independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Thu 13th Dec 2018 6:22am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Trump’s approval rating nears 50% for first time in 10 months
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 02/19/18 5:43pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

Trump’s approval rating nears 50% for first time in 10 months

** MODERATORS NOTE **
You don't have to like the President(of any country)but do not use the org to derogate/disparage any nation of people and definately do not make threats of violence toward the President.

.

.

.

President Trump was feeling the love on Valentine's Day.

Despite scandals surrounding domestic abuse allegations against two top staffers, Trump's approval ratings have leveled off.

For the first time since last April, the same percentage of voters approve as disapprove of Trump's job performance.

In the new Politico/Morning Consult poll, 47% of voters approve of the job Trump is doing as President, while the same percentage disapprove.

.

http://www.nydailynews.co...-1.3820090

-

PEOPLE WILL VOTE WITH POCKET BOOKS ALWAYS HAVE AND WILL AND WAIT FOR THE TAX CUT TO KICK IN! NO COLLUSION WILL BE FOUND. TRUMP WILL HAVE A GOOD CHANGE AT A SECOND TERM.

Trump turns from 'humbling' grief to midterm fire and furry
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 02/19/18 6:24pm

benni

avatar

Trump is named the worst president in history:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/...index.html

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 02/19/18 10:02pm

poppys


Can't wait for that $1.50 per week to roll in so I can buy my Sam's club membership. Good Times!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 02/19/18 11:54pm

BombSquad

avatar

translation: rule #2 Snip -OF4$


yeah. fine. and? we knew that. so how did this suddenly become newsworhty?

[Edited 2/19/18 23:59pm]

2013 Obama & Castro - "and barack has once again bowed down to a despot"
2018 Trump & Kim - "and it is happening now! after nearly 65 years and 11 presidents"
biggest fucking hypocrite around LOL only in da forum...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 02/20/18 12:54am

Adorecream

BombSquad said:

translation: Rule #2 - OF4$


yeah. fine. and? we knew that. so how did this suddenly become newsworhty?

[Edited 2/19/18 23:59pm]

Post of the fucken year - I feel you brother, I feel you- so true.

This piece of shit called Trump needs to fxxken go!

As for poll results, well the sun shines on a dogs ass twice a year.

Got some kind of love for you, and I don't even know your name
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 02/20/18 4:09am

hausofmoi7

avatar

Yeah, so?
Hitler would of also won elections based on his approval ratings in Nazi Germany.
What's your point?
"It means finding the very human narrative of a man navigating between idealism and pragmatism, faith and politics, non-violence, the pitfalls of acclaim as the perils of rejection" – Lesley Hazleton on the first muslim, the prophet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 02/20/18 4:20am

hausofmoi7

avatar

Although democracy is ultimately one of the best methods of governance (when done fairly and properly)
What you are pointing out is one its inherent flaws, The Tyranny of the masses
"It means finding the very human narrative of a man navigating between idealism and pragmatism, faith and politics, non-violence, the pitfalls of acclaim as the perils of rejection" – Lesley Hazleton on the first muslim, the prophet.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 02/20/18 5:39am

13cjk13

SuperFurryAnimal said:

President Trump was feeling the love on Valentine's Day.

Despite scandals surrounding domestic abuse allegations against two top staffers, Trump's approval ratings have leveled off.

For the first time since last April, the same percentage of voters approve as disapprove of Trump's job performance.

In the new Politico/Morning Consult poll, 47% of voters approve of the job Trump is doing as President, while the same percentage disapprove.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/trump-approval-rating-nears-50-time-10-months-article-1.3820090

-

PEOPLE WILL VOTE WITH POCKET BOOKS ALWAYS HAVE AND WILL AND WAIT FOR THE TAX CUT TO KICK IN! NO COLLUSION WILL BE FOUND. TRUMP WILL HAVE A GOOD CHANGE AT A SECOND TERM.

And then, hopefully, he will GO FUCK HIMSELF.

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 02/20/18 6:13am

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

It is just one poll so take it for that. If other polls do come out 47% - 47% approval/disapproval rating? I wonder what that will mean for midterm elections? I noticed CNN soon after the poll started up the Russian midterm election conspiracy. Real talk. Wild days.

Trump turns from 'humbling' grief to midterm fire and furry
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 02/20/18 7:41am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

The shootings will change that.

"My motherfucker's so cool sheep count him."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 02/20/18 7:43am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

The GOP, on the other hand is toast.

"My motherfucker's so cool sheep count him."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 02/20/18 8:27am

namepeace

The GOP's strategy of discrediting the FBI and Mueller investigations has worked, the economy is doing well. Plus, in times of tragedy, presidents tend to fare better with the public.

The key for the upcoming elections is voter enthusiasm and turnout. That should remain high for the Democrats, fueled by months of flipping "red" seats in special elections. The GOP is going to try to contain damage done in every midterm election to the party in power.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 02/20/18 8:46am

poppys

namepeace said:

The GOP's strategy of discrediting the FBI and Mueller investigations has worked, the economy is doing well. Plus, in times of tragedy, presidents tend to fare better with the public.

The key for the upcoming elections is voter enthusiasm and turnout. That should remain high for the Democrats, fueled by months of flipping "red" seats in special elections. The GOP is going to try to contain damage done in every midterm election to the party in power.


Maybe among Trumpers, 1/3 of the voters. Not sure about everyone else.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 02/20/18 9:57am

Empress

SuperFurryAnimal said:

** MODERATORS NOTE **
You don't have to like the President(of any country)but do not use the org to derogate/disparage any nation of people and definately do not make threats of violence toward the President.

.

.

.

President Trump was feeling the love on Valentine's Day.

Despite scandals surrounding domestic abuse allegations against two top staffers, Trump's approval ratings have leveled off.

For the first time since last April, the same percentage of voters approve as disapprove of Trump's job performance.

In the new Politico/Morning Consult poll, 47% of voters approve of the job Trump is doing as President, while the same percentage disapprove.

.

http://www.nydailynews.co...-1.3820090

-

PEOPLE WILL VOTE WITH POCKET BOOKS ALWAYS HAVE AND WILL AND WAIT FOR THE TAX CUT TO KICK IN! NO COLLUSION WILL BE FOUND. TRUMP WILL HAVE A GOOD CHANGE AT A SECOND TERM.

Fake News!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 02/20/18 10:59am

13cjk13

SuperFurryAnimal said:

It is just one poll so take it for that. If other polls do come out 47% - 47% approval/disapproval rating? I wonder what that will mean for midterm elections? I noticed CNN soon after the poll started up the Russian midterm election conspiracy. Real talk. Wild days.

Actually, it's not a conspiracy. People are getting indicted left and right, and soon this disaster of a president will be behind bars.

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 02/20/18 11:01am

poppys

13cjk13 said:

SuperFurryAnimal said:

It is just one poll so take it for that. If other polls do come out 47% - 47% approval/disapproval rating? I wonder what that will mean for midterm elections? I noticed CNN soon after the poll started up the Russian midterm election conspiracy. Real talk. Wild days.

Actually, it's not a conspiracy. People are getting indicted left and right, and soon this disaster of a president will be behind bars.

we can only hope highfive

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 02/20/18 11:33am

Adorecream

Most pyrrhic victory ever - Most presidents have high approval ratings in the Honeymoon period after the election - not Trump who has always had more people disapprove than approve because he is completely hopeless and a slave to human greed and violence.

.

A dollar and pistol packing thug should breaking rocks in the hot sun, not running the country. Voter enthusiasm? - so you consider 51% of all eligible voters a good turnout. In my country we had 78% in the last election and we considered that pathetic.

Got some kind of love for you, and I don't even know your name
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 02/20/18 11:38am

jjhunsecker

avatar

poppys said:



13cjk13 said:




SuperFurryAnimal said:


It is just one poll so take it for that. If other polls do come out 47% - 47% approval/disapproval rating? I wonder what that will mean for midterm elections? I noticed CNN soon after the poll started up the Russian midterm election conspiracy. Real talk. Wild days.



Actually, it's not a conspiracy. People are getting indicted left and right, and soon this disaster of a president will be behind bars.



we can only hope highfive



With Gates flipping, most likely some more interesting things will come out
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 02/20/18 1:06pm

namepeace

poppys said:

namepeace said:

The GOP's strategy of discrediting the FBI and Mueller investigations has worked, the economy is doing well. Plus, in times of tragedy, presidents tend to fare better with the public.

The key for the upcoming elections is voter enthusiasm and turnout. That should remain high for the Democrats, fueled by months of flipping "red" seats in special elections. The GOP is going to try to contain damage done in every midterm election to the party in power.


Maybe among Trumpers, 1/3 of the voters. Not sure about everyone else.


According to POLITICO , as of last week, independent voters now prefer the GOP candidate by aa 1 point margin in their congressional districts, with 49 percent of them undecided.

Independent voters disfavor Trump's job performance 49-39. 16% of Dems APPROVE of the job he's doing, while 14% of GOPers DISAPPROVE.

The fact his numbers are on the upswing indicates to me that non-MAGAs are giving him a chance.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 02/20/18 1:08pm

namepeace

Adorecream said:

Voter enthusiasm? - so you consider 51% of all eligible voters a good turnout. In my country we had 78% in the last election and we considered that pathetic.


That's good turnout for the United States. Sad but true.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 02/20/18 1:18pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

namepeace said:[quote]



poppys said:




namepeace said:


The GOP's strategy of discrediting the FBI and Mueller investigations has worked, the economy is doing well. Plus, in times of tragedy, presidents tend to fare better with the public.

The key for the upcoming elections is voter enthusiasm and turnout. That should remain high for the Democrats, fueled by months of flipping "red" seats in special elections. The GOP is going to try to contain damage done in every midterm election to the party in power.




Maybe among Trumpers, 1/3 of the voters. Not sure about everyone else.




According to POLITICO , as of last week, independent voters now prefer the GOP candidate by aa 1 point margin in their congressional districts, with 49 percent of them undecided.

Independent voters disfavor Trump's job performance 49-39. 16% of Dems APPROVE of the job he's doing, while 14% of GOPers DISAPPROVE.

The fact his numbers are on the upswing indicates to me that non-MAGAs are giving him a chance.

[/]

Sadly I think a lot of people have been broken down by Trump's constant destruction of norms and values, and have made peace or at least accepted the insanity
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 02/20/18 1:49pm

13cjk13

jjhunsecker said:

namepeace said:


Maybe among Trumpers, 1/3 of the voters. Not sure about everyone else.


According to POLITICO , as of last week, independent voters now prefer the GOP candidate by aa 1 point margin in their congressional districts, with 49 percent of them undecided.

Independent voters disfavor Trump's job performance 49-39. 16% of Dems APPROVE of the job he's doing, while 14% of GOPers DISAPPROVE.

The fact his numbers are on the upswing indicates to me that non-MAGAs are giving him a chance.

[/] Sadly I think a lot of people have been broken down by Trump's constant destruction of norms and values, and have made peace or at least accepted the insanity

I will never. He is insane.

"Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press, and that cannot be limited without being lost".
-Thomas Jefferson
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 02/20/18 1:53pm

jjhunsecker

avatar

13cjk13 said:



jjhunsecker said:


namepeace said:



Maybe among Trumpers, 1/3 of the voters. Not sure about everyone else.




According to POLITICO , as of last week, independent voters now prefer the GOP candidate by aa 1 point margin in their congressional districts, with 49 percent of them undecided.

Independent voters disfavor Trump's job performance 49-39. 16% of Dems APPROVE of the job he's doing, while 14% of GOPers DISAPPROVE.

The fact his numbers are on the upswing indicates to me that non-MAGAs are giving him a chance.


[/] Sadly I think a lot of people have been broken down by Trump's constant destruction of norms and values, and have made peace or at least accepted the insanity

I will never. He is insane.



Me neither. He's a subhuman animal douchebag
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 02/20/18 2:11pm

poppys

namepeace said:

poppys said:


Maybe among Trumpers, 1/3 of the voters. Not sure about everyone else.


According to POLITICO , as of last week, independent voters now prefer the GOP candidate by aa 1 point margin in their congressional districts, with 49 percent of them undecided.

Independent voters disfavor Trump's job performance 49-39. 16% of Dems APPROVE of the job he's doing, while 14% of GOPers DISAPPROVE.

The fact his numbers are on the upswing indicates to me that non-MAGAs are giving him a chance.


Okay. Can't argue with that. But polls said HRC would win the Electoral College too. We may have a case of the great unwashed pissed-off who will turn out for Dems next go round. We will have to see I guess. Many thought Ray Moore would win and he lost to a Dem in a state that hadn't had one in 25 years. Now many more are running in Alabama.


[Edited 2/20/18 14:18pm]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 02/20/18 2:24pm

IanRG

It is simple:

.

No one is talking about anyone but Trump.

.

No one is discussing alternatives:

- Not alternative policies (What is the Dem's plans for improving jobs, prices, fair and equitable taxes that don't push the burden to those who can't afford it, Improvig ACAs problems, tackling the deficit, North Korea, establishing better relations with China and Russia?).

- Not alternative people (who are even the current leadership (not appointees but inspirational thought leaders) in the GOP or Dems, let alone emerging future leaders?),

- Not alternative solutions (Why so be conservative in your approach to the USA's and world's problems when you are supposed to be the progressive party? Where are Obama's "Hope" equivalents today?)

.

Weekly or daily righteous indignation over Trump's many, many and varied personal and professional failings can only be sustained for so long against a person who has been so successful in promoting a false image in business, reality TV, media and politics. In today's world of image within 140 characters (or a selfies if that is too hard) over substance, substance can only win if you get it out there. There is no substance coming through from GOP or the Dems.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 02/20/18 3:28pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

The actual economy is not so good. A crash is in the cards.

"My motherfucker's so cool sheep count him."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 02/20/18 3:35pm

uPtoWnNY

IanRG said:

It is simple:

.

No one is talking about anyone but Trump.

.

No one is discussing alternatives:

- Not alternative policies (What is the Dem's plans for improving jobs, prices, fair and equitable taxes that don't push the burden to those who can't afford it, Improvig ACAs problems, tackling the deficit, North Korea, establishing better relations with China and Russia?).

- Not alternative people (who are even the current leadership (not appointees but inspirational thought leaders) in the GOP or Dems, let alone emerging future leaders?),

- Not alternative solutions (Why so be conservative in your approach to the USA's and world's problems when you are supposed to be the progressive party? Where are Obama's "Hope" equivalents today?)

.

Weekly or daily righteous indignation over Trump's many, many and varied personal and professional failings can only be sustained for so long against a person who has been so successful in promoting a false image in business, reality TV, media and politics. In today's world of image within 140 characters (or a selfies if that is too hard) over substance, substance can only win if you get it out there. There is no substance coming through from GOP or the Dems.

nod

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 02/20/18 3:48pm

PeteSilas

still crazy how he won, where are the people that actually voted for him? makes no sense unless they just don't get online, don't speak up in public. I only know one person who admitted to voting for him.

Prince.org: With fans like these he didn't need haters.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 02/20/18 4:04pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

namepeace said:

Adorecream said:

Voter enthusiasm? - so you consider 51% of all eligible voters a good turnout. In my country we had 78% in the last election and we considered that pathetic.


That's good turnout for the United States. Sad but true.

actually that is low. 51% divide part votes that went to Trump part votes that went to Hillary and the rest to other parties.

That is how disillusioned American voters were.

But American voters need to break out of the box of Republican or Democrat parties. Or we just keep getting the same options.

#IDEFINEME #ALBUMSSTILLMATTER

A Liar Shall Not Tarry In My Presence

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the m
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 02/20/18 5:44pm

poppys

IanRG said:

It is simple:

.

No one is talking about anyone but Trump.

.

No one is discussing alternatives:

- Not alternative policies (What is the Dem's plans for improving jobs, prices, fair and equitable taxes that don't push the burden to those who can't afford it, Improvig ACAs problems, tackling the deficit, North Korea, establishing better relations with China and Russia?).

- Not alternative people (who are even the current leadership (not appointees but inspirational thought leaders) in the GOP or Dems, let alone emerging future leaders?),

- Not alternative solutions (Why so be conservative in your approach to the USA's and world's problems when you are supposed to be the progressive party? Where are Obama's "Hope" equivalents today?)

.

Weekly or daily righteous indignation over Trump's many, many and varied personal and professional failings can only be sustained for so long against a person who has been so successful in promoting a false image in business, reality TV, media and politics. In today's world of image within 140 characters (or a selfies if that is too hard) over substance, substance can only win if you get it out there. There is no substance coming through from GOP or the Dems.

Easy to say it's simple. This is a gigantic country. Voter suppression and gerrymandering have taken their toll. Corporate $$ greases the wheels of our government. It's a lot more complicated than not giving attention to Trump. Substance isn't getting many clicks these days.

I am getting old, if Trump gets re-elected I will be close to 70 when it's over (if he doesn't blow us up or I croak first). But I don't care. I will fight against him and yes, talk smack about him as long as he's controlling the highest office. As my late father would say - Courage!

Clifford Holland, aka Head Mole in the NY papers was chief engineer of what is now the Holland Tunnel. He died at age of 41 (bad ticker), days before they broke through the middle, digging from both sides under the Hudson River. But we still have the Holland Tunnel linking Jersey to Manhattan for almost a hundred years now. Never give up.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Trump’s approval rating nears 50% for first time in 10 months