independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 24th Jul 2014 8:44pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince Is Not Gay!!!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #210 posted 03/29/07 5:13pm

christos7

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #211 posted 03/29/07 6:25pm

gyro34

christos7 said:



falloff
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #212 posted 03/29/07 8:58pm

rainbowchild

avatar

trc1 said:

I am really getting tired of all the bs about P being gay. People need to quit being either jealous or seek their sexual fantasies elsewhere. THE MAN IS NOT GAY. mad


U need a chill pill man. As if being gay is the worst thing in the world. I think it's not so much a question of Prince being gay or not anyomore, but our own attitudes about homosexuality and it's quite obvious there's still a lot of homophobia in this world including among Prince fans as well, unfortunately. I wonder if these Prince fans would b still around if Prince DID come out that he was gay years ago. U need 2 examine urselves.
"Just like the sun, the Rainbow Children rise."


"People call me rude. I wish we all were nude. I wish there was no black or white, I wish there were no rules."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #213 posted 03/29/07 9:00pm

herb55105

avatar

rainbowchild said:

trc1 said:

I am really getting tired of all the bs about P being gay. People need to quit being either jealous or seek their sexual fantasies elsewhere. THE MAN IS NOT GAY. mad


U need a chill pill man. As if being gay is the worst thing in the world. I think it's not so much a question of Prince being gay or not anyomore, but our own attitudes about homosexuality and it's quite obvious there's still a lot of homophobia in this world including among Prince fans as well, unfortunately. I wonder if these Prince fans would b still around if Prince DID come out that he was gay years ago. U need 2 examine urselves.


See - now that's all I was trying to say smile. Thanx.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #214 posted 03/29/07 10:34pm

7kisses4U

rainbowchild said:

trc1 said:

I am really getting tired of all the bs about P being gay. People need to quit being either jealous or seek their sexual fantasies elsewhere. THE MAN IS NOT GAY. mad


U need a chill pill man. As if being gay is the worst thing in the world. I think it's not so much a question of Prince being gay or not anyomore, but our own attitudes about homosexuality and it's quite obvious there's still a lot of homophobia in this world including among Prince fans as well, unfortunately. I wonder if these Prince fans would b still around if Prince DID come out that he was gay years ago. U need 2 examine urselves.



If Prince did say he was gay it wouldn't change my opinion of him. I love his music,always have and I do have love for him whatever his sexual prefrence might be. It's the same with any friends of mine, if they told me they were gay I would still have love for them like I always have. I think my open attitude about most things in life came early on listening to Prince's music and examining the words and just thinking about a lot of things. I was a teenager when I started listening to his music,so I guess I was a bit impressionable but I still had a strong mind/opinion and made my own choices.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #215 posted 03/30/07 10:27am

trc1

avatar

rainbowchild said:

trc1 said:

I am really getting tired of all the bs about P being gay. People need to quit being either jealous or seek their sexual fantasies elsewhere. THE MAN IS NOT GAY. mad


U need a chill pill man. As if being gay is the worst thing in the world. I think it's not so much a question of Prince being gay or not anyomore, but our own attitudes about homosexuality and it's quite obvious there's still a lot of homophobia in this world including among Prince fans as well, unfortunately. I wonder if these Prince fans would b still around if Prince DID come out that he was gay years ago. U need 2 examine urselves.


[Offensive statement snip - luv4u]
"I don't make the rules. I just play"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #216 posted 03/30/07 10:40am

babooshleeky

avatar

trc1 said:

rainbowchild said:



U need a chill pill man. As if being gay is the worst thing in the world. I think it's not so much a question of Prince being gay or not anyomore, but our own attitudes about homosexuality and it's quite obvious there's still a lot of homophobia in this world including among Prince fans as well, unfortunately. I wonder if these Prince fans would b still around if Prince DID come out that he was gay years ago. U need 2 examine urselves.


[Offensive statement snip - luv4u]


come on now, think about that....
disbelief
tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #217 posted 03/30/07 10:47am

JPMcGee

babooshleeky said:

trc1 said:



[Offensive statement snip - luv4u]


come on now, think about that....
disbelief


What about that?

I hope Prince makes another album just for trc1: The Rainbow Flag Children.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #218 posted 03/30/07 10:48am

Haystack

trc1 said:

[Offensive statement snip - luv4u].

Not if you're gay it isn't.

[Offensive statement snip - luv4u]


Erm, anybody who's gay I guess.

Personally, the thought of having sex with a woman disgusts me - quite what anybody sees in those horrible fishy front-bottoms that bleed every now and then, yuk! But hey, that's just me.

But anyway, back to Prince and his obvious, hidden gay tendencies lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #219 posted 03/30/07 10:57am

rainbowchild

avatar

trc1 said:

rainbowchild said:



U need a chill pill man. As if being gay is the worst thing in the world. I think it's not so much a question of Prince being gay or not anyomore, but our own attitudes about homosexuality and it's quite obvious there's still a lot of homophobia in this world including among Prince fans as well, unfortunately. I wonder if these Prince fans would b still around if Prince DID come out that he was gay years ago. U need 2 examine urselves.


[Offensive statement snip - luv4u]


And what's ur definition of a real man?
"Just like the sun, the Rainbow Children rise."


"People call me rude. I wish we all were nude. I wish there was no black or white, I wish there were no rules."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #220 posted 03/30/07 11:06am

trc1

avatar

rainbowchild said:

trc1 said:



[Offensive statement snip - luv4u]


And what's ur definition of a real man?


Well, let me see. If I need to define that, then you got on the wrong boat. razz
"I don't make the rules. I just play"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #221 posted 03/30/07 11:13am

JPMcGee

I haven't been here long, but I never imagined there'd be anti-gay people here. They have to be trolls, right?

And I can see where people would think Prince is not gay, because of all the women he's been with, but how you could rule out bi is beyond me. Willing and Able is practically a bi anthem, for one.

There's some kings in my deck and a queen or 2
So u know there ain't nothin',
Nothin' that I wouldn't do
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #222 posted 03/30/07 11:22am

trc1

avatar

JPMcGee said:

I haven't been here long, but I never imagined there'd be anti-gay people here. They have to be trolls, right?

And I can see where people would think Prince is not gay, because of all the women he's been with, but how you could rule out bi is beyond me. Willing and Able is practically a bi anthem, for one.

There's some kings in my deck and a queen or 2
So u know there ain't nothin',
Nothin' that I wouldn't do


Then a troll I am.
"I don't make the rules. I just play"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #223 posted 03/30/07 11:27am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

lurking
Edmonton, AB - canada

"hush nubbits" !
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #224 posted 03/30/07 12:11pm

jdcxc

Where do these people come from? It's as if the Christian Coalition, Jerry Falwell, the Moral Majority have sent out campers. On a Prince site nonetheless! These people should be on a Shabba Ranks, Beenie Man or Anita Bryant site. What bigots.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #225 posted 03/30/07 12:28pm

rainbowchild

avatar

JPMcGee said:

I haven't been here long, but I never imagined there'd be anti-gay people here. They have to be trolls, right?

And I can see where people would think Prince is not gay, because of all the women he's been with, but how you could rule out bi is beyond me. Willing and Able is practically a bi anthem, for one.

There's some kings in my deck and a queen or 2
So u know there ain't nothin',
Nothin' that I wouldn't do



Interesting lyrics...thanx 4 pointing that out!
"Just like the sun, the Rainbow Children rise."


"People call me rude. I wish we all were nude. I wish there was no black or white, I wish there were no rules."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #226 posted 03/30/07 1:30pm

JPMcGee

rainbowchild said:

JPMcGee said:

I haven't been here long, but I never imagined there'd be anti-gay people here. They have to be trolls, right?

And I can see where people would think Prince is not gay, because of all the women he's been with, but how you could rule out bi is beyond me. Willing and Able is practically a bi anthem, for one.




Interesting lyrics...thanx 4 pointing that out!


That's probably my favorite song from D&P, and not because of its possible subject matter. The music is unusual for Prince (sounds South African?), and I love the way he slips in and out of falsetto. The Steeles sound as good as ever, and even Tony M. is nicely integrated, for once.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #227 posted 03/30/07 2:00pm

ElectricBlue

avatar

Ask the 100's of women who are all 9's & 10's....he has plowed if he is Gay.

lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #228 posted 03/30/07 2:14pm

herb55105

avatar

ElectricBlue said:

Ask the 100's of women who are all 9's & 10's....he has plowed if he is Gay.

lol


Sexuality is fluid, not rigid. You can be gay and still have sex with thousands of women. Doesn't prove anything. In fact, lots of gay men end up being whores with the women in an attempt to "prove" that they are straight. Of course, I'm not saying that this applies to Prince. I doubt he's gay, but I also doubt that he's NEVER had sexual relations with a guy.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #229 posted 03/30/07 2:43pm

vainandy

avatar

jdcxc said:

Where do these people come from? It's as if the Christian Coalition, Jerry Falwell, the Moral Majority have sent out campers. On a Prince site nonetheless! These people should be on a Shabba Ranks, Beenie Man or Anita Bryant site. What bigots.


Exactly! They sound just like this lady.....

Andy is a four letter word.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #230 posted 03/30/07 2:53pm

jdcxc

herb55105 said:

ElectricBlue said:

Ask the 100's of women who are all 9's & 10's....he has plowed if he is Gay.

lol


Sexuality is fluid, not rigid. You can be gay and still have sex with thousands of women. Doesn't prove anything. In fact, lots of gay men end up being whores with the women in an attempt to "prove" that they are straight. Of course, I'm not saying that this applies to Prince. I doubt he's gay, but I also doubt that he's NEVER had sexual relations with a guy.


Exactly! Are people really that simplistic and small-minded when it comes to sexuality. Would it really rock somebody's world if he shared an experience with a man. Get over yourselves. Sexuality is too complex for such narrow mindedness.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #231 posted 03/30/07 2:56pm

FruitToAttract
Bears

avatar

herb55105 said:

ElectricBlue said:

Ask the 100's of women who are all 9's & 10's....he has plowed if he is Gay.

lol


Sexuality is fluid, not rigid. You can be gay and still have sex with thousands of women. Doesn't prove anything. In fact, lots of gay men end up being whores with the women in an attempt to "prove" that they are straight. Of course, I'm not saying that this applies to Prince. I doubt he's gay, but I also doubt that he's NEVER had sexual relations with a guy.


I bet he has...the way he "answered" that one question during the Chris Rock interview about his androgynous image in the early days made me think twice, of course he said it was an act, but just the way he answered translated to me as "Yeah, I was a little bit gay." If you don't know what I'm referring to...well...you know where to find the video, see if you agree...
[Edited 3/30/07 14:58pm]
"18 years old, and she knows her funk!!! headbang"
~ funkpill
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #232 posted 03/30/07 3:42pm

rainbowchild

avatar

FruitToAttractBears said:

herb55105 said:



Sexuality is fluid, not rigid. You can be gay and still have sex with thousands of women. Doesn't prove anything. In fact, lots of gay men end up being whores with the women in an attempt to "prove" that they are straight. Of course, I'm not saying that this applies to Prince. I doubt he's gay, but I also doubt that he's NEVER had sexual relations with a guy.


I bet he has...the way he "answered" that one question during the Chris Rock interview about his androgynous image in the early days made me think twice, of course he said it was an act, but just the way he answered translated to me as "Yeah, I was a little bit gay." If you don't know what I'm referring to...well...you know where to find the video, see if you agree...
[Edited 3/30/07 14:58pm]


Definitely, it would b quite naive 2 think otherwise. Of course, ultimately it's none of our business but he's a celebrity so that's part of the deal: we're interested in his private affairs-- just as we want 2 know who he's dating, if anyone. I even believe that a highly evolved individual (by this I mean, having an open mind about things) will have no problems having sexual relations with both men and women and do other crazy sex stuff as long as its consensual, and Prince strikes me as one of those. That's what actually attracted me 2 his music in the first place because of his liberated mindset about sexuality, especially his music in the 80's. Of course that all changed when he became a JW; still a man is a man, and now that he's single, he still has sexual needs and I'm sure he's meeting those needs somehow.
"Just like the sun, the Rainbow Children rise."


"People call me rude. I wish we all were nude. I wish there was no black or white, I wish there were no rules."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #233 posted 03/30/07 3:52pm

jdcxc

rainbowchild said:

FruitToAttractBears said:



I bet he has...the way he "answered" that one question during the Chris Rock interview about his androgynous image in the early days made me think twice, of course he said it was an act, but just the way he answered translated to me as "Yeah, I was a little bit gay." If you don't know what I'm referring to...well...you know where to find the video, see if you agree...
[Edited 3/30/07 14:58pm]


Definitely, it would b quite naive 2 think otherwise. Of course, ultimately it's none of our business but he's a celebrity so that's part of the deal: we're interested in his private affairs-- just as we want 2 know who he's dating, if anyone. I even believe that a highly evolved individual (by this I mean, having an open mind about things) will have no problems having sexual relations with both men and women and do other crazy sex stuff as long as its consensual, and Prince strikes me as one of those. That's what actually attracted me 2 his music in the first place because of his liberated mindset about sexuality, especially his music in the 80's. Of course that all changed when he became a JW; still a man is a man, and now that he's single, he still has sexual needs and I'm sure he's meeting those needs somehow.


Religion has nothing to do with what someone does behind closed doors. Fundamentalist religions have notoriously freaky members.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #234 posted 03/31/07 7:42pm

jtfolden

avatar

Haystack said:

FruitToAttractBears isn't gay? It's the gayest username ever!

I honestly thought that you were a gay person, hence the name.


falloff

I so agree.... I've never seen a more 'gay' username on the org.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #235 posted 03/31/07 7:46pm

jtfolden

avatar

So, 200+ posts later, is there a consensus?

Is Prince "Straight" or "Straight w/a side-order of Gay"?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #236 posted 03/31/07 8:15pm

CalhounSq

avatar

LOL @ the 2 posts above falloff
"Bonafide is the old deal, fake is the new real"... - Alice Smith!!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #237 posted 04/01/07 1:25pm

noimageatall

avatar

Now I am really angry. Why is it that "nurse" can start a thread like this loudly proclaiming Prince is not gay in UPPERCASE letters, and it goes on for 8 pages? Yet, I start a thread on why people care one way or another, and try to provide scientific evidence that being gay isn't this horrible disease, with articles from medical journals/magazines that are not tabloids....

Basically trying to allow people to read and maybe change their views and learn to tolerate, if that's all they can allow themselves to do. "MY" thread gets locked. lock So, I'm being told to stfu censored
.....while others are allowed to call gay people disgusting, preach about how wrong it is, and quote scriptures trying to prove it.

sigh disbelief confuse

This is really fair.
"Let love be your perfect weapon..." ~~Andy Biersack
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #238 posted 04/01/07 1:33pm

babooshleeky

avatar

noimageatall said:

Now I am really angry. Why is it that "nurse" can start a thread like this loudly proclaiming Prince is not gay in UPPERCASE letters, and it goes on for 8 pages? Yet, I start a thread on why people care one way or another, and try to provide scientific evidence that being gay isn't this horrible disease, with articles from medical journals/magazines that are not tabloids....

Basically trying to allow people to read and maybe change their views and learn to tolerate, if that's all they can allow themselves to do. "MY" thread gets locked. lock So, I'm being told to stfu censored
.....while others are allowed to call gay people disgusting, preach about how wrong it is, and quote scriptures trying to prove it.

sigh disbelief confuse

This is really fair.



comfort

I noticed that too...I did not read all the stuff you put on that thread but I posted there...it was too early for me to read it all then..

I don't know why this thread is not locked yet, and your's was???

oh well... wink
tinkerbell
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #239 posted 04/01/07 1:41pm

rainbowchild

avatar

babooshleeky said:

noimageatall said:

Now I am really angry. Why is it that "nurse" can start a thread like this loudly proclaiming Prince is not gay in UPPERCASE letters, and it goes on for 8 pages? Yet, I start a thread on why people care one way or another, and try to provide scientific evidence that being gay isn't this horrible disease, with articles from medical journals/magazines that are not tabloids....

Basically trying to allow people to read and maybe change their views and learn to tolerate, if that's all they can allow themselves to do. "MY" thread gets locked. lock So, I'm being told to stfu censored
.....while others are allowed to call gay people disgusting, preach about how wrong it is, and quote scriptures trying to prove it.

sigh disbelief confuse

This is really fair.



comfort

I noticed that too...I did not read all the stuff you put on that thread but I posted there...it was too early for me to read it all then..

I don't know why this thread is not locked yet, and your's was???

oh well... wink



Likewise, my thread, "Is Prince ever coming out of the closet?" was locked 2 by the same moderator-- luv4u-- saying it was "pointless". I guess if that moderator doesn't agree with ur thread she "locks" it!! Talk about censorship!!
"Just like the sun, the Rainbow Children rise."


"People call me rude. I wish we all were nude. I wish there was no black or white, I wish there were no rules."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Prince Is Not Gay!!!