independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 23rd Nov 2017 7:40pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > NEW Bryan Adams - Please Stay
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/14/17 1:58pm

amit1234

avatar

NEW Bryan Adams - Please Stay

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/14/17 4:40pm

MickyDolenz

This might get played on adult contemporary stations, they're more likely to play older singers. But I don't see it getting any Top 40 airplay, not the right sound.

It's called show business for a reason. It’s 90% business and 10% show. If you don’t know your business, you’re in trouble! ~ Johnnie Taylor
Each generation has their music that they fall in love with, that makes it special to them ~ Ralph Tresvant
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/16/17 9:44am

lastdecember

avatar

Love this track wish it would have been a whole new record too but his last album was really good also, straight forward rock. As for getting played on TOP 40 it has nothing to do with your sound, his age automatically casts him out plain and simple. AGE-ISM plain and simple no one old slips through the cracks and gets TOP 40 play, you got artists debuting and having number one records like Springsteen and Jovi all the time and you will never hear them on a top 40 station again, those days of real people and djs working at radio are over.


"We went where our music was appreciated, and that was everywhere but the USA, we knew we had fans, but there is only so much of the world you can play at once" Magne F
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/16/17 10:47am

MickyDolenz

lastdecember said:

As for getting played on TOP 40 it has nothing to do with your sound, his age automatically casts him out plain and simple.

Sure it does. Do you think a glam metal band or someone doing disco or doo wop, even if they were young, would get Top 40 airplay today? I don't hear any jazz on Top 40 either. This is the Top 20 on the Hot 100 for this week, and I don't think this song would get played, even if Bryan's vocals were replaced by a young singer.

1 Post Malone feat. 21 Savage - Rockstar
2 Camila Cabello feat. Young Thug - Havana
3 Cardi B - Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)
4 Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes
5 Imagine Dragons - Thunder
6 Logic feat. Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255
7 Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
8 Ed Sheeran - Perfect
9 Maroon 5 feat. SZA - What Lovers Do
10 J Balvin & Willy William feat. Beyoncé - Mi Gente
11 Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
12 Lil Pump - Gucci Gang
13 G-Eazy feat. A$AP Rocky & Cardi B - No Limit
14 Gucci Mane feat. Migos - I Got The Bag
15 21 Savage - Bank Account
16 French Montana feat. Swae Lee - Unforgettable
17 P!nk - What About Us
18 Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee feat. Justin Bieber - Despacito
19 Charlie Puth - Attention
20 Halsey - Bad At Love

It's called show business for a reason. It’s 90% business and 10% show. If you don’t know your business, you’re in trouble! ~ Johnnie Taylor
Each generation has their music that they fall in love with, that makes it special to them ~ Ralph Tresvant
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/16/17 9:43pm

lastdecember

avatar

MickyDolenz said:



lastdecember said:


As for getting played on TOP 40 it has nothing to do with your sound, his age automatically casts him out plain and simple.



Sure it does. Do you think a glam metal band or someone doing disco or doo wop, even if they were young, would get Top 40 airplay today? I don't hear any jazz on Top 40 either. This is the Top 20 on the Hot 100 for this week, and I don't think this song would get played, even if Bryan's vocals were replaced by a young singer.

1 Post Malone feat. 21 Savage - Rockstar
2 Camila Cabello feat. Young Thug - Havana
3 Cardi B - Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)
4 Sam Smith - Too Good At Goodbyes
5 Imagine Dragons - Thunder
6 Logic feat. Alessia Cara & Khalid - 1-800-273-8255
7 Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
8 Ed Sheeran - Perfect
9 Maroon 5 feat. SZA - What Lovers Do
10 J Balvin & Willy William feat. Beyoncé - Mi Gente
11 Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry
12 Lil Pump - Gucci Gang
13 G-Eazy feat. A$AP Rocky & Cardi B - No Limit
14 Gucci Mane feat. Migos - I Got The Bag
15 21 Savage - Bank Account
16 French Montana feat. Swae Lee - Unforgettable
17 P!nk - What About Us
18 Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee feat. Justin Bieber - Despacito
19 Charlie Puth - Attention
20 Halsey - Bad At Love


If it was a Sam smith or Camila Cabello ballad it would be a top 10 hit just because of the name and push of what is to be played as a label priority.

"We went where our music was appreciated, and that was everywhere but the USA, we knew we had fans, but there is only so much of the world you can play at once" Magne F
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/20/17 2:47am

laurarichardso
n

lastdecember said:

Love this track wish it would have been a whole new record too but his last album was really good also, straight forward rock. As for getting played on TOP 40 it has nothing to do with your sound, his age automatically casts him out plain and simple. AGE-ISM plain and simple no one old slips through the cracks and gets TOP 40 play, you got artists debuting and having number one records like Springsteen and Jovi all the time and you will never hear them on a top 40 station again, those days of real people and djs working at radio are over.


—Thank you for stating this. No older artist gets radio airplay for new material these days.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/20/17 8:19am

MickyDolenz

laurarichardson said:

—Thank you for stating this. No older artist gets radio airplay for new material these days.

Charlie Wilson gets new stuff played all the time on Adult R&B radio, which is the R&B equivalent of adult contemporary. Johnny Gill has had a couple of Top 10s lately on that chart as well, collabos with New Edition & Jahiem. That's why I said Bryan's song might get adult contemporary play. They also play older artists.

It's called show business for a reason. It’s 90% business and 10% show. If you don’t know your business, you’re in trouble! ~ Johnnie Taylor
Each generation has their music that they fall in love with, that makes it special to them ~ Ralph Tresvant
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/20/17 8:20am

MickyDolenz

Darius Rucker from Hootie & The Blowfish gets played on country radio today and he's a veteran act too.

It's called show business for a reason. It’s 90% business and 10% show. If you don’t know your business, you’re in trouble! ~ Johnnie Taylor
Each generation has their music that they fall in love with, that makes it special to them ~ Ralph Tresvant
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/21/17 10:41am

lastdecember

avatar

Country Music is a whole different animal since its base is a much older buying public it appeals to an older crowd 25 and up at least.


"We went where our music was appreciated, and that was everywhere but the USA, we knew we had fans, but there is only so much of the world you can play at once" Magne F
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/21/17 10:44am

lastdecember

avatar

MickyDolenz said:

laurarichardson said:

—Thank you for stating this. No older artist gets radio airplay for new material these days.

Charlie Wilson gets new stuff played all the time on Adult R&B radio, which is the R&B equivalent of adult contemporary. Johnny Gill has had a couple of Top 10s lately on that chart as well, collabos with New Edition & Jahiem. That's why I said Bryan's song might get adult contemporary play. They also play older artists.

Yeah I dont doubt him getting play over there because it is the demographic, but there were times that he easily could get played. I mean the 80's saw The Rolling Stones getting top 40 play and they were old then, Aretha having top 10 singles, that never could happen now. Everything now is in such a box and labeled I dont even look at a chart anymore and have not in ages.


"We went where our music was appreciated, and that was everywhere but the USA, we knew we had fans, but there is only so much of the world you can play at once" Magne F
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/21/17 12:55pm

paisleypark4

avatar

lastdecember said:

MickyDolenz said:

Charlie Wilson gets new stuff played all the time on Adult R&B radio, which is the R&B equivalent of adult contemporary. Johnny Gill has had a couple of Top 10s lately on that chart as well, collabos with New Edition & Jahiem. That's why I said Bryan's song might get adult contemporary play. They also play older artists.

Yeah I dont doubt him getting play over there because it is the demographic, but there were times that he easily could get played. I mean the 80's saw The Rolling Stones getting top 40 play and they were old then, Aretha having top 10 singles, that never could happen now. Everything now is in such a box and labeled I dont even look at a chart anymore and have not in ages.



Right. Janet Jackson was #1 for No Sleeep for 9 weeks straight on the Adult R&B Charts but on #63 on pop so really what does it matter. Top 40 is for the kids.

[Edited 11/21/17 12:56pm]

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/22/17 4:48am

laurarichardso
n

MickyDolenz said:

laurarichardson said:

—Thank you for stating this. No older artist gets radio airplay for new material these days.

Charlie Wilson gets new stuff played all the time on Adult R&B radio, which is the R&B equivalent of adult contemporary. Johnny Gill has had a couple of Top 10s lately on that chart as well, collabos with New Edition & Jahiem. That's why I said Bryan's song might get adult contemporary play. They also play older artists.

It also took Charlie Wilson almost 20 years to get back on the radio and he has talked about his past drug problems and age being one of the reasons he had a hard time getting a record deal.

Johnny has also talked about his issues as well. RnB audicences especially older fans are very loyal and RnB radio formats are returning to Adult R&B radio formats to actually get people to listen.

This is just a recent thing and it remains to be seen if it will continue in the past that has not been the case. Older RnB artist started getting thrown off playlist right around the time that Hip-Hop started to blow up.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/22/17 4:49am

laurarichardso
n

MickyDolenz said:

Darius Rucker from Hootie & The Blowfish gets played on country radio today and he's a veteran act too.

Bad example as he has gone to a different genre of music.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > NEW Bryan Adams - Please Stay