independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 25th Sep 2017 11:54am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > NEW LEAK - Crucial ("Demo")
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/16/17 9:18pm

bluegangsta

avatar

NEW LEAK - Crucial ("Demo")

It appears to be an edit of sorts? Never been a big fan of the track, so I'm not sure.

[Edited 7/17/17 19:12pm]

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/16/17 9:23pm

FragileUnderto
w

avatar

i need to expect this with earphones on, but it appears to be an edit

hmm the 2;40 minute mark sounds like its a different vocals than what appear on the know tracks, that or is just edited diffrent..

[Edited 7/16/17 21:27pm]

Cant believe my purple psychedelic pimp slap pimp2

And I descend from grace, In arms of undertow
I will take my place, In the great below
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/16/17 10:03pm

airth

avatar

Sounds to me like the main song he recorded before extending it with guitar or sax. The beginning doesn't have either, indicating it should be the September 86 version. But you can just hear the guitar coming in at the end, which makes it sound suspiciously like an edit. I think it's probably also an early mix as a few sections seem to stand out more when compared to what was released.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/16/17 11:50pm

leadline

FragileUndertow said:

i need to expect this with earphones on, but it appears to be an edit

hmm the 2;40 minute mark sounds like its a different vocals than what appear on the know tracks, that or is just edited diffrent..

[Edited 7/16/17 21:27pm]


Not different lyrics, he is just singing it different at that spot.

Too bad this is an edit, but hey, I am grateful to have this.

[Edited 7/16/17 23:51pm]

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/17/17 12:52am

IstenSzek

avatar

the vocals are different in parts, especially toward the end cool

and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/17/17 3:27am

sulls

avatar

Love this less-produced version! Wish it was full-length!

"I like to watch."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/17/17 4:17am

SchlomoThaHomo

avatar

The final "Jack of all trades/and a mind and body well made" part has a different vocal. Some different keyboard sounds, and different intro of course. One of my faves.

"That's when stars collide. When there's space for what u want, and ur heart is open wide."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/17/17 5:06am

love2thenines2
003

Great collection indeed.....hope to see more Leaks today ? And more unreleased stuff too ? cool
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/17/17 7:12pm

bluegangsta

avatar

love2thenines2003 said:

Great collection indeed.....hope to see more Leaks today ? And more unreleased stuff too ? cool

They're coming (like a dog in heat).

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/17/17 9:23pm

leadline

Any word of any more stuff on the way that is not on the new eye release?

"You always get the dream that you deserve, from what you value the most" -Prince 2013
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/18/17 7:03am

ItsOnlyMountai
ns

avatar

Yah, when is Hey Hannigan going to leak?!? lol

Hey you! Get out on this dance floor!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/18/17 7:07am

BlueShakooo

Prince is my favourite guitar player.

Eric Leeds is my favourite saxophone player.

Still I think that this 'Crucial'-Version with neither guitar nor saxophone is the best...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/18/17 7:17am

Guitarhero

avatar

Beautiful! heart

Love and miss you so much Julita xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx heart Rest in Peace
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/20/17 11:45pm

scififilmnerd

avatar

airth said:

Sounds to me like the main song he recorded before extending it with guitar or sax. The beginning doesn't have either, indicating it should be the September 86 version. But you can just hear the guitar coming in at the end, which makes it sound suspiciously like an edit. I think it's probably also an early mix as a few sections seem to stand out more when compared to what was released.

yeahthat

rainbow woot! FREE THE 29 MAY 1993 COME CONFIGURATION! woot! rainbow
rainbow woot! FREE THE 1994 CHAOS AND DISORDER CONFIGURATION woot! rainbow
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/21/17 12:30am

BoraBora



Now, "Crucial" was and is always in my P's Top Parade, so this is a great discovery and a great treasure to me.

Unfortunately, knowing well what is to come after the fade-out, it's a little frustrating to listen to it.

Again hoping a full lenght version in this sound quality will leak sooner or later ("sax" or "guitar" or "demo", doesn't matter at all).



  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/21/17 5:31am

fourletterword
s

Stylistically, I think 1999 would fare best today. Even Parade (especially when considering D'Angelo's general success on the last album) and SOTT I believe would have more success than PR. Neither of those albums sound (for the most part) as fixed in the 80s. With some updated production, something like Forever in my life I believe would have potential to chart... Even Around the World in a Day, given the more Retro sensibilities that have intermittently dominated, perhaps if She's always in my hair was replaced for Temptation, or some alt track listing, would have a more endearing sound.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/21/17 6:02am

novabrkr

fourletterwords said:

Stylistically, I think 1999 would fare best today. Even Parade (especially when considering D'Angelo's general success on the last album) and SOTT I believe would have more success than PR. Neither of those albums sound (for the most part) as fixed in the 80s. With some updated production, something like Forever in my life I believe would have potential to chart... Even Around the World in a Day, given the more Retro sensibilities that have intermittently dominated, perhaps if She's always in my hair was replaced for Temptation, or some alt track listing, would have a more endearing sound.


Wrong thread? lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > NEW LEAK - Crucial ("Demo")