independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 11th Dec 2017 10:54am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince was reading David Icke's books?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/20/17 3:53pm

luvsexy4all

Prince was reading David Icke's books?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDwTJQuB_WI&feature=player_embedded

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/20/17 7:35pm

lust

avatar

Sad and embarrassing if he was into such nonsense.
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/20/17 7:52pm

ludwig

Now we know the inspiration for "The War".

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/20/17 9:13pm

Lovejunky

avatar

luvsexy4all said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDwTJQuB_WI&feature=player_embedded

SHows how willing he was to keep an o p e n mind...

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/20/17 10:27pm

SimonCharles

avatar

lust said:

Sad and embarrassing if he was into such nonsense.

Not necessarily...keep your friends close, and all that...If you don't know what the other side is saying, how can you debate with them?

Words are like shoes...
Try my shoes on...
https://simoncwilliamsblo...press.com/
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/21/17 1:09am

jaawwnn

avatar

Sure he loved his chemtrails and conspiracy theories. He probably thought the X-Files was a documentary, him and Robbie Williams off chasing aliens together.

[Edited 11/21/17 1:10am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/21/17 1:58am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

RIP sad
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/21/17 2:03am

BlueShakooo

lust said:

Sad and embarrassing if he was into such nonsense.

yeahthat

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/21/17 2:10am

Lovejunky

avatar

TheEnglishGent said:

https://www.youtube.com/w...r_embedded

the way David approached this, without judgement,

he looks at Princes so called "strangeness," his acknowledges his genius

as a musician, and that genius spilled into all areas of his life.

Beyond normal is the highest complement,

We was not Normal

neither was he abnormal..

He was Beyond..

Rather than branding him, a weirdo, as most do who arent able to tune into Princes frequency

David celebrates and offers the deepest respect to a person

who

was

TRULY

Dancing to his very own tune..

and those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane

by those

who could not hear the music


― Friedrich Nietzsche

[Edited 11/21/17 2:14am]

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/21/17 5:13am

jaawwnn

avatar

Topic to discuss: "Prince was reading David Icke's books?

L'ange bleu - moderator
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/21/17 9:08am

lust

avatar

Topic to discuss: "Prince was reading David Icke's books?

L'ange bleu - moderator
If the milk turns out to be sour, I aint the kinda pussy to drink it!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/21/17 9:14am

ThatWhiteDude

ludwig said:

Now we know the inspiration for "The War".

sorry, I quoted the wrong comment lol

[Edited 11/21/17 9:45am]

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/21/17 9:43am

luvsexy4all

Lovejunky said:

TheEnglishGent said:

https://www.youtube.com/w...r_embedded

the way David approached this, without judgement,

he looks at Princes so called "strangeness," his acknowledges his genius

as a musician, and that genius spilled into all areas of his life.

Beyond normal is the highest complement,

We was not Normal

neither was he abnormal..

He was Beyond..

Rather than branding him, a weirdo, as most do who arent able to tune into Princes frequency

David celebrates and offers the deepest respect to a person

who

was

TRULY

Dancing to his very own tune..

and those who were seen dancing

were thought to be insane

by those

who could not hear the music


― Friedrich Nietzsche

[Edited 11/21/17 2:14am]

a good place for newbies to get a grip on what u should know about ALL THIS involving him

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/21/17 9:45am

ThatWhiteDude

lust said:

Sad and embarrassing if he was into such nonsense.

That's probably the one thing I don't like about him

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/21/17 11:53am

PeteSilas

BlueShakooo said:

lust said:

Sad and embarrassing if he was into such nonsense.

yeahthat

it really is, i didn't waste another minute with icke once i heard the lizard people bullshit. I am saying this with some understanding and some delicacy but this society has really created this type of mindset with black folks, i'm talking about all the conspiracy nonsense. I've seen some intelligent black people just believe in the stupidest crap because of this paranoia, I understand it as an Indian but i see it as a huge weakness. You have to look at things as unbiasedly as possible, as hard as that is, lots of Indians are every bit and more paranoid as black folk. My brother told me he went to a book reading by Crazy Horse's descendents who think the government has persecuted their family, maybe they have but I usually tend to doubt that kind of thing. How do we let the white man twist our brains like that? I think it's a weakness because it leaves us open to assholes like this (usually of our own kind) to come in and lead us.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/21/17 2:13pm

laurarichardso
n

So because he read a book he was a core believer of this guy. Wow the critical thinking on this site is mind boggling.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/21/17 2:35pm

OperatingTheta
n

avatar

David Icke sells thousands of books, tours the world and sells out arena sized venues.

However, it isn't a faith and he isn't a guru. Many people who buy his books or attend his talks are exploring the subject or share ideas with Icke which over-lap.

If Prince did read Icke he would've appropriated what appealed to him and dismissed the rest as he did with most areas of interest.

I do think it's likely Prince read Icke because there are traces of that kind of thought in his lyrics and interviews, particularly from 2009 onwards.

Whatever your opinion of Icke, his video tribute to Prince is at least condiderate and respectful.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/21/17 2:51pm

jaawwnn

avatar

OperatingThetan said:

David Icke sells thousands of books, tours the world and sells out arena sized venues. However, it isn't a faith and he isn't a guru. Many people who buy his books or attend his talks are exploring the subject or share ideas with Icke which over-lap. If Prince did read Icke he would've appropriated what appealed to him and dismissed the rest as he did with most areas of interest. I do think it's likely Prince read Icke because there are traces of that kind of thought in his lyrics and interviews, particularly from 2009 onwards. Whatever your opinion of Icke, his video tribute to Prince is at least condiderate and respectful.

Fair point, well said.


 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/21/17 3:40pm

PeteSilas

OperatingThetan said:

David Icke sells thousands of books, tours the world and sells out arena sized venues. However, it isn't a faith and he isn't a guru. Many people who buy his books or attend his talks are exploring the subject or share ideas with Icke which over-lap. If Prince did read Icke he would've appropriated what appealed to him and dismissed the rest as he did with most areas of interest. I do think it's likely Prince read Icke because there are traces of that kind of thought in his lyrics and interviews, particularly from 2009 onwards. Whatever your opinion of Icke, his video tribute to Prince is at least condiderate and respectful.

naw naw, once a motherfucker starts talking about lizard people they lose me right there. Like i said, the psychological abuse black people and my own people have left us open to a lot of stupid shit, even smart people. Look at the garbage malcolm x believed in and he was about as smart as they get.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/21/17 4:36pm

bonatoc

avatar

BlueShakooo said:

lust said:

Sad and embarrassing if he was into such nonsense.

yeahthat



Let's give the Man a break. Everyone says or thinks Bull's Manure at some point in their life.
Prince was not your average Joe, and did not leave an average life.
It's only natural to be off on a few subjects when you're not part of the regular world.

I think the burqa statement was even worse.
But then again, the guy was sweet as a candy cane,
so I don't think it was something he truly meant.

Consider the whole of the political lyrics, SOTT the song aside.
Prince's view on the world has always been if not naive, if not misinformed,
kind of superficial, and possibly in this particular case, even biased.

I remember bashing Baltimore when it came out,
and now the song is one of my favourite of the latter years (the album version is way better).
I now dig the "peace and love" approach to an issue where at first, I thought it deserved a more "Run The Jewels" treatment.
So was Prince, looking at the world through a Paisley Park porthole while wearing purple glasses.
The world colors probably weren't the same to him.

Goodness will guide us if love is inside us
The colors are brighter, the bond is much tighter
You know no child's a failure
Until the blue sailboat sails him away from his dreams
Don't ever lose, don't ever lose, don't ever lose your dreams
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 11/22/17 8:16am

Mumio

avatar

bonatoc said:

BlueShakooo said:

yeahthat



Let's give the Man a break. Everyone says or thinks Bull's Manure at some point in their life.
Prince was not your average Joe, and did not leave an average life.
It's only natural to be off on a few subjects when you're not part of the regular world.

I think the burqa statement was even worse.
But then again, the guy was sweet as a candy cane,
so I don't think it was something he truly meant.

Consider the whole of the political lyrics, SOTT the song aside.
Prince's view on the world has always been if not naive, if not misinformed,
kind of superficial, and possibly in this particular case, even biased.

I remember bashing Baltimore when it came out,
and now the song is one of my favourite of the latter years (the album version is way better).
I now dig the "peace and love" approach to an issue where at first, I thought it deserved a more "Run The Jewels" treatment.
So was Prince, looking at the world through a Paisley Park porthole while wearing purple glasses.
The world colors probably weren't the same to him.



Exactly smile


Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 11/23/17 5:55am

jcurley

Mumio said:



bonatoc said:




BlueShakooo said:


yeahthat





Let's give the Man a break. Everyone says or thinks Bull's Manure at some point in their life.
Prince was not your average Joe, and did not leave an average life.
It's only natural to be off on a few subjects when you're not part of the regular world.

I think the burqa statement was even worse.
But then again, the guy was sweet as a candy cane,
so I don't think it was something he truly meant.

Consider the whole of the political lyrics, SOTT the song aside.
Prince's view on the world has always been if not naive, if not misinformed,
kind of superficial, and possibly in this particular case, even biased.

I remember bashing Baltimore when it came out,
and now the song is one of my favourite of the latter years (the album version is way better).
I now dig the "peace and love" approach to an issue where at first, I thought it deserved a more "Run The Jewels" treatment.
So was Prince, looking at the world through a Paisley Park porthole while wearing purple glasses.
The world colors probably weren't the same to him.





Exactly smile




Yeh.
I think Prince was so full of ideas and energy and yes, wasn't distracted by the drudgery if daily life, that he sort answers to life. He was curious about everything.

And not to big Prince up I think in a weird way it showed a humility in his part to even explore an explanation for things greater than himself.

If there is anything greater than Prince of course!!;
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 11/23/17 6:04am

ThatWhiteDude

Good point tho. I remember the time when I was a conspircacy theorist 2, I'm glad that I got myself out of it, because now I see how crazy this all is. I was one of those that think everything that happens is done by the government. I was really crazy. I too, tried to explain every little thing with a conspircacy. I know how fast you slip into that shit if you got the right mindset for it.

You have no idea why certain things happen? People like David Icke give you the answer, well it seems like they do.

As for Prince, I don't really think he really believed that kind of bullshit. Because at the end of the day, he was an intelligent man.

bonatoc said:

BlueShakooo said:

yeahthat



Let's give the Man a break. Everyone says or thinks Bull's Manure at some point in their life.
Prince was not your average Joe, and did not leave an average life.
It's only natural to be off on a few subjects when you're not part of the regular world.

I think the burqa statement was even worse.
But then again, the guy was sweet as a candy cane,
so I don't think it was something he truly meant.

Consider the whole of the political lyrics, SOTT the song aside.
Prince's view on the world has always been if not naive, if not misinformed,
kind of superficial, and possibly in this particular case, even biased.

I remember bashing Baltimore when it came out,
and now the song is one of my favourite of the latter years (the album version is way better).
I now dig the "peace and love" approach to an issue where at first, I thought it deserved a more "Run The Jewels" treatment.
So was Prince, looking at the world through a Paisley Park porthole while wearing purple glasses.
The world colors probably weren't the same to him.

"Like books and BLACK LIVES, Albums still MATTER."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 11/23/17 1:56pm

coldasice

Yep it's true. This has been discussed before. Prince thought Prince Charles was a reptile
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 11/23/17 11:55pm

TheVaultKeeper

Topic to discuss: "Prince was reading David Icke's books?

L'ange bleu - moderator

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 11/23/17 11:59pm

TheVaultKeeper

David Icke says a lot of crazy stuff but not everything he says is crazy. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 11/24/17 12:58am

jaawwnn

avatar

Topic to discuss: "Prince was reading David Icke's books?

L'ange bleu - moderator
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 11/24/17 2:15am

TheVaultKeeper

Topic to discuss: "Prince was reading David Icke's books?

L'ange bleu - moderator

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 11/24/17 3:42am

poppys

Topic to discuss: "Prince was reading David Icke's books?

L'ange bleu - moderator

If your last December came, what would u do?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 11/24/17 3:52am

Lovejunky

avatar

Topic to discuss: "Prince was reading David Icke's books?

L'ange bleu - moderator

“LOVE IS THE MASTERPLAN”
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince was reading David Icke's books?