independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 25th Mar 2019 3:00pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > The idiot shuts down the government, for Christmas!
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 21 of 24 « First<15161718192021222324>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Reply #600 posted 01/26/19 11:53am

poppys

2elijah said:

PennyPurple said:

She's one of the reasons why he shut it down in the first place.


Exactly, and it boggles the mind that he listened to her, at the expense of stopping paychecks of Federal workers, and leaving this country in a vulnerable state.


No kidding. He usually hates mouthy woman, like Rosie O'Donnell etc. Scary that someone that unhinged has the power to control the head of our government. And idiots who agree with Coulter and are now calling Trump a wimp for finally paying people are just as deranged, feeding that sick mindset.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #601 posted 01/26/19 1:05pm

onlyforaminute

Tax centers are probably flooded for this 3 week period.
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #602 posted 01/26/19 1:16pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

Tax centers are probably flooded for this 3 week period.

why would that be? I mean other than it is about now is when most people start to get all of their documents? I already did mine... *and for the first time ever I paid to file... sad...but my taxable income has doubled over 2 years ago.... and I actually PAID Income taxes!

What if half the things ever said
Turned out 2 be a lie
How will U know the Truth?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #603 posted 01/26/19 1:39pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

poppys said:



2elijah said:


PennyPurple said:


She's one of the reasons why he shut it down in the first place.




Exactly, and it boggles the mind that he listened to her, at the expense of stopping paychecks of Federal workers, and leaving this country in a vulnerable state.



No kidding. He usually hates mouthy woman, like Rosie O'Donnell etc. Scary that someone that unhinged has the power to control the head of our government. And idiots who agree with Coulter and are now calling Trump a wimp for finally paying people are just as deranged, feeding that sick mindset.




Coulter is only as important as we make her. She is a waste of time and a source of misinformation
"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #604 posted 01/26/19 1:40pm

Ethos

Loser of the week: Don the Con.

[âIMG]

👁️‍🗨️ Everybody want what they don't got.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #605 posted 01/26/19 3:31pm

onlyforaminute

OnlyNDaUsa said:



onlyforaminute said:


Tax centers are probably flooded for this 3 week period.



why would that be? I mean other than it is about now is when most people start to get all of their documents? I already did mine... *and for the first time ever I paid to file... sad...but my taxable income has doubled over 2 years ago.... and I actually PAID Income taxes!





What's happening for you doesn't translate to 100,000s to millions of other people. I hadn't even thought about it until I saw other people mention it. Theres a lot of activity that got stalled and all people know is it's open for 3 weeks act now.
Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #606 posted 01/27/19 7:02am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

OnlyNDaUsa said:

why would that be? I mean other than it is about now is when most people start to get all of their documents? I already did mine... *and for the first time ever I paid to file... sad...but my taxable income has doubled over 2 years ago.... and I actually PAID Income taxes!

What's happening for you doesn't translate to 100,000s to millions of other people. I hadn't even thought about it until I saw other people mention it. Theres a lot of activity that got stalled and all people know is it's open for 3 weeks act now.

For one, I said I had DONE mine... that I had FILED, I have not received a return.

Most years the IRS doesn't start to process them until late January. And it is not until late January that most people get their documents. It often says it will take up to 21 days.

I suspect most that you claim to have seen mention it are just confused or do not understand some aspect and saw the 21 days and assumed that had anything to do with the shutdown.

And I do wonder how many of them are just excited to be getting FREE MONEY from someone who pays taxes? (which is a large portion of early filers)

What if half the things ever said
Turned out 2 be a lie
How will U know the Truth?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #607 posted 01/27/19 7:24am

poppys

washington post

‘I hope we get some common sense’: Republicans reeling from political damage caused by shutdown

President Trump and the GOP’s confrontation over a border wall not only provoked the longest government shutdown in history but inflicted serious political damage and deepening rifts in a party reeling from midterm losses and facing daunting challenges in 2020.

evillol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #608 posted 01/27/19 8:59am

free2bFreeda2

DiminutiveRocker said:



SoulAlive said:


hardcore conservatives are pissed at Trump lol meanwhile,the Dems are celebrating Nancy's latest victory,lol




Pelosi is winning.


Yup, sho U right!


Trump's shutdown retreat reveals weakness
25 January 2019
: https://www.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump will emerge from the longest government shutdown in U.S. history politically weakened, his reputation questioned and his signature campaign promise still glaringly unfulfilled.

~


↗his answer's blowing in the wind↖
[Edited 1/27/19 9:03am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #609 posted 01/27/19 9:17am

poppys

See the source image

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #610 posted 01/27/19 12:02pm

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:

poppys said:



2elijah said:


PennyPurple said:


She's one of the reasons why he shut it down in the first place.




Exactly, and it boggles the mind that he listened to her, at the expense of stopping paychecks of Federal workers, and leaving this country in a vulnerable state.



No kidding. He usually hates mouthy woman, like Rosie O'Donnell etc. Scary that someone that unhinged has the power to control the head of our government. And idiots who agree with Coulter and are now calling Trump a wimp for finally paying people are just as deranged, feeding that sick mindset.




Coulter is only as important as we make her. She is a waste of time and a source of misinformation

That crazy nutbag thinks certain Americans have to bow down to her. She has no authority to tell any American that they don’t belong here. She carries a false sense of superiority, and she doesn’t even know the jokes on her. Lol..
[Edited 1/27/19 12:06pm]
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #611 posted 01/27/19 12:06pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

Trump was asking for 5 billion for a wall that would strengthen the border. Shutdown cost the economy 6 billion. CNN is asking was it all worth it??? D'Lemon, Chris Cuomo, Nancy and Chucky all don't understand basic numbers and need to be voted out and taken off the airwaves. Replace them with conservatives and Infowars.
What are you outraged about today? CNN has not told you yet?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #612 posted 01/27/19 12:11pm

2elijah

avatar

I had to laugh at this, because she’s right about many of the right wingers strange obsession for a wall.


https://www.newsweek.com/...er-1306711

CONSERVATIVE CNN HOST ATTACKS TRUMP'S 'WALL PORN' BASE, SUGGESTS THEY HAVE 'SEXUAL FETISH FOR A CEMENT WALL'

By Jason Lemon On Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 10:48

Conservative CNN host S.E. Cupp lashed out at President Donald Trump’s apparent efforts to pander to hardline right-wing Republicans, which she dubbed the “wall porn crowd,” with his push for increased border security.

“I consider myself a border hawk. I want strong borders,” Cupp, who identifies as a Republican but has been a harsh critic of Trump, said on Saturday evening. “I think we need to make illegal immigration harder and legal immigration a little easier,” she said.

“But there’s this, what I call a wall porn crowd, people like [right-wing pundit] Ann Coulter and [GOP representative] Steve King who almost seem to have like a sexual fetish for a cement wall … a big beautiful erection of a wall.”
[Edited 1/27/19 12:14pm]
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #613 posted 01/27/19 12:26pm

free2bFreeda2

SuperFurryAnimal said:

Trump was asking for 5 billion for a wall that would strengthen the border. Shutdown cost the economy 6 billion. CNN is asking was it all worth it??? D'Lemon, Chris Cuomo, Nancy and Chucky all don't understand basic numbers and need to be voted out and taken off the airwaves. Replace them with conservatives and Infowars.

are you not aware of the fact that Canada is a hub for drug smuggling in to the u s?
as far as the wall goes shouldn't humpty trumpty be balancing his ass on creating a wall there? especially on the areas above Montana.
Trump Is Freaking Out About the Wrong Border: Killer Fentanyl Is ...
The Daily Beast
drugs coming into u s from Canada from www.thedailybeast.com
Apr 9, 2018 · In 2016 alone, U.S. Customs officials reported 2,015 drug arrests at land ... Last year, when federal authorities in the U.S. unveiled their first ...
As U.S. Watches Mexico, Traffickers Slip In From Canada
The New York Times
drugs coming into u s from Canada from www.nytimes.com
Oct 16, 2016 · ... undetected across the Canadian border and make illicit entry into the ... Each year, Border Patrol agents catch hundreds of drug ...

[Edited 1/27/19 12:32pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #614 posted 01/27/19 12:58pm

poppys

Good article. Lots of great details about the people who were fired, some after 15+ years. Most are from Mexico...


https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Trump-s-demand-for-a-border-wall-shut-down-the-13564266.php

Trump's demand for a border wall shut down the government. At the same time, his company was firing undocumented workers.

Joshua Partlow and David A. Fahrenthold, The Washington Post

Published 1:20 pm PST, Saturday, January 26, 2019


[Edited 1/27/19 13:05pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #615 posted 01/27/19 4:24pm

free2bFreeda2

poppys said:

Good article. Lots of great details about the people who were fired, some after 15+ years. Most are from Mexico...


https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Trump-s-demand-for-a-border-wall-shut-down-the-13564266.php


Trump's demand for a border wall shut down the government. At the same time, his company was firing undocumented workers.


Joshua Partlow and David A. Fahrenthold, The Washington Post


Published 1:20 pm PST, Saturday, January 26, 2019


[Edited 1/27/19 13:05pm]


donnie-boy is in need of a thorough political enema and colon cleansing with some truth serem. no telling wtf the would be found out about this gaseous lying fark face
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #616 posted 01/27/19 4:25pm

free2bFreeda2

poppys said:

Good article. Lots of great details about the people who were fired, some after 15+ years. Most are from Mexico...


https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Trump-s-demand-for-a-border-wall-shut-down-the-13564266.php


Trump's demand for a border wall shut down the government. At the same time, his company was firing undocumented workers.


Joshua Partlow and David A. Fahrenthold, The Washington Post


Published 1:20 pm PST, Saturday, January 26, 2019


[Edited 1/27/19 13:05pm]


donnie is in need of a thorough political enema and colon cleansing with some truth serem. no telling wtf would be found in his past bs. seems they are getting closer and in finding all the truth about this gaseous lying fark face.
[Edited 1/27/19 18:46pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #617 posted 01/27/19 5:28pm

SoulAlive

Amid border wall shutdown, Trump golf club fired undocumented workers, report says

Amid border wall shutdown...eport says

Amid a partial government shutdown sparked by President Donald Trump's demand for $5.7 billion toward the construction of a barrier on the U.S.-Mexico border, about a dozen Latino workers at a Trump golf club were fired because they were undocumented immigrants, according to a report from The Washington Post.

The workers and their attorney told the Post that they were fired from their jobs at the Trump National Golf Club Westchester – located in Briarcliff Manor, New York – after the company conducted an audit of the immigration documents it had been given and determined that theirs were fake.

A Trump Organization human resources executive called them in one at a time to deliver the news, they said. Six of them said they were fired on Jan. 18. They told the Post that the move was unexpected and that they were not given any severance pay.

Most of the workers told the Post they were from Mexico and had acquired fake immigration documents after they entered the U.S. on foot. They said the Trump Organization did not look closely at those papers when they were hired.

hmmm

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #618 posted 01/27/19 5:29pm

SoulAlive

oops,it looks like y'all beat me to the punch smile

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #619 posted 01/28/19 7:40am

poppys

SoulAlive said:

oops,it looks like y'all beat me to the punch smile


Unbelieveable huh? He was firing workers he's had for over a decade during the shutdown. No notice - no severance. Meanwhile trying to convince people that we have a crisis emergency of people storming the southern border.

shake What a liar.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #620 posted 01/28/19 7:48am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

2elijah said:

I had to laugh at this, because she’s right about many of the right wingers strange obsession for a wall. https://www.newsweek.com/...er-1306711 CONSERVATIVE CNN HOST ATTACKS TRUMP'S 'WALL PORN' BASE, SUGGESTS THEY HAVE 'SEXUAL FETISH FOR A CEMENT WALL' By Jason Lemon On Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 10:48 Conservative CNN host S.E. Cupp lashed out at President Donald Trump’s apparent efforts to pander to hardline right-wing Republicans, which she dubbed the “wall porn crowd,” with his push for increased border security. “I consider myself a border hawk. I want strong borders,” Cupp, who identifies as a Republican but has been a harsh critic of Trump, said on Saturday evening. “I think we need to make illegal immigration harder and legal immigration a little easier,” she said. “But there’s this, what I call a wall porn crowd, people like [right-wing pundit] Ann Coulter and [GOP representative] Steve King who almost seem to have like a sexual fetish for a cement wall … a big beautiful erection of a wall.” [Edited 1/27/19 12:14pm]



lol Wall Nuts

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #621 posted 01/28/19 8:17am

13cjk13

poppys said:

SoulAlive said:

oops,it looks like y'all beat me to the punch smile


Unbelieveable huh? He was firing workers he's had for over a decade during the shutdown. No notice - no severance. Meanwhile trying to convince people that we have a crisis emergency of people storming the southern border.

shake What a liar.

Nothing like delaying a response to an "emergency". He is completely nuts.

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #622 posted 01/28/19 8:25am

poppys

DiminutiveRocker said:

2elijah said:

I had to laugh at this, because she’s right about many of the right wingers strange obsession for a wall. https://www.newsweek.com/...er-1306711 CONSERVATIVE CNN HOST ATTACKS TRUMP'S 'WALL PORN' BASE, SUGGESTS THEY HAVE 'SEXUAL FETISH FOR A CEMENT WALL' By Jason Lemon On Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 10:48 Conservative CNN host S.E. Cupp lashed out at President Donald Trump’s apparent efforts to pander to hardline right-wing Republicans, which she dubbed the “wall porn crowd,” with his push for increased border security. “I consider myself a border hawk. I want strong borders,” Cupp, who identifies as a Republican but has been a harsh critic of Trump, said on Saturday evening. “I think we need to make illegal immigration harder and legal immigration a little easier,” she said. [b][color=blue]“But there’s this, what I call a wall porn crowd, people like [right-wing pundit] Ann Coulter and [GOP representative] Steve King who almost seem to have like a sexual fetish for a cement wall … a big beautiful erection of a wall.”



lol Wall Nuts


Wall Nut Sack lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #623 posted 01/28/19 8:54am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Sadly, I believe President Trump is going to shut down the government again.

Sadder still, this thread will self-lock before the Second Trump Shutdown is over.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #624 posted 01/28/19 8:59am

RodeoSchro

avatar

According to the CBO, the Trump Shutdown cost $11,000,000,000, and $3,000,000,000 is not recoverable.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/54937


CBO has estimated the effects of the five-week partial shutdown of the government that started on December 22, 2018, and ended on January 25, 2019. This report presents CBO’s findings, which include the following:

  • CBO estimates that the five-week shutdown delayed approximately $18 billion in federal discretionary spending for compensation and purchases of goods and services and suspended some federal services.
  • As a result of reduced economic activity, CBO estimates, real (that is, inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product (GDP) in the fourth quarter of 2018 was reduced by $3 billion (in 2019 dollars) in relation to what it would have been otherwise. (Such references are in calendar years or quarters unless this report specifies otherwise.) In the first quarter of 2019, the level of real GDP is estimated to be $8 billion lower than it would have been—an effect reflecting both the five-week partial shutdown and the resumption in economic activity once funding resumed.
  • As a share of quarterly real GDP, the level of real GDP in the fourth quarter of 2018 was reduced by 0.1 percent, CBO estimates. And the level of real GDP in the first quarter of 2019 is expected to be reduced by 0.2 percent. (The effect on the annualized quarterly growth rate in those quarters will be larger.)
  • In subsequent quarters, GDP will be temporarily higher than it would have been in the absence of a shutdown. Although most of the real GDP lost during the fourth quarter of 2018 and the first quarter of 2019 will eventually be recovered, CBO estimates that about $3 billion will not be. That amount equals 0.02 percent of projected annual GDP in 2019. In other words, the level of GDP for the full calendar year is expected to be 0.02 percent smaller than it would have been otherwise.
  • Underlying those effects on the overall economy are much more significant effects on individual businesses and workers. Among those who experienced the largest and most direct negative effects are federal workers who faced delayed compensation and private-sector entities that lost business. Some of those private-sector entities will never recoup that lost income.
  • All of the estimated effects and their timing are subject to considerable uncertainty. In particular, CBO is uncertain about how much discretionary spending was affected by the partial shutdown, how affected federal employees and contractors adjusted their spending in response to delayed compensation, and how agencies will adjust their spending on goods and services now that funding has resumed.




Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #625 posted 01/28/19 9:00am

2elijah

avatar

DiminutiveRocker said:



2elijah said:


I had to laugh at this, because she’s right about many of the right wingers strange obsession for a wall. https://www.newsweek.com/...er-1306711 CONSERVATIVE CNN HOST ATTACKS TRUMP'S 'WALL PORN' BASE, SUGGESTS THEY HAVE 'SEXUAL FETISH FOR A CEMENT WALL' By Jason Lemon On Sunday, January 27, 2019 - 10:48 Conservative CNN host S.E. Cupp lashed out at President Donald Trump’s apparent efforts to pander to hardline right-wing Republicans, which she dubbed the “wall porn crowd,” with his push for increased border security. “I consider myself a border hawk. I want strong borders,” Cupp, who identifies as a Republican but has been a harsh critic of Trump, said on Saturday evening. “I think we need to make illegal immigration harder and legal immigration a little easier,” she said. “But there’s this, what I call a wall porn crowd, people like [right-wing pundit] Ann Coulter and [GOP representative] Steve King who almost seem to have like a sexual fetish for a cement wall … a big beautiful erection of a wall.” [Edited 1/27/19 12:14pm]



lol Wall Nuts


Exactly!
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #626 posted 01/28/19 9:05am

2elijah

avatar

poppys said:

Good article. Lots of great details about the people who were fired, some after 15+ years. Most are from Mexico...


https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Trump-s-demand-for-a-border-wall-shut-down-the-13564266.php


Trump's demand for a border wall shut down the government. At the same time, his company was firing undocumented workers.


Joshua Partlow and David A. Fahrenthold, The Washington Post


Published 1:20 pm PST, Saturday, January 26, 2019


[Edited 1/27/19 13:05pm]


All the years they worked for him, they just throw them to the curb, and even received Employee The year awards. They have families and neither of them are criminals. Their employers knew they were undocumented. They were employed while trump screamed and hollered about undocumented immigrants. I just don’t think it’s fair they just threw them to the curb just like that with nothing.
[Edited 1/28/19 13:39pm]
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #627 posted 01/28/19 10:35am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

Sadly, I believe President Trump is going to shut down the government again.

Sadder still, this thread will self-lock before the Second Trump Shutdown is over.


We can always create a Part 2 biggrin

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #628 posted 01/28/19 3:16pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

According to the CBO, the Trump Shutdown cost $11,000,000,000, and $3,000,000,000 is not recoverable.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/54937


CBO has estimated the effects of the five-week partial shutdown of the government that started on December 22, 2018, and ended on January 25, 2019. This report presents CBO’s findings, which include the following:

  • CBO estimates that the five-week shutdown delayed approximately $18 billion in federal discretionary spending for compensation and purchases of goods and services and suspended some federal services.
  • As a result of reduced economic activity, CBO estimates, real (that is, inflation-adjusted) gross domestic product (GDP) in the fourth quarter of 2018 was reduced by $3 billion (in 2019 dollars) in relation to what it would have been otherwise. (Such references are in calendar years or quarters unless this report specifies otherwise.) In the first quarter of 2019, the level of real GDP is estimated to be $8 billion lower than it would have been—an effect reflecting both the five-week partial shutdown and the resumption in economic activity once funding resumed.
  • As a share of quarterly real GDP, the level of real GDP in the fourth quarter of 2018 was reduced by 0.1 percent, CBO estimates. And the level of real GDP in the first quarter of 2019 is expected to be reduced by 0.2 percent. (The effect on the annualized quarterly growth rate in those quarters will be larger.)
  • In subsequent quarters, GDP will be temporarily higher than it would have been in the absence of a shutdown. Although most of the real GDP lost during the fourth quarter of 2018 and the first quarter of 2019 will eventually be recovered, CBO estimates that about $3 billion will not be. That amount equals 0.02 percent of projected annual GDP in 2019. In other words, the level of GDP for the full calendar year is expected to be 0.02 percent smaller than it would have been otherwise.
  • Underlying those effects on the overall economy are much more significant effects on individual businesses and workers. Among those who experienced the largest and most direct negative effects are federal workers who faced delayed compensation and private-sector entities that lost business. Some of those private-sector entities will never recoup that lost income.
  • All of the estimated effects and their timing are subject to considerable uncertainty. In particular, CBO is uncertain about how much discretionary spending was affected by the partial shutdown, how affected federal employees and contractors adjusted their spending in response to delayed compensation, and how agencies will adjust their spending on goods and services now that funding has resumed.




Yep! $11 Billion that shutdown bled us for.

$11 billion.

TRUMP IS AN IDIOT!

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #629 posted 01/28/19 3:25pm

poppys

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 21 of 24 « First<15161718192021222324>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > The idiot shuts down the government, for Christmas!