independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 11th Dec 2017 7:02am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Where Are You?: Denial, Bargaining, Depression, Anger, Acceptance
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 10 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/26/16 3:40am

Grog

avatar

Where Are You?: Denial, Bargaining, Depression, Anger, Acceptance

Let's face it, we're all going through at least one of these stages of grief and will likely continue to do so for quite some time. I think it's healthy to identify where you are and deal with the reality of your specific stage or stages. This link could be useful:http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/mental-health-coping-with-grief

There are other sources out there as well. I am glad we are all here for each other (We need love4oneanother, y'all, love4oneanother).

Peace,

Grog

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/26/16 3:44am

machinegun

avatar

Grog said:

Let's face it, we're all going through at least one of these stages of grief and will likely continue to do so for quite some time. I think it's healthy to identify where you are and deal with the reality of your specific stage or stages. This link could be useful:http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/mental-health-coping-with-grief

There are other sources out there as well. I am glad we are all here for each other (We need love4oneanother, y'all, love4oneanother).

Peace,

Grog

I was thinking about starting a thread on this..definitely deep in mourning but I feel an anger starting. Angry that he was alone at death, angry that such a loved person was potentially neglected. Angry that a few days earlier he was unresponsive on the plane and rushed to emergency and yet allowed to go home. Where was his guardian? Who was looking out for him? How could he die alone? It didn't need to happen, it's wrong, and I'm angry as well as deeply upset. He was too young.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/26/16 3:47am

nursev

Definitely anger.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/26/16 3:53am

paisleyperk

Denial.

The fact that Sometimes it Snows in April was written the same day he died, just 36 years earlier? That's when the facade came down.

I was lucky to see the Welcome 2 shows in Oak and some of the Vegas gigs at 3121, but the man was hard on his fans in these later years. P's own weird relationship with his fans gave me distance. But it's starting to crumble.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/26/16 4:00am

dJJ

I'm in denial and I like it there.

Not going to move on to any of the other stages. Just going to pretend it did not happen.

It did not happen.

99% of my posts are ironic. Maybe this post sides with the other 1%.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/26/16 4:02am

NorthC

Denial is always the first one. You don't want to believe it! But that phase doesn't last long. I've never been angry when someone died because death is a part of life, but when somebody dies young, it makes you feel extra sad. When my wife died, yes I felt depression. And you can feel depression and acceptance at the same time. In Prince's case, I accepted it pretty quickly although it still feels unreal. But when I listen to his music, he still alive.
I don't really understand "bargaining". I know what it means in buying and selling, agreeing on a price, but in this context, I don't know what it means. (Maybe because I'm not a native speaker?)
Don't ever lose your dreams.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/26/16 4:05am

pyramidseye

avatar

Sadness and numbness... Numbness towards life.

"Cuz I've seen the top and it's just a dream"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/26/16 4:11am

Grog

avatar

NorthC said:

Denial is always the first one. You don't want to believe it! But that phase doesn't last long. I've never been angry when someone died because death is a part of life, but when somebody dies young, it makes you feel extra sad. When my wife died, yes I felt depression. And you can feel depression and acceptance at the same time. In Prince's case, I accepted it pretty quickly although it still feels unreal. But when I listen to his music, he still alive. I don't really understand "bargaining". I know what it means in buying and selling, agreeing on a price, but in this context, I don't know what it means. (Maybe because I'm not a native speaker?)

  • Bargaining: This stage may involve persistent thoughts about what could have been done to prevent the loss. People can become preoccupied about ways that things could have been better. If this stage is not properly resolved, intense feelings of remorse or guilt may interfere with the healing process. http://www.webmd.com/ment...with-grief

NorthC, I think this stage applies to people who feel that they could have prevented a tragedy and therefore feel somewhat responsible for the tragedy. I don't think this stage applies to the org. Thanks for responding.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/26/16 4:12am

antonb

Disappointed and angry that he was left on his own. Because I have a feeling that had he not been, he still would be alive.We all know how strong willed Prince was, and maybe told all his inner circle to go home. But sometimes in stints tell you to stick around . If you have a sick relative or something you keep an eye on them. He was dropped off at 8 and nobody tried to contact him till the morning! That to me is pretty bad. And worrying that these close friends now could have a say in his legacy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/26/16 4:13am

Chianna

avatar

It is not easy to say at which stage of grieving I am now, I cry a lot, sleep little and think of him all the time. Watching movie of his made me feel a little bit better yesterday but that only lasted 1h 20 min. I just miss him and I am sorry that he is gone,sorry that so many peoples are hurting now, this helplessness is just horrible.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/26/16 4:14am

Guitarhero

avatar

Anger and depression , always had depression before this happened. Amm just empty

Love and miss you so much Julita xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx heart Rest in Peace. I'm heartbroken bheart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/26/16 4:17am

funkaholic1972

avatar

Between denial and acceptance. I accept that he has died, but I still can't really believe it. I thought he would continue releasing records and performing well into his eighties. It wasn't meant to be though, apparently. neutral

RIP Prince: thank U 4 a funky Time!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/26/16 4:18am

strawberrybubb
legum

avatar

Anger. Denial went when I saw everyone around me burst out crying.

I think the next phase is bargain or something. I am not sure what that could even mean in this context.

Whatever you heard about me is true
I change the rules and do what I wanna do
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/26/16 4:21am

emesem

Im M A F! And will be for some time. An utterly preposterous way to go whether flu or painkillers. Left alone by his so called friendz. Thats also on him. No will? What?
[Edited 4/26/16 4:30am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/26/16 4:24am

TessDeKegel

Don't know where I am all I know is I am surprised by my emotional reaction. I have bursted into tears twice now in public .. it's like every inch of my soul is refusing to accept it. It hurts... all I know is, it hurts.

~I've seen the future and it will be. I've seen the future and it works.~
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/26/16 4:26am

Erika2k8

I'M flirting between denial and acceptance. I can't believe he is physically gone, but I believe he's somewhere special. Still reigning but now closer to the maker.

Been to paisley park, seen him perform numerous times in London, Uk. Interviewed people very close to him - it is shock to everyone. He was my idol, I came to this site 07/08 and grew my prince fandom here...I am just shocked but will go on. He has influenced me greately. And the world.

more here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEnffcaEFu6/?taken-by=prophets_of_rock

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/26/16 4:34am

MattyJam

avatar

I think I've reached acceptance. I was very sad and depressed about it for the first four days, but unfortunately I've had quite a lot of tragic loss in my life, so I think I adjust quicker than most to new realities.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/26/16 4:34am

MissMarySharon

Depression. I feel worse today following a better day yesterday. A deep sadness and sense of loss. Have low energy and don't want to talk to people in daily life. Just want to be in quiet places.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/26/16 4:40am

Starlit

pyramidseye said:

Sadness and numbness... Numbness towards life.

I have no idea what stage I'm in. I just know I'm emotionally drained. I feel this yeahthat

I'm in denial. But I'm also angry : angry at all the people who want there moment in the spotlight now that he's gone - all the people "who were so close to him" and "who knew him so well", but they 're all saying different things. Angry and sad because he was alone in that elevator when he died.

Worried about that will - if there is one : I don't want anything "our little controlfreak" wouldn't have wanted to happen to his music.

I'm crying for me because I miss him more than words can say and I'm crying for him, because of all the time he's not getting anymore this earth...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/26/16 4:45am

missfee

avatar

Definitely haven't accepted it yet I don't think. Still sad, a little angry and confused.

I will forever love and miss you...my sweet Prince.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/26/16 4:45am

FunkiestOne

avatar

You can bounce around in them, but I think I'm coming out of some of the depression into the anger stage. He shouldn't be gone. I dont know whose fault it is and who I should be angry at, but I'm angry at someone or some thing.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/26/16 4:49am

sarielthrawn

avatar

Some combination of all of them, depending on the moment. Someone at work mentioned table tennis today and I almost lost it because it made me think of him.

I read this article today too:

http://www.timjlawrence.com/blog/2015/10/19/everything-doesnt-happen-for-a-reason

It didn't really make me feel any better but helped me realise that it's still okay to feel sad. And that feeling may never go away.

To quote the article:

Some things in life cannot be fixed. They can only be carried.

Read the blog - https://thisisnotmusicthi...press.com/

Now Showing - "Baltimore"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/26/16 4:50am

SLP

avatar

Acceptance. I'm not one for crying much, but I just saw Springsteen do Purple Rain, and now there's something in my eye...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 04/26/16 5:28am

BklynDiamond

avatar

Back and forth between anger and denial. I cannot believe he is gone, and I am angry that some of the most vile forms of life continue to live while he is gone.

I hate when people say ... oh it will be okay. It won't be okay, it will be different, but never okay.

Because of their half-baked mistakes, we get ice cream, no cake; all lies, no truth; is it fair to Kill the YOUTH ~~ Party Up
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 04/26/16 5:33am

kapo74

Acceptance... Surely, new facts and (annoyingly) gossip will surface the next few weeks, but I have accepted he's gone.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 04/26/16 5:34am

NorthC

MattyJam said:

I think I've reached acceptance. I was very sad and depressed about it for the first four days, but unfortunately I've had quite a lot of tragic loss in my life, so I think I adjust quicker than most to new realities.




Same here. hug
Don't ever lose your dreams.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 04/26/16 6:16am

alphastreet

Erika2k8 said:

I'M flirting between denial and acceptance. I can't believe he is physically gone, but I believe he's somewhere special. Still reigning but now closer to the maker.

Been to paisley park, seen him perform numerous times in London, Uk. Interviewed people very close to him - it is shock to everyone. He was my idol, I came to this site 07/08 and grew my prince fandom here...I am just shocked but will go on. He has influenced me greately. And the world.

more here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEnffcaEFu6/?taken-by=prophets_of_rock

That sounds a lot like me, between denial and acceptance. I had a brush with anger, followed by sadness a few days ago, blaming the industry for being responsible and crying when reading about the cremation, but have calmed down since.

[Edited 4/26/16 6:17am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 04/26/16 6:28am

BoraBora

funkaholic1972 said:

Between denial and acceptance. I accept that he has died, but I still can't really believe it. I thought he would continue releasing records and performing well into his eighties. It wasn't meant to be though, apparently. neutral



Same feelings 4 me.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 04/26/16 6:30am

trc1

avatar

Acceptance. I believe in God and Our Savior Jesus. I'm in acceptance because well all be together again. Look not for the flesh but forthe spirit. He was and is spiritual.
"I don't make the rules. I just play"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 04/26/16 6:42am

nursev

trc1 said:

Acceptance. I believe in God and Our Savior Jesus. I'm in acceptance because well all be together again. Look not for the flesh but forthe spirit. He was and is spiritual.

wink nice

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 10 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Where Are You?: Denial, Bargaining, Depression, Anger, Acceptance