independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 11th Dec 2017 10:42am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Trump Russia Investigation redux - Flynn
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 6 123456>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/01/17 6:22am

poppys

Trump Russia Investigation redux - Flynn


DOJ files criminal charges against Michael Flynn.


http://www.cnn.com/2017/1...index.html


Flynn charged with one count of making false statement

Washington (CNN) Special counsel Robert Mueller has charged former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn with "willfully and knowingly" making "false, fictitious and fraudulent statements" to the FBI regarding conversations with Russia's ambassador.

Flynn is the first Trump administration official and the fourth connected to the campaign to be charged as part of Mueller's investigation into possible collusion between the Russian government and members of Trump's team, as well as potential obstruction of justice and financial crimes.

Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his deputy Rick Gates were indicted last month; they pleaded not guilty. And Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos pleaded guilty for making a false statement to the FBI over contacts with officials connected to the Russian government.

[Edited 12/1/17 8:40am]

If your last December came, what would u do?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/01/17 6:57am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Uh oh. I guess he didn't flip. But I bet our genius president is flipping mad right now, LOL.

Look out, Twitter!

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 12/01/17 7:07am

poppys

RodeoSchro said:

Uh oh. I guess he didn't flip. But I bet our genius president is flipping mad right now, LOL.

Look out, Twitter!

Maybe he cooperated and this is all they are charging him with? Cheeto is flipping his wig for sure!

If your last December came, what would u do?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 12/01/17 7:28am

RodeoSchro

avatar

poppys said:

RodeoSchro said:

Uh oh. I guess he didn't flip. But I bet our genius president is flipping mad right now, LOL.

Look out, Twitter!

Maybe he cooperated and this is all they are charging him with? Cheeto is flipping his wig for sure!



That could be, and his son hasn't been charged so that could be part of the flipping deal, too. But I'd kind of think that if he flipped, he'd have admitted something like Pappadopolous did. It's hard to imagine Flynn saying, "I'll help you here, AND I will fight your attempt to put me in jail at the ssme time".

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 12/01/17 7:33am

poppys

RodeoSchro said:

poppys said:

Maybe he cooperated and this is all they are charging him with? Cheeto is flipping his wig for sure!



That could be, and his son hasn't been charged so that could be part of the flipping deal, too. But I'd kind of think that if he flipped, he'd have admitted something like Pappadopolous did. It's hard to imagine Flynn saying, "I'll help you here, AND I will fight your attempt to put me in jail at the ssme time".

Right, that's not likely.

If your last December came, what would u do?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 12/01/17 7:36am

Musicslave

Nah, he copped a deal. Considering all of the other things he could've been charged with, and he's only pleading guilty to this lying charge? Nah, he got a deal. Remember, the report a couple of weeks ago that it was leaked that Mueller had enough evidence to file chargeS (plural) against Flynn. He got a deal. Let's see if he even serve any time. And if he does serve, how long. I think he's going to got off quite lightly considering what he could've been facing.

-

Best believe Cheeto is sweating orange right about now.

[Edited 12/1/17 7:38am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 12/01/17 7:44am

Musicslave

Let me also add... It was only last week that we discovered that Flynn was stopping relaying information to Trump attorneys. To me, Mueller might have been using Flynn all the way up to last week. He could've been used as a mole up unto last week.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 12/01/17 7:58am

RodeoSchro

avatar

UPDATE: Flynn is now pleading GUILTY to one charge. No doubt he's flipped.

Our genius president is probably beside himself right now.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/1...index.html


Washington (CNN)Former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn will plead guilty Friday to "willfully and knowingly" making "false, fictitious and fraudulent statements" to the FBI about conversations with Russia's ambassador, according to court documents.

Flynn arrived at court Friday morning. He is the first Trump administration official and the fourth connected to the campaign to be charged as part of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into possible collusion between the Russian government and members of Trump's team, as well as potential obstruction of justice and financial crimes.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 12/01/17 8:07am

poppys

Yeah, abc news - he is fully cooperating and will testify. They say he is not happy about it, lol.

He also took 500k from the Turkish gov at the same time he was giving advice to Trump on Turkey. Unrelated but adds pressure.

Pit Bull Sanders better sharpen her knives. No response from WH yet.

[Edited 12/1/17 8:11am]

If your last December came, what would u do?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 12/01/17 8:25am

RodeoSchro

avatar

poppys said:

Yeah, abc news - he is fully cooperating and will testify. They say he is not happy about it, lol.

He also took 500k from the Turkish gov at the same time he was giving advice to Trump on Turkey. Unrelated but adds pressure.

Pit Bull Sanders better sharpen her knives. No response from WH yet.

[Edited 12/1/17 8:11am]




I wish someone from the press corps would challenge Sanders to see if she can begin one answer without using the word "Look" as her opening word.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 12/01/17 8:32am

poppys

The View - Flynn is going to testify that Donald Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians. It's resignation time!
flag party

[Edited 12/1/17 8:37am]

If your last December came, what would u do?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 12/01/17 8:58am

poppys

https://www.cnbc.com/2017...genda.html

Stocks fall sharply on report that Michael Flynn was directed by Trump to talk to Russians

  • ABC News reported that Flynn would testify that he was directed to make contact with the Russians.

In a statement, Flynn said he agreed to "cooperate with the Special Counsel's Office reflect a
decision I made in the best interests of my family and of our country."

"If you believe the market has been rallying in the last 13 months [on hopes of fiscal stimulus, etc, this report] potentially unravels all of that," said Jeremy Klein, chief market strategist at FBN Securities. "Markets don't like uncertainty and this is the ultimate uncertainty."

If your last December came, what would u do?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 12/01/17 9:03am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 12/01/17 9:11am

Musicslave

poppys said:

The View - Flynn is going to testify that Donald Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians. It's resignation time!
flag party

[Edited 12/1/17 8:37am]

-

I believe he has already flipped and gave up significant information a while ago. By the time this news become public, Mueller/Feds have already gotten what they needed. By the time the feds actions or intentions become public, it's too late.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 12/01/17 9:14am

Musicslave

poppys said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017...genda.html

Stocks fall sharply on report that Michael Flynn was directed by Trump to talk to Russians

  • ABC News reported that Flynn would testify that he was directed to make contact with the Russians.

In a statement, Flynn said he agreed to "cooperate with the Special Counsel's Office reflect a
decision I made in the best interests of my family and of our country."

"If you believe the market has been rallying in the last 13 months [on hopes of fiscal stimulus, etc, this report] potentially unravels all of that," said Jeremy Klein, chief market strategist at FBN Securities. "Markets don't like uncertainty and this is the ultimate uncertainty."

-

Yup. That's another reason I wasn't buying into the market rally. It was all based on Trump being able to deliver on those favorable laws for Wall Street being passed. However, we'll see if the bill passes or not. This development weakens Trump more and provides more political cover for the republicans to not vote for it.

-

The republicans may go ahead and pass the bill even more now because they really don't have much to campaign on in 2018. At least it will give them a political win...

[Edited 12/1/17 9:19am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 12/01/17 9:20am

2elijah

avatar

Get the popcorn out. popcorn
'Trump voters got Hoodwinked by Trump' popcorn coke
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 12/01/17 9:26am

RodeoSchro

avatar

I will consider all this a complete success if nothing happens except that Roger Stone spends the rest of his life in prison.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 12/01/17 9:28am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Musicslave said:

poppys said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017...genda.html

Stocks fall sharply on report that Michael Flynn was directed by Trump to talk to Russians

  • ABC News reported that Flynn would testify that he was directed to make contact with the Russians.

In a statement, Flynn said he agreed to "cooperate with the Special Counsel's Office reflect a
decision I made in the best interests of my family and of our country."

"If you believe the market has been rallying in the last 13 months [on hopes of fiscal stimulus, etc, this report] potentially unravels all of that," said Jeremy Klein, chief market strategist at FBN Securities. "Markets don't like uncertainty and this is the ultimate uncertainty."

-

Yup. That's another reason I wasn't buying into the market rally. It was all based on Trump being able to deliver on those favorable laws for Wall Street being passed. However, we'll see if the bill passes or not. This development weakens Trump more and provides more political cover for the republicans to not vote for it.

-

The republicans may go ahead and pass the bill even more now because they really don't have much to campaign on in 2018. At least it will give them a political win...

[Edited 12/1/17 9:19am]




Our genius president doesn't realize that what goes up will come down. Markets correct all the time; that's why President Obama didn't take credit for the tripling of the DJIA under his presidency. He could have trumpted that at any time but he knew the risk in doing it was that he'd get blamed if/when the market corrected.

Our genius president does not understand that. And given that he inherited a 19,000 DJIA, I do not see him tripling THAT.


Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 12/01/17 9:32am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Nice analysis from CNN's Chris Cillizza:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/1...index.html


The big question going forward is who is the real target (or targets) of Mueller's investigation -- and how Mueller believes what Flynn knows helps make that case.

Is it Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner? We know the role Kushner played in the firing of FBI Director James Comey has been a subject of questions from Mueller's investigators to witnesses before them. We know from reports in The New York Times and Wall Street Journal that Mueller's team is looking into Jared Kushner's activities surrounding the December 2016 UN Security Council vote that condemned Israeli settlements. The charges against Flynn seem to reference that vote.

Is it Donald Trump Jr? We know the eldest son of the president -- as well as Kushner -- participated in a July 2016 meeting at Trump Tower with several Russians -- a meeting spurred by the promise that dirt would be provided on Hillary Clinton.

We don't know the answer to that "who is it" question yet. What we do know, however, is that Flynn's plea deal with Mueller brings the special counsel investigation ever closer to the President of the United States. (Worth noting: As of the spring -- prior to the firing of Comey by Trump and the appointment of Mueller as special counsel -- Trump was not under FBI investigation. We know that because Trump says Comey, on several occasions, told him he wasn't.)

Whether or not this probe ultimately reaches to Trump, it's now totally impossible for the President and his allies to dismiss the Mueller investigation as a "hoax," a distraction or the work of Democrats bitter about losing the election.

The following things are facts:
  1. Mueller was appointed as special counsel by Trump Justice Department deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.
  2. Flynn was an extremely close and influential advisor to Trump as a candidate and as president.
  3. Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his interactions with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.
There's no "fake news" media in either of those three sentences. Or Democrats. Or hoaxes. Or witch hunts.
Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 12/01/17 9:33am

poppys

2elijah said:

Get the popcorn out. popcorn


giphy.gif

If your last December came, what would u do?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 12/01/17 9:46am

Musicslave

RodeoSchro said:

Nice analysis from CNN's Chris Cillizza:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/1...index.html


The big question going forward is who is the real target (or targets) of Mueller's investigation -- and how Mueller believes what Flynn knows helps make that case.

Is it Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner? We know the role Kushner played in the firing of FBI Director James Comey has been a subject of questions from Mueller's investigators to witnesses before them. We know from reports in The New York Times and Wall Street Journal that Mueller's team is looking into Jared Kushner's activities surrounding the December 2016 UN Security Council vote that condemned Israeli settlements. The charges against Flynn seem to reference that vote.

Is it Donald Trump Jr? We know the eldest son of the president -- as well as Kushner -- participated in a July 2016 meeting at Trump Tower with several Russians -- a meeting spurred by the promise that dirt would be provided on Hillary Clinton.

We don't know the answer to that "who is it" question yet. What we do know, however, is that Flynn's plea deal with Mueller brings the special counsel investigation ever closer to the President of the United States. (Worth noting: As of the spring -- prior to the firing of Comey by Trump and the appointment of Mueller as special counsel -- Trump was not under FBI investigation. We know that because Trump says Comey, on several occasions, told him he wasn't.)

Whether or not this probe ultimately reaches to Trump, it's now totally impossible for the President and his allies to dismiss the Mueller investigation as a "hoax," a distraction or the work of Democrats bitter about losing the election.

The following things are facts:
  1. Mueller was appointed as special counsel by Trump Justice Department deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.
  2. Flynn was an extremely close and influential advisor to Trump as a candidate and as president.
  3. Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his interactions with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.
There's no "fake news" media in either of those three sentences. Or Democrats. Or hoaxes. Or witch hunts.

-

Yup just read that one. Did you read this....

-

Prosecutor: Flynn talked to Trump transition team in between calls with Russian ambassador

From CNN's Katelyn Polantz

-

According to a statement from the prosecutor, Michael Flynn called President Trump's transition team in between calls to Russia's ambassador to the US.

-

On December 29, Flynn called the senior Trump transition team at Mar-A-Lago to discuss conversations with Sergey Kislyak, according to the statement. There were multiple conversations with the transition while he was also talking to Kisyak about Russia sanctions and the Russian response.

-

The prosecutors did not name any transition officials.

[Edited 12/1/17 9:47am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 12/01/17 9:51am

Musicslave

RodeoSchro said:

Musicslave said:

-

Yup. That's another reason I wasn't buying into the market rally. It was all based on Trump being able to deliver on those favorable laws for Wall Street being passed. However, we'll see if the bill passes or not. This development weakens Trump more and provides more political cover for the republicans to not vote for it.

-

The republicans may go ahead and pass the bill even more now because they really don't have much to campaign on in 2018. At least it will give them a political win...

[Edited 12/1/17 9:19am]




Our genius president doesn't realize that what goes up will come down. Markets correct all the time; that's why President Obama didn't take credit for the tripling of the DJIA under his presidency. He could have trumpted that at any time but he knew the risk in doing it was that he'd get blamed if/when the market corrected.

Our genius president does not understand that. And given that he inherited a 19,000 DJIA, I do not see him tripling THAT.


-

So true. I thought of the same thing everytime he takes credit for the market rally. In essence, he could due to the a lot of the wind beneath its wings are Trump's promises to Wall Street (excuse me, middle America) about how they'll benefit from those tax cuts. However, like you said, you gotta take responsibility for it once it comes down too. And we all know that ain't gonna happen. lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 12/01/17 9:52am

namepeace

This is all just incredibly sad news for the country.

Good night, sweet Prince | 7 June 1958 - 21 April 2016

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 12/01/17 9:55am

Musicslave

namepeace said:

This is all just incredibly sad news for the country.

-

It is sad. But it also provides a sense of hope for justice prevailing too in the face of such hopelessness in this country.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 12/01/17 10:03am

poppys

namepeace said:

This is all just incredibly sad news for the country.

Sadder still would be if this never came out. Something was wrong with Russia being all up in the gov, now we are finding out.

If your last December came, what would u do?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 12/01/17 10:11am

RodeoSchro

avatar

Musicslave said:

RodeoSchro said:

Nice analysis from CNN's Chris Cillizza:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/1...index.html


The big question going forward is who is the real target (or targets) of Mueller's investigation -- and how Mueller believes what Flynn knows helps make that case.

Is it Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner? We know the role Kushner played in the firing of FBI Director James Comey has been a subject of questions from Mueller's investigators to witnesses before them. We know from reports in The New York Times and Wall Street Journal that Mueller's team is looking into Jared Kushner's activities surrounding the December 2016 UN Security Council vote that condemned Israeli settlements. The charges against Flynn seem to reference that vote.

Is it Donald Trump Jr? We know the eldest son of the president -- as well as Kushner -- participated in a July 2016 meeting at Trump Tower with several Russians -- a meeting spurred by the promise that dirt would be provided on Hillary Clinton.

We don't know the answer to that "who is it" question yet. What we do know, however, is that Flynn's plea deal with Mueller brings the special counsel investigation ever closer to the President of the United States. (Worth noting: As of the spring -- prior to the firing of Comey by Trump and the appointment of Mueller as special counsel -- Trump was not under FBI investigation. We know that because Trump says Comey, on several occasions, told him he wasn't.)

Whether or not this probe ultimately reaches to Trump, it's now totally impossible for the President and his allies to dismiss the Mueller investigation as a "hoax," a distraction or the work of Democrats bitter about losing the election.

The following things are facts:
  1. Mueller was appointed as special counsel by Trump Justice Department deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.
  2. Flynn was an extremely close and influential advisor to Trump as a candidate and as president.
  3. Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his interactions with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.
There's no "fake news" media in either of those three sentences. Or Democrats. Or hoaxes. Or witch hunts.

-

Yup just read that one. Did you read this....

-

Prosecutor: Flynn talked to Trump transition team in between calls with Russian ambassador

From CNN's Katelyn Polantz

-

According to a statement from the prosecutor, Michael Flynn called President Trump's transition team in between calls to Russia's ambassador to the US.

-

On December 29, Flynn called the senior Trump transition team at Mar-A-Lago to discuss conversations with Sergey Kislyak, according to the statement. There were multiple conversations with the transition while he was also talking to Kisyak about Russia sanctions and the Russian response.

-

The prosecutors did not name any transition officials.

[Edited 12/1/17 9:47am]




That sounds pretty incredible and for the government to make a plea deal with Flynn, they must have something even bigger and more incredible that they are going after.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 12/01/17 10:12am

RodeoSchro

avatar

namepeace said:

This is all just incredibly sad news for the country.




Not sad in the sense that we are cleansing ourselves of crooks. And we aren't done yet.

It was sad that we elected a grifter, and sadder still that the grifter appointed a bevy of dishonest people. But it's good now that we are getting them out of our government.

Second Funkiest White Man in America

P&R's paladin
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 12/01/17 10:12am

Musicslave

RodeoSchro said:

Musicslave said:

-

Yup just read that one. Did you read this....

-

Prosecutor: Flynn talked to Trump transition team in between calls with Russian ambassador

From CNN's Katelyn Polantz

-

According to a statement from the prosecutor, Michael Flynn called President Trump's transition team in between calls to Russia's ambassador to the US.

-

On December 29, Flynn called the senior Trump transition team at Mar-A-Lago to discuss conversations with Sergey Kislyak, according to the statement. There were multiple conversations with the transition while he was also talking to Kisyak about Russia sanctions and the Russian response.

-

The prosecutors did not name any transition officials.

[Edited 12/1/17 9:47am]




That sounds pretty incredible and for the government to make a plea deal with Flynn, they must have something even bigger and more incredible that they are going after.

nod

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 12/01/17 10:24am

Musicslave

RodeoSchro said:

namepeace said:

This is all just incredibly sad news for the country.




Not sad in the sense that we are cleansing ourselves of crooks. And we aren't done yet.

It was sad that we elected a grifter, and sadder still that the grifter appointed a bevy of dishonest people. But it's good now that we are getting them out of our government.

-

Speaking of dishonest people, who do think is up next on Mueller's food chain? Sessions? Kusher? someone we never heard of as Papadoc? Just curious on your thoughts...

-

And as far as getting them out of our gov't is concerned. We'll see. I'll fully agree with that statement after aftermath of Mueller's investigation.

-


[Edited 12/1/17 10:33am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 12/01/17 10:43am

Musicslave

RodeoSchro said:

Musicslave said:

-

Yup just read that one. Did you read this....

-

Prosecutor: Flynn talked to Trump transition team in between calls with Russian ambassador

From CNN's Katelyn Polantz

-

According to a statement from the prosecutor, Michael Flynn called President Trump's transition team in between calls to Russia's ambassador to the US.

-

On December 29, Flynn called the senior Trump transition team at Mar-A-Lago to discuss conversations with Sergey Kislyak, according to the statement. There were multiple conversations with the transition while he was also talking to Kisyak about Russia sanctions and the Russian response.

-

The prosecutors did not name any transition officials.

[Edited 12/1/17 9:47am]




That sounds pretty incredible and for the government to make a plea deal with Flynn, they must have something even bigger and more incredible that they are going after.

-

In a criminal information filing from Mueller’s team, the government alleges that Flynn “willfully and knowingly made materially false, fictitious, and fraudulent statements” in an interview with FBI agents on Jan. 24. It alleges he falsely told the FBI that he did not ask the Russian ambassador to refrain from retaliating to sanctions the Obama administration imposed on Russia in late December. Flynn also allegedly lied about asking the Russian ambassador on Dec. 22 to delay or defeat a pending United Nations Security Council resolution.

-

This means on the behalf of the president-elect and his transition team, HE DID ASK the Russian ambassador to refrain from retaliating to those sanctions the outgoing Obama administration imposed because things were going get better with their relations with the US once Trump got in the WH January this year. He had to ease Putin's concerns about the sanctions pretty well for there not to be any backlash from Russia. (not counting the continued efforts online to sow seeds of division within the country of course. That hasn't stopped lol ).

-

This also means that HE DID ASK the ambassador to delay or defeat that resolution where America publically chastised Israel for its actions through the UN Security Council.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 6 123456>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Trump Russia Investigation redux - Flynn