independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 19th Nov 2017 9:50am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > New Nine Inch Nails EP, Add Violence
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/05/17 7:06pm

Identity

New Nine Inch Nails EP, Add Violence

2m5QX.png




06/05/2017



Get ready for more Nine Inch Nails music. In an email sent to customers of the band's web store, posted on Reddit and confirmed by Pitchfork, frontman Trent Reznor writes that a new Nine Inch Nails EP will arrive by the time they hit the road this summer.

"Did you know there's a top-secret Nine Inch Nails EP that will be released before the first shows we do this summer?" Reznor writes. The first show on NIN's schedule is the FYF Fest in Los Angeles on July 23.


The news doesn't stop there: the new EP, along with last year's Not the Actual Events EP, will make up two-thirds of a planned trilogy of EPs.


"Did you know Not the Actual Events was the first part of a trilogy of related EPs that will be released about 6-8 months apart?" says Reznor. "Now you do."


Reznor promises that more information about the EPs will arrive "shortly."

Nine Inch Nails will also be playing the Panorama festival in New York City July 30 and Chicago's Riot Fest September 15.


http://bit.ly/2sLzYU5

[Edited 7/28/17 12:40pm]

Fear no evil.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/06/17 5:11am

peedub

avatar

i wish i was at all enthused about this news, but 'not the actual events' did absolutely nothing for me...maybe the trilogy will cohere into something i'm interested in.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/06/17 10:07pm

Identity

Upcoming appearances:

Fear no evil.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/07/17 1:39pm

Identity








Something big is coming. wink

Fear no evil.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/13/17 10:22am

peedub

avatar

this is a little more palatable...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/13/17 2:09pm

Neversin

avatar

peedub said:

this is a little more palatable...


Polybius!!! Trent acknowledging the grandest epic myth of gaming history!

Neversin.
O(+>NIИ<+)O

“Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man's?”

- Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/13/17 2:56pm

Identity

The Add Violence track list:



"Less Than"
"The Lovers"
"This Isn't the Place"
"Not Anymore"
"The Background World"


Pre-orders are available via Trent's webstore.

[Edited 7/13/17 14:57pm]

Fear no evil.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/15/17 1:46pm

Identity

NIN will play a one-off headlining show in nearby Bakersfield, California on July 19. Visit NIN.com for ticket info.

Fear no evil.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/18/17 1:35pm

Identity




Another song from the EP.

Fear no evil.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/18/17 2:58pm

SPYZFAN1

I like the last two cuts I've heard. Almost takes me back to the "Pretty Hate Machine" days.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/19/17 7:53am

peedub

avatar

SPYZFAN1 said:

I like the last two cuts I've heard. Almost takes me back to the "Pretty Hate Machine" days.


yeah, this is gonna be good...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/20/17 9:45am

Identity




Cover version of "I Can't Give Everything Away," the closing track on Bowie's final album, Blackstar. thumbs up!

[Edited 7/20/17 9:56am]

Fear no evil.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/20/17 10:06am

Xibalba

I see dead pixels.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/21/17 4:25am

paisleypark4

avatar

Argh, he so sexy. I will have to check it out no matter what.

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/22/17 6:01am

Identity




Official footage from the recent Bakersfield, California gig. Songs: "Branches/Bones" and "Copy of A."

Fear no evil.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/23/17 10:31am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

peedub is giddy inside.

"2freaky is a complete stud." DJ
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/23/17 11:48am

novabrkr

Identity said:




Cover version of "I Can't Give Everything Away," the closing track on Bowie's final album, Blackstar. thumbs up!

[Edited 7/20/17 9:56am]


I wanted to like this, but he's gone tone deaf if he thinks the melody fits the bleepy synth part.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/27/17 6:34pm

luvsexy4all

5 songs r out now. he even made the cover of the village voice

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/28/17 12:39pm

Identity

Fear no evil.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/01/17 12:16am

PRNMusicLife

Oh man I can't wait!!

Identity said:

2m5QX.png








06/05/2017



Get ready for more Nine Inch Nails music. In an email sent to customers of the band's web store, posted on Reddit and confirmed by Pitchfork, frontman Trent Reznor writes that a new Nine Inch Nails EP will arrive by the time they hit the road this summer.


"Did you know there's a top-secret Nine Inch Nails EP that will be released before the first shows we do this summer?" Reznor writes. The first show on NIN's schedule is the FYF Fest in Los Angeles on July 23.



The news doesn't stop there: the new EP, along with last year's Not the Actual Events EP, will make up two-thirds of a planned trilogy of EPs.



"Did you know Not the Actual Events was the first part of a trilogy of related EPs that will be released about 6-8 months apart?" says Reznor. "Now you do."



Reznor promises that more information about the EPs will arrive "shortly."


Nine Inch Nails will also be playing the Panorama festival in New York City July 30 and Chicago's Riot Fest September 15.


http://bit.ly/2sLzYU5

[Edited 7/28/17 12:40pm]

*Insert witty Prince inspired quote here*
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/03/17 4:10pm

paisleypark4

avatar

Identity said:





Article

Wrap my leg around him waist

Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 08/04/17 2:52pm

Identity

Nine Inch Nails Surprise Fans W/ Intimate Club Show


https://usat.ly/2fft9sc

Fear no evil.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > New Nine Inch Nails EP, Add Violence