independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 30th Sep 2014 10:58pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Red Right Hand
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 06/27/12 8:38pm

Timmy84

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Red Right Hand

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 06/27/12 11:43pm

Gunsnhalen

I posted a nick cave jam weeks ago & no one responded lol

Love this jam smile he has a dark voice

Pistols sounded like "Fuck off," wheras The Clash sounded like "Fuck Off, but here's why.."- Thedigitialgardener

Datdonkeydick- Asherfierce
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 06/28/12 12:02am

Toofunkyinhere

He's a real poet, really like some of his later ballader stuff, Boatman's Call, No More Shall We Part and Abbatoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus are my favourite albums.

Pay me peanuts, and i'll act like a monkey.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 06/28/12 1:21am

mynameisnotsus
an

avatar

The whole Let Love In album is just worship

Thirsty ass ho
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 06/28/12 10:04am

Graycap23

Is Barry Adamson still around?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 06/28/12 11:32am

lezama

avatar

Toofunkyinhere said:

He's a real poet, really like some of his later ballader stuff, Boatman's Call, No More Shall We Part and Abbatoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus are my favourite albums.

Wow, those are probably my favorite albums of his exactly.. I still like the earlier material a lot, but I dont find myself listening to them at all. The more mature works just seem to fit my moods as an adult.

Go home. You're stoned.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 06/28/12 11:34am

lezama

avatar

lezama said:

Toofunkyinhere said:

He's a real poet, really like some of his later ballader stuff, Boatman's Call, No More Shall We Part and Abbatoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus are my favourite albums.

Wow, those are probably my favorite albums of his exactly.. I still like the earlier material a lot, but I dont find myself listening to them at all. The more mature works just seem to fit my moods as an adult.

I would add though that No More Shall We Part took me an awful long time to really appreciate though, its just so different lyrically.

Go home. You're stoned.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 06/28/12 3:19pm

sextonseven

avatar

This song isn't bad, although I could never really get into Nick Cave. But as a former goth, I had to have at least one of his albums in my collection (it's in the goth handbook) so I own the greatest hits comp. The duets with PJ Harvey and Kylie Minogue were very cool.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 06/28/12 3:21pm

sextonseven

avatar

And it's nice to break up the glut of R&B threads that currently dominate this forum. Thanks for posting.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 06/28/12 3:22pm

Timmy84

sextonseven said:

And it's nice to break up the glut of R&B threads that currently dominate this forum. Thanks for posting.

biggrin

And no prob. cool

[Edited 6/28/12 15:22pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 06/28/12 3:46pm

Toofunkyinhere

lezama said:

lezama said:

Wow, those are probably my favorite albums of his exactly.. I still like the earlier material a lot, but I dont find myself listening to them at all. The more mature works just seem to fit my moods as an adult.

I would add though that No More Shall We Part took me an awful long time to really appreciate though, its just so different lyrically.

For sure, i bought that one pure and simply for the song "love letter", that song bowled me over the first time i heard it on the Letterman show, one of the most tender songs i'd ever heard. The album itself took me a couple of listens but it's probably my favourite.

Pay me peanuts, and i'll act like a monkey.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 06/28/12 10:51pm

Gunsnhalen

Graycap23 said:

Is Barry Adamson still around?

He does stuff on the jazz circuit as of late. I don't think he did anything in a commercial since after he worked on David lynch's Lost Highway.

Pistols sounded like "Fuck off," wheras The Clash sounded like "Fuck Off, but here's why.."- Thedigitialgardener

Datdonkeydick- Asherfierce
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 06/29/12 3:21am

Nightcrawler

No More Shall We Part is my favourite Nick Cave album by far. It´s even one of my top favourite albums off all time. I can´t remember how many times I have listened to it. I still do regularly. It shows what a great great songwriter he is:

God Is In The House

Hallelujah

We Came Along This Road

Love Letter

Just perfection!

"Abbatoir/Lyre" has some great stuff on it, too: "Easy Money" and "Oh Children" are so good!

Just like the sun, the rainbow children rise...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 06/29/12 3:42am

TheDigitalGard
ener

Neat post Timmy.

I never thought I would ever see a Nick Cave thread among all the autotune bile that usually gets posted here.

I have most of his Bad Seeds albums, but I was never too into The Birthday Party. I think from Murder Ballads onwards is when I really became interested. I was a little disappointed with Nocturama but he returned to form with the monster that is Abattoir Blues/Orpheus, and that two record set now remains my fav. Funny too, because Abottoir actually reminds me of TBP.

I have attended a couple of his shows in the past and was thouroghly blown away. I really recommend him as a live act.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 06/29/12 7:14am

lezama

avatar

TheDigitalGardener said:

I have attended a couple of his shows in the past and was thouroghly blown away. I really recommend him as a live act.

I missed his last tour in 08, but he toured the US for Nocturama and it was probably the best show I saw that year.. think that was around 03.

Go home. You're stoned.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 06/29/12 8:54am

Graycap23

Gunsnhalen said:

Graycap23 said:

Is Barry Adamson still around?

He does stuff on the jazz circuit as of late. I don't think he did anything in a commercial since after he worked on David lynch's Lost Highway.

Thanks.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 06/29/12 8:55am

smoothcriminal
12

avatar

cool

My new album is available HERE: http://itunes.apple.com/a...mpt=uo%3D1
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 06/29/12 9:07am

Serious

avatar

Nice cool

With a very special thank you to Tina: Is hammer already absolute, how much some people verändern...ICH hope is never so I will be! And if, then I hope that I would then have wen in my environment who joins me in the A....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 06/29/12 9:08am

Serious

avatar

sextonseven said:

This song isn't bad, although I could never really get into Nick Cave. But as a former goth, I had to have at least one of his albums in my collection (it's in the goth handbook) so I own the greatest hits comp. The duets with PJ Harvey and Kylie Minogue were very cool.

nod It gave Kylie a brand new credibility thumbs up!.

With a very special thank you to Tina: Is hammer already absolute, how much some people verändern...ICH hope is never so I will be! And if, then I hope that I would then have wen in my environment who joins me in the A....
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 06/29/12 11:29am

Timmy84

TheDigitalGardener said:

Neat post Timmy.

I never thought I would ever see a Nick Cave thread among all the autotune bile that usually gets posted here.

I have most of his Bad Seeds albums, but I was never too into The Birthday Party. I think from Murder Ballads onwards is when I really became interested. I was a little disappointed with Nocturama but he returned to form with the monster that is Abattoir Blues/Orpheus, and that two record set now remains my fav. Funny too, because Abottoir actually reminds me of TBP.

I have attended a couple of his shows in the past and was thouroghly blown away. I really recommend him as a live act.

Hey just trying to diversify. smile But yeah I heard Nick's performances were on point... from the pictures I saw of him with the Birthday Party, he seems to be a real engaging performer.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Red Right Hand