independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 19th Mar 2019 8:10am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Breaking: Jussie Smollett’s “Empire” Role Axed After ‘Attack’ Scandal, But It Gets Worse
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 5 of 36 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #120 posted 02/01/19 12:40pm

Musicslave

DiminutiveRocker said:

2elijah said:

Here’s a portion of another article: https://www.google.com/ur...1623683350 Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett breaks silence about Chicago attack WGN Web Desk (Edited for compliance) “...Surveillance video showed Smollett with a rope as he returned home, but there is no video of an attack. Smollett did not want to turn over his cell phone to police, but his representative tells TMZ, they are gathering his phone records to turn over to authorities. Smollett and his manager say they were on the phone together when the attack happened. "He's been very cooperative with us and I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be cooperative. We are making some gains in the investigation and we'll continue to investigate it," Chicago Police Supt. Eddie Johnson told WGN Friday.”

I hope they are able to get to the bottom of this attack soon.

-

Me too. These attacks cannot be tolerated.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #121 posted 02/02/19 4:46am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

maplenpg said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:



PennyPurple said:




2elijah said:


So many questions: The attack had to be well planned, and they must have had some connection from another source to know he would be in Chicago. We know a few days earlier he received threatening letters, one with white powder that turned out to be aspirin, according to investigators. What’s strange is, according to reports, the attackers were equipped and ready with bleach and a rope at 2 am in the morning. How did they know he would leave the hotel at all that night? Were they just waiting for him to leave the hotel? When he tweeted from his plane, that he was on his way to Chicago, could that be how his attackers knew he would be in Chicago? They may have been followers of his tweets. Did he tweet what hotel he was at that day? Did he tweet he would be leaving the hotel to get food? Could that be how his attackers knew he would leave the hotel, and waited to attack him? Did they stake out exactly what area they wanted to do the attack, by knowing where they attacked him, there would be no cameras to record the attack? Who knows, but it will be interesting if the investigators find his attackers, and we find out how his attackers were able to pull this off. [Edited 2/1/19 6:15am]

So you don't think it was just random.?




So he says that he was on the phone with his manager at the time of the attack, then why didn’t his manager call 911???? If I'm looking at this incident as an elaborate hoax I would question that angle but probably some MAGA guys walking the streets of Chitown at 2am did it.


I wish I could begin to convey to you how ignorant, stupid and downright offensive comments like this are. Maybe when I have more time I will, but trust me,it was a dumbass comment to make.


Bullshit. If someone did attack Jussie I want to see them caught and given maximum sentence. Just get ready for articles questioning the details surrounding the details if no one is caught. Just like the details surrounding Covington MAGA hats incident people will question. It is a logical question, why didn't manager phone authorities?
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #122 posted 02/02/19 6:46am

maplenpg

avatar

SuperFurryAnimal said:

maplenpg said:
I wish I could begin to convey to you how ignorant, stupid and downright offensive comments like this are. Maybe when I have more time I will, but trust me,it was a dumbass comment to make.
Bullshit. If someone did attack Jussie I want to see them caught and given maximum sentence. Just get ready for articles questioning the details surrounding the details if no one is caught. Just like the details surrounding Covington MAGA hats incident people will question. It is a logical question, why didn't manager phone authorities?

If you were a logical person I'd answer, but you're not. In fact I never know if it's you or one of your characters' opinion I'm getting. So I won't answer, other than it's you that is bull-shitting, same as you always do. It's a shame really, I'm sure in there somewhere there is a rational person hiding rather than the idiot who asks 'if' Jussie got attacked and then points out questions, that haven't yet been asked, regarding whether it happened based solely on whether someone gets caught or not. New lows Furry. Try thinking different, it'd suit you better.

If love is the answer, what was the question? - Carter USM.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #123 posted 02/02/19 6:49am

benni

avatar

2elijah said:

benni said:


THAT was a powerful video. How anyone could be mad over that video and attack another human being, I'll never know. The only thing that anyone could be mad about with that video, is that it is the truth, and those things are happening.

No, what happened to Jussie was a hate crime, plain and simple. "How dare he step outside his "place" and make a comment and point out the hate in this world." They hate him because he's gay and they hate him because he's black. But they despise him because he's both. Do not call this anything other than what it is....HATE. And it is time that this hate is ended. This is the only damn world that we have and we have to live on this planet together, or we'll die on this planet together. But hating another human being, simply because of the color of their skin, or because of who they choose to love, has no room on this planet. We can't afford to keep giving this hate voice and action, because some incredible people are being damaged by it, and because it is hurting our society. I'm sick of it! I'm just sick at heart of the hate, the disparaging comments against people because they are somehow "different', when the truth be told, in all the ways that matter, we are all the same.

Benni unfortunately there are people who are ignorant about the human race. Many were told a false story that certain people of a skin color are superior. That is a lie, but some still want to hold on to that lie to benefit from it, and they usually have a need to feel more important and valued than others. I’m glad that after that horrific murder by a white supremacist, who murdered a Black man with a sword, admitted he traveled from Baltimore to kill a Black man. He was found guilty and serving time. Now the Mayor of NYC stated that anyone from a white supremacist group who carries out a race killing in NYC will be treated as a terrorist. That message needs to be imposed in every state. Those type of people are sick and twisted and very insecure of their own existence, because they are threatened by the progress/success of those they hate. What needs to be taught is that white supremacy ideology is a lie used to justify racist behavior/crimes, and one that holds racial anger towards those of color, while preaching false information about non-whites and specific religious groups. Jane Elliot has tried for years to educate many within her racial group, about that false ideology, because she sees it as a dangerously weapon based on an ignorant ideology. So far, no one knows who Jusdie’s attackers are, but they sure went through a lot of effort to practice and execute their hatred on Jussie.


It's just disheartening, 2elijah. I mean, speaking as a white woman, it gets tiring and draining to see this happening over and over again. I cannot even begin to imagine how it is for a person of color to have to live this and know that at any time they could be the next victim.

One of my clients (an elderly woman) and I always get into discussions about race. I don't know why she loves talking with me about it, but when I go to see her, she'll have another news article about a murder or racist attack, and will ask me if I've seen it. She says things were worse when she was young, but it seemed that we began to move away from it a bit, it seemed to start getting better, "but maybe it just wasn't acceptable for white people to be like that, so they hid it better", but she says she is seeing it start to become exactly the way it was when she was a little girl and she worries about her grands. She said that she sees more signs of PTSD in her family, but in the younger generations, it was more towards adulthood (30s and 40s) in these last two decades, but

that she is starting to see it in her young grandchildren now within the last several years. She also made a point to tell me that things are different this time, "My people are more educated, quite a few of us are very successful, and it won't be like when I was young and we remained subserviant to the white man. We know we aren't inferior now. You kick a dog enough times, eventually he'll bite back. And we've been kicked for centuries." She always brings me to tears when she tells me what she experienced as a young girl and I try so hard to maintain a professional demeanor, but I still get teary eyed. She's a beautiful woman, through and through, powerful, strong, and I always feel humbled after my visits with her.

Some of us know that our white skin doesn't make us superior. But not enough of us, and there are some that will never learn that message. I educate my children, guide them, teach them, and I just pray that it's not too little, too late. Because right now, hate is destroying this country.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #124 posted 02/02/19 9:13am

2elijah

avatar

benni said:



2elijah said:


benni said:



THAT was a powerful video. How anyone could be mad over that video and attack another human being, I'll never know. The only thing that anyone could be mad about with that video, is that it is the truth, and those things are happening.


No, what happened to Jussie was a hate crime, plain and simple. "How dare he step outside his "place" and make a comment and point out the hate in this world." They hate him because he's gay and they hate him because he's black. But they despise him because he's both. Do not call this anything other than what it is....HATE. And it is time that this hate is ended. This is the only damn world that we have and we have to live on this planet together, or we'll die on this planet together. But hating another human being, simply because of the color of their skin, or because of who they choose to love, has no room on this planet. We can't afford to keep giving this hate voice and action, because some incredible people are being damaged by it, and because it is hurting our society. I'm sick of it! I'm just sick at heart of the hate, the disparaging comments against people because they are somehow "different', when the truth be told, in all the ways that matter, we are all the same.



Benni unfortunately there are people who are ignorant about the human race. Many were told a false story that certain people of a skin color are superior. That is a lie, but some still want to hold on to that lie to benefit from it, and they usually have a need to feel more important and valued than others. I’m glad that after that horrific murder by a white supremacist, who murdered a Black man with a sword, admitted he traveled from Baltimore to kill a Black man. He was found guilty and serving time. Now the Mayor of NYC stated that anyone from a white supremacist group who carries out a race killing in NYC will be treated as a terrorist. That message needs to be imposed in every state. Those type of people are sick and twisted and very insecure of their own existence, because they are threatened by the progress/success of those they hate. What needs to be taught is that white supremacy ideology is a lie used to justify racist behavior/crimes, and one that holds racial anger towards those of color, while preaching false information about non-whites and specific religious groups. Jane Elliot has tried for years to educate many within her racial group, about that false ideology, because she sees it as a dangerously weapon based on an ignorant ideology. So far, no one knows who Jusdie’s attackers are, but they sure went through a lot of effort to practice and execute their hatred on Jussie.


It's just disheartening, 2elijah. I mean, speaking as a white woman, it gets tiring and draining to see this happening over and over again. I cannot even begin to imagine how it is for a person of color to have to live this and know that at any time they could be the next victim.

One of my clients (an elderly woman) and I always get into discussions about race. I don't know why she loves talking with me about it, but when I go to see her, she'll have another news article about a murder or racist attack, and will ask me if I've seen it. She says things were worse when she was young, but it seemed that we began to move away from it a bit, it seemed to start getting better, "but maybe it just wasn't acceptable for white people to be like that, so they hid it better", but she says she is seeing it start to become exactly the way it was when she was a little girl and she worries about her grands. She said that she sees more signs of PTSD in her family, but in the younger generations, it was more towards adulthood (30s and 40s) in these last two decades, but


that she is starting to see it in her young grandchildren now within the last several years. She also made a point to tell me that things are different this time, "My people are more educated, quite a few of us are very successful, and it won't be like when I was young and we remained subserviant to the white man. We know we aren't inferior now. You kick a dog enough times, eventually he'll bite back. And we've been kicked for centuries." She always brings me to tears when she tells me what she experienced as a young girl and I try so hard to maintain a professional demeanor, but I still get teary eyed. She's a beautiful woman, through and through, powerful, strong, and I always feel humbled after my visits with her.

Some of us know that our white skin doesn't make us superior. But not enough of us, and there are some that will never learn that message. I educate my children, guide them, teach them, and I just pray that it's not too little, too late. Because right now, hate is destroying this country.



That was a beautiful post, and I admire and respect you for understanding what many of these types of situations, for so many. I don’t like generalizing that all from one race are or think the same. With racial situations, I focus more on the individual or individuals who actually practice their hatred in public or use that hatred and ignorance, to deny an opportunity to those whose racial group/culture/religion, they are ignorant about.

I can understand what your friend is talking about. Years ago my youngest brother was a victim of a racial attack, by another child no less. I always wondered who taught that child to hate or harbor the racist comments she would often come to class, and spout towards my brother. Unfortunately, one day she turned that hatred into a physical attack, because he told her he was going to tell the teacher what she said to him, and so she decided to attack my brother, and my brother suffered injuries, that later affected his speech. The amazing thing is that after that incident, he never allowed what happened to him, to blame his attacker’s entire racial group, for what happened to him. He understood later that she had to learn that type of ignorance and hatred from home.

I don’t like to talk about that incident much, as a I was a child myself at the time it happened, and through my young school years, had to deal with racist teachers making questionable, racist comments towards me and my other African-American classmates, and trying to discourage us from desiring opportunities they felt we were not deserving of because of our race. Fortunately those teachers had no idea that I was not one to fall for that kind of nonsense, and so I took every opportunity to let them know I didn’t agree with them, and that stance was pretty much my weapon in fighting racism.

I challenged racial prejudice with the belief that I could do and be anything I wanted to be, regardless if I knew that racial hatred existed. That kind of mentality was my means for surviving racism. I taught my son the same, to treat each racial situation he ever encounters, individually, because it helps to reduce or deter the level of anger one experiences, when facing racial incidents/situations.

You should never feel guilty for another person’s racial ignorance or racial act. Individuals like that have to figure out their wrongs/racial ignorance on their own or if not, they will just pass it down to the next generation.

Keep being the beautiful human being you are, because compassionate, secure, selfless, understanding humans like you, are needed in this world to help fight the ugliness of racism. Thanks for sharing your story. hug
[Edited 2/2/19 9:20am]
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #125 posted 02/02/19 6:58pm

uPtoWnNY

benni said:

2elijah said:

benni said: Benni unfortunately there are people who are ignorant about the human race. Many were told a false story that certain people of a skin color are superior. That is a lie, but some still want to hold on to that lie to benefit from it, and they usually have a need to feel more important and valued than others. I’m glad that after that horrific murder by a white supremacist, who murdered a Black man with a sword, admitted he traveled from Baltimore to kill a Black man. He was found guilty and serving time. Now the Mayor of NYC stated that anyone from a white supremacist group who carries out a race killing in NYC will be treated as a terrorist. That message needs to be imposed in every state. Those type of people are sick and twisted and very insecure of their own existence, because they are threatened by the progress/success of those they hate. What needs to be taught is that white supremacy ideology is a lie used to justify racist behavior/crimes, and one that holds racial anger towards those of color, while preaching false information about non-whites and specific religious groups. Jane Elliot has tried for years to educate many within her racial group, about that false ideology, because she sees it as a dangerously weapon based on an ignorant ideology. So far, no one knows who Jusdie’s attackers are, but they sure went through a lot of effort to practice and execute their hatred on Jussie.


It's just disheartening, 2elijah. I mean, speaking as a white woman, it gets tiring and draining to see this happening over and over again. I cannot even begin to imagine how it is for a person of color to have to live this and know that at any time they could be the next victim.

One of my clients (an elderly woman) and I always get into discussions about race. I don't know why she loves talking with me about it, but when I go to see her, she'll have another news article about a murder or racist attack, and will ask me if I've seen it. She says things were worse when she was young, but it seemed that we began to move away from it a bit, it seemed to start getting better, "but maybe it just wasn't acceptable for white people to be like that, so they hid it better", but she says she is seeing it start to become exactly the way it was when she was a little girl and she worries about her grands. She said that she sees more signs of PTSD in her family, but in the younger generations, it was more towards adulthood (30s and 40s) in these last two decades, but

that she is starting to see it in her young grandchildren now within the last several years. She also made a point to tell me that things are different this time, "My people are more educated, quite a few of us are very successful, and it won't be like when I was young and we remained subserviant to the white man. We know we aren't inferior now. You kick a dog enough times, eventually he'll bite back. And we've been kicked for centuries." She always brings me to tears when she tells me what she experienced as a young girl and I try so hard to maintain a professional demeanor, but I still get teary eyed. She's a beautiful woman, through and through, powerful, strong, and I always feel humbled after my visits with her.

Some of us know that our white skin doesn't make us superior. But not enough of us, and there are some that will never learn that message. I educate my children, guide them, teach them, and I just pray that it's not too little, too late. Because right now, hate is destroying this country.

I'm not disheartened by shit like this - I expect it. I learned the realities of life as a black american male growing up in segregated NYC & Long Island. Laws have changed to make our situation better, but hearts haven't. A black person's staus/money/education means nothing to a lot of people (not just white folks either). To them, you're 'just a n****r, not as good or smart as they are. I had my "N***** Wake-Up Call" a long time ago. I was taught to achieve no matter what bullshit the haters throw at me, always show backbone, stand up to them and fight if necessary. Dad raised us on the Malcolm X philosophy - be courteous, be respectful, work and study hard. If some racist POS fucks with you, put them in ICU.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #126 posted 02/02/19 8:22pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

It's funny how so many people are negating the homophobic aspect of this in place of the racial.

When this whole thing seems more about homophobia. Clearly about homophobia.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #127 posted 02/03/19 5:55am

2elijah

avatar

Musicslave said:



DiminutiveRocker said:




2elijah said:


Here’s a portion of another article: https://www.google.com/ur...1623683350 Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett breaks silence about Chicago attack WGN Web Desk (Edited for compliance) “...Surveillance video showed Smollett with a rope as he returned home, but there is no video of an attack. Smollett did not want to turn over his cell phone to police, but his representative tells TMZ, they are gathering his phone records to turn over to authorities. Smollett and his manager say they were on the phone together when the attack happened. "He's been very cooperative with us and I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be cooperative. We are making some gains in the investigation and we'll continue to investigate it," Chicago Police Supt. Eddie Johnson told WGN Friday.”


I hope they are able to get to the bottom of this attack soon.



-


Me too. These attacks cannot be tolerated.


I hear you. Yes, only Jussie can clarify or confirm the homophobic and racial comments that have been reported by several media sources, along with the “This is MAGA country” comments, that was stated in some of those reports. I look forward to his interview about the incident, whenever that happens.
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #128 posted 02/03/19 5:58am

2elijah

avatar

Here’s an article regarding his comments to the audience, at his show last night, and a few things he clarified:

https://www.google.com/ur...8541209918

Jussie Smollett performs in LA and tells the crowd he wants to clarify a few things
Color

By Christina Maxouris, Paul Vercammen and Lisa Respers France, CNN
Updated 8:42 AM EST, Sun February 03, 2019

Actor and musician Jussie Smollett performed at his first show since his reported attack last week, tearfully telling fans at the event in Southern California that he is not fully healed but he is doing OK.

The "Empire" actor said Tuesday that he was attacked by two men who were "yelling out racial and homophobic slurs" in what Chicago police are investigating as a possible hate crime. He identifies as gay and plays a gay character on the series.[/b][/color]

During his concert Saturday night at West Hollywood's Troubadour club, Smollett told fans that he wanted to clarify that following the attack, he was bruised but his ribs were neither cracked nor broken. He also said that he went to the doctor immediately, but he wasn't hospitalized, and physicians in both Chicago and Los Angeles cleared him to perform at the concert.

"I'm not fully healed yet," he said. "But I'm going to (be), and I'm gonna stand strong with y'all."

Smollett: I can't let attackers win

Smollett thanked the more than 300 people gathered at the event and struck a defiant note.

"I had to be here tonight, y'all, I couldn't let those (expletives) ... win," he said, referring to his attackers. "Above all I fought ... (expletive) back."



[Edited for compliance)
He reiterated his calls for love, telling fans they needed to do away with hate because love is the only thing they had.

"I don't even care to name any names," he said. "The hateful rhetoric that gets passed around, it has to stop. But guess what, it stops with the people that believe in love."

After the encore, an impassioned Smollett told the crowd, now is the time to be "blacker" and gayer."

While this is his first public appearance since the attack, this is not the first time he has spoken out. In a statement first published by Essence on Friday, Smollett said his attack wasn't an isolated incident.

"These types of cowardly attacks are happening to my sisters, brothers and non-gender conforming siblings daily," he said in the statement.


"During times of trauma, grief and pain, there is still a responsibility to lead with love. It's all I know," he said.

The investigation

(Edited for compliance e)

"I am working with authorities and have been 100% factual and consistent on every level," he said. "Despite my frustrations and deep concern with certain inaccuracies and misrepresentations that have been spread, I still believe that justice will be served."

Smollett's family issued a statement Thursday supporting the actor and condemning the attack, calling it a "racial and homophobic hate crime."

"Jussie has told the police everything from the very beginning," the statement read. "His story has never changed, and we are hopeful they will find these men and bring them to justice.”


(Click on above link to continue reading)
[Edited 2/3/19 6:20am]
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #129 posted 02/03/19 7:01am

poppys

Thanks for all the the updates 2elijah. It took a lot to get up on that stage last night. Glad he has the support of his family.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #130 posted 02/03/19 1:05pm

poppys

AP19034237348877.jpg?resize=1200,630&quality=65(

WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) — Jussie Smollett was blunt, emotional and defiantly determined Saturday night at a Southern California concert some urged him not to play, telling the crowd before singing a note that he had to go on with the show because he couldn’t let his attackers win.

[Edited 2/3/19 13:07pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #131 posted 02/03/19 5:27pm

2elijah

avatar

poppys said:

Thanks for all the the updates 2elijah. It took a lot to get up on that stage last night. Glad he has the support of his family.


No prob. smile
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #132 posted 02/04/19 12:07am

JorisE73

SuperFurryAnimal said:

why didn't manager phone authorities?


Maybe becuase they weren't on the phone?
They both refuse to show there call logs to the authorities to verify that teh call has actually been made. I find that strange.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #133 posted 02/04/19 7:52am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

Chicago reporter Rafer Weigel of Fox32 News tweeted that police sources had confirmed that Smollett also still had the Subway sandwich on him when he turned up at an apartment building shortly after the alleged attack.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #134 posted 02/04/19 11:17am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

Here’s an article regarding his comments to the audience, at his show last night, and a few things he clarified: https://www.google.com/ur...8541209918 Jussie Smollett performs in LA and tells the crowd he wants to clarify a few things Color By Christina Maxouris, Paul Vercammen and Lisa Respers France, CNN Updated 8:42 AM EST, Sun February 03, 2019 Actor and musician Jussie Smollett performed at his first show since his reported attack last week, tearfully telling fans at the event in Southern California that he is not fully healed but he is doing OK. The "Empire" actor said Tuesday that he was attacked by two men who were "yelling out racial and homophobic slurs" in what Chicago police are investigating as a possible hate crime. He identifies as gay and plays a gay character on the series.[/b][/color] During his concert Saturday night at West Hollywood's Troubadour club, Smollett told fans that he wanted to clarify that following the attack, he was bruised but his ribs were neither cracked nor broken. He also said that he went to the doctor immediately, but he wasn't hospitalized, and physicians in both Chicago and Los Angeles cleared him to perform at the concert. "I'm not fully healed yet," he said. "But I'm going to (be), and I'm gonna stand strong with y'all." Smollett: I can't let attackers win Smollett thanked the more than 300 people gathered at the event and struck a defiant note. "I had to be here tonight, y'all, I couldn't let those (expletives) ... win," he said, referring to his attackers. "Above all I fought ... (expletive) back." [Edited for compliance) He reiterated his calls for love, telling fans they needed to do away with hate because love is the only thing they had. "I don't even care to name any names," he said. "The hateful rhetoric that gets passed around, it has to stop. But guess what, it stops with the people that believe in love." After the encore, an impassioned Smollett told the crowd, now is the time to be "blacker" and gayer." While this is his first public appearance since the attack, this is not the first time he has spoken out. In a statement first published by Essence on Friday, Smollett said his attack wasn't an isolated incident. "These types of cowardly attacks are happening to my sisters, brothers and non-gender conforming siblings daily," he said in the statement. "During times of trauma, grief and pain, there is still a responsibility to lead with love. It's all I know," he said. The investigation (Edited for compliance e) "I am working with authorities and have been 100% factual and consistent on every level," he said. "Despite my frustrations and deep concern with certain inaccuracies and misrepresentations that have been spread, I still believe that justice will be served." Smollett's family issued a statement Thursday supporting the actor and condemning the attack, calling it a "racial and homophobic hate crime." "Jussie has told the police everything from the very beginning," the statement read. "His story has never changed, and we are hopeful they will find these men and bring them to justice.” (Click on above link to continue reading) [Edited 2/3/19 6:20am]


pray

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #135 posted 02/04/19 2:28pm

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



2elijah said:


Here’s an article regarding his comments to the audience, at his show last night, and a few things he clarified: https://www.google.com/ur...8541209918 Jussie Smollett performs in LA and tells the crowd he wants to clarify a few things Color By Christina Maxouris, Paul Vercammen and Lisa Respers France, CNN Updated 8:42 AM EST, Sun February 03, 2019 Actor and musician Jussie Smollett performed at his first show since his reported attack last week, tearfully telling fans at the event in Southern California that he is not fully healed but he is doing OK. The "Empire" actor said Tuesday that he was attacked by two men who were "yelling out racial and homophobic slurs" in what Chicago police are investigating as a possible hate crime. He identifies as gay and plays a gay character on the series.[/b][/color] During his concert Saturday night at West Hollywood's Troubadour club, Smollett told fans that he wanted to clarify that following the attack, he was bruised but his ribs were neither cracked nor broken. He also said that he went to the doctor immediately, but he wasn't hospitalized, and physicians in both Chicago and Los Angeles cleared him to perform at the concert. "I'm not fully healed yet," he said. "But I'm going to (be), and I'm gonna stand strong with y'all." Smollett: I can't let attackers win Smollett thanked the more than 300 people gathered at the event and struck a defiant note. "I had to be here tonight, y'all, I couldn't let those (expletives) ... win," he said, referring to his attackers. "Above all I fought ... (expletive) back." [Edited for compliance) He reiterated his calls for love, telling fans they needed to do away with hate because love is the only thing they had. "I don't even care to name any names," he said. "The hateful rhetoric that gets passed around, it has to stop. But guess what, it stops with the people that believe in love." After the encore, an impassioned Smollett told the crowd, now is the time to be "blacker" and gayer." While this is his first public appearance since the attack, this is not the first time he has spoken out. In a statement first published by Essence on Friday, Smollett said his attack wasn't an isolated incident. "These types of cowardly attacks are happening to my sisters, brothers and non-gender conforming siblings daily," he said in the statement. "During times of trauma, grief and pain, there is still a responsibility to lead with love. It's all I know," he said. The investigation (Edited for compliance e) "I am working with authorities and have been 100% factual and consistent on every level," he said. "Despite my frustrations and deep concern with certain inaccuracies and misrepresentations that have been spread, I still believe that justice will be served." Smollett's family issued a statement Thursday supporting the actor and condemning the attack, calling it a "racial and homophobic hate crime." "Jussie has told the police everything from the very beginning," the statement read. "His story has never changed, and we are hopeful they will find these men and bring them to justice.” (Click on above link to continue reading) [Edited 2/3/19 6:20am]


pray


Hopefully they will catch his attackers soon.
[Edited 2/4/19 14:29pm]
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #136 posted 02/05/19 5:49am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

Jussie Smolletts attackers bit him during sttack according to latest?
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #137 posted 02/05/19 8:38am

2elijah

avatar

More news on the attack. So Jussie doesn’t know the race of his attackers because they wore masks, and at this point it could be someone from any racial group. Until investigators get a lead, is the only way we’ll know who did it. Investigators still searching for suspects.

https://www.google.com/am...17436.html


Newly revealed report offers chilling details of alleged Jussie Smollett attack
KARMA ALLEN

ABC NewsFebruary 5, 2019, 11:15 AM GMT
Newly revealed report offers chilling details of alleged Jussie Smollett attack originally appeared on abcnews.go.com

Harrowing details emerged in the Jussie Smollett case on Monday, nearly a week after the "Empire" actor told police that he was brutally attacked in what authorities are calling a possible hate crime in Chicago.

An initial incident report, released by the Chicago Police Department on Monday, revealed that a 60-year-old friend of Smollett called the police on his behalf and said the actor "did not want to report offense however he believed it to be in the best interest to."

Once they arrived, responding officers said they found Smollett at his home with stained clothing and "white rope draped around" his neck, according to the report, which ABC News obtained via a Freedom of Information Act request.


Smollett, who portrays a gay musician on Fox's "Empire," said the attack happened last Tuesday at around 2 a.m. as he was leaving a Subway restaurant. He told police that two attackers gained his attention by yelling racial and homophobic slurs and began to beat him "about the face with their hands," the report said.

They used their hands, feet, and teeth as weapons in the assault, according to the report.

"The primary aggressor was wearing a black mask concealing any facial features and both offenders were dressed in black," according to the report. "The victim does not remember any other distinguishing features of the offenders, or in which direction they fled," it added.

Although Smollett was unable to identify his alleged attackers, he did provide officers with an approximate height and weight for one of the assailants



The incident report goes on to detail what the 36-year-old actor and singer told officers about the alleged assault, including information about a noose being placed around his neck and an unknown chemical, possibly bleach, being poured on him.

The report also confirmed that Smollett told police that he received "hate mail at his place of work" on Jan. 22, a week before the alleged attack took place.


The report surfaced just hours after Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi tweeted that investigators located "additional security cameras" that could help with the manhunt for suspects.

"Detectives continue to follow-up on investigative leads as additional security cameras have been located and footage is being downloaded and reviewed," Guglielmi said. "The people of interest have not been identified (as homeless or otherwise)."



(Click on link above to read remainder of article)
[Edited 2/5/19 8:50am]
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #138 posted 02/05/19 1:31pm

YESWECAN

2elijah said:

More news on the attack. So Jussie doesn’t know the race of his attackers because they wore masks, and at this point it could be someone from any racial group. Until investigators get a lead, is the only way we’ll know who did it. Investigators still searching for suspects. https://www.google.com/am...17436.html Newly revealed report offers chilling details of alleged Jussie Smollett attack KARMA ALLEN ABC NewsFebruary 5, 2019, 11:15 AM GMT Newly revealed report offers chilling details of alleged Jussie Smollett attack originally appeared on abcnews.go.com Harrowing details emerged in the Jussie Smollett case on Monday, nearly a week after the "Empire" actor told police that he was brutally attacked in what authorities are calling a possible hate crime in Chicago. An initial incident report, released by the Chicago Police Department on Monday, revealed that a 60-year-old friend of Smollett called the police on his behalf and said the actor "did not want to report offense however he believed it to be in the best interest to." Once they arrived, responding officers said they found Smollett at his home with stained clothing and "white rope draped around" his neck, according to the report, which ABC News obtained via a Freedom of Information Act request. Smollett, who portrays a gay musician on Fox's "Empire," said the attack happened last Tuesday at around 2 a.m. as he was leaving a Subway restaurant. He told police that two attackers gained his attention by yelling racial and homophobic slurs and began to beat him "about the face with their hands," the report said. They used their hands, feet, and teeth as weapons in the assault, according to the report. "The primary aggressor was wearing a black mask concealing any facial features and both offenders were dressed in black," according to the report. "The victim does not remember any other distinguishing features of the offenders, or in which direction they fled," it added. Although Smollett was unable to identify his alleged attackers, he did provide officers with an approximate height and weight for one of the assailants The incident report goes on to detail what the 36-year-old actor and singer told officers about the alleged assault, including information about a noose being placed around his neck and an unknown chemical, possibly bleach, being poured on him. The report also confirmed that Smollett told police that he received "hate mail at his place of work" on Jan. 22, a week before the alleged attack took place. The report surfaced just hours after Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi tweeted that investigators located "additional security cameras" that could help with the manhunt for suspects. "Detectives continue to follow-up on investigative leads as additional security cameras have been located and footage is being downloaded and reviewed," Guglielmi said. "The people of interest have not been identified (as homeless or otherwise)." (Click on link above to read remainder of article) [Edited 2/5/19 8:50am]

Ze; I know this isn't your responsibiltiy, but I have seen it reported that after the attack Smollet went to the hospital after the attack, back to the hotel and now above, the police stated he had the noose on at home...Can you clarify which is correct?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #139 posted 02/05/19 5:18pm

2elijah

avatar

YESWECAN said:



2elijah said:


More news on the attack. So Jussie doesn’t know the race of his attackers because they wore masks, and at this point it could be someone from any racial group. Until investigators get a lead, is the only way we’ll know who did it. Investigators still searching for suspects. https://www.google.com/am...17436.html Newly revealed report offers chilling details of alleged Jussie Smollett attack KARMA ALLEN ABC NewsFebruary 5, 2019, 11:15 AM GMT Newly revealed report offers chilling details of alleged Jussie Smollett attack originally appeared on abcnews.go.com Harrowing details emerged in the Jussie Smollett case on Monday, nearly a week after the "Empire" actor told police that he was brutally attacked in what authorities are calling a possible hate crime in Chicago. An initial incident report, released by the Chicago Police Department on Monday, revealed that a 60-year-old friend of Smollett called the police on his behalf and said the actor "did not want to report offense however he believed it to be in the best interest to." Once they arrived, responding officers said they found Smollett at his home with stained clothing and "white rope draped around" his neck, according to the report, which ABC News obtained via a Freedom of Information Act request. Smollett, who portrays a gay musician on Fox's "Empire," said the attack happened last Tuesday at around 2 a.m. as he was leaving a Subway restaurant. He told police that two attackers gained his attention by yelling racial and homophobic slurs and began to beat him "about the face with their hands," the report said. They used their hands, feet, and teeth as weapons in the assault, according to the report. "The primary aggressor was wearing a black mask concealing any facial features and both offenders were dressed in black," according to the report. "The victim does not remember any other distinguishing features of the offenders, or in which direction they fled," it added. Although Smollett was unable to identify his alleged attackers, he did provide officers with an approximate height and weight for one of the assailants The incident report goes on to detail what the 36-year-old actor and singer told officers about the alleged assault, including information about a noose being placed around his neck and an unknown chemical, possibly bleach, being poured on him. The report also confirmed that Smollett told police that he received "hate mail at his place of work" on Jan. 22, a week before the alleged attack took place. The report surfaced just hours after Chicago Police Department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi tweeted that investigators located "additional security cameras" that could help with the manhunt for suspects. "Detectives continue to follow-up on investigative leads as additional security cameras have been located and footage is being downloaded and reviewed," Guglielmi said. "The people of interest have not been identified (as homeless or otherwise)." (Click on link above to read remainder of article) [Edited 2/5/19 8:50am]



Ze; I know this isn't your responsibiltiy, but I have seen it reported that after the attack Smollet went to the hospital after the attack, back to the hotel and now above, the police stated he had the noose on at home...Can you clarify which is correct?




If you read the earlier posts, tbe police confirmed Jussie’s reports in their interview with him. Also, if you read Jussie’s statements in the article posted in reply #128, Jussie clarified what was in some news reports. There’s a clip in that article with Jussie speaking to his audience at his concert.

Also in the latest article, the police said a friend of Jussie called the police, because Jusdie didn’t want to, but apparently agreed it was in the best interest to report it, So when they (police) arrived at Jussie’s home, they found the rope around his neck, and saw the stained clothing he was wearing.


Here’s an excerpt from the article:

During his concert Saturday night at West Hollywood's Troubadour club, Smollett told fans that he wanted to clarify that following the attack, he was bruised but his ribs were neither cracked nor broken. He also said that he went to the doctor immediately, but he wasn't hospitalized, and physicians in both Chicago and Los Angeles cleared him to perform at the concert. "I'm not fully healed yet," he said. “
[Edited 2/5/19 19:02pm]
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #140 posted 02/05/19 5:52pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Only pussies bite, kick and pull hair. mad

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #141 posted 02/05/19 7:18pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

PennyPurple said:

Only pussies bite, kick and pull hair. mad

Sure but at least he didn't drop his subway sub during the attack. Meh.

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #142 posted 02/05/19 7:34pm

YESWECAN

2elijah said:

YESWECAN said:

Ze; I know this isn't your responsibiltiy, but I have seen it reported that after the attack Smollet went to the hospital after the attack, back to the hotel and now above, the police stated he had the noose on at home...Can you clarify which is correct?

If you read the earlier posts, tbe police confirmed Jussie’s reports in their interview with him. Also, if you read Jussie’s statements in the article posted in reply #128, Jussie clarified what was in some news reports. There’s a clip in that article with Jussie speaking to his audience at his concert. Also in the latest article, the police said a friend of Jussie called the police, because Jusdie didn’t want to, but apparently agreed it was in the best interest to report it, So when they (police) arrived at Jussie’s home, they found the rope around his neck, and saw the stained clothing he was wearing. Here’s an excerpt from the article: “During his concert Saturday night at West Hollywood's Troubadour club, Smollett told fans that he wanted to clarify that following the attack, he was bruised but his ribs were neither cracked nor broken. He also said that he went to the doctor immediately, but he wasn't hospitalized, and physicians in both Chicago and Los Angeles cleared him to perform at the concert. "I'm not fully healed yet," he said. “ [Edited 2/5/19 19:02pm]


This is what is confusing. On 2/1 you posted he was in a hotel and people must have been tracking his movement on line. Now he has a house in Chicago and no mention of hotel.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #143 posted 02/05/19 7:35pm

2elijah

avatar

PennyPurple said:

Only pussies bite, kick and pull hair. mad


The police will eventually catch them.
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #144 posted 02/05/19 7:56pm

YESWECAN

YESWECAN said:

2elijah said:

YESWECAN said: If you read the earlier posts, tbe police confirmed Jussie’s reports in their interview with him. Also, if you read Jussie’s statements in the article posted in reply #128, Jussie clarified what was in some news reports. There’s a clip in that article with Jussie speaking to his audience at his concert. Also in the latest article, the police said a friend of Jussie called the police, because Jusdie didn’t want to, but apparently agreed it was in the best interest to report it, So when they (police) arrived at Jussie’s home, they found the rope around his neck, and saw the stained clothing he was wearing. Here’s an excerpt from the article: “During his concert Saturday night at West Hollywood's Troubadour club, Smollett told fans that he wanted to clarify that following the attack, he was bruised but his ribs were neither cracked nor broken. He also said that he went to the doctor immediately, but he wasn't hospitalized, and physicians in both Chicago and Los Angeles cleared him to perform at the concert. "I'm not fully healed yet," he said. “ [Edited 2/5/19 19:02pm]


This is what is confusing. On 2/1 you posted he was in a hotel and people must have been tracking his movement on line. Now he has a house in Chicago and no mention of hotel.

Again, I'm not saying you were mis leading anyone. Just trying to get it straight. biggrin

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #145 posted 02/05/19 8:07pm

2elijah

avatar

YESWECAN said:



2elijah said:


YESWECAN said:




Ze; I know this isn't your responsibiltiy, but I have seen it reported that after the attack Smollet went to the hospital after the attack, back to the hotel and now above, the police stated he had the noose on at home...Can you clarify which is correct?




If you read the earlier posts, tbe police confirmed Jussie’s reports in their interview with him. Also, if you read Jussie’s statements in the article posted in reply #128, Jussie clarified what was in some news reports. There’s a clip in that article with Jussie speaking to his audience at his concert. Also in the latest article, the police said a friend of Jussie called the police, because Jusdie didn’t want to, but apparently agreed it was in the best interest to report it, So when they (police) arrived at Jussie’s home, they found the rope around his neck, and saw the stained clothing he was wearing. Here’s an excerpt from the article: “During his concert Saturday night at West Hollywood's Troubadour club, Smollett told fans that he wanted to clarify that following the attack, he was bruised but his ribs were neither cracked nor broken. He also said that he went to the doctor immediately, but he wasn't hospitalized, and physicians in both Chicago and Los Angeles cleared him to perform at the concert. "I'm not fully healed yet," he said. “ [Edited 2/5/19 19:02pm]



This is what is confusing. On 2/1 you posted he was in a hotel and people must have been tracking his movement on line. Now he has a house in Chicago and no mention of hotel.



Nope, I said he tweeted from his plane, that he was on his way to Chicago, and I was more or less questioning if maybe someone may have known what hotel he was staying in and followed him/or waited for him to leave his hotel. At the time of my comment, I didn’t know, until another orger mentioned it later, that Jussie lives in Chicago. I thought he was visiting. Anyway, there’s been updates on the incident since then, so if you want to keep up on the latest details, please refer to the latest articles posted with updated information, including the one with Jussie’s clarification on what was reported which I directed you to.
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #146 posted 02/05/19 9:23pm

CynicKill

2elijah said:

YESWECAN said:


This is what is confusing. On 2/1 you posted he was in a hotel and people must have been tracking his movement on line. Now he has a house in Chicago and no mention of hotel.

Nope, I said he tweeted from his plane, that he was on his way to Chicago, and I was more or less questioning if maybe someone may have known what hotel he was staying in and followed him/or waited for him to leave his hotel. At the time of my comment, I didn’t know, until another orger mentioned it later, that Jussie lives in Chicago. I thought he was visiting. Anyway, there’s been updates on the incident since then, so if you want to keep up on the latest details, please refer to the latest articles posted with updated information, including the one with Jussie’s clarification on what was reported which I directed you to.

Or you could visit Youtube where apparently there's a sizable community negating the whole event.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #147 posted 02/06/19 4:03am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

The new video surveillance found nothing. Now police want to question Jussie. Here is what they will ask. Can you take us to the scene of the attack? Then they will see if they have video footage from the area of the "attack"

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #148 posted 02/06/19 4:04am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

2elijah said:

PennyPurple said:

Only pussies bite, kick and pull hair. mad

The police will eventually catch them.

Could be a paranormal attack?

What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #149 posted 02/06/19 5:28am

2elijah

avatar

CynicKill said:



2elijah said:


YESWECAN said:




This is what is confusing. On 2/1 you posted he was in a hotel and people must have been tracking his movement on line. Now he has a house in Chicago and no mention of hotel.




Nope, I said he tweeted from his plane, that he was on his way to Chicago, and I was more or less questioning if maybe someone may have known what hotel he was staying in and followed him/or waited for him to leave his hotel. At the time of my comment, I didn’t know, until another orger mentioned it later, that Jussie lives in Chicago. I thought he was visiting. Anyway, there’s been updates on the incident since then, so if you want to keep up on the latest details, please refer to the latest articles posted with updated information, including the one with Jussie’s clarification on what was reported which I directed you to.

Or you could visit Youtube where apparently there's a sizable community negating the whole event.


They can negate whatever they want. At the end of the day, only Jussie can confirm what happened.
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 5 of 36 <123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Breaking: Jussie Smollett’s “Empire” Role Axed After ‘Attack’ Scandal, But It Gets Worse