independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 20th Oct 2017 10:57am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Associated artists & people > Video: New interview with Prince's ex-wife Mayte
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/08/17 7:50am

Latin

Video: New interview with Prince's ex-wife Mayte

Check out this new interview produced by The Zoo entitled "Prince Ex Wife Reveal Untold Stories on "The Most Beautiful" Book":

https://m.youtube.com/wat...5IZ_lajvFU
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/08/17 8:04am

thedance

avatar

heart

Prince 4Ever. heart
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/08/17 11:14am

Superfan1984

Ok-- What in the hell? She keeps saying in interview after interview, "I'd heard he wasn't doing well in January," and that she was going to go see him----- what does that statement mean? I've heard it many times--- does she mean health? drugs? What's this about? Either she knew he was on drugs or she didn't. Either he was sick or he wasn't- What is it and why isn't anyone being clear?

--- and thank you, Latin- for the link smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/08/17 11:20am

pinkcashmere23

Thanks Latin.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/08/17 7:04pm

laurarichardso
n

Superfan1984 said:

Ok-- What in the hell? She keeps saying in interview after interview, "I'd heard he wasn't doing well in January," and that she was going to go see him----- what does that statement mean? I've heard it many times--- does she mean health? drugs? What's this about? Either she knew he was on drugs or she didn't. Either he was sick or he wasn't- What is it and why isn't anyone being clear?

--- and thank you, Latin- for the link smile

It is just more stupidness. People need to knock it off and be straight forward they are too busy thinking about dollar signs. She was not going to see him she was too busy selling his stuff at the auction house.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/09/17 6:40am

Superfan1984

Interesting that she heard he was in bad shape (in whatever way) in January. That blind gosspip item came out not too long after saying he had AIDS and would be gone by Summer. Supposedly by "someone in his camp" confused Not saying she sold that to the tabloids, but someone vaguely associated with him heard something and went to the tabloids. If someone in his camp was telling Mayte who he didn't talk to- hadn't reached out to- personal details about his health then, god knows who else they told and that explains that blind gossip article.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/09/17 7:33am

laurarichardso
n

Superfan1984 said:

Interesting that she heard he was in bad shape (in whatever way) in January. That blind gosspip item came out not too long after saying he had AIDS and would be gone by Summer. Supposedly by "someone in his camp" confused Not saying she sold that to the tabloids, but someone vaguely associated with him heard something and went to the tabloids. If someone in his camp was telling Mayte who he didn't talk to- hadn't reached out to- personal details about his health then, god knows who else they told and that explains that blind gossip article.

The only think wrong with the blind gossip item is I have seen at least five other celebs who names have been attached to this very type of gossip.

I also think the tabs have been searching high and low for dirt and probally would have dug up his medical file by now. I know anytime someone loses weight people believe they have AIDS when it could be a rack of other things.

We do know that Dr. S did not write any drugs for him connected to HIV or AIDS and Prince did have some plans into the summer so I am not sure he had something that was going to take him out by the summer. I do believe he did have other health issues outside of pain pill addiction.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/09/17 8:10am

Superfan1984

No, I do not think Prince had AIDS, what I think is that someone is his camp was telling people he was in bad shape (for whatever reason- health issue- drugs- Whatever Mayte is alluding to when she says she knew in January he was not doing well) and I think, someone sold this Aids bs story because they knew he wasn't well and wanted the paycheck for the story. confused - knowing that something else was the matter ...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/09/17 9:54am

Flirt1

In Mayte's book she says she was notified of Prince's passing in a phone call from Manuela. Why do you think M2 was notified first and who do you think from Prince's entourage made the call to Manuela?
Just can't figure out why they informed M2 before M1.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/09/17 10:09am

Superfan1984

Flirt1 said:

In Mayte's book she says she was notified of Prince's passing in a phone call from Manuela. Why do you think M2 was notified first and who do you think from Prince's entourage made the call to Manuela? Just can't figure out why they informed M2 before M1.

Who knows? Could be since M2 was the most recent wife, that the same people around him at the time of his passing knew her and had a relationship with M2 but didn't know M1-- ?? Maybe, I don't know.. I've wondered that myself.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/09/17 11:21am

laurarichardso
n

Superfan1984 said:

No, I do not think Prince had AIDS, what I think is that someone is his camp was telling people he was in bad shape (for whatever reason- health issue- drugs- Whatever Mayte is alluding to when she says she knew in January he was not doing well) and I think, someone sold this Aids bs story because they knew he wasn't well and wanted the paycheck for the story. confused - knowing that something else was the matter ...

Well I have believed from the minute TMZ got on the scence that someone from his camp was selling info to TMZ. Up and until that AIDS story you never saw stuff about Prince on TMZ or the tabs.

If you did a search on any of those sites you would find stuff from April 2016 and on and not much prior to that.

He only had a few people in his inner circle in the last year so I wonder who needed a check.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/09/17 12:24pm

Superfan1984

laurarichardson said:

Superfan1984 said:

No, I do not think Prince had AIDS, what I think is that someone is his camp was telling people he was in bad shape (for whatever reason- health issue- drugs- Whatever Mayte is alluding to when she says she knew in January he was not doing well) and I think, someone sold this Aids bs story because they knew he wasn't well and wanted the paycheck for the story. confused - knowing that something else was the matter ...

Well I have believed from the minute TMZ got on the scence that someone from his camp was selling info to TMZ. Up and until that AIDS story you never saw stuff about Prince on TMZ or the tabs.

If you did a search on any of those sites you would find stuff from April 2016 and on and not much prior to that.

He only had a few people in his inner circle in the last year so I wonder who needed a check.

Yep. And you know, a lie is best hidden between two truths, so, someone knew he wasn't doing good and sensationalized it by adding the Aids part- probably to get more $$$ for the "scoop," confused confused

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/09/17 1:11pm

LOVESYMBOLNUMB
ER2

Who knows where the tmz story came from? But mayte did not know anything more than whatever gossip anybody was hearing about his condition, the fact that no one from princes circle called to tell her he had passed is another indication of her status in his life...She did not hesitate to include horrible hearsay in her book, but somehow can not say what she was told about his condition that winter? And I think the only reason she makes a point of always saying she was planning on seeing him in spring (apparently invited or not) is her way of bringing her relationship with prince more current for the press tour..this is my opinion, and to clarify I do not hate mayte...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/09/17 2:02pm

sonshine

avatar

This thread is another example of much adieau about nothing. Maybe she didn't know anymore than was stated. Maybe the person who told her didn't know what was wrong. Maybe he just looked unwell and that was enough to concern someone. Sometimes a duck is just a duck. Sometimes not every comment needs to be over analyzed as tho it contains the smoking gun.
Have you had your plus sign (+) today?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/09/17 3:45pm

rogifan

avatar

sonshine said:

This thread is another example of much adieau about nothing. Maybe she didn't know anymore than was stated. Maybe the person who told her didn't know what was wrong. Maybe he just looked unwell and that was enough to concern someone. Sometimes a duck is just a duck. Sometimes not every comment needs to be over analyzed as tho it contains the smoking gun.

nod
Paisley Park is in your heart
#PrinceForever 💜
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/09/17 4:33pm

LOVESYMBOLNUMB
ER2

sonshine said:

This thread is another example of much adieau about nothing. Maybe she didn't know anymore than was stated. Maybe the person who told her didn't know what was wrong. Maybe he just looked unwell and that was enough to concern someone. Sometimes a duck is just a duck. Sometimes not every comment needs to be over analyzed as tho it contains the smoking gun.





Isn't the purpose of the org to over analyze everything? His music, his life, his death and everything in between, dissected down to the punctuation every day...so?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/09/17 5:47pm

laurarichardso
n

LOVESYMBOLNUMBER2 said:

Who knows where the tmz story came from? But mayte did not know anything more than whatever gossip anybody was hearing about his condition, the fact that no one from princes circle called to tell her he had passed is another indication of her status in his life...She did not hesitate to include horrible hearsay in her book, but somehow can not say what she was told about his condition that winter? And I think the only reason she makes a point of always saying she was planning on seeing him in spring (apparently invited or not) is her way of bringing her relationship with prince more current for the press tour..this is my opinion, and to clarify I do not hate mayte...

I believe you are correct. She cannot tell us anything about what was going with Prince because she was not in his life.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/09/17 9:13pm

AnnaStesia10

avatar

Thanx Latin for posting this.

"A strong spirit transcends rules." - Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 08/10/17 8:38am

Zannaloaf

sonshine said:

This thread is another example of much adieau about nothing. Maybe she didn't know anymore than was stated. Maybe the person who told her didn't know what was wrong. Maybe he just looked unwell and that was enough to concern someone. Sometimes a duck is just a duck. Sometimes not every comment needs to be over analyzed as tho it contains the smoking gun.

New to the org are you? This is typical BS, making stuff up, conspiracy, jealousy, hate stuff you find when it comes to his exes.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/10/17 9:37am

laurarichardso
n

Zannaloaf said:

sonshine said:

This thread is another example of much adieau about nothing. Maybe she didn't know anymore than was stated. Maybe the person who told her didn't know what was wrong. Maybe he just looked unwell and that was enough to concern someone. Sometimes a duck is just a duck. Sometimes not every comment needs to be over analyzed as tho it contains the smoking gun.

New to the org are you? This is typical BS, making stuff up, conspiracy, jealousy, hate stuff you find when it comes to his exes.

The is an example of people using their heads to think

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/11/17 8:52am

1Sasha

Who really knew? Kirk? Tyka? The doctor(s) for sure. Judith Hill in the NYT interview alluded to something being wrong, and he needed help, but I don't think she really knew what was wrong. And Mayte was dreaming if she thought he was coming back. I like her, and bought her book, but ...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 08/11/17 9:44am

MMJas

avatar

I wonder how the book has been doing as of late.

Also, Susannah is writing a book, Startfish and Coffee...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 08/11/17 10:39am

Superfan1984

MMJas said:

I wonder how the book has been doing as of late.

Also, Susannah is writing a book, Startfish and Coffee...

How do you know? I would read that for sure!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 08/11/17 10:56am

MMJas

avatar

Superfan1984 said:

MMJas said:

I wonder how the book has been doing as of late.

Also, Susannah is writing a book, Startfish and Coffee...

How do you know? I would read that for sure!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXZIHgrDjlB/?hl=pt&taken-by=susannahmelvoin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 08/11/17 11:34am

Superfan1984

MMJas said:

Superfan1984 said:

How do you know? I would read that for sure!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXZIHgrDjlB/?hl=pt&taken-by=susannahmelvoin

duh- I should have checked instagram! Thank you! smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 08/11/17 1:50pm

NotACleverName

avatar

Superfan1984 said:



MMJas said:

I wonder how the book has been doing as of late. Also, Susannah is writing a book, Startfish and Coffee...


How do you know? I would read that for sure!


Hmmmm....interesting and somewhat humorous. Where's the unabashed rage for her book writing project. She will, most assuredly, share details about her relationship w/Prince. Would anyone be interested in her story if it was not directly linked to Prince? Further, I feel this question is applicable here: why didn't she write one when he was alive?

Don't get me wrong....I look forward to it and will happily purchase her "memoir" (or however it's represented) and enjoy reading it. However, the premise of this project sounds vaguely familiar.
"Go placidly amid the noise and the haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence......." ~ DESIDERATA ~ Max Ehrmann
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 08/12/17 2:57am

MMJas

avatar

NotACleverName said:

Superfan1984 said:

How do you know? I would read that for sure!

Hmmmm....interesting and somewhat humorous. Where's the unabashed rage for her book writing project. She will, most assuredly, share details about her relationship w/Prince. Would anyone be interested in her story if it was not directly linked to Prince? Further, I feel this question is applicable here: why didn't she write one when he was alive? Don't get me wrong....I look forward to it and will happily purchase her "memoir" (or however it's represented) and enjoy reading it. However, the premise of this project sounds vaguely familiar.

I hear ya. I think they are all cashing in, tbh.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 08/12/17 6:38am

PennyPurple

avatar

NotACleverName said:

Hmmmm....interesting and somewhat humorous. Where's the unabashed rage for her book writing project. She will, most assuredly, share details about her relationship w/Prince. Would anyone be interested in her story if it was not directly linked to Prince? Further, I feel this question is applicable here: why didn't she write one when he was alive? Don't get me wrong....I look forward to it and will happily purchase her "memoir" (or however it's represented) and enjoy reading it. However, the premise of this project sounds vaguely familiar.

lol yeahthat

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 08/12/17 7:53am

LOVESYMBOLNUMB
ER2

PennyPurple said:



NotACleverName said:





Hmmmm....interesting and somewhat humorous. Where's the unabashed rage for her book writing project. She will, most assuredly, share details about her relationship w/Prince. Would anyone be interested in her story if it was not directly linked to Prince? Further, I feel this question is applicable here: why didn't she write one when he was alive? Don't get me wrong....I look forward to it and will happily purchase her "memoir" (or however it's represented) and enjoy reading it. However, the premise of this project sounds vaguely familiar.

lol yeahthat






All the books to come are no surprise, we all know pretty much everyone associated with prince will write a book sooner or later. Perhaps, in this case if susannah does not get on every media outlet possible and lead with super degrading hearsay bull, she will not be met with "unabashed rage"...I guess we will have to wait and see if Susannah's book is as "humorous" as maytes...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 08/12/17 2:44pm

PennyPurple

avatar

LOVESYMBOLNUMBER2 said:

PennyPurple said:

lol yeahthat

All the books to come are no surprise, we all know pretty much everyone associated with prince will write a book sooner or later. Perhaps, in this case if susannah does not get on every media outlet possible and lead with super degrading hearsay bull, she will not be met with "unabashed rage"...I guess we will have to wait and see if Susannah's book is as "humorous" as maytes...

Awww C'mon. We know she will be all over the news and TV to promote her book. There was outrage over Maytes book, before she did any interviews, when it was announced that she had a book coming out, the screaming in rage began.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Associated artists & people > Video: New interview with Prince's ex-wife Mayte