independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 24th Apr 2017 3:54pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > EXCLUSIVE - Purple Rain Deluxe Tracklist Revealed!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 9 of 19 « First<5678910111213>Last »

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #240 posted 04/20/17 2:37am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

TheFman said:

soladeo1 said:

Frankly I'd pay $50 cold hard cash JUST for a re-mastered 9 track PURPLE RAIN.

Prince's 80's albums are so in need of a fresh sonic shine.


I wouldn't give a dime for any remastered version of any album of any artist.
How it came out is how it's supposed to sound.
get yourself the original vinyl album (no fancy 180 gr rubbish) and a high-end turntable and audio installation, and there's no need for any remastered PR album!

.

Utter BS. Those vinyl releases are already compromises. Have you ever been to a recording studio and listened to a recording on their $100,000 speakers?

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #241 posted 04/20/17 2:46am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

Dibblekins said:

ForceofNature said:

I had the great pleasure of meeting and speaking with Susan Rogers about this release fairly recently and based on what she said about the care they are putting into finding the right versions in the vaults, I think its ok to get excited haha. The fact that she seemed pleased at the care WB is taking for this release is enough for me to feel excited for it, and to have full studio mastered versions of my favorite Prince outtakes makes this great for me.

When she told me they were scouring the vaults making sure the specific version of Wonderful Ass coming out is the one that Prince would have wanted out - that sealed the deal for me.

To me, that suggests Prince hadn't okayed a disc containing unreleased tracks from the vault - because you'd think he would have already selected the versions he wanted on any such disc.

.

To me it suggests Prince was blocking/sabotaging this release (hence it not appearing in 2015), and the estate now helping out WBR deliver a decent package so the ongoing contract (between WBR and Prince) can be moved on.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #242 posted 04/20/17 2:48am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

jaawwnn said:

as i've said multiple times in this thread, there should be another cd of unreleased music on this release.


For clarity, and if anyone is interested, here is a copy of the original press release by Warner where they clearly state that included will be two cd's of unreleased music which, assuming this list is correct, is not the case.

.

Technically those tracks are unreleased in this particular mastering version. See also: WBR's claims WRT "previously unreleased on CD" tracks on 4Ever. This is record company speak.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #243 posted 04/20/17 2:51am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

bluegangsta said:

KlyphIsBackAgain said:

purpleprime said: Not only that but I remember when this set was first announced people on these boards were saying that the extended versions/etc NEEDED to be in this set for completion. What can I say, it's the internet....

The extended versions are needed. The edited versions are not - we already have them numerous times over and no one really cares for them.

[Edited 4/19/17 18:38pm]

.

Nonsense. These packages NEED to include all those things, in equal mastering quality. You shouldn't need to seek out dozens of other releases to collect these all, they should be part of a single package. But they're the bare minimum, especially WRT Prince.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #244 posted 04/20/17 2:58am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

disc 3 is 75 Mins long that is about the length of 2 albums... they could have given them spread out on 2 cds... so i am fine with this set

.

Oh come on. You lot seriously come up with the lamest excuses. This is a compilation, and thus there is no reason to apply an arbitrary limit based on the limitations of an outdated format.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #245 posted 04/20/17 3:21am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

BartVanHemelen said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

disc 3 is 75 Mins long that is about the length of 2 albums... they could have given them spread out on 2 cds... so i am fine with this set

.

Oh come on. You lot seriously come up with the lamest excuses. This is a compilation, and thus there is no reason to apply an arbitrary limit based on the limitations of an outdated format.

well, at least it was a positive. We are getting 2 album's worth of stuff

Life is just a party and parties weren't meant to last~ 21,138 days
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #246 posted 04/20/17 3:30am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

BartVanHemelen said:

.

Oh come on. You lot seriously come up with the lamest excuses. This is a compilation, and thus there is no reason to apply an arbitrary limit based on the limitations of an outdated format.

well, at least it was a positive. We are getting 2 album's worth of stuff

Supposed to be getting two albums of unreleased stuff. I'm happy with disc 3, but was expecting another disc like that.

RIP sad
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #247 posted 04/20/17 3:33am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

TheEnglishGent said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

well, at least it was a positive. We are getting 2 album's worth of stuff

Supposed to be getting two albums of unreleased stuff. I'm happy with disc 3, but was expecting another disc like that.

me too! given what we know is out there! Like the longer "Beautiful ones."

I was hoping for stuff I had not even heard of... (and I am not whining about having most of this stuff in some form). I just hope this is not indicative of what is really in the vault.

Life is just a party and parties weren't meant to last~ 21,138 days
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #248 posted 04/20/17 3:38am

master

abit gutted by tracklist . no associated artists apollonia, time or modernaire or wednesday because that is probably an ssociated artist song. no demos

even the casual fans would prefer that to 7" edits of tracks .That is just an easy/lazy option. Now we have same song about 3 times and not even the more interesting demoes like beautiful ones and extended purple rain with extra lyrics just edits. .

I hope they did not listen to databank as he kept crying that only prince could be on it and it looks like earlier tracklist got changed so they have listened to some fans just not the right ones. . He as got the tracklist he deserves. He is probably jumping for joy and living the dream. . But like a punch in the gut to me .

Even the casaul fan will not want shorten versions. Having same song 3 times will bore them they could have had associated stuff .

1st disc. why just leave at purple rain only you could have 50 minutes more on that?.

why spred this thing out and give as little as possible.?

easy money like i said . it as descent songs but it is the minimum expected and could have been so much more.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #249 posted 04/20/17 3:39am

MIRvmn

TheEnglishGent said:



OnlyNDaUsa said:




BartVanHemelen said:



.


Oh come on. You lot seriously come up with the lamest excuses. This is a compilation, and thus there is no reason to apply an arbitrary limit based on the limitations of an outdated format.





well, at least it was a positive. We are getting 2 album's worth of stuff



Supposed to be getting two albums of unreleased stuff. I'm happy with disc 3, but was expecting another disc like that.


Yes I'm also very disappointed that there's not 2 albums of unreleased music as they promised so I'm not that excited about this release.
Thunder, all through the night
Promise to see Jesus in the morning light
Take my hand, it'll be alright
C'mon save your soul tonight
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #250 posted 04/20/17 3:39am

TheFman

BartVanHemelen said:

TheFman said:


I wouldn't give a dime for any remastered version of any album of any artist.
How it came out is how it's supposed to sound.
get yourself the original vinyl album (no fancy 180 gr rubbish) and a high-end turntable and audio installation, and there's no need for any remastered PR album!

.

Utter BS. Those vinyl releases are already compromises. Have you ever been to a recording studio and listened to a recording on their $100,000 speakers?

There are two things with remasters:
1- the overall sound quality (your point above)

2- differences in mixing: my point. For example, remastered Megadeth's Hangar 18 compared to the original one is a completely different beast. Sure the sound is 'better' but the mixing is totally wrong. Just the intro alone, where other instruments get to the foreground much more. THIS is not how it's supposed to sound. Is it was, they would have done it back than. That's my issue with remasters.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #251 posted 04/20/17 3:42am

MIRvmn

master said:

abit gutted by tracklist . no associated artists apollonia, time or modernaire or wednesday because that is probably an ssociated artist song. no demos


even the casual fans would prefer that to 7" edits of tracks .That is just an easy/lazy option. Now we have same song about 3 times and not even the more interesting demoes like beautiful ones and extended purple rain with extra lyrics just edits. .


I hope they did not listen to databank as he kept crying that only prince could be on it and it looks like earlier tracklist got changed so they have listened to some fans just not the right ones. . He as got the tracklist he deserves. He is probably jumping for joy and living the dream. . But like a punch in the gut to me .


Even the casaul fan will not want shorten versions. Having same song 3 times will bore them they could have had associated stuff .


1st disc. why just leave at purple rain only you could have 50 minutes more on that?.


why spred this thing out and give as little as possible.?


easy money like i said . it as descent songs but it is the minimum expected and could have been so much more.


Yes this release could have been something really special, disc 2 feels like slap in the face, such a waste
Thunder, all through the night
Promise to see Jesus in the morning light
Take my hand, it'll be alright
C'mon save your soul tonight
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #252 posted 04/20/17 3:48am

PURPLEIZED3121

BartVanHemelen said:

Graycap23 said:

Wow......they need their asses whipped for this.

This is a MAJOR letdown.

Who the hell needs a disk of 7" edits?

Where is the list of songs from the other artists that appeared on the movie?

There is only 1 song on the Prince Disk 3 that we don't already have.

What a letdown.

.

Gotta love how people pretend that WBR are to blame, and not the dude who blocked these kind of releases for decades.

.

That said: this would have been a decent release as a first attempt back in say... 1999 (15th anniversary). Barely good enough in 2004. In 2017? Pathetic. We should be getting alternate versions for most album tracks, at least several concerts, relevant outtakes (no "Wednesday"?),...

.

Oh well, let's hope the estate gets their shit together soon and that WBR et al collaborate with Princologists to deliver a stunning package in... 2019?

ha we live in hope. Estate & those advising really do seem clueless. The sooner they get fans input the better. I fear the same frustrations we have with our beloved Prince will continue for years to come...by that time I'll be deaf & rockin in a wheel chair in an OAP's home!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #253 posted 04/20/17 4:04am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

PURPLEIZED3121 said:

BartVanHemelen said:

.

Gotta love how people pretend that WBR are to blame, and not the dude who blocked these kind of releases for decades.

.

That said: this would have been a decent release as a first attempt back in say... 1999 (15th anniversary). Barely good enough in 2004. In 2017? Pathetic. We should be getting alternate versions for most album tracks, at least several concerts, relevant outtakes (no "Wednesday"?),...

.

Oh well, let's hope the estate gets their shit together soon and that WBR et al collaborate with Princologists to deliver a stunning package in... 2019?

ha we live in hope. Estate & those advising really do seem clueless. The sooner they get fans input the better. I fear the same frustrations we have with our beloved Prince will continue for years to come...by that time I'll be deaf & rockin in a wheel chair in an OAP's home!

haaahaaahaahaaaaaa MOOOOO!!!!! Look into the Crytal Ball. Purple Rain Deluxe edition volume 3 in 2027. $$$ Cow. MoooBart!

Ezekiel 25:17 "Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #254 posted 04/20/17 4:39am

donnyenglish

bluegangsta said:



donnyenglish said:


Where is G Spot?

Assuming you're a man; up your ass.

[Edited 4/19/17 19:56pm]



FINALLY, someone with a real sense of humor.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #255 posted 04/20/17 4:43am

jaypotton

Clearly disappointing that the "two albums of unreleased material" actually equates to just one CD worth (I think WB were being tricksy with their wording and will use the excuse that you cannot call it "two CDs" for people who buy it as a download. In addition if this is also released on vinyl then CD3 WILL have to be spread over two "albums".

Nonetheless the press release was misleading.

That aside CD2 was obvious. It was ALWAYS going to be single edits and 12 inch edits and b-sides. It is a set for completists and that is the complete set of officially released tracks for Purple Rain.

Would hardcore fans have preferred alternate versions of songs - hell yeah!

Somebody above complained that the single edits and b-sides could have been on CD1 after the Purple Rain album = NO NO NO. That would be plain wrong. PR remastered and experienced as originally intended only please!

CD3 looks damn good to me. Yes like many people I have most of these on bootleg but if these are truly in pristine quality then I am really excited.

I too am surprised to see We Can Fuck and Wonderful Ass. It certainly says to me that Prince had no involvement in THIS version of the PR remaster...

In fact I speculate that Prince's version of the remaster would have ONLY had one or two unreleased songs with Electric Intercourse being almost certain (as he played it live for the first time in years in 2014). Pure speculation but I think the Prince approved PR remaster would have been two CDs with CD1 being PR and CD2 being b-sides, 12 inch edits, possibly one of the alternate Computer Blue versions and one or two unreleased.

Quite why PR got delayed I guess we might never really know.

At the end of the day despite all the bitching on this thread I bet almost everyone on the ORG will buy this anyway!

We should all want this to be a big success because if it is it will encourage WBR (and hopefully Universal if they can satisfy themselves with the post 1995 releases and vault) to get the ball rolling on more deluxe and vault releases.
'I loved him then, I love him now and will love him eternally. He's with our son now.' Mayte 21st April 2016 = the saddest quote I have ever read! RIP Prince and thanks for everything.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #256 posted 04/20/17 4:50am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

TheFman said:

BartVanHemelen said:

.

Utter BS. Those vinyl releases are already compromises. Have you ever been to a recording studio and listened to a recording on their $100,000 speakers?

There are two things with remasters:
1- the overall sound quality (your point above)

2- differences in mixing: my point. For example, remastered Megadeth's Hangar 18 compared to the original one is a completely different beast. Sure the sound is 'better' but the mixing is totally wrong. Just the intro alone, where other instruments get to the foreground much more. THIS is not how it's supposed to sound. Is it was, they would have done it back than. That's my issue with remasters.

.

Using Megadeath as an example is ridiculous. Mustaine fucked so much with those. Those weren't remasters, those were Mustaine rewriting history and "fixing" errors caused by him being blind drunk at the time. Using those as examples is like using that painting of Jesus as restored by that old lady as evidence of how restoration is a bad thing.

.

Instead, look up the Dylan remasters from a couple of years ago.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #257 posted 04/20/17 4:53am

paulludvig

Looking forward to the 10 min version of WCF. I have a 10 min version already, but that one features overdubs by George Clinton. Wonder what this version is like.
The wooh is on the one!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #258 posted 04/20/17 4:53am

FUNKNROLL

Looking forward to CD3.

CD2 seems odd after considering the legend that he turned in around / over 100 songs for the Purple Rain project. Why not throw in a CD w/a "Runner Up" tracklist?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #259 posted 04/20/17 4:56am

master

jaypotton said:

Would hardcore fans have preferred alternate versions of songs - hell yeah! Somebody above complained that the single edits and b-sides could have been on CD1 after the Purple Rain album = NO NO NO. That would be plain wrong. PR remastered and experienced as originally intended only please!

it would not been wrong to fill the rest of disc 1 with musics? you would not want 50 minutes more on your disc. . of course you would.

you could always stop you disc after 9 tracks or just program in 9 tracks.if want to listen to just album.

An absolute waste and again listening to fans is a bad idea if this is the way they think . .We want more music not less. . It lets them get away with giving less stuff out saying just want 30 minutes music on disc.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #260 posted 04/20/17 4:58am

hw3004

i think the edits are historically important and should be on the set...just don't think I'll be listening to them that often..

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #261 posted 04/20/17 5:00am

tbokris

What are the chances this 3 cd set will be released on vinyl in full? The second and thid discs would need to be spread across 3 vinyls at least.

It would be great if it was a 3 vinyl set of the PR album + non 7" mixes of the b-sides plus the 3rd disc.


I imagine a remastered single vinyl of the album only

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #262 posted 04/20/17 5:01am

master

PURPLEIZED3121 said:

The sooner they get fans input the better. I fear the same frustrations we have with our beloved Prince will continue for years to come...by that time I'll be deaf & rockin in a wheel chair in an OAP's home!

again a big no to listen to fans. Databank cried like a girl and wanted no associated stuff so they listened i think as earlier tracklist we got shown had them on.. And the last fan said only wants 30 minutes on discs 1 when could have an extra 50 minutes music. They just need someones who know what there doing and be generous on a release and give you a decent release which would have been easy with this

Rather than milking it and giving you as little as possible so afew years down the line the release another version. The star wars syndrome

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #263 posted 04/20/17 5:04am

jaypotton

master said:



jaypotton said:


Would hardcore fans have preferred alternate versions of songs - hell yeah! Somebody above complained that the single edits and b-sides could have been on CD1 after the Purple Rain album = NO NO NO. That would be plain wrong. PR remastered and experienced as originally intended only please!

it would not been wrong to fill the rest of disc 1 with musics? you would not want 50 minutes more on your disc. . of course you would.


you could always stop you disc after 9 tracks or just program in 9 tracks.if want to listen to just album.


An absolute waste and again listening to fans is a bad idea if this is the way they think . .We want more music not less. . It lets them get away with giving less stuff out saying just want 30 minutes music on disc.



Oh for sure I would want more music (it would be about 35 mins more if I am being pedantic) but personally I would prefer that on another CD and keep the "album" as intended. Remember it will also be bought as a download so those unknowing youngsters may think all those b-sides were part of the "album". Maybe I am just old school but I would want to protect the integrity of the "album" Prince created biggrin

The other thing people need to recognise is that, as Billy Sparks said, "this is a bidness mother fucker" [sic] and WB don't want to blow all their exploitable assets in one go. They can milk the Vault for years to come and can even milk PR further with the ultimate super duper deluxe edition with the 2 track demo version of the solo bass track intended for When Doves Cry included (I am joking but you see the point...record companies are still exploiting the Beatles recordings years later by releasing ever more obscure versions of known songs etc).
'I loved him then, I love him now and will love him eternally. He's with our son now.' Mayte 21st April 2016 = the saddest quote I have ever read! RIP Prince and thanks for everything.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #264 posted 04/20/17 5:06am

jaypotton

master said:



PURPLEIZED3121 said:




The sooner they get fans input the better. I fear the same frustrations we have with our beloved Prince will continue for years to come...by that time I'll be deaf & rockin in a wheel chair in an OAP's home!




again a big no to listen to fans. Databank cried like a girl and wanted no associated stuff so they listened i think as earlier tracklist we got shown had them on.. And the last fan said only wants 30 minutes on discs 1 when could have an extra 50 minutes music. They just need someones who know what there doing and be generous on a release and give you a decent release which would have been easy with this


Rather than milking it and giving you as little as possible so afew years down the line the release another version. The star wars syndrome



Disagree with you there. None of the associated artist material should have been included. There deserves to be a separate associated artist remasters.
'I loved him then, I love him now and will love him eternally. He's with our son now.' Mayte 21st April 2016 = the saddest quote I have ever read! RIP Prince and thanks for everything.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #265 posted 04/20/17 5:07am

master

jaypotton said:

master said:

it would not been wrong to fill the rest of disc 1 with musics? you would not want 50 minutes more on your disc. . of course you would.

you could always stop you disc after 9 tracks or just program in 9 tracks.if want to listen to just album.

An absolute waste and again listening to fans is a bad idea if this is the way they think . .We want more music not less. . It lets them get away with giving less stuff out saying just want 30 minutes music on disc.

Oh for sure I would want more music (it would be about 35 mins more if I am being pedantic) but personally I would prefer that on another CD and keep the "album" as intended. Remember it will also be bought as a download so those unknowing youngsters may think all those b-sides were part of the "album". Maybe I am just old school but I would want to protect the integrity of the "album" Prince created biggrin The other thing people need to recognise is that, as Billy Sparks said, "this is a bidness mother fucker" [sic] and WB don't want to blow all their exploitable assets in one go. They can milk the Vault for years to come and can even milk PR further with the ultimate super duper deluxe edition with the 2 track demo version of the solo bass track intended for When Doves Cry included (I am joking but you see the point...record companies are still exploiting the Beatles recordings years later by releasing ever more obscure versions of known songs etc).

about 18 million of us already have the original 9 track album and most are after the unheard vault stuff. youngsters just want to listen to good songs.they have given us 1 cd of new material in reality on this release

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #266 posted 04/20/17 5:12am

jaypotton

master said:



jaypotton said:


master said:


it would not been wrong to fill the rest of disc 1 with musics? you would not want 50 minutes more on your disc. . of course you would.


you could always stop you disc after 9 tracks or just program in 9 tracks.if want to listen to just album.


An absolute waste and again listening to fans is a bad idea if this is the way they think . .We want more music not less. . It lets them get away with giving less stuff out saying just want 30 minutes music on disc.



Oh for sure I would want more music (it would be about 35 mins more if I am being pedantic) but personally I would prefer that on another CD and keep the "album" as intended. Remember it will also be bought as a download so those unknowing youngsters may think all those b-sides were part of the "album". Maybe I am just old school but I would want to protect the integrity of the "album" Prince created biggrin The other thing people need to recognise is that, as Billy Sparks said, "this is a bidness mother fucker" [sic] and WB don't want to blow all their exploitable assets in one go. They can milk the Vault for years to come and can even milk PR further with the ultimate super duper deluxe edition with the 2 track demo version of the solo bass track intended for When Doves Cry included (I am joking but you see the point...record companies are still exploiting the Beatles recordings years later by releasing ever more obscure versions of known songs etc).

about 18 million of us already have the original 9 track album and most are after the unheard vault stuff. youngsters just want to listen to good songs.they have given us 1 cd of new material in reality on this release



I think for the most part we are violently agreeing lol

As my first post said, this is disappointing and WB have been misleading (though as I also said, they will have ways to spin this).

I was really excited to be getting "two albums of unreleased material" as I like others read this as "two CDs of unreleased material". If this track list is correct (and it appears to be) then that is not what we are getting.

So disappointment aside the question is, will we all be buying this? Bet you will!!!! I certainly will!

Oh and again being pedantic, millions of people do indeed own PR already and therefore have these songs but ZERO people own them in remastered quality...just saying biggrin
[Edited 4/20/17 5:18am]
'I loved him then, I love him now and will love him eternally. He's with our son now.' Mayte 21st April 2016 = the saddest quote I have ever read! RIP Prince and thanks for everything.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #267 posted 04/20/17 5:28am

PURPLEIZED3121

SuperFurryAnimal said:

PURPLEIZED3121 said:

ha we live in hope. Estate & those advising really do seem clueless. The sooner they get fans input the better. I fear the same frustrations we have with our beloved Prince will continue for years to come...by that time I'll be deaf & rockin in a wheel chair in an OAP's home!

haaahaaahaahaaaaaa MOOOOO!!!!! Look into the Crytal Ball. Purple Rain Deluxe edition volume 3 in 2027. $$$ Cow. MoooBart!

can someone please supply subtitles?...i don't speak gibberish! razz

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #268 posted 04/20/17 5:32am

bluegangsta

avatar

hw3004 said:

i think the edits are historically important and should be on the set...just don't think I'll be listening to them that often..

They are on the compilations. They can waste their historical significance on there.

Always cry 4 love, never cry 4 pain.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #269 posted 04/20/17 5:39am

jjam

SoulAlive said:

EnDoRpHn said:

Just saw a post on FB claiming that the OP was served with a copyright takedown notice by WBR.

Why are Warners acting so secretive about this release? rolleyes The info is out there,let the fans enjoy the news! They should have given us a full tracklist weeks ago! I don't like the way they're delaying things and now they're apparenty still trying to keep this info under wraps....wtf

Being involved in the industry, a lot of advance planning goes into these things and I've been insistent for a while that there'd be a press release about this tomorrow. On reflection, I truly believe that Warners want to get this right. They'd see something as this "leaked" reveal as a bit of a spanner in the works, in terms of them trying to maximise press coverage, on the sad anniversary of his passing.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 9 of 19 « First<5678910111213>Last »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)

This is a "featured" topic! — From here you can jump to the « previous or next » featured topic.

« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > EXCLUSIVE - Purple Rain Deluxe Tracklist Revealed!