independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 1st Sep 2014 11:32am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince Live In Concert - The Videos
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/02/12 10:47pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

Prince Live In Concert - The Videos

There is just absolutely NO WAY that I could have personally been at some of Prince's most incredible live performances that I have been fortunately, BLESSED to witness...anyway! wink

In my absolutely honest and most humble opinion...it is a crying motherfucking shame...that the whole world cannot see PRINCE...as I've SEEN him!!!! disbelief

"No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/02/12 11:03pm

jonylawson

yes i think it was a cafe down 12th avenue

anyway thanks for the flowers

see you at swimming

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/03/12 4:01am

NeonCraxx

avatar

Boo hoo

Listen we all know you're like 40+ and you were alive to see the shows in the 80's and you wish every show could be like the Lovesexy tour but the people have moved on.

21 Century
[Edited 4/3/12 4:14am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/03/12 7:32am

jon1967

ill continue to go to his gigs as long as he does em .. he does put on some wicked shows.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/03/12 7:34am

jpnyc

[Snip - luv4u]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/03/12 8:52am

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

It's too bad that some of the "so-called" young folks around are too stupid and immature to understand. I guess that's why they'll stay lost in storm, unhip to the treasure that is the pure purple bliss. Dumb asses! shrug

"No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/03/12 12:45pm

NeonCraxx

avatar

Edit: fuck it.
[Edited 4/3/12 12:46pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/03/12 8:17pm

mzsadii

avatar

Dang some of you need a Time Out. Play Nice

Prince's Sarah
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/03/12 10:38pm

Emancipation89

Lucky you Hatrina I'm jealous... biggrin I'm at least grateful I got to discover his music and I can experience how he was at his peak through stories from fans like you though. Yeah dvds are not enough..I love hearing about how the whole atmosphere was like and what the fans got to experience at the concerts for the very first time and all that!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/04/12 6:00am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

lurking

Edmonton, AB - canada

"hush nubbits" !
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/04/12 8:47am

PurpleLove7

avatar

moderator

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

There is just absolutely NO WAY that I could have personally been at some of Prince's most incredible live performances that I have been fortunately, BLESSED to witness...anyway! wink

In my absolutely honest and most humble opinion...it is a crying motherfucking shame...that the whole world cannot see PRINCE...as I've SEEN him!!!! disbelief

I'm at the point, as an admirer of P's art and I find myself being stingy now. I don't care who else doesn't like him or wanna see him, 'I' wanna see him and hang out with other like minded people who love the Minneapolis Genius ...

Peace ... & Stay Funky ...

~* The only love there is, is the love "we" make *~

www.facebook.com/purplefunklover
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/04/12 8:55am

alexnvrmnd777

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

It's too bad that some of the "so-called" young folks around are too stupid and immature to understand. I guess that's why they'll stay lost in storm, unhip to the treasure that is the pure purple bliss. Dumb asses! shrug

Yeah, they are, and an example of those stupid and immature people have made themselves known very loud and clear in this thread. rolleyes

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/04/12 8:59am

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

Personally, I don't understand all the hostility. I wasn't ragging on Prince nor anyone that appreciates his current efforts. We all know I could and be unapologetic about it but that was honestly the furthest thing from my mind, at the time.

I was just having a moment of appreciation and wishing that everyone could see what I've been fortunate and seen with my own eyes. I do find it rather interesting though, that because I appreciate Prince more so in his prime than now-a-days, it somehow makes me "old and dusty". Yet Prince is a lot older than I am. So what does that make him? lol

"No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/04/12 11:11am

jon1967

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/04/12 11:17am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

There's that video of the Musicology tour from Detroit that blows my shorts off. The acoustic sitdown is pure musical agony. Even Musicology is blazing, and i usually don't like that tune.

wildsign Wave your wildsigns high!! wildsign
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/04/12 11:21am

jon1967

to bad theres no vid for "i rock therefore i am" .. i lllooves that songggg....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/04/12 2:01pm

NeonCraxx

avatar

I don't think it's fair to call the young generation stupid for not realizing Prince's music or music of that period. That was the music you grew up with, as the mainstream music is what the young generation is growing up with.

BUT THANKFULLY!!!!!!

There are old school fans out there who aren't 40 years old.

So calling people stupid for their taste in unnessecary is POINTLESS!

1 point for Neon.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/04/12 2:06pm

TheDigitalGard
ener

So is this thread a celebration of live music videos?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/04/12 2:47pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

NeonCraxx said:

I don't think it's fair to call the young generation stupid for not realizing Prince's music or music of that period. That was the music you grew up with, as the mainstream music is what the young generation is growing up with.

BUT THANKFULLY!!!!!!

There are old school fans out there who aren't 40 years old.

So calling people stupid for their taste in unnessecary is POINTLESS!

1 point for Neon.

I didn't say stupid, I said dumb and it had nothing to do with musical tastes. Since you're keeping score, do it right. You're at -3. wink

"No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/04/12 2:55pm

NeonCraxx

avatar

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

NeonCraxx said:

I don't think it's fair to call the young generation stupid for not realizing Prince's music or music of that period. That was the music you grew up with, as the mainstream music is what the young generation is growing up with.

BUT THANKFULLY!!!!!!

There are old school fans out there who aren't 40 years old.

So calling people stupid for their taste in unnessecary is POINTLESS!

1 point for Neon.

I didn't say stupid, I said dumb and it had nothing to do with musical tastes. Since you're keeping score, do it right. You're at -3. wink

Yeah, dumb and stupid are totally not the same thing, my bad. lol

Since you claim I'm the score keeper, why are you giving me a score of -3 when I'M KEEPING SCORE?

[Edited 4/4/12 14:55pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/04/12 3:10pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

TheDigitalGardener said:

So is this thread a celebration of live music videos?

Videos of live concerts. Prince live in concert in an experience like no other. I've seen a lot of shows that I wouldn't have seen if they weren't on video. Detroit 1986, I remember being on Jefferson Ave, leaving Belle Isle, heading west just knowing I was getting closer and closer to that concert and still couldn't go. I was ready and willing to sell a kidney, (mine's or somebody's...wink) to see that concert as it happened. Finally, I've seen it and thankfully, nobody had to lose a kidney. lol

"No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/04/12 3:12pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

NeonCraxx said:

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

I didn't say stupid, I said dumb and it had nothing to do with musical tastes. Since you're keeping score, do it right. You're at -3. wink

Yeah, dumb and stupid are totally not the same thing, my bad. lol

Since you claim I'm the score keeper, why are you giving me a score of -3 when I'M KEEPING SCORE?

[Edited 4/4/12 14:55pm]

Because apparently, you may know Prince but you don't know math. razz

"No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/04/12 3:17pm

TheDigitalGard
ener

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

TheDigitalGardener said:

So is this thread a celebration of live music videos?

Videos of live concerts. Prince live in concert in an experience like no other. I've seen a lot of shows that I wouldn't have seen if they weren't on video. Detroit 1986, I remember being on Jefferson Ave, leaving Belle Isle, heading west just knowing I was getting closer and closer to that concert and still couldn't go. I was ready and willing to sell a kidney, (mine's or somebody's...wink) to see that concert as it happened. Finally, I've seen it and thankfully, nobody had to lose a kidney. lol

Indeed, there is nothing quite like the real thing and i'm sure a lot of us here have attended some amazing shows between us, but for those shows that were special in some way, or unique, that we were not lucky enough to go to, the videos at least give us the chance to see them albeit from our armchairs.

lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 04/04/12 3:35pm

NeonCraxx

avatar

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

Because apparently, you may know Prince but you don't know math. razz

Care to back that up?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 04/04/12 3:44pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

TheDigitalGardener said:

HatrinaHaterwitz said:

Videos of live concerts. Prince live in concert in an experience like no other. I've seen a lot of shows that I wouldn't have seen if they weren't on video. Detroit 1986, I remember being on Jefferson Ave, leaving Belle Isle, heading west just knowing I was getting closer and closer to that concert and still couldn't go. I was ready and willing to sell a kidney, (mine's or somebody's...wink) to see that concert as it happened. Finally, I've seen it and thankfully, nobody had to lose a kidney. lol

Indeed, there is nothing quite like the real thing and i'm sure a lot of us here have attended some amazing shows between us, but for those shows that were special in some way, or unique, that we were not lucky enough to go to, the videos at least give us the chance to see them albeit from our armchairs.

lol

AND we can REWIND!!!!! excited

Over and over and over and over... touched

"No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 04/04/12 3:57pm

NeonCraxx

avatar

guess not...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 04/04/12 4:30pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

NeonCraxx said:

guess not...

No relevance...

"No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 04/04/12 4:34pm

NeonCraxx

avatar

It's relevent because you still avoid backing up your claim, but I understand if you can't do it.

Nobody can.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 04/04/12 5:32pm

HatrinaHaterwi
tz

avatar

NeonCraxx said:

It's relevent because you still avoid backing up your claim, but I understand if you can't do it.

Nobody can.

yawn Here's the reality of the matter. You aren't discussing the topic of this conversation, so you really have no relevance here other than being an annoyance, that is my concern. So kindly move along. bored2

"No lie, just know I chose my own fate
I drove by the fork in the road and went straight."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 04/04/12 5:39pm

NDRU

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

There's that video of the Musicology tour from Detroit that blows my shorts off. The acoustic sitdown is pure musical agony. Even Musicology is blazing, and i usually don't like that tune.

Yes, it's a real shame we can't go buy it on DVD. That shit is hot.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince Live In Concert - The Videos