independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 22nd Mar 2019 3:12pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > How are transhumanists perceived in your country?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/28/19 1:11am

databank

avatar

How are transhumanists perceived in your country?

Transhumanism and future technologies in general are experiencing a strong backlash in France these days. People only recently got aware of those things and those topics are generally met with hostility

.

I was wondering if it was the same in other countries, including the US. Of course I don't expect you to give me opinion polls or any such thing, just your general impression on how most people perceive those topics in your country.

.

Thx hug

.

EDIT: I have edited my OP because it appears that hinting about my opinion on the topic targets people to express theirs. Please do not derail the thread by stating your own views, it's not what I'm asking. Or if you do please answer the question first then state your opinion.

.

[Edited 3/1/19 0:32am]

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/28/19 3:05am

MoBettaBliss


in Australia, March 26 is national Transhumanism day. Each year on this day, the men folk of our country like to glue a microchip to the head of our penises before making passionate love to our women (aka sheilas), in the hope that we will spawn a new species of half human, half robots.

no luck as of yet though sad

I guess Australia is just more cultured than France... crikey

you're welcome hug


.

[Edited 2/28/19 3:06am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/28/19 8:47am

Genesia

avatar

This is just eugenics in another form. It's loathsome either way.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/28/19 9:18am

databank

avatar

Genesia said:

This is just eugenics in another form. It's loathsome either way.

.

Please do not do this. This is not the question I asked. If you wish to discuss transhumanism we can devote another thread to that but please do not derail this one.

[Edited 2/28/19 9:46am]

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/28/19 9:19am

databank

avatar

MoBettaBliss said:


in Australia, March 26 is national Transhumanism day. Each year on this day, the men folk of our country like to glue a microchip to the head of our penises before making passionate love to our women (aka sheilas), in the hope that we will spawn a new species of half human, half robots.

no luck as of yet though sad

I guess Australia is just more cultured than France... crikey

you're welcome hug


.

[Edited 2/28/19 3:06am]

Er... OK, thx.

Next?

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/28/19 10:06am

S2DG

Maybe if you stated your views and perspective on Transhumanism then people would be able to have a conversation with you. I have never considered, thought or perceived of "Transhumanism"

If you want to talk about the future of human beings using technology to elevate our abilities, maybe you should start with fixing the present problems that most people have utilizing technology.

This seems to be the best way to put Transhumanism into a positive light by showing it's possiblities while getting support from most who may not even know what it is.

I didn't until 5 minutes ago.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/28/19 10:50am

databank

avatar

S2DG said:

Maybe if you stated your views and perspective on Transhumanism then people would be able to have a conversation with you. I have never considered, thought or perceived of "Transhumanism"

If you want to talk about the future of human beings using technology to elevate our abilities, maybe you should start with fixing the present problems that most people have utilizing technology.

This seems to be the best way to put Transhumanism into a positive light by showing it's possiblities while getting support from most who may not even know what it is.

I didn't until 5 minutes ago.

Ha! That's already something interesting that some people haven't heard the word yet. Where are you from?

.

Regarding what you say I read ya but really...

I do not wish to state my views and perspective on transhumanism in this thread.

I do not want to talk about the future of human beings in this thread.

I do not wish to put transhumanism in a positive light in this thread.

You may create another thread to discuss transhumanism, I'll gladly take part. It's not that I don't wanna discuss it at all, it's just that discussing it is not why I created this thread and discussing it would only derail it.

.

I would just like to know how this school of thought is generally perceived in other countries, or at least what your impressions are about the general opinion/prejudice about it.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/28/19 11:51am

poppys

Pass.

[Edited 2/28/19 22:06pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/28/19 11:54am

S2DG

databank said:

Ha! That's already something interesting that some people haven't heard the word yet. Where are you from?

.

Regarding what you say I read ya but really...

I do not wish to state my views and perspective on transhumanism in this thread.

I do not want to talk about the future of human beings in this thread.

I do not wish to put transhumanism in a positive light in this thread.

You may create another thread to discuss transhumanism, I'll gladly take part. It's not that I don't wanna discuss it at all, it's just that discussing it is not why I created this thread and discussing it would only derail it.

.

I would just like to know how this school of thought is generally perceived in other countries, or at least what your impressions are about the general opinion/prejudice about it.


From the U.S.

Since you don't want to discuss it, then I've already stated how it's generally perceived, it isn't.

Although robots and what Boston Dynamics is doing to create robots that can ice skate, walk steps and climb walls is pretty intense. The repercussions of this combined with AI is frightening to some I've heard mention it.


Or maybe it was just the Terminator and IRobot movies... lol

[Edited 2/28/19 11:59am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/28/19 11:58am

MoBettaBliss

databank said:

S2DG said:

Maybe if you stated your views and perspective on Transhumanism then people would be able to have a conversation with you. I have never considered, thought or perceived of "Transhumanism"

If you want to talk about the future of human beings using technology to elevate our abilities, maybe you should start with fixing the present problems that most people have utilizing technology.

This seems to be the best way to put Transhumanism into a positive light by showing it's possiblities while getting support from most who may not even know what it is.

I didn't until 5 minutes ago.

Ha! That's already something interesting that some people haven't heard the word yet. Where are you from?

.



i hadn't heard of it either

just so you know... i totally made that shit up about glueing microchips to my dick

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/28/19 3:16pm

EmmaMcG

avatar

MoBettaBliss said:



databank said:




S2DG said:


Maybe if you stated your views and perspective on Transhumanism then people would be able to have a conversation with you. I have never considered, thought or perceived of "Transhumanism"

If you want to talk about the future of human beings using technology to elevate our abilities, maybe you should start with fixing the present problems that most people have utilizing technology.

This seems to be the best way to put Transhumanism into a positive light by showing it's possiblities while getting support from most who may not even know what it is.

I didn't until 5 minutes ago.



Ha! That's already something interesting that some people haven't heard the word yet. Where are you from?


.






i hadn't heard of it either

just so you know... i totally made that shit up about glueing microchips to my dick



You made that up? Shit, my cousin lived in Australia for most of her life and I was getting ready to give her crazy abuse about it. Well, now my weekend has been ruined, thanks a lot.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/28/19 4:14pm

MoBettaBliss

EmmaMcG said:

MoBettaBliss said:



i hadn't heard of it either

just so you know... i totally made that shit up about glueing microchips to my dick

You made that up? Shit, my cousin lived in Australia for most of her life and I was getting ready to give her crazy abuse about it. Well, now my weekend has been ruined, thanks a lot.



that's a shame... isn't there something else you can give her crazy abuse about?... what's her first name?... maybe i know her... there's not many people here

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/28/19 9:54pm

databank

avatar

poppys said:

You need to include at least one link here. Define your topic. Not enough info and lots of rules.

Starting a thread and telling people you don't want their opinions or views is a big nonstarter too. Maybe you need another way to collect general impressions.

A nonstarter? eek

It's a bit like those threads that go like, you know:

OP: Does Prince play guitar on Song X?

ORGER 1: Song X sucks!

ORGER 2: Song X rocks!

OP: OK, but how does it help?

ORGER 1 and 2: It doesn't, we just wanted to vomit our opinion on you because all that matters in the world is our opinion, and you can die with your question: who cares if Prince plays guitar on Song X, all that matters is what we think of Song X.

.

All I ask is that people don't derail the thread. I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just asking a question and people are free to reply or not but it's rude to reply something else than what was ask, I'm sorry. As for the definition, if they never heard the word then it's a reply in itself and it's OK.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/28/19 9:54pm

databank

avatar

S2DG said:

databank said:

Ha! That's already something interesting that some people haven't heard the word yet. Where are you from?

.

Regarding what you say I read ya but really...

I do not wish to state my views and perspective on transhumanism in this thread.

I do not want to talk about the future of human beings in this thread.

I do not wish to put transhumanism in a positive light in this thread.

You may create another thread to discuss transhumanism, I'll gladly take part. It's not that I don't wanna discuss it at all, it's just that discussing it is not why I created this thread and discussing it would only derail it.

.

I would just like to know how this school of thought is generally perceived in other countries, or at least what your impressions are about the general opinion/prejudice about it.


From the U.S.

Since you don't want to discuss it, then I've already stated how it's generally perceived, it isn't.

Although robots and what Boston Dynamics is doing to create robots that can ice skate, walk steps and climb walls is pretty intense. The repercussions of this combined with AI is frightening to some I've heard mention it.


Or maybe it was just the Terminator and IRobot movies... lol

[Edited 2/28/19 11:59am]

OK cool, thx hug

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/28/19 9:55pm

databank

avatar

MoBettaBliss said:

databank said:

Ha! That's already something interesting that some people haven't heard the word yet. Where are you from?

.



i hadn't heard of it either

just so you know... i totally made that shit up about glueing microchips to my dick

I had figured that out lol

Thx for replying though hug

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/28/19 9:56pm

databank

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

MoBettaBliss said:



i hadn't heard of it either

just so you know... i totally made that shit up about glueing microchips to my dick

You made that up? Shit, my cousin lived in Australia for most of her life and I was getting ready to give her crazy abuse about it. Well, now my weekend has been ruined, thanks a lot.

lol lol lol

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 03/01/19 12:10am

EmmaMcG

avatar

MoBettaBliss said:



EmmaMcG said:


MoBettaBliss said:




i hadn't heard of it either

just so you know... i totally made that shit up about glueing microchips to my dick



You made that up? Shit, my cousin lived in Australia for most of her life and I was getting ready to give her crazy abuse about it. Well, now my weekend has been ruined, thanks a lot.



that's a shame... isn't there something else you can give her crazy abuse about?... what's her first name?... maybe i know her... there's not many people here



Her name is Hannah. And before you suggest it, the Hannah Montana jokes have already run their course. I've even gotten bored of calling her Hannah Banana.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 03/01/19 12:16am

EmmaMcG

avatar

Just to answer the question posed in the thread title, I've never heard anyone here talking about transhumanism. No real people anyway. My brother is into all that nerdy sci fi stuff and I'm sure I've heard him mention it but I kind of zone out when he starts talking about computers and robots and stuff.

So unfortunately I can't tell you how transhumanists are perceived here in Ireland. I can give you my own opinion on it, even though I know you said you didn't want it. But personally, I believe it's the next logical step in human evolution.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 03/01/19 12:24am

MoBettaBliss

EmmaMcG said:

MoBettaBliss said:



that's a shame... isn't there something else you can give her crazy abuse about?... what's her first name?... maybe i know her... there's not many people here

Her name is Hannah. And before you suggest it, the Hannah Montana jokes have already run their course. I've even gotten bored of calling her Hannah Banana.



i know hannah... irish girl?... cousin named emma?

ask her about the night she tattooed a wombat... such a character that hannah

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 03/01/19 12:31am

databank

avatar

EmmaMcG said:

Just to answer the question posed in the thread title, I've never heard anyone here talking about transhumanism. No real people anyway. My brother is into all that nerdy sci fi stuff and I'm sure I've heard him mention it but I kind of zone out when he starts talking about computers and robots and stuff. So unfortunately I can't tell you how transhumanists are perceived here in Ireland. I can give you my own opinion on it, even though I know you said you didn't want it. But personally, I believe it's the next logical step in human evolution.

Thx dear hug

Actually it's not that I don't want your opinion at all, it's just that I'd rather have people at least answer the question first, which you did, so it's OK as long as it's on a sidenote.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 03/01/19 1:47am

EmmaMcG

avatar

MoBettaBliss said:



EmmaMcG said:


MoBettaBliss said:




that's a shame... isn't there something else you can give her crazy abuse about?... what's her first name?... maybe i know her... there's not many people here



Her name is Hannah. And before you suggest it, the Hannah Montana jokes have already run their course. I've even gotten bored of calling her Hannah Banana.



i know hannah... irish girl?... cousin named emma?

ask her about the night she tattooed a wombat... such a character that hannah



Yep, that's her alright. Crazy bitch. biggrin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 03/01/19 1:51am

deebee

avatar

I believe they should be perceived the same as cishumanists. And I favour unihumanist toilet arrangements.

"Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 03/01/19 2:06am

jaawwnn

avatar

An Irish writer wrote this

https://www.amazon.com/Be-Machine-Adventures-Utopians-Futurists-ebook/dp/B01GBAIZDG




so i'm going to say NOT GREAT.

Fantastically written book by the way.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 03/01/19 6:57am

onlyforaminute

Not something the average person is even talking about. People are having major issues with driverless cars, the concept of some human machine hybrid is just scifi to most.
Year of Return 2019
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 03/01/19 9:10am

poppys

databank said:

poppys said:

You need to include at least one link here. Define your topic. Not enough info and lots of rules.

Starting a thread and telling people you don't want their opinions or views is a big nonstarter too. Maybe you need another way to collect general impressions.

A nonstarter? eek

It's a bit like those threads that go like, you know:

OP: Does Prince play guitar on Song X?

ORGER 1: Song X sucks!

ORGER 2: Song X rocks!

OP: OK, but how does it help?

ORGER 1 and 2: It doesn't, we just wanted to vomit our opinion on you because all that matters in the world is our opinion, and you can die with your question: who cares if Prince plays guitar on Song X, all that matters is what we think of Song X.

.

All I ask is that people don't derail the thread. I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just asking a question and people are free to reply or not but it's rude to reply something else than what was ask, I'm sorry. As for the definition, if they never heard the word then it's a reply in itself and it's OK.


Yes, non-starter for me. Vague topic and question. From the way you've set this up, only you can decide what is good vomit in the rat maze. Pass.

I see this as a cute azz thread for GD, not P&R.

[Edited 3/1/19 16:50pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 03/02/19 12:01am

databank

avatar

poppys said:

databank said:

A nonstarter? eek

It's a bit like those threads that go like, you know:

OP: Does Prince play guitar on Song X?

ORGER 1: Song X sucks!

ORGER 2: Song X rocks!

OP: OK, but how does it help?

ORGER 1 and 2: It doesn't, we just wanted to vomit our opinion on you because all that matters in the world is our opinion, and you can die with your question: who cares if Prince plays guitar on Song X, all that matters is what we think of Song X.

.

All I ask is that people don't derail the thread. I don't mean to offend anyone, I'm just asking a question and people are free to reply or not but it's rude to reply something else than what was ask, I'm sorry. As for the definition, if they never heard the word then it's a reply in itself and it's OK.


Yes, non-starter for me. Vague topic and question. From the way you've set this up, only you can decide what is good vomit in the rat maze. Pass.

I see this as a cute azz thread for GD, not P&R.

[Edited 3/1/19 16:50pm]

I created it in GD and the mods moved it here.

I'm sorry but neither the topic or question are vague. All that is the matter here is that I've asked people to restrain their vomiting urge and you take it as a personal threat to your freedom of speech. It's noth ng like that I assure you. But I'm sorry if I've upset you.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 03/02/19 12:02am

databank

avatar

deebee said:

I believe they should be perceived the same as cishumanists. And I favour unihumanist toilet arrangements.

Not sure what to make of this.

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 03/02/19 12:04am

databank

avatar

jaawwnn said:

An Irish writer wrote this

https://www.amazon.com/Be-Machine-Adventures-Utopians-Futurists-ebook/dp/B01GBAIZDG




so i'm going to say NOT GREAT.

Fantastically written book by the way.

Thx, I'll read it hug

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 03/02/19 12:07am

databank

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

Not something the average person is even talking about. People are having major issues with driverless cars, the concept of some human machine hybrid is just scifi to most.

Interesting. I wonder what issues? Jobs? Security? Empowerment?

May I ask where you're from?

Thx hug

A COMPREHENSIVE PRINCE DISCOGRAPHY (work in progress ^^): https://sites.google.com/...iscog/home
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 03/02/19 4:26am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

MoBettaBliss said:


in Australia, March 26 is national Transhumanism day. Each year on this day, the men folk of our country like to glue a microchip to the head of our penises before making passionate love to our women (aka sheilas), in the hope that we will spawn a new species of half human, half robots.

no luck as of yet though sad

I guess Australia is just more cultured than France... crikey

you're welcome hug


.

[Edited 2/28/19 3:06am]



lol
President Trump is a disgusting piece of shit.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > How are transhumanists perceived in your country?