independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sat 21st Apr 2018 8:04pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Imagine: Prince runs for President 2020
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/22/17 11:57am

littlemissG

avatar

Imagine: Prince runs for President 2020

In infinite realities (Rick and Morty style) very much like ours. Prince runs for POTUS. What would that be like?
No More Haters on the Internet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/22/17 12:08pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

As we all know, his faith would have not allowed that. But it's fun to imagine, so why not?

Unfortunately, I think it would be a disaster. As awesome a person as Prince was, and his ability to inspire would be limitless, running a government takes a whole lot of experience. We're seeing that right now with our reality-show adulterer-in-chief. I don't think the American people would take two inexperienced people in a row, no matter how much coller Prince is than our current resident of the White House.

BUT, I could see Prince being a VICE-president. He could have really done his thing in that position.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 12/22/17 12:10pm

Empress

RodeoSchro said:

As we all know, his faith would have not allowed that. But it's fun to imagine, so why not?

Unfortunately, I think it would be a disaster. As awesome a person as Prince was, and his ability to inspire would be limitless, running a government takes a whole lot of experience. We're seeing that right now with our reality-show adulterer-in-chief. I don't think the American people would take two inexperienced people in a row, no matter how much coller Prince is than our current resident of the White House.

BUT, I could see Prince being a VICE-president. He could have really done his thing in that position.

Brilliant answer Rodeo. razz

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 12/22/17 12:18pm

EmmaMcG

He'd be the first President to have First Ladies, as opposed to just a First Lady (if you don't count JFK or Bill Clinton).

Although he'd be another one of your Presidents to have a dodgy tax history. It didn't hinder Trump but then again, I'm convinced that man could kick a crippled child in the face on live TV and he'd still have millions of supporters. Fox news would probably run a report complaining about the child headbutting Trumps shoe. I don't think Prince would have that kind of pull.

Also, can you imagine Prince taking part in the debates? It would be a total disaster. His campaign would most likely consist of him promising to rid the US of chemtrails. Any opponent would have a field day running against him.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 12/22/17 12:18pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

Empress said:

RodeoSchro said:

As we all know, his faith would have not allowed that. But it's fun to imagine, so why not?

Unfortunately, I think it would be a disaster. As awesome a person as Prince was, and his ability to inspire would be limitless, running a government takes a whole lot of experience. We're seeing that right now with our reality-show adulterer-in-chief. I don't think the American people would take two inexperienced people in a row, no matter how much coller Prince is than our current resident of the White House.

BUT, I could see Prince being a VICE-president. He could have really done his thing in that position.

Brilliant answer Rodeo. razz



We're starting 2018's AWESOMENESS a few days early! hug

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 12/22/17 2:44pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

"Something...do not compute." disbelief

Shall no quarter be given and nan-other red cent spent...unless and until...RIGHT is done by Prince! hammer
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 12/22/17 5:34pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

cb0020d47045023af1005dc32e73ab31.gif

He would never give up music for politics.

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 12/23/17 10:49am

luvsexy4all

..and someone wrote in bugs bunny for a senate seat...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 12/23/17 10:53am

dodger

I think he’d rather be the Pope
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 12/23/17 10:57am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 12/24/17 4:47am

RJOrion

didnt he died?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 12/24/17 8:34am

Wlcm2thdwn3

avatar

Uh, NO !

How long do you wanna be loved. Is forever enough, is forever enough?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 12/24/17 11:12pm

FullLipsDotNos
e

avatar

"We're gonna get a female president soon." -Prince

full lips, freckles, and upturned nose
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 12/25/17 5:57am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

FullLipsDotNose said:

"We're gonna get a female president soon." -Prince

Jan Brewer in 2025

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 12/25/17 8:07am

thedoorkeeper

RJOrion said:

didnt he died?

He would be our first zombie President biggrin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 12/25/17 2:25pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

thedoorkeeper said:

RJOrion said:
didnt he died?
He would be our first zombie President biggrin

which would be fitting as we have a brainless one now

Anyone for banning the AR15 must be on the side of the criminal as once banned only criminals will have them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 12/25/17 2:33pm

Silvertongue7

Considering he mentioned a couple of times that he negotiated contracts by taking out his bible and asking the other side if they believed in it, that he sang about a theocratic order and that his attention span was not the best... maybe not. I mean, I loved the guy. But I also love my grandma, and she wouldn’t be a good president either.
Someone's in my body, someone's in my body...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 12/28/17 4:52pm

XxAxX

avatar

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 12/28/17 4:54pm

XxAxX

avatar

littlemissG said:

In infinite realities (Rick and Morty style) very much like ours. Prince runs for POTUS. What would that be like?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Imagine: Prince runs for President 2020