independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 16th Aug 2018 5:47am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > All the Andy Allo Threads
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #210 posted 05/16/18 6:18am

FlyOnTheWall

sharpieheartz said:

No problem you two! I’ve found more rares. Some photos of Andy Prince took and some rares taken in Turks & Caicos.

That is SUPER exciting news!!! Thanks, sharpie!!! If you'd like, just send them to me like last time and I'll post them. Pleease. heart nod love music

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #211 posted 05/16/18 4:45pm

sharpieheartz

FlyOnTheWall said:

sharpieheartz said:

No problem you two! I’ve found more rares. Some photos of Andy Prince took and some rares taken in Turks & Caicos.

That is SUPER exciting news!!! Thanks, sharpie!!! If you'd like, just send them to me like last time and I'll post them. Pleease. heart nod love music

DONE! : )

No more peace and quiet, I wonder Y...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #212 posted 05/17/18 8:19am

FlyOnTheWall

sharpieheartz said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

That is SUPER exciting news!!! Thanks, sharpie!!! If you'd like, just send them to me like last time and I'll post them. Pleease. heart nod love music

DONE! : )

Thanks, sharpie!! I'm loving them!! heart I'll try to post some later today.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #213 posted 05/17/18 9:19am

pinkcashmere23

FlyOnTheWall said:

sharpieheartz said:

DONE! : )

Thanks, sharpie!! I'm loving them!! heart I'll try to post some later today.

Great! Look forward to seeing them. smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #214 posted 05/18/18 8:59am

FlyOnTheWall

Here's one that was reportedly taken at "a vintage bridal shop in Eden Prairie, MN." Thanks, sharpieheartz!! heart This one is not new to me, but there is another one in the bunch that I had not seen previously, reportedly also taken at the bridal shop. I'll share that one next.

Edit: I have not independently confirmed that it was taken in Eden Prairie; however, that is how sharpie labeled the photos. Perhaps she can provide more information about the source of that information.


1544951757.jpg

[Edited 5/18/18 9:17am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #215 posted 05/18/18 9:12am

pinkcashmere23

FlyOnTheWall said:

Here's one that was reportedly taken at "a vintage bridal shop in Eden Prairie, MN." Thanks, sharpieheartz!! heart This one is not new to me, but there is another one in the bunch that I had not seen previously, reportedly also taken at the bridal shop. I'll share that one next.


I remember that photo caused some discussion. I hadn't heard that it was taken in Eden Prairie and I wonder why they were taking photos in a bridal shop? They had to know the speculation that would cause. lol Thanks for sharing sharpie and Fly!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #216 posted 05/18/18 9:15am

FlyOnTheWall

pinkcashmere23 said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

Here's one that was reportedly taken at "a vintage bridal shop in Eden Prairie, MN." Thanks, sharpieheartz!! heart This one is not new to me, but there is another one in the bunch that I had not seen previously, reportedly also taken at the bridal shop. I'll share that one next.


I remember that photo caused some discussion. I hadn't heard that it was taken in Eden Prairie and I wonder why they were taking photos in a bridal shop? They had to know the speculation that would cause. lol Thanks for sharing sharpie and Fly!

I have not independently confirmed that it was in Eden Prairie; however, that is how sharpie labeled those photos. Perhaps she can provide more information about the source of that information.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #217 posted 05/18/18 9:30am

pinkcashmere23

FlyOnTheWall said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

I remember that photo caused some discussion. I hadn't heard that it was taken in Eden Prairie and I wonder why they were taking photos in a bridal shop? They had to know the speculation that would cause. lol Thanks for sharing sharpie and Fly!

I have not independently confirmed that it was in Eden Prairie; however, that is how sharpie labeled those photos. Perhaps she can provide more information about the source of that information.

Gotcha. I don't remember exactly when Andy shared the photo but it seems like it was in early 2012.I thought at the time that they were probably playing with the fans. It's a rather silly photo and I can imagine that she and Prince had fun with it.

[Edited 5/18/18 10:15am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #218 posted 05/18/18 1:00pm

sharpieheartz

If you search the term "Andy Allo Schkopi" (Schkopi.com is the name of the website where these are posted) on Google Images, these photos come up as you scroll. Underneath the colored picture of Andy standing with the bridal dress, it's marked 'vintage bridal shop Eden Prarie. JPG'.
No more peace and quiet, I wonder Y...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #219 posted 05/18/18 1:47pm

pinkcashmere23

sharpieheartz said:

If you search the term "Andy Allo Schkopi" (Schkopi.com is the name of the website where these are posted) on Google Images, these photos come up as you scroll. Underneath the colored picture of Andy standing with the bridal dress, it's marked 'vintage bridal shop Eden Prarie. JPG'.

Thanks for the info sharpie. Interesting. They must have been taking a lot of pics in various locations. I saw in an old thread from 2011/12 that someone posted that Andy had shared a photo on FB with Prince visible in the background and she had captioned it, "Holla at a sister when you learn how to ghost plank." I don't recall seeing that one.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #220 posted 05/18/18 4:36pm

violetcrush

OldFriends4Sale said:

Mumio said:



lol I don't think you have listed enough of them yet razz



lol I haven't lol, my neck started hurting lol...

My lawd!!! I think I might have to agree with disch on this one....it's either an obsession or some type of marketing plan for Andy lol No doubt Prince did have some type of romantic thing with Andy, so what's the big deal? He's had a cajillion of them since 1979.....

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #221 posted 05/18/18 5:01pm

FlyOnTheWall

violetcrush said:

OldFriends4Sale said:

lol I haven't lol, my neck started hurting lol...

My lawd!!! I think I might have to agree with disch on this one....it's either an obsession or some type of marketing plan for Andy lol No doubt Prince did have some type of romantic thing with Andy, so what's the big deal? He's had a cajillion of them since 1979.....

Wow. Are you marketing for Susannah? Are you obsessed with her relationship with Prince? Before now, have I had a word to say about you and your posts? The answer is, "No...because I figure that you are entitled to your opinion." I wish others had the decency to afford me the same courtesy. And, while it's true that Prince had lots of "romantic things," IMHO, not all of them can be lumped together.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #222 posted 05/18/18 5:06pm

violetcrush

FlyOnTheWall said:

violetcrush said:

My lawd!!! I think I might have to agree with disch on this one....it's either an obsession or some type of marketing plan for Andy lol No doubt Prince did have some type of romantic thing with Andy, so what's the big deal? He's had a cajillion of them since 1979.....

Wow. Are you marketing for Susannah? Are you obsessed with her relationship with Prince? Before now, have I had a word to say about you and your posts? The answer is, "No...because I figure that you are entitled to your opinion." I wish others had the decency to afford me the same courtesy. And, while it's true that Prince had lots of "romantic things," IMHO, not all of them can be lumped together.

Actually Fly - I have created exactly ZERO threads on this site about Susannah, or anyone else connected to Prince. I did, however, respond to a ridiculous thread started by another member, and I was well away from the first responder on that thread.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #223 posted 05/18/18 5:27pm

pinkcashmere23

FlyOnTheWall said:

violetcrush said:

My lawd!!! I think I might have to agree with disch on this one....it's either an obsession or some type of marketing plan for Andy lol No doubt Prince did have some type of romantic thing with Andy, so what's the big deal? He's had a cajillion of them since 1979.....

Wow. Are you marketing for Susannah? Are you obsessed with her relationship with Prince? Before now, have I had a word to say about you and your posts? The answer is, "No...because I figure that you are entitled to your opinion." I wish others had the decency to afford me the same courtesy. And, while it's true that Prince had lots of "romantic things," IMHO, not all of them can be lumped together.

I see no harm in remembering a time in Prince's life when he seemed to be very content.It also happened to be one of his most prolific periods and it produced some great music in my opinion.I think it was a sweet time in his life that he seemed to enjoy sharing with us. He was still pulling songs from that time and placing them on his recent albums.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #224 posted 05/18/18 5:31pm

FlyOnTheWall

violetcrush said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

Wow. Are you marketing for Susannah? Are you obsessed with her relationship with Prince? Before now, have I had a word to say about you and your posts? The answer is, "No...because I figure that you are entitled to your opinion." I wish others had the decency to afford me the same courtesy. And, while it's true that Prince had lots of "romantic things," IMHO, not all of them can be lumped together.

Actually Fly - I have created exactly ZERO threads on this site about Susannah, or anyone else connected to Prince. I did, however, respond to a ridiculous thread started by another member, and I was well away from the first responder on that thread.

And? Did I say that you had started a thread about Susannah? That matters not. What I'm saying is this: You mind your business...and, I would ask that you please allow me to do likewise. I am not bothering you. Please leave me to enjoy my downtime here on Prince.org.

And, for the record, I have initiated threads about lots of topics other than Andy Allo. I have shared numerous articles in various threads over the past two years...and I like to think that I contribute positively to this website. But, for some reason, it's like there is a target on my back and certain Orgers wants to take potshots at me. And, now, you have joined the party.

Most recently, I started a thread about Damaris Lewis, former NPG dancer, Prince's close friend, and reportedly the inspiration for "Black Muse." I posted numerous photos of her triumphant photocall at the Cannes Film Festival, along with her fellow cast members for Spike Lee's latest film, which has all the makings of a blockbuster. I would try to link it here, but that thread has mysteriously disappeared.

[snip - luv4u]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #225 posted 05/18/18 5:35pm

violetcrush

FlyOnTheWall said:

violetcrush said:

Actually Fly - I have created exactly ZERO threads on this site about Susannah, or anyone else connected to Prince. I did, however, respond to a ridiculous thread started by another member, and I was well away from the first responder on that thread.

And? Did I say that you had started a thread about Susannah? That matters not. What I'm saying is this: You mind your business...and, I would ask that you please allow me to do likewise. I am not bothering you. Please leave me to enjoy my downtime here on Prince.org.

And, for the record, I have initiated threads about lots of topics other than Andy Allo. I have shared numerous articles in various threads over the past two years...and I like to think that I contribute positively to this website. But, for some reason, it's like there is a target on my back and certain Orgers wants to take potshots at me. And, now, you have joined the party.

Most recently, I started a thread about Damaris Lewis, former NPG dancer, Prince's close friend, and reportedly the inspiration for "Black Muse." I posted numerous photos of her triumphant photocall at the Cannes Film Festival, along with her fellow cast members for Spike Lee's latest film, which has all the makings of a blockbuster. I would try to link it here, but that thread has mysteriously disappeared.

[snip - luv4u]

Easy Fly!! I was just agreeing that there seem to be an inordinate amount of threads created about Andy Allo. I really don't who you post about smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #226 posted 05/18/18 5:43pm

FlyOnTheWall

Here's another photo of Andy reportedly at the vintage bridal shop in Eden Prairie. Thanks, sharpieheartz!! heart love

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #227 posted 05/18/18 5:47pm

violetcrush

pinkcashmere23 said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

Wow. Are you marketing for Susannah? Are you obsessed with her relationship with Prince? Before now, have I had a word to say about you and your posts? The answer is, "No...because I figure that you are entitled to your opinion." I wish others had the decency to afford me the same courtesy. And, while it's true that Prince had lots of "romantic things," IMHO, not all of them can be lumped together.

I see no harm in remembering a time in Prince's life when he seemed to be very content.It also happened to be one of his most prolific periods and it produced some great music in my opinion.I think it was a sweet time in his life that he seemed to enjoy sharing with us. He was still pulling songs from that time and placing them on his recent albums.

Right on Pink. I agree!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #228 posted 05/18/18 5:49pm

FlyOnTheWall

violetcrush said:

FlyOnTheWall said:

And? Did I say that you had started a thread about Susannah? That matters not. What I'm saying is this: You mind your business...and, I would ask that you please allow me to do likewise. I am not bothering you. Please leave me to enjoy my downtime here on Prince.org.

And, for the record, I have initiated threads about lots of topics other than Andy Allo. I have shared numerous articles in various threads over the past two years...and I like to think that I contribute positively to this website. But, for some reason, it's like there is a target on my back and certain Orgers wants to take potshots at me. And, now, you have joined the party.

Most recently, I started a thread about Damaris Lewis, former NPG dancer, Prince's close friend, and reportedly the inspiration for "Black Muse." I posted numerous photos of her triumphant photocall at the Cannes Film Festival, along with her fellow cast members for Spike Lee's latest film, which has all the makings of a blockbuster. I would try to link it here, but that thread has mysteriously disappeared.

[snip - luv4u]

Easy Fly!! I was just agreeing that there seem to be an inordinate amount of threads created about Andy Allo. I really don't who you post about smile

Yes. And, many of them were started while Prince was still here among us. Check the dates. Point being, if Prince had no problem with all the Andy threads, what's it to you?? There's that...but, there is also the fact that Prince and Andy were involved in a very, very serious relationship. That probably explains why so many people have been moved to initiate threads about them...and the music their pairing inspired.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #229 posted 05/18/18 5:57pm

pinkcashmere23

FlyOnTheWall said:

Here's another photo of Andy reportedly at the vintage bridal shop in Eden Prairie. Thanks, sharpieheartz!! heart love

Beautiful! I have never seen that photo. Thanks for sharing sharpie! Thanks Fly for posting.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #230 posted 05/18/18 5:58pm

violetcrush

pinkcashmere23 said:

disch said:

Sigh. Pink, do what you like. I hope that your compensation (literal, figurative, who knows) for your posts on this topic is adequate for the time and effort you're commiting to it, and that your posting schedule allows you are appropriate time for sleep and other activities (such as, I don't know, listening to Prince).

-

I,like several other of Prince's fans like Andy and I love the songs that they wrote together such as Time,What It Feels Like,1000 Light Years,U Will B and RNRLA,the songs on Superconductor as well as their beautiful acoustic album Oui Can Luv. I have no agenda,nor am I being paid.Prince tweeted about Andy and her projects more than I ever will and I have no desire to do that to be honest but he obviously did for some reason.Actually I did listen to Prince all day today mixed in with a little Andy too of course.I'm listening to Oui Can Luv at the moment.

Pink, I actually prefer the orginial - "We can F***k" which was before he censored his music, but, what can I say?? I guess I"m old school smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #231 posted 05/18/18 5:59pm

pinkcashmere23

violetcrush said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

I see no harm in remembering a time in Prince's life when he seemed to be very content.It also happened to be one of his most prolific periods and it produced some great music in my opinion.I think it was a sweet time in his life that he seemed to enjoy sharing with us. He was still pulling songs from that time and placing them on his recent albums.

Right on Pink. I agree!

thumbs up!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #232 posted 05/18/18 6:04pm

pinkcashmere23

violetcrush said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

I,like several other of Prince's fans like Andy and I love the songs that they wrote together such as Time,What It Feels Like,1000 Light Years,U Will B and RNRLA,the songs on Superconductor as well as their beautiful acoustic album Oui Can Luv. I have no agenda,nor am I being paid.Prince tweeted about Andy and her projects more than I ever will and I have no desire to do that to be honest but he obviously did for some reason.Actually I did listen to Prince all day today mixed in with a little Andy too of course.I'm listening to Oui Can Luv at the moment.

Pink, I actually prefer the orginial - "We can F***k" which was before he censored his music, but, what can I say?? I guess I"m old school smile

I like both but I'm not crazy about the version on Graffiti Bridge. I can appreciate what Prince was trying to do with he and Andy's rendition though. It's a softer side of the song.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #233 posted 05/18/18 7:23pm

violetcrush

pinkcashmere23 said:



violetcrush said:




pinkcashmere23 said:



I,like several other of Prince's fans like Andy and I love the songs that they wrote together such as Time,What It Feels Like,1000 Light Years,U Will B and RNRLA,the songs on Superconductor as well as their beautiful acoustic album Oui Can Luv. I have no agenda,nor am I being paid.Prince tweeted about Andy and her projects more than I ever will and I have no desire to do that to be honest but he obviously did for some reason.Actually I did listen to Prince all day today mixed in with a little Andy too of course.I'm listening to Oui Can Luv at the moment.




Pink, I actually prefer the orginial - "We can F***k" which was before he censored his music, but, what can I say?? I guess I"m old school smile



I like both but I'm not crazy about the version on Graffiti Bridge. I can appreciate what Prince was trying to do with he and Andy's rendition though. It's a softer side of the song.



It's not the Graffiti Bridge track. That was censored too and changed to "We Can Funk". There is actually an original track recorded prior to that one. It's really really good - erotic, sexy 20-something Prince. Yum!
It was first recorded Dec 1983
[Edited 5/18/18 19:30pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #234 posted 05/18/18 7:32pm

pinkcashmere23

violetcrush said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

I like both but I'm not crazy about the version on Graffiti Bridge. I can appreciate what Prince was trying to do with he and Andy's rendition though. It's a softer side of the song.

It's not the Graffiti Bridge track. That was censored too and changed to "We Can Funk". There is actually an original track recorded prior to that one. It's really really good - erotic, sexy 20-something Prince. Yum!

lol I've heard it. I like it! I liked Prince on the GB version but I would have rather only he had been on the track. smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #235 posted 05/19/18 7:34am

violetcrush

pinkcashmere23 said:

violetcrush said:

pinkcashmere23 said: It's not the Graffiti Bridge track. That was censored too and changed to "We Can Funk". There is actually an original track recorded prior to that one. It's really really good - erotic, sexy 20-something Prince. Yum!

lol I've heard it. I like it! I liked Prince on the GB version but I would have rather only he had been on the track. smile

Speaking of GB, have you ever heard Prince's accoustic guitar demo of "Thieve's In The Temple"? Oh my, it is breathtaking. You can hear the anguish in his voice. It was on YT for a short while not long after he passed, but it was removed. I kick myself for not grabbing it.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #236 posted 05/19/18 7:45am

pinkcashmere23

violetcrush said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

lol I've heard it. I like it! I liked Prince on the GB version but I would have rather only he had been on the track. smile

Speaking of GB, have you ever heard Prince's accoustic guitar demo of "Thieve's In The Temple"? Oh my, it is breathtaking. You can hear the anguish in his voice. It was on YT for a short while not long after he passed, but it was removed. I kick myself for not grabbing it.

No,I unfortunately missed it.Would love to hear it! I loved the rendition he played for the Piano and Mic shows! His performance seemed so heartfelt. Hopefully the acoustic version will turn up again eventually.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #237 posted 05/19/18 7:58am

violetcrush

pinkcashmere23 said:

violetcrush said:

Speaking of GB, have you ever heard Prince's accoustic guitar demo of "Thieve's In The Temple"? Oh my, it is breathtaking. You can hear the anguish in his voice. It was on YT for a short while not long after he passed, but it was removed. I kick myself for not grabbing it.

No,I unfortunately missed it.Would love to hear it! I loved the rendition he played for the Piano and Mic shows! His performance seemed so heartfelt. Hopefully the acoustic version will turn up again eventually.

I am going to try to find it again. If I do I will let you know.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #238 posted 05/19/18 8:00am

pinkcashmere23

violetcrush said:

pinkcashmere23 said:

No,I unfortunately missed it.Would love to hear it! I loved the rendition he played for the Piano and Mic shows! His performance seemed so heartfelt. Hopefully the acoustic version will turn up again eventually.

I am going to try to find it again. If I do I will let you know.

I'd appreciate that. Thanks!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #239 posted 05/19/18 6:35pm

FlyOnTheWall

FlyOnTheWall said:

Here's another photo of Andy reportedly at the vintage bridal shop in Eden Prairie. Thanks, sharpieheartz!! heart love

ChocolateBox3121, is this the "picked out wedding dress" to which you referred earlier in this thread? Whatever the case, this dress is sublime with exquisite detail. It looks like it might even be handmade.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > All the Andy Allo Threads