independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Sun 21st Oct 2018 7:07am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Stormy Daniels vs Trump, round ?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/06/18 8:11am

poppys

Stormy Daniels vs Trump, round ?



Trump is now attempting to redefine the meaning of the word NO on the Sunday morning news shows. The NO he said on the plane about not being aware of Cohen paying Stormy at all is now - NO, I wasn't aware of WHEN the payments were made.
sexy


[Edited 5/7/18 7:26am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/06/18 8:31am

poppys

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/giuliani-cohen-pardon-not-on-the-table/ar-AAwQ6H9

Giuliani: Cohen pardon 'not on the table'

Mallory Shelbourne
53 mins ago

Rudy Giuliani said Sunday that a potential pardon for President Trump's personal attorney, Michael Cohen, is not a possibility at this point.

"Jay and I have made it clear, and Michael's lawyers all know that that obviously is not on the table," Giuliani told ABC's "This Week," referring to Trump attorney Jay Sekulow and Cohen.

"That's not a decision to be made now, there's no reason to pardon anybody now."

Giuliani's Sunday morning interview came after he ignited a firestorm last week when he told Fox News that Trump reimbursed Cohen for a $130,000 payment made to adult film actress Stormy Daniels just before the presidential election.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/06/18 8:39am

poppys

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/06/arts/television/snl-stormy-daniels-donald-glover.html

Stormy Daniels Makes a Surprise Appearance on ‘Saturday Night Live’

A murderer’s row of “Saturday Night Live” cast members and guest performers turned out for the show’s cold opening this weekend, playing President Trump and the many people in his orbit engulfed by the controversy surrounding a payment made to Stephanie Clifford, the pornographic film actress known as Stormy Daniels. The star-studded sketch ended with a surprise payoff of its own: an appearance by the real-life Clifford, who traded a few barbs with Alec Baldwin’s incarnation of Trump.


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/06/18 9:30am

RodeoSchro

avatar

poppys said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/06/arts/television/snl-stormy-daniels-donald-glover.html

Stormy Daniels Makes a Surprise Appearance on ‘Saturday Night Live’

A murderer’s row of “Saturday Night Live” cast members and guest performers turned out for the show’s cold opening this weekend, playing President Trump and the many people in his orbit engulfed by the controversy surrounding a payment made to Stephanie Clifford, the pornographic film actress known as Stormy Daniels. The star-studded sketch ended with a surprise payoff of its own: an appearance by the real-life Clifford, who traded a few barbs with Alec Baldwin’s incarnation of Trump.




That was freaking HILARIOUS!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/06/18 10:21am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Was it smart to be on SNL? Looks like she is trying to cash in.

"My motherfucker's so cool sheep count him."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/06/18 1:26pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

Trump lawyer doesn't rule out other 'nuisance' payments to silence women

U.S. President Donald Trump's attorney Rudy Giuliani said on Sunday he would not rule out the possibility that payments were made to women other than porn star Stormy Daniels to get them to stay silent about accusations against Trump.


http://www.cbc.ca/news/wo...-1.4650838

************

Wow eek

Edmonton, AB - canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/07/18 7:24am

poppys

luv4u said:

Trump lawyer doesn't rule out other 'nuisance' payments to silence women

U.S. President Donald Trump's attorney Rudy Giuliani said on Sunday he would not rule out the possibility that payments were made to women other than porn star Stormy Daniels to get them to stay silent about accusations against Trump.


http://www.cbc.ca/news/wo...-1.4650838

************

Wow eek


Super Wow. Ya gotta wonder what Giuliani is up to...

'...Daniels's lawyer, Michael Avenatti, accused Trump of having an "extramarital affair slush fund" and told ABC he believed similar payments had been made to other women.

Disclosure of additional payments could complicate matters for Trump, who initially denied knowledge that money was paid to Daniels.

Giuliani said on Friday that Cohen's payment to Daniels — one month before the November 2016 presidential election — did not violate campaign laws and would have been made even if Trump were not running.'

Oh yeah, he would have paid off Stormy days before the election even if he weren't running. lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/07/18 7:38am

poppys

2freaky4church1 said:

Was it smart to be on SNL? Looks like she is trying to cash in.


Conservative talking point repeated ad nauseum - because that's all they got. Is it smart for the Prez to have diarrhea of the mouth every day on twitter? We are not observing intellectuals here.


[Edited 5/7/18 9:46am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/07/18 7:48am

RodeoSchro

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

Was it smart to be on SNL? Looks like she is trying to cash in.



Considering this whole matter is about her cashing in to the tune of $130K, I doubt she did any damage to her position.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/07/18 8:58am

RodeoSchro

avatar

I think our genius president is going to have a very hard time with his payment arrangement with Cohen. Basically, his position - as stated by Rudy Giuliani - is this:

OUR GENIUS PRESIDENT - "Hey Michael - you may have to buy off some women. Or, you may have already bought off some women. Whatever. I'm going to pay you $35,000 per month for a whole year. Use whatever you have to if you have to buy off some women. Or if you've already bought off some women, consider this a reimbursement. You can keep what's left over for yourself. This means that you're actually motivated to NOT pay off women. Whatever. Just keep me out of the loop."

We're supposed to believe that our genius president would offer that? Because here's how Cooley Law School's most presigious graduate would likely respond:

MICHAEL COHEN - "OK, great. I've already paid $130K that I had to borrow, so the first 4 months are a repayment to me. That gets me back $140,000 which should cover the interest. But that also means I'll be working for you those first 4 months for free, since I was just getting reimbursed for the stuff I did in 2016. So if I do anything for you in those first 4 months, then I have to get paid back for my time, right? Right. And let's not forget all the time I spent negotiating with Stormy Daniels' first lawyer, which resulted in me paying her $130K on your behalf - wink wink. I've got to get paid for my time on that too, right? Right.

"So lets's say I should get 10% on the Daniels thing. That's $13K. And let's say I do stuff for you the first four months of this arrangement. I'll be conservative and estimate I'll do $5K of work per month. Chasing bimbos ain't cheap! Anyway, I'll be owed $13K for Stormy and $20K for January through April. That means that going into May, you'll owe me $33K. Which means I can only do $2K worth of work for you in May, in order for that May $35K payment to even out.

"We'll be into June 2017 before you and I are square, and that's only if I don't have to pay off any more bimbos. The gross amount we'll have available in our Bibmo Account for the rest of 2017 would be $245,000 but if we used all that and I charged you 10%, then your net available Bimbo Settlement Money would be $211,500. And doesn't account for my expenses, time, etc etc and etc.

"Of course, the less I pay out for you, the more I get to keep - right? Right. According to Rudy Giluiani, I don't have to pay anthing left over back, right? Right.

"Hmmm, I predict no more Bimbo Settlements! Deal!"

All joking aside, this arrangement is going to fall apart like a cheap suitcase within five minutes of questioning by even a mildly competent attorney.

.

[Edited 5/7/18 9:02am]

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/07/18 9:33am

poppys

hah!

RodeoSchro said:

I think our genius president is going to have a very hard time with his payment arrangement with Cohen. Basically, his position - as stated by Rudy Giuliani - is this:

OUR GENIUS PRESIDENT - "Hey Michael - you may have to buy off some women. Or, you may have already bought off some women. Whatever. I'm going to pay you $35,000 per month for a whole year. Use whatever you have to if you have to buy off some women. Or if you've already bought off some women, consider this a reimbursement. You can keep what's left over for yourself. This means that you're actually motivated to NOT pay off women. Whatever. Just keep me out of the loop."

We're supposed to believe that our genius president would offer that? Because here's how Cooley Law School's most presigious graduate would likely respond:

MICHAEL COHEN - "OK, great. I've already paid $130K that I had to borrow, so the first 4 months are a repayment to me. That gets me back $140,000 which should cover the interest. But that also means I'll be working for you those first 4 months for free, since I was just getting reimbursed for the stuff I did in 2016. So if I do anything for you in those first 4 months, then I have to get paid back for my time, right? Right. And let's not forget all the time I spent negotiating with Stormy Daniels' first lawyer, which resulted in me paying her $130K on your behalf - wink wink. I've got to get paid for my time on that too, right? Right.

"So lets's say I should get 10% on the Daniels thing. That's $13K. And let's say I do stuff for you the first four months of this arrangement. I'll be conservative and estimate I'll do $5K of work per month. Chasing bimbos ain't cheap! Anyway, I'll be owed $13K for Stormy and $20K for January through April. That means that going into May, you'll owe me $33K. Which means I can only do $2K worth of work for you in May, in order for that May $35K payment to even out.

"We'll be into June 2017 before you and I are square, and that's only if I don't have to pay off any more bimbos. The gross amount we'll have available in our Bibmo Account for the rest of 2017 would be $245,000 but if we used all that and I charged you 10%, then your net available Bimbo Settlement Money would be $211,500. And doesn't account for my expenses, time, etc etc and etc.

"Of course, the less I pay out for you, the more I get to keep - right? Right. According to Rudy Giluiani, I don't have to pay anthing left over back, right? Right.

"Hmmm, I predict no more Bimbo Settlements! Deal!"

All joking aside, this arrangement is going to fall apart like a cheap suitcase within five minutes of questioning by even a mildly competent attorney.

.



The Three BimBobs - Mikey, Rudy & Don

giphy.gif



[Edited 5/7/18 9:50am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/08/18 2:12pm

benni

And now this:


After significant investigation, we have discovered that Mr. Trump’s atty Mr. Cohen received approximately $500,000 in the mos. after the election from a company controlled by a Russian Oligarc with close ties to Mr. Putin. These monies may have reimbursed the $130k payment.


The Executive Summary from our first Preliminary Report on Findings may be accessed via the link below. Mr. Trump and Mr. Cohen have a lot of explaining to do.



And here is the document to go with that statement:


https://www.dropbox.com/s...y.pdf?dl=0

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/08/18 2:38pm

poppys

benni said:

And now this:


After significant investigation, we have discovered that Mr. Trump’s atty Mr. Cohen received approximately $500,000 in the mos. after the election from a company controlled by a Russian Oligarc with close ties to Mr. Putin. These monies may have reimbursed the $130k payment.


The Executive Summary from our first Preliminary Report on Findings may be accessed via the link below. Mr. Trump and Mr. Cohen have a lot of explaining to do.



And here is the document to go with that statement:


https://www.dropbox.com/s...y.pdf?dl=0

Thanks for the links benni. Project Sunlight lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/09/18 6:30am

poppys


https://wdef.com/2018/05/...-oligarch/

Michael Avenatti, the lawyer for adult film actress Stormy Daniels, claims to have evidence of a series of payments made to a bank account in Trump lawyer Michael Cohen’s name – including from a company linked to a Russian oligarch and two major corporations, AT&T and Novartis.

In a statement Tuesday, AT&T said that they had paid Cohen’s company, Essential Consulting, “to provide insights into understanding the new administration.”

CBS News has not been able to verify the other allegations by Avenatti. The New York Times said in a report Tuesday night that its own review of unspecified financial records “confirmed much of what was in Mr. Avenatti’s report.”


Maybe this is something Mueller knew for awhile?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/09/18 1:02pm

RodeoSchro

avatar

This is a doozy. It's a THEORY that the payment made to the pregnant Playmate was really made on behalf of our genius president:

https://nymag.com/daily/i...roidy.html


Let me offer an alternative explanation of the affair and the payoff. It is still just a hypothesis, but, I would argue, it fits more comfortably with what we know about the various players than the reported version of events: Donald Trump, not Elliott Broidy, had an affair with Shera Bechard. Bechard hired Keith Davidson, who had negotiated both Playboy playmate Karen McDougal’s deal with the National Enquirer and Stormy Daniels’s NDA with Trump. Davidson called Cohen, and the two of them negotiated a $1.6 million payment to Bechard.


At this point Cohen needed to find a funding source. Cohen asserts he took out a home equity loan to come up with a mere $130,000 to pay off Stormy Daniels, so it seems clear he couldn’t have fronted the $1.6 million for the Bechard deal himself. So Cohen reached out to Elliott Broidy, a very rich Republican fundraiser with several pending and highly lucrative business deals with foreign governments: deals that hinged on whether Broidy could convince the U.S. government to take various actions. By stepping up to take responsibility for the affair and to fund the seven-figure settlement, Broidy was ensuring that he could continue to peddle his influence with Trump to governments around the world.


Which is to say, it was a cover-up concealing a bribe. Indeed, it turns out that Broidy not only has a history of bribing public officials, but of bribing them in an uncannily similar fashion to the method which I hypothesize he employed in this case.


So, according to this hypothesis, when Cohen’s office was raided by federal prosecutors, they found documentation of what was actually a fabricated affair, concocted by Cohen and Davidson to create a justification for funneling Broidy’s money to Bechard, while creating a paper record designed to protect Trump from further exposure.


This account — as bizarre as it may seem at first glance — is actually more plausible than the story leaked to the Journal, the New York Times, and CNN.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/09/18 1:39pm

13cjk13

RodeoSchro said:

This is a doozy. It's a THEORY that the payment made to the pregnant Playmate was really made on behalf of our genius president:

https://nymag.com/daily/i...roidy.html


Let me offer an alternative explanation of the affair and the payoff. It is still just a hypothesis, but, I would argue, it fits more comfortably with what we know about the various players than the reported version of events: Donald Trump, not Elliott Broidy, had an affair with Shera Bechard. Bechard hired Keith Davidson, who had negotiated both Playboy playmate Karen McDougal’s deal with the National Enquirer and Stormy Daniels’s NDA with Trump. Davidson called Cohen, and the two of them negotiated a $1.6 million payment to Bechard.


At this point Cohen needed to find a funding source. Cohen asserts he took out a home equity loan to come up with a mere $130,000 to pay off Stormy Daniels, so it seems clear he couldn’t have fronted the $1.6 million for the Bechard deal himself. So Cohen reached out to Elliott Broidy, a very rich Republican fundraiser with several pending and highly lucrative business deals with foreign governments: deals that hinged on whether Broidy could convince the U.S. government to take various actions. By stepping up to take responsibility for the affair and to fund the seven-figure settlement, Broidy was ensuring that he could continue to peddle his influence with Trump to governments around the world.


Which is to say, it was a cover-up concealing a bribe. Indeed, it turns out that Broidy not only has a history of bribing public officials, but of bribing them in an uncannily similar fashion to the method which I hypothesize he employed in this case.


So, according to this hypothesis, when Cohen’s office was raided by federal prosecutors, they found documentation of what was actually a fabricated affair, concocted by Cohen and Davidson to create a justification for funneling Broidy’s money to Bechard, while creating a paper record designed to protect Trump from further exposure.


This account — as bizarre as it may seem at first glance — is actually more plausible than the story leaked to the Journal, the New York Times, and CNN.

Hey, whatever it takes to bring this genius pig of a president down. LOCK HIM UP.

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/17/18 10:00am

RodeoSchro

avatar

In case you missed it, man oh man has there been a lot happening these last three days! To wit:

THE SUSPICIOUS ACTION REPORT(S)

-It turns out the Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) that Michael Avenatti released last week was leaked by a government official

-The official leaked it because s/he was afraid of a cover-up. Why?

-The SAR references two other SARs - and neither of those can be found in the government's FinCEN database. This is highly unusua - as in it's never happened before in the career of this government person - and was cause for remarkable alarm

-The SAR that was released detailed information on ~$1 million in suspicious transactions involving Michael Cohen. The other two SARs reference three times that amount - $3 million plus. So put them together and there are at least $4,000,000 in Michael Cohen transactions that the First Republic Bank felt were shady enough to write up on SARs

-Take-away is that a government investigator with somewhere between 20 and 30 years' experience risked their career and possibly their freedom because they felt justice was being obstructed. You get three guesses on who could/would access FinCEN and delete or restrict those two SARs. Your guesses are: (1) Robert Mueller; (2) the Southern District of New York; or (3) President Donald J. Trump. You get one guess as to whether or not a career government official would risk their career/freedom if either/both (1) and (2) are correct guesses

RUDY GIULIANI - THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING

-Giuliani has appeared on Fox News a couple times. Last night on Laura Ingraham's show; and this morning on Fox and Friends

-He tried to say that Robert Mueller had agreed that a POTUS cannot be indicted. Then he had to walk that back, and say someone in Mueller's office said they would adhere to Department of Justice guidelines

-There are two DOJ guidelines that say a POTUS cannot be indicted

-There is also a DOJ guideline that says all bets are off if extraordinary circumstances exist

-Giuliani also said that since the POTUS is un-indictable, he is also un-subpoenable. Should Mueller subpoena Trump, Trump is going to ignore it

-He gibbered on many more subjects

MICHAEL AVENATTI HAS LOTS MORE ON TRUMP

-As you know, President Trump - out the clear blue sky - released a document yesterday that divulged his payment to Michael Cohen to reimburse Cohen for the payment to Stormy Daniels

-This document says the payment was in the range of $100K - $250K.

-This, of course, directly contradicts Trump himself, who said he didn't know anything about the payment. But remember, lying to a reporter or even to the American public is not a crime

-But this also contradicts what our old friend Rudy Giuliani said about the reimbursement to Cohen. Giuliani said the reimbursement was $35K/month spread out over 12 months, or $420,000. That's way over the "100K - $250K" range that Trump disclosed in his filing

-So, does that mean there were more women who were paid off?

-Yes

-Avenatti said six women had come to him claiming a payoff. He says he has almost completely vetted two of the women and has no doubt they were bought off by Trump

-It will be up to those women as to whether or not they come forward with their story

-Neither those two women, or the other four women still being vetted, are the Playmate who allegedly got knocked up by Elliot Broidy and was paid $1.5 million

-However, the two women who were paid off were each paid more than Stormy Daniels received, but Avenatti wouldn't say how much more

-Avenatti says that Trump is in serious legal trouble with regards to campaign finance violations

-No one asked Avenatti if any of the women he's still vetting were represented by Keith Davidson, the lawyer who originally represented Stormy Daniels and former Playmate Karen McDougal, who was bought off by Trump's friend that owns the National Enquirer

-Davidson has been contacted by federal investigators in the Cohen case, and is cooperating with them

-Michael Cohen sent Davidson an email AFTER the feds confiscated all his phones, asking Davidson for contact info and how he wished to be contacted in the future

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/17/18 10:15am

poppys


Thanks for the update. Hard to keep up with all the lies, and that's exactly what they want. Unfortunately for the stooges, there are still people who actually read & write things down. reading

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Stormy Daniels vs Trump, round ?