independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 18th Oct 2018 8:29am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > TRUMP RUSSIA and ALL THINGS RELATED - Part 2
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 16 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/03/18 1:46pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

TRUMP RUSSIA and ALL THINGS RELATED - Part 2

Hey folks - we are continuing this discussin http://prince.org/msg/105/455573?pg=20

on this NEW thread!



I'll kick it off with this:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/03/politics/russia-election-interference-white-house-response-trump/index.html













wink

[Edited 8/3/18 13:47pm]

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/03/18 1:53pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
..This is a terrible situation and Attorney General Jeff Sessions should stop this Rigged Witch Hunt right now, before it continues to stain our country any further. Bob Mueller is totally conflicted, and his 17 Angry Democrats that are doing his dirty work are a disgrace to USA!

6:24 AM - Aug 1, 2018
93.3K
88.4K people are talking - especially 13 Angry Democrats

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/03/18 1:58pm

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

RodeoSchro said:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
..This is a terrible situation and Attorney General Jeff Sessions should stop this Rigged Witch Hunt right now, before it continues to stain our country any further. Bob Mueller is totally conflicted, and his 17 Angry Democrats that are doing his dirty work are a disgrace to USA!

6:24 AM - Aug 1, 2018
93.3K
88.4K people are talking - especially 13 Angry Democrats


He says as his security heads go live and convey the seriousness of the Russian cyber attacks.

Did you hear any of the sound bites from last nights's hate rally? I feel like we're watching footage from 1938 Germany. neutral


"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/03/18 2:00pm

Musicslave

DiminutiveRocker said:

RodeoSchro said:

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
..This is a terrible situation and Attorney General Jeff Sessions should stop this Rigged Witch Hunt right now, before it continues to stain our country any further. Bob Mueller is totally conflicted, and his 17 Angry Democrats that are doing his dirty work are a disgrace to USA!

6:24 AM - Aug 1, 2018
93.3K
88.4K people are talking - especially 13 Angry Democrats


He says as his security heads go live and convey the seriousness of the Russian cyber attacks.

Did you hear any of the sound bites from last nights's hate rally? I feel like we're watching footage from 1938 Germany. neutral


-

Don't worry its going to get worse before it gets better.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/03/18 7:47pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

For my sanity and faith in humanity I truly hope our system of government can purge the abomination. If we cannot vomit or shit him out, I fear for the future of the nation. I need to be proven that our system is strong enough purge this pathogen. It’s pretty scary that he is still in office. But scarier still that he has support. And chilling that a “news network” for whatever devious and unethical motives enables it all.

Stuff of nightmares.
Crooked Donnie. Lock him up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/04/18 8:03am

free2bFreeda2

The theory of political leadership that Donald Trump shares with Adolf Hitler
"I alone can fix it" and the personalization of a political movement

July 25, 2016 at 6:00 AM
: https://www.google.com/am...lf-hitler/
drumpf-trump gives his followers a feeling of hope?
-
[Edited 8/4/18 8:13am]
Truthfully
Make
America's
Government
A countable
hard core racism & supremacist mindset causes early wrinkling on face, crepy textured body skin & massive liver spots on hands.🖒
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/04/18 8:19am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

Musicslave said:

DiminutiveRocker said:


He says as his security heads go live and convey the seriousness of the Russian cyber attacks.

Did you hear any of the sound bites from last nights's hate rally? I feel like we're watching footage from 1938 Germany. neutral


-

Don't worry its going to get worse before it gets better.


25-30% are rapt in his cult of personality. While we are being distracted by his tweets and effed up behavior things are happening that are setting a dangerous course. neutral

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/04/18 8:35am

DiminutiveRock
er

avatar

Re-posting Herb4 from TRATA part 1:

So manafort's accountant just accidentally confessed on the witness stand

"I prepared the tax returns and communicated with banks based on information that Mr. Gates and Mr. Manafort provided to me that I didn't believe," said LaPorta, the first witness at the trial to testify under a grant of immunity.

The admission is the first time a witness has acknowledged knowing involvement in potential wrongdoing during Manafort's trial, where the longtime lobbyist is fighting charges brought by special counsel Robert Mueller. LaPorta is one of five people on the Mueller’s witness list for whom the government requested immunity.

LaPorta, who works for Alexandria-based Kositzka Wicks & Company, said she sought the immunity because she was concerned about being prosecuted. Her attorney indicated LaPorta would invoke her Fifth Amendment rights if forced to testify without immunity.

LaPorta said she agreed on 2014 and 2015 tax returns to treat as loans $2.4 million in funds that Manafort's consulting firm received from offshore businesses, even though she had doubts that they really were loans and got little documentation to back up that claim.

The alleged loans were also recorded in the books of Manafort's DMP International firm as coming from the consulting firm's customers, which LaPorta found suspicious.

"I had not seen that before. Yes, it was a concern," LaPorta said.

In another exchange, LaPorta testified that Gates in September 2015 told her Manafort’s income needed to be reduced so he could afford to pay his taxes. To finesse the situation, Gates instructed her to reduce Manafort’s income by not counting one of his loans.

While LaPorta said she followed the instructions, she told Asonye the move was “not appropriate.”

"'Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.'' - Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 08/04/18 9:11am

poppys

^^ Sweet! She has immunity?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 08/04/18 10:52am

PennyPurple

avatar

Well let's just start a war on Twitter and try to pit LeBron and Michael against each other. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 08/04/18 8:12pm

2elijah

avatar

PennyPurple said:

Well let's just start a war on Twitter and try to pit LeBron and Michael against each other. lol


Trump’s racist beliefs is really showing, with the ugly, stereotyped comments he made about Maxine Waters, LeBron James and Don Lemon, attacking their intelligence.

On another note, Kamala Harris is right about Russia using America's racial history to divide Americans even more, along with allegations of Russia tampering with the last election and American politics.

Trump’s racist and divisive rhetoric are playing right into Putin’s hands, and that’s dangerous for America. It’s really questionable why trump is kissing Putin’s ass.
[Edited 8/4/18 20:15pm]
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 08/04/18 9:06pm

benni

And the Russian spy:


The saga of Russian operative Maria Butina, the NRA, the Republican Party, and the Kremlin just took a very ugly turn – and for the first time, she’s been directly connected with the Donald Trump campaign. Butina is currently in jail awaiting trial on charges of working as a foreign agent of the Russian government, but her connections to conservative American politics continue to get fleshed out. This time it involves a familiar name from Team Trump...

More importantly, was Butina doing this with other Trump advisers? If so, she presumably gave them up to Senate Intel as well – which means Robert Mueller has it all.


http://www.palmerreport.c...ign/11769/f


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 08/04/18 9:49pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

2elijah said:

PennyPurple said:

Well let's just start a war on Twitter and try to pit LeBron and Michael against each other. lol

Trump’s racist beliefs is really showing, with the ugly, stereotyped comments he made about Maxine Waters, LeBron James and Don Lemon, attacking their intelligence. On another note, Kamala Harris is right about Russia using America's racial history to divide Americans even more, along with allegations of Russia tampering with the last election and American politics. Trump’s racist and divisive rhetoric are playing right into Putin’s hands, and that’s dangerous for America. It’s really questionable why trump is kissing Putin’s ass. [Edited 8/4/18 20:15pm]

I think it's pretty logical why Trump is kissing Putin's ass- Trump is in hock to Russkies for all the money he borrowed from them, and they want their debts paid off...politically. Trump is in the white House to their bidding

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 08/05/18 7:52am

2elijah

avatar

jjhunsecker said:



2elijah said:


PennyPurple said:

Well let's just start a war on Twitter and try to pit LeBron and Michael against each other. lol



Trump’s racist beliefs is really showing, with the ugly, stereotyped comments he made about Maxine Waters, LeBron James and Don Lemon, attacking their intelligence. On another note, Kamala Harris is right about Russia using America's racial history to divide Americans even more, along with allegations of Russia tampering with the last election and American politics. Trump’s racist and divisive rhetoric are playing right into Putin’s hands, and that’s dangerous for America. It’s really questionable why trump is kissing Putin’s ass. [Edited 8/4/18 20:15pm]


I think it's pretty logical why Trump is kissing Putin's ass- Trump is in hock to Russkies for all the money he borrowed from them, and they want their debts paid off...politically. Trump is in the white House to their bidding


Yes, sure seems that way. What’s messed up are many of the ignorant trump supporters who will give trump a pass on his loyalty to Putin. It shows how easy they can be brainwashed by another country ‘s twisted leader. Almost like how Hitler succeeded with his terror. I bet Putin and his cronies are laughing their ass off at how stupid many of them are.

It’s like he knows those foolish Americans will believe anything trump spoonfeeds them. It’s interesting how some delusional American trump supporters, will get angry and criticize decent Americans, for calling out America on its societal ills/injustices (like those kneeling against the national anthem to raise awareness of racial profiling/police brutality against people of color), but yet many of trump’s supporters will give trump a pass for kissing putin’s ass. Trump has proven his weakness and makes many Americans appear easy to con. He’s definitely putin’s chump.
[Edited 8/5/18 9:28am]
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 08/05/18 8:00am

Graycap23

avatar

Trumpism is a religion founded on patriarchy and white supremacy.

It is the belief that even the least qualified man is a better choice than the most qualified woman and a belief that the most vile, anti-intellectual, scandal-plagued simpleton of a white man is sufficient to follow in the presidential footsteps of the best educated, most eloquent, most affable black man.

As President Lyndon B. Johnson said in the 1960s to a young Bill Moyers: “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 08/05/18 9:22am

2elijah

avatar

Graycap23 said:

Trumpism is a religion founded on patriarchy and white supremacy.



It is the belief that even the least qualified man is a better choice than the most qualified woman and a belief that the most vile, anti-intellectual, scandal-plagued simpleton of a white man is sufficient to follow in the presidential footsteps of the best educated, most eloquent, most affable black man.



As President Lyndon B. Johnson said in the 1960s to a young Bill Moyers: “If you can convince the lowest white man he’s better than the best colored man, he won’t notice you’re picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he’ll empty his pockets for you.”



True. Tactic done through America’s history. Exactly what trump is doing. He definitely has them and their ignorance in his pocket.
[Edited 8/5/18 9:23am]
FEARLESS
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 08/05/18 9:55am

poppys

There is context to that quote. Lyndon Johnson was the President who managed to shove through all the Civil Rights legislation after Kennedy was assasinated. Even if he was motivated by guilt and sorrow, he still did it. Being from Texas and having many years of arm twisting in Congress under his belt, he was probably the only one who could have ever managed to get those votes and get that accomplished.


This is from Graycaps link:


WHILE Lyndon Baines Johnson was a man of time and place, he felt the bitter paradox of both. I was a young man on his staff in 1960 when he gave me a vivid account of that southern schizophrenia he understood and feared. We were in Tennessee. During the motorcade, he spotted some ugly racial epithets scrawled on signs. Late that night in the hotel, when the local dignitaries had finished the last bottles of bourbon and branch water and departed, he started talking about those signs. "I'll tell you what's at the bottom of it," he said. "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

Some years later when Johnson was president, there was a press conference in the East Room. A reporter unexpectedly asked the president how he could explain his sudden passion for civil rights when he had never shown much enthusiasm for the cause. The question hung in the air. I could almost hear his silent cursing of a press secretary who had not anticipated this one. But then he relaxed, and from an instinct no assistant could brief -- one seasoned in the double life from which he was delivered and hoped to deliver others -- he said in effect: Most of us don't have a second chance to correct the mistakes of our youth. I do and I am. That evening, sitting in the White House, discussing the question with friends and staff, he gestured broadly and said, "Eisenhower used to tell me that this place was a prison. I never felt freer."

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 08/05/18 1:12pm

PennyPurple

avatar

All of a sudden he's worried about his son, Don Jr. Maybe he should shut up and stop tweeting then.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 08/05/18 1:22pm

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

PennyPurple said:

All of a sudden he's worried about his son, Don Jr. Maybe he should shut up and stop tweeting then.



That would be sadly poetic if his son goes to prison for the sins of his father.
Crooked Donnie. Lock him up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 08/05/18 4:45pm

benni

PennyPurple said:

All of a sudden he's worried about his son, Don Jr. Maybe he should shut up and stop tweeting then.


Yeah, that's not going to happen. Trump has to have an audience and he doesn't get a bigger audience outside of twitter. The man just makes my skin crawl, always has.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 08/05/18 7:48pm

PennyPurple

avatar

benni said:

PennyPurple said:

All of a sudden he's worried about his son, Don Jr. Maybe he should shut up and stop tweeting then.


Yeah, that's not going to happen. Trump has to have an audience and he doesn't get a bigger audience outside of twitter. The man just makes my skin crawl, always has.

I don't see how anybody could stand behind Trump. What is wrong with his followers?


I am so hoping that the Nov election will be a landslide for the Dems.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 08/05/18 8:55pm

13cjk13

PennyPurple said:

benni said:


Yeah, that's not going to happen. Trump has to have an audience and he doesn't get a bigger audience outside of twitter. The man just makes my skin crawl, always has.

I don't see how anybody could stand behind Trump. What is wrong with his followers?


I am so hoping that the Nov election will be a landslide for the Dems.

It really is mind boggling. He is such an absolute freak.

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 08/05/18 9:16pm

benni

13cjk13 said:

PennyPurple said:

I don't see how anybody could stand behind Trump. What is wrong with his followers?


I am so hoping that the Nov election will be a landslide for the Dems.

It really is mind boggling. He is such an absolute freak.


I think for some of them, Trump's rhetoric on immigrants and blacks have resonated with something in them. (Their own racial biases and prejudices.) For others, as my cousin said, he talks like they do. He's on their level and that appeals to them when they've had Presidents who acted, *gasp* Presidential with tact, grace, and intelligence. They couldn't identify with those presidents. And yet, for others, I think it's just because the left has such an adverse reaction to Trump, his actions, and his rhetoric, that they will support that no matter what he says or does because it's all about the Party line to them. But there are some that really thought that with him being an outsider that he would change things. These are the ones that are becoming disillusioned with Trump and realizing they made a mistake.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 08/06/18 5:23am

RodeoSchro

avatar

poppys said:

There is context to that quote. Lyndon Johnson was the President who managed to shove through all the Civil Rights legislation after Kennedy was assasinated. Even if he was motivated by guilt and sorrow, he still did it. Being from Texas and having many years of arm twisting in Congress under his belt, he was probably the only one who could have ever managed to get those votes and get that accomplished.


This is from Graycaps link:


WHILE Lyndon Baines Johnson was a man of time and place, he felt the bitter paradox of both. I was a young man on his staff in 1960 when he gave me a vivid account of that southern schizophrenia he understood and feared. We were in Tennessee. During the motorcade, he spotted some ugly racial epithets scrawled on signs. Late that night in the hotel, when the local dignitaries had finished the last bottles of bourbon and branch water and departed, he started talking about those signs. "I'll tell you what's at the bottom of it," he said. "If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

Some years later when Johnson was president, there was a press conference in the East Room. A reporter unexpectedly asked the president how he could explain his sudden passion for civil rights when he had never shown much enthusiasm for the cause. The question hung in the air. I could almost hear his silent cursing of a press secretary who had not anticipated this one. But then he relaxed, and from an instinct no assistant could brief -- one seasoned in the double life from which he was delivered and hoped to deliver others -- he said in effect: Most of us don't have a second chance to correct the mistakes of our youth. I do and I am. That evening, sitting in the White House, discussing the question with friends and staff, he gestured broadly and said, "Eisenhower used to tell me that this place was a prison. I never felt freer."



Thank you.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 08/06/18 7:36am

Musicslave

After the president's admission that Don Jr. conspired with Russians (a foreign hostile country) for dirt on Hillary, he's the last guy in the world that needs to be insulting anyone's intelligence, in regards to his comments on Lebron and Don Lemon. He's probably trying to play the ignorant route. "Hey, we never done this before, we didn't know what was legal or illegal. Give us a break. Cut us some slack."

-

How dumb can you be? I think he knows Jr. is screwed. But what's baffling is, he just made things worse for him.

IDK Maybe he figured he'd offer up his son as a sacrifical lamb, hoping that would suffice Mueller and the country. confused

-

Just throwing it out there.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 08/06/18 9:07am

jjhunsecker

avatar

This is America 2018

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 08/06/18 9:14am

jjhunsecker

avatar

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 08/06/18 9:31am

Musicslave

jjhunsecker said:

This is America 2018

-

Congratulations Putin! You did it!!!!!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 08/06/18 11:11am

Ugot2shakesumt
hin

avatar

I see Rudy was finally benched. :lol:

His other lawyer is now doing interviews. I wonder if they need to pay more to have a lawyer on TV and possibly debase themselves for a client like Trump?

Anyway, Rudy was fun and made a mess of things. I doubt we’ll see much more of him on cable news speaking for the president until this thing blows over. lol
Crooked Donnie. Lock him up!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 08/06/18 11:50am

13cjk13

WH shuts down press availability and says Trump won't leave WH after tweet admits collusion

Source: RawStory


lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
White House shuts down press availability and says Trump won’t leave White House after tweet admits collusion

DAVID EDWARDS
06 AUG 2018 AT 11:25 ET

The White House announced on Monday that President Donald Trump would not be leaving the White House and would not take any questions after he admitted on Twitter that his son may have colluded with Russians during the 2016 campaign.

In a tweet over the weekend, Trump reversed course on his explanation of 2016 meeting with a Russian lawyer in Trump Tower. The president had originally claimed that the meeting had been about adoptions. But in his Sunday tweet, Trump admitted that the purpose of the meeting had been to get damaging information about Hillary Clinton, the 2016 Democratic nominee.

On Monday, NBC’s Peter Alexander reported that the White House had issued a “lid” on presidential travel and questions from the press.




White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders also had not scheduled a Monday briefing by the time of publication.

###

Read more: https://www.rawstory.com/...collusion/

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 16 123456789>Last »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > TRUMP RUSSIA and ALL THINGS RELATED - Part 2