Thx

Org note sent !

Cheers.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 2 of 5 <12345>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Concerts > May 14 - Melbourne - Rod Laver Arena