independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 21st Oct 2014 9:43am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince's Choreographer is interviewed about Prince!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 07/06/11 3:16pm

babyjubilation

Prince's Choreographer is interviewed about Prince!

I stumbled upon this and I think it hasn't been posted but she tells sooo much about how she met Prince and became his choreographer, his sense of humor, and how genius he is at concerts.

I had to download it for it to work but it's an hour of good Prince topics biggrin

here's the link http://soundcloud.com/pur...lle-artese

[Edited 7/6/11 15:16pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 07/06/11 7:09pm

alexnvrmnd777

Interesting.

What's with the guy interviewer masking his voice? Very annoying, and the mix when they play snippets of songs over the interview was just not done well at all. Decent information, otherwise.

So, he points to some chick at the VIP table to come up on stage at one of the 21 shows in London, asks for her phone number, and then doesn't call her for 7 months? disbelief

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 07/06/11 7:33pm

babyjubilation

alexnvrmnd777 said:

Interesting.

What's with the guy interviewer masking his voice? Very annoying, and the mix when they play snippets of songs over the interview was just not done well at all. Decent information, otherwise.

So, he points to some chick at the VIP table to come up on stage at one of the 21 shows in London, asks for her phone number, and then doesn't call her for 7 months? disbelief

That dude's voice IS very peculiar...and annoying.

Oh and yeah I think she didn't know for sure but was just rounding or something.

I hated the music over the interview I couldn't hear what she was saying neutral

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 07/06/11 9:22pm

ufoclub

avatar

thanks for the link!

30 seconds of spooky music with a real harp and banging pots and pans: https://soundcloud.com/uf...-phenomena

VIDEO WORK: http://sharadkantpatel.com
MUSIC: http://www.soundcloud.com/ufoclub1977
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 07/06/11 9:50pm

DigitalCreator

avatar

Well, the mans voice is messed up because he has cerebal palsey. I was the 3rd person conducting the interview. If you have any questions or concerns please see me. Thanks!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 07/06/11 9:51pm

LoveSxy1958

avatar

I am glad u liked the interview. I am the one of the people who you hear on the podcast interviewing Donielle. She was awesome and if u haven't checked it out U definitely should:

http://soundcloud.com/pur...lle-artese

U can also check out our debut podcast as well:

http://soundcloud.com/lov...st-episode

And our facebook group page for more information on future podcasts:

http://www.facebook.com/g...ights?ap=1

Love God, Love Life, Lovesexy...Peace & I Wish U Heaven...Lovesxy1958
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 07/06/11 11:04pm

treehouse

I skipped around, but it sounded more like she was the choreographer for the Twins rather than Prince himself.

I enjoyed hearing about his work ethic though, and get an idea of how he finds collaborators.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 07/07/11 9:59am

PurpleLove7

avatar

moderator

... I am also a round table member / host of the show as well. It's a 'work in progress'. It's been fun doing it. I was not a interviewer or co-host during theDonielle Artese interview but, it was a good show, I thought and I'm not sayin' that just becuz I'm a member of the show.

blushing


Peace ... & Stay Funky ...

~* The only love there is, is the love "we" make *~

www.facebook.com/purplefunklover
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 07/07/11 10:03am

Genesia

avatar

I understand the desire to do a roundtable. But honestly, I only got through about five minutes before it just became blahblah

A tighter, more focused interview (ie, fewer participants) would make it more interesting - and easier to listen to.

I mean if he did have sex he would break every rule Jehova's have regarding premarital sex so Prince is really just friends with them all anyway.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 07/07/11 12:17pm

alexnvrmnd777

DigitalCreator said:

Well, the mans voice is messed up because he has cerebal palsey. I was the 3rd person conducting the interview. If you have any questions or concerns please see me. Thanks!

Oh, okay. At first it just sounded like he was using some voice altering technique so that it intentionally sounded more Bob George-ish. Cool to know.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 07/07/11 12:19pm

alexnvrmnd777

treehouse said:

I skipped around, but it sounded more like she was the choreographer for the Twins rather than Prince himself.

I enjoyed hearing about his work ethic though, and get an idea of how he finds collaborators.

You wanna know why? It's because the man don't dance anymore, unfortunately. So, there was nothing to choreograph for him.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 07/07/11 1:03pm

babyjubilation

alexnvrmnd777 said:

DigitalCreator said:

Well, the mans voice is messed up because he has cerebal palsey. I was the 3rd person conducting the interview. If you have any questions or concerns please see me. Thanks!

Oh, okay. At first it just sounded like he was using some voice altering technique so that it intentionally sounded more Bob George-ish. Cool to know.

I didn't know that either I thought it was intentional too. Opps. Well If you conducted the interview and everyone who was in it is a member here than why hasn't it been posted before. Or your other stuff? Don't want to brag maybe? confuse

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 07/07/11 2:24pm

treehouse

alexnvrmnd777 said:

You wanna know why? It's because the man don't dance anymore, unfortunately. So, there was nothing to choreograph for him.

He dances as much as he ever did. The man stops doing splits like a broken robotic monkey and suddenly he doesn't dance? If he choreographs the live shows like music videos, or some Broadway show, every damn show would have to be the same.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 07/07/11 3:12pm

ufoclub

avatar

LoveSxy1958 said:

I am glad u liked the interview. I am the one of the people who you hear on the podcast interviewing Donielle. She was awesome and if u haven't checked it out U definitely should:

http://soundcloud.com/pur...lle-artese

U can also check out our debut podcast as well:

http://soundcloud.com/lov...st-episode

And our facebook group page for more information on future podcasts:

http://www.facebook.com/g...ights?ap=1

Well thanks for the interview, I like hearing people that worked on stuff with Prince. Just to hear about how he works and deals with stuff.

30 seconds of spooky music with a real harp and banging pots and pans: https://soundcloud.com/uf...-phenomena

VIDEO WORK: http://sharadkantpatel.com
MUSIC: http://www.soundcloud.com/ufoclub1977
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 07/07/11 3:18pm

PurpleLove7

avatar

moderator

alexnvrmnd777 said:

treehouse said:

I skipped around, but it sounded more like she was the choreographer for the Twins rather than Prince himself.

I enjoyed hearing about his work ethic though, and get an idea of how he finds collaborators.

You wanna know why? It's because the man don't dance anymore, unfortunately. So, there was nothing to choreograph for him.

You obviously haven't see any of the video footage. I saw P & The NPG in NYC and in South Carolina and the man was cuttin' a rug, to use that term loosely. The 'Kiss' segment dance he did at the shows was cool. My wife LoOoOoOoOoOoved it ...

Peace ... & Stay Funky ...

~* The only love there is, is the love "we" make *~

www.facebook.com/purplefunklover
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 07/07/11 10:47pm

alexnvrmnd777

PurpleLove7 said:

alexnvrmnd777 said:

You wanna know why? It's because the man don't dance anymore, unfortunately. So, there was nothing to choreograph for him.

You obviously haven't see any of the video footage. I saw P & The NPG in NYC and in South Carolina and the man was cuttin' a rug, to use that term loosely. The 'Kiss' segment dance he did at the shows was cool. My wife LoOoOoOoOoOoved it ...

Um, yes, I've seen a variety of W2A shows, and the Kiss part is about the ONLY dance part he does, and even that is just more shimmying in place than anything (the poor man's version of the Lovesexy solo spotlight dance he did in '88). I'm talking about moving his feet and REAL choreography. Not little in-place, I'm-too-cool to dance/sweat dances. Big difference. If you look at his dancing before (and no, I'm NOT talking about the splits and jumping off of a piano), it just looks like his ass is standing still, letting the Twinz do all the work.

Hell, the band doesn't even get choreographed anymore. Remember when he would send the band out for dance lessons back in the day? Or when the choreographer would work out dance steps with the band? And you definitely cannot use age as a factor with that because his band is relatively young.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 07/08/11 7:45am

PurpleLove7

avatar

moderator

alexnvrmnd777 said:

PurpleLove7 said:

You obviously haven't see any of the video footage. I saw P & The NPG in NYC and in South Carolina and the man was cuttin' a rug, to use that term loosely. The 'Kiss' segment dance he did at the shows was cool. My wife LoOoOoOoOoOoved it ...

Um, yes, I've seen a variety of W2A shows, and the Kiss part is about the ONLY dance part he does, and even that is just more shimmying in place than anything (the poor man's version of the Lovesexy solo spotlight dance he did in '88). I'm talking about moving his feet and REAL choreography. Not little in-place, I'm-too-cool to dance/sweat dances. Big difference. If you look at his dancing before (and no, I'm NOT talking about the splits and jumping off of a piano), it just looks like his ass is standing still, letting the Twinz do all the work.

Hell, the band doesn't even get choreographed anymore. Remember when he would send the band out for dance lessons back in the day? Or when the choreographer would work out dance steps with the band? And you definitely cannot use age as a factor with that because his band is relatively young.

What you're talking about now is what I've only seen in video (occasionally). I became a fan / admirer of P's music during Emancipation Era and if I remember correctly there wasn't a lot of dancing with the band. P was dancing but, he wasn't tearing it up. My man does work up a 'Black Sweat' winking during his performances but, I believe I get what you mean in terms of him dancing compared to him just doin' a step here or there. Looks like I need to get more video footage.

Peace ... & Stay Funky ...

~* The only love there is, is the love "we" make *~

www.facebook.com/purplefunklover
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 07/09/11 2:17am

GoldenParachut
e

I think she over reacted.

"Donielle Artese

was asked not 2 speak about a certain person anymore. even though I ONLY speak highly of him, maybe too highly. perhaps, if he and his 'folks' weren't so JANKY, they wouldn't be worried that one day I would actually tell the TRUTH #sickofthemadness"

babyjubilation said:

I stumbled upon this and I think it hasn't been posted but she tells sooo much about how she met Prince and became his choreographer, his sense of humor, and how genius he is at concerts.

I had to download it for it to work but it's an hour of good Prince topics biggrin

here's the link http://soundcloud.com/pur...lle-artese

[Edited 7/6/11 15:16pm]

[Edited 7/9/11 2:18am]

[Edited 7/9/11 2:19am]

[Edited 7/9/11 2:19am]

[Edited 7/9/11 2:20am]

[Edited 7/9/11 2:22am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 07/09/11 2:23am

GoldenParachut
e

This shit wont let me edit. Forget it. I was trying to say someone from Princes camp apparently contacted her and she posted about it on her facebook

GoldenParachute said:

I think she over reacted.

"Donielle Artese

was asked not 2 speak about a certain person anymore. even though I ONLY speak highly of him, maybe too highly. perhaps, if he and his 'folks' weren't so JANKY, they wouldn't be worried that one day I would actually tell the TRUTH #sickofthemadness"

babyjubilation said:

I stumbled upon this and I think it hasn't been posted but she tells sooo much about how she met Prince and became his choreographer, his sense of humor, and how genius he is at concerts.

I had to download it for it to work but it's an hour of good Prince topics biggrin

here's the link http://soundcloud.com/pur...lle-artese

[Edited 7/6/11 15:16pm]

[Edited 7/9/11 2:18am]

[Edited 7/9/11 2:19am]

[Edited 7/9/11 2:19am]

[Edited 7/9/11 2:20am]

[Edited 7/9/11 2:22am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 07/09/11 2:57am

BartVanHemelen

avatar

GoldenParachute said:

This shit wont let me edit. Forget it. I was trying to say someone from Princes camp apparently contacted her and she posted about it on her facebook

GoldenParachute said:

I think she over reacted.

Donielle Artese was asked not 2 speak about a certain person anymore. even though I ONLY speak highly of him, maybe too highly. Perhaps, if he and his 'folks' weren't so JANKY, they wouldn't be worried that one day I would actually tell the TRUTH #sickofthemadness

Funny how this kind of news never gets reported on Dr Flunkenberry. Then again, Prince being a dick isn't actually news, of course, just par for the course.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 07/09/11 6:01am

thisisit

avatar

"Donielle Artese was asked not 2 speak about a certain person anymore. even though I ONLY speak highly of him, maybe too highly. perhaps, if he and his 'folks' weren't so JANKY, they wouldn't be worried that one day I would actually tell the TRUTH #sickofthemadness"

she should join the org biggrin

"It's time for you to go to the wire."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 07/09/11 8:35am

babyjubilation

OMG I hope she didn't get in trouble because I posted the interiew here. I feel soooooooo bad!

Maybe Prince does lurk here boxed

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 07/09/11 10:06am

Genesia

avatar

babyjubilation said:

OMG I hope she didn't get in trouble because I posted the interiew here. I feel soooooooo bad!

Maybe Prince does lurk here boxed

Even if he doesn't, his "people" do.

I mean if he did have sex he would break every rule Jehova's have regarding premarital sex so Prince is really just friends with them all anyway.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 07/09/11 12:53pm

WisdomNLove

avatar

thisisit said:

"Donielle Artese was asked not 2 speak about a certain person anymore. even though I ONLY speak highly of him, maybe too highly. perhaps, if he and his 'folks' weren't so JANKY, they wouldn't be worried that one day I would actually tell the TRUTH #sickofthemadness"

she should join the org biggrin

I'm not surprised, during the entire Great Forum/Inglewood run she was hitting up every major blogger on a daily basis trying to get press not for the show but for herself, seemed she was trying really hard to use the experience to get famous as opposed to bringing attention to an artistic show and the art of dance.

Personally, I dont think the twinz needed a choreographer, I like the stuff they did on their own, i didnt like the new choreography AT ALL, maybe its because I watched the shows on video and not live but it just looked very junior and caberet.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 07/09/11 12:56pm

WisdomNLove

avatar

PurpleLove7 said:

alexnvrmnd777 said:

You wanna know why? It's because the man don't dance anymore, unfortunately. So, there was nothing to choreograph for him.

You obviously haven't see any of the video footage. I saw P & The NPG in NYC and in South Carolina and the man was cuttin' a rug, to use that term loosely. The 'Kiss' segment dance he did at the shows was cool. My wife LoOoOoOoOoOoved it ...

I dont think Dontiese choreographed the South Carolina shows. On the AFRICAN CHANNEL special, The Twinz mentioned they choreograph their routines and Prince adds to and edits choreography as well.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 07/09/11 2:17pm

alexnvrmnd777

BartVanHemelen said:

GoldenParachute said:

This shit wont let me edit. Forget it. I was trying to say someone from Princes camp apparently contacted her and she posted about it on her facebook

Funny how this kind of news never gets reported on Dr Flunkenberry. Then again, Prince being a dick isn't actually news, of course, just par for the course.

See, that's BULLSHIT!!! The woman said nothing that was derogatory about the man. She actually gave glowing "reviews" of him and his entire crew, without spilling anything "juicy", and he wants to act God-like and bitch about having his name being spoken in vain. What a damn douchenut. disbelief

And all she was doing was talking about HER life and HER experiences, which are all hers to speak on. Just like Lisa and Wendy once said when he contacted them to tell them to stop talking about him, all that stuff is their memories and experiences too, not just his. Bitch.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 07/09/11 5:42pm

BartVanHemelen

avatar

alexnvrmnd777 said:

BartVanHemelen said:

Funny how this kind of news never gets reported on Dr Flunkenberry. Then again, Prince being a dick isn't actually news, of course, just par for the course.

See, that's BULLSHIT!!! The woman said nothing that was derogatory about the man. She actually gave glowing "reviews" of him and his entire crew, without spilling anything "juicy", and he wants to act God-like and bitch about having his name being spoken in vain. What a damn douchenut. disbelief

And all she was doing was talking about HER life and HER experiences, which are all hers to speak on. Just like Lisa and Wendy once said when he contacted them to tell them to stop talking about him, all that stuff is their memories and experiences too, not just his. Bitch.

Especially if you compare this to how he treated Charles "Big Chick" Huntsberry: that dude gave an interview to the National Enquirer in which he insulted Prince, just so he could get a ton of money to feed his cocaine habit. But when he said he was sorry a couple of years later, Prince immediately forgave him, OFFERED HIM HIS JOB BACK (!) and kept him on the payroll. And after he died, he did a benefit show for his family.

© Bart Van Hemelen
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
It is not authorized by Prince or the NPG Music Club. You assume all risk for
your use. All rights reserved.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 07/09/11 5:51pm

alexnvrmnd777

BartVanHemelen said:

alexnvrmnd777 said:

See, that's BULLSHIT!!! The woman said nothing that was derogatory about the man. She actually gave glowing "reviews" of him and his entire crew, without spilling anything "juicy", and he wants to act God-like and bitch about having his name being spoken in vain. What a damn douchenut. disbelief

And all she was doing was talking about HER life and HER experiences, which are all hers to speak on. Just like Lisa and Wendy once said when he contacted them to tell them to stop talking about him, all that stuff is their memories and experiences too, not just his. Bitch.

Especially if you compare this to how he treated Charles "Big Chick" Huntsberry: that dude gave an interview to the National Enquirer in which he insulted Prince, just so he could get a ton of money to feed his cocaine habit. But when he said he was sorry a couple of years later, Prince immediately forgave him, OFFERED HIM HIS JOB BACK (!) and kept him on the payroll. And after he died, he did a benefit show for his family.

Yeah, go fig. And even add in there the fact he wrote "Old Friends 4 Sale" partially about him too.

And now he wants to threaten people for talking highly of him?? GTFOH!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 07/09/11 5:55pm

babyjubilation

BartVanHemelen said:

alexnvrmnd777 said:

See, that's BULLSHIT!!! The woman said nothing that was derogatory about the man. She actually gave glowing "reviews" of him and his entire crew, without spilling anything "juicy", and he wants to act God-like and bitch about having his name being spoken in vain. What a damn douchenut. disbelief

And all she was doing was talking about HER life and HER experiences, which are all hers to speak on. Just like Lisa and Wendy once said when he contacted them to tell them to stop talking about him, all that stuff is their memories and experiences too, not just his. Bitch.

Especially if you compare this to how he treated Charles "Big Chick" Huntsberry: that dude gave an interview to the National Enquirer in which he insulted Prince, just so he could get a ton of money to feed his cocaine habit. But when he said he was sorry a couple of years later, Prince immediately forgave him, OFFERED HIM HIS JOB BACK (!) and kept him on the payroll. And after he died, he did a benefit show for his family.

Maybe if W&L were 6'9 and 400lbs they would be forgiven and given their jobs back, too lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 07/10/11 5:19am

WisdomNLove

avatar

alexnvrmnd777 said:

BartVanHemelen said:

Especially if you compare this to how he treated Charles "Big Chick" Huntsberry: that dude gave an interview to the National Enquirer in which he insulted Prince, just so he could get a ton of money to feed his cocaine habit. But when he said he was sorry a couple of years later, Prince immediately forgave him, OFFERED HIM HIS JOB BACK (!) and kept him on the payroll. And after he died, he did a benefit show for his family.

Yeah, go fig. And even add in there the fact he wrote "Old Friends 4 Sale" partially about him too.

And now he wants to threaten people for talking highly of him?? GTFOH!

its very clear to me Prince simply doesnt want anyone using his name to get "famous" or make money off of and his reaction is rightfully so, he's probably had to deal with this problem his entire career, if anything maybe they should just ask him if its ok 1st out of respect

Alexnevermind, there maybe more to the picture than the black and white printed on the screen for every scenario fans give, try not to judge too quickly.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince's Choreographer is interviewed about Prince!