independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 23rd Apr 2017 2:55am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Your interpretation of "She Gave Her Angels"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/09/04 5:52pm

LifeCanBeSoNic
e

avatar

Your interpretation of "She Gave Her Angels"

My Mom and I have different thoughts on what the song is about.

But I wanna know what you think the song is about. Unless it was already explained somewhere else. All I know for sure is that it is a story about Mayte.
"You got a new man? Is he fine? Does he have a better ass than mine? Didn't think so.."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/09/04 8:12pm

ThreadBare

It always sounded like a song about defloration to me. I've heard Prince's explanation, which never really washed to me. I think it's about the day they first got it on. "Her angels" being a metaphor for what she really gave "that summer night."

But, I'm probably reading too deeply.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/09/04 8:14pm

AsianBomb777

Vaginas.

She was giving up the punani on some hot steamy night in June.

She gave her vagina up to a her man--it was a tale of sheer delight.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/09/04 8:16pm

TheJourney4all
7

ThreadBare said:

It always sounded like a song about defloration to me. I've heard Prince's explanation, which never really washed to me. I think it's about the day they first got it on. "Her angels" being a metaphor for what she really gave "that summer night."

But, I'm probably reading too deeply.

I don't think your reading too deeply. That's the same thing I thought when I first heard the song.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/09/04 9:26pm

WonderU

avatar

Actually Prince and Mayte were really into their "angels". Remember at the wedding Prince said something about the empty seats at the church and she said "those are for all the angels." Mayte used to travel back to Spain a lot and Prince was would miss her really bad when she left. She was going to leave one time and he was sad and she told him "I'm leaving my angels here with you to watch over you." He wrote that song for her when she was gone. That's pretty simple I think smile
Prince may be the purple Yoda, but Wendy & Lisa and Eric Leeds also sit on the Jedi Council.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/09/04 9:42pm

LifeCanBeSoNic
e

avatar

WonderU said:

Actually Prince and Mayte were really into their "angels". Remember at the wedding Prince said something about the empty seats at the church and she said "those are for all the angels." Mayte used to travel back to Spain a lot and Prince was would miss her really bad when she left. She was going to leave one time and he was sad and she told him "I'm leaving my angels here with you to watch over you." He wrote that song for her when she was gone. That's pretty simple I think smile


Ooooh. That makes sense. Where did you find that out?
"You got a new man? Is he fine? Does he have a better ass than mine? Didn't think so.."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/09/04 9:50pm

WonderU

avatar

LifeCanBeSoNice said:

WonderU said:

Actually Prince and Mayte were really into their "angels". Remember at the wedding Prince said something about the empty seats at the church and she said "those are for all the angels." Mayte used to travel back to Spain a lot and Prince was would miss her really bad when she left. She was going to leave one time and he was sad and she told him "I'm leaving my angels here with you to watch over you." He wrote that song for her when she was gone. That's pretty simple I think smile


Ooooh. That makes sense. Where did you find that out?



From Mayte, she's a sweetheart and nothing like people have her pegged for.
Prince may be the purple Yoda, but Wendy & Lisa and Eric Leeds also sit on the Jedi Council.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/10/04 12:40am

Novabreaker

Oh c'mon. It's obviously a lesbian song.

She gave her angels.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Your interpretation of "She Gave Her Angels"