independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 21st Oct 2018 4:48pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > TMZ REPORT: Justin Timberlake planning prince Hologram
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/03/18 7:23am

Strawberrylova
123

TMZ REPORT: Justin Timberlake planning prince Hologram

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/03/18 7:35am

laurarichardso
n

Strawberrylova123 said:


—-No need for me to watch then. This guy just does not learn.Or maybe the estate managers do not learn. Bad move on someone’s part.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/03/18 7:36am

deebee

avatar

"Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/03/18 7:39am

Strawberrylova
123

laurarichardson said:

Strawberrylova123 said:


—-No need for me to watch then. This guy just does not learn.Or maybe the estate managers do not learn. Bad move on someone’s part.

neutral i really don't want a hologram...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/03/18 7:50am

pinkcashmere23

Oh dear.Please no

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/03/18 8:07am

mikeyaddict

avatar

Just courting controversy for the sake of it, and completely wrong. What a fucking nob. And in Minnie?!?! I hope people walk.
Comin str8 outta Preston...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/03/18 8:18am

ISaidLifeIsJus
tAGame

avatar

More than one news agency is reporting this.

I fucking hope this doesnt happen.

mad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/03/18 8:40am

Strawberrylova
123

ISaidLifeIsJustAGame said:

More than one news agency is reporting this.


I fucking hope this doesnt happen.


mad


Yep...it seems legit
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/03/18 8:41am

SoulAlive

eek

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/03/18 8:51am

RJOrion

didnt they have beef tho?...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/03/18 8:59am

LOVESYMBOLNUMB
ER2

Remember how embarrassingly zero music stars showed up for the lame prince tribute...(mayte danced with a sword on her head for 20 minutes...sorry)...nobody can show up for a tribute, ya you Justin Timberlake and everyone else...but now you can use the hell out of prince to dump money in your pockets...obviously the estate is o.k. With the money dump as well...once again not one person in princes camp has his back...he really had no soft place to fall in life or apparently in death...grrrrr
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/03/18 9:02am

laurarichardso
n

LOVESYMBOLNUMBER2 said:

Remember how embarrassingly zero music stars showed up for the lame prince tribute...(mayte danced with a sword on her head for 20 minutes...sorry)...nobody can show up for a tribute, ya you Justin Timberlake and everyone else...but now you can use the hell out of prince to dump money in your pockets...obviously the estate is o.k. With the money dump as well...once again not one person in princes camp has his back...he really had no soft place to fall in life or apparently in death...grrrrr

_____ Not one person will speak up for him.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/03/18 9:07am

rogifan

Wait so we’re believing TMZ now? And why would JT want to do this? It would just upstage his performance and no one would talk about him. I wouldn’t be surprised if the throws in a nod to prince or maybe a cover. But a hologram? No.
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/03/18 9:09am

1contessa

This is the same a**hole that made fun of Prince at an award show that time, and Prince would want nothing from him, so Justin, you know what you can do with your tribute!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/03/18 9:14am

pinkcashmere23

laurarichardson said:

LOVESYMBOLNUMBER2 said:
Remember how embarrassingly zero music stars showed up for the lame prince tribute...(mayte danced with a sword on her head for 20 minutes...sorry)...nobody can show up for a tribute, ya you Justin Timberlake and everyone else...but now you can use the hell out of prince to dump money in your pockets...obviously the estate is o.k. With the money dump as well...once again not one person in princes camp has his back...he really had no soft place to fall in life or apparently in death...grrrrr
______ Not one person will speak up for him.

Lala Escarzega is the only one I can think of.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/03/18 9:19am

EmmaMcG

Holograms always come across as really tacky. Remember that Michael Jackson one a couple of years ago? It just looked really strange. I'm never in favour of them. But I almost hope they do a Prince one because if people are so angry about Justin Timberlake showcasing his new album at Paisley Park then it should be very entertaining reading some of the mental meltdowns some of you will have at the sight of seeing JT perform WITH a Prince hologram.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/03/18 9:44am

purplerabbitho
le

I hate the hologram idea as well. At best, JT doesn't know about the statements Prince had made against hologram (which doesn't make him a very knowledgable or geniune fan) or at worst, he does know and does not care.

Beyond that, I bet they will pick the most obvious performance as their hologram...an overplayed song that will seem stale compared to whatever new moves and production values JT brings to the table. JT is not going to let Prince over shadow. The clip will be an overplayed relic or Purple Rain or something. They will probably just use the Prince superbowl clips. If its Let's Go Crazy, I am going to fvcking throw my computer.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/03/18 9:53am

luvsexy4all

so he mustve got legal permission from someone to do this......who

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 02/03/18 9:55am

Goddess4Real

avatar

If this turns out to be true...there were signs, the recent album listening party at Paisley Park and Justin's Supplies video. It has a lot of Blade Runner 2049 refs and the film itself features a Elvis hologram.
Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 02/03/18 10:02am

RJP1205

I will probably get crucified by you all for saying this but is it possible Prince had a change of heart on holograms? His 12/5/15 Instagram post shows himself in a hologram and his comment is "LIGHTING ON FLEEK".
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 02/03/18 10:07am

Goddess4Real

avatar

Goddess4Real said:

If this turns out to be true...there were signs, the recent album listening party at Paisley Park and Justin's Supplies video. It has a lot of Blade Runner 2049 refs and the film itself features a Frank Sinatra and Elvis holograms.
Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 02/03/18 10:09am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > TMZ REPORT: Justin Timberlake planning prince Hologram