independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 11th Dec 2017 8:39pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Say goodbye to the internet as we know it. Trump to kill Net Neutrality.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/21/17 10:53am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Say goodbye to the internet as we know it. Trump to kill Net Neutrality.

The Turks take it on:

They know this will kill the left. Their plan. Slow down all the left wing platforms. The Org may be hard to get too as well. Very sad.

DJ is da man
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/21/17 11:20am

djThunderfunk

avatar

This is not partisan. Killing Net Neutrality is helpful for the Mass Media (left AND right) and harmful to the independent (left AND right).

CNN & MSNBC & Huffpost will benefit just as much as FOX & Breitbart. It might hurt YoungTurks but it might also hurt Infowars. So, not partisan.

It's about the corporate world monopolizing over independent enterprises, in media, in business, in everything that the interenet is used for.

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/21/17 11:31am

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

i doubt it will have any noticeable effect other than they will be able to 'move' bandwidth to areas based on demand at any given time.

"I was raped by the Arkansas AG who then becomes Governor & President..." Juanita Broaddrick
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/21/17 11:47am

djThunderfunk

avatar

OnlyNDaUsa said:

i doubt it will have any noticeable effect other than they will be able to 'move' bandwidth to areas based on demand at any given time.


Come on, Only. You know this will lead to the mass media and corporations monopolizing bandwith and squeezing out the independent. Everybody should be against this, regardless of politics.


We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/21/17 11:49am

djThunderfunk

avatar

Net Neutrality: What You Need to Know Now

https://www.savetheintern...d-know-now



We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/21/17 12:48pm

gimmesomehornz

Trump will do what his handlers want him to do. As did Obama.

It's okay to be white.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/21/17 1:47pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

You take the top twenty websites and find a smarter way to provide them outside the way net neutrality you decrease the pool and you will get faster and more economical internet. I think we have seen under Obama skyrocket, the price of cable, internet.

I'm sure you geniuses can pull up some stats on Cable Tv, Internet costs and see it's out of control!! Cable tv is in big trouble with streaming. You are probably overpaying for internet as it is and they can make technology that would cut that price down for them and you but you see how that works when gov steps in and controls how technology dictates.

You better Watch Out! I'm a WAR MACHINE!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/21/17 1:49pm

SuperFurryAnim
al

avatar

gimmesomehornz said:

Trump will do what his handlers want him to do. As did Obama.

Obama wanted Feds to go in and monitor Alt Media and to be able to shut down various websites like Infowars.

You better Watch Out! I'm a WAR MACHINE!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/22/17 4:03pm

hausofmoi7

avatar

The internet is a truly democratic flatform and we can see how that has changed the discourse on various issues as a result.

I suppose this is an attempt to make certain information only available to some and not to others.
Some people may end up only being able to afford access to "Real housewives of Beverly Hills" CNN and Fox News.
Basically this will make access to certain information a bourgeois luxury, therefore making such information politically ineffective.

There is talk of creating new internet infrastructures to work over this problem.


.
[Edited 11/22/17 16:46pm]
"It means finding the very human narrative of a man navigating between idealism and pragmatism, faith and politics, non-violence, the pitfalls of acclaim as the perils of rejection" – Lesley Hazleton on the first muslim, the prophet.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/24/17 3:42am

Chancellor

avatar

I've been seeing Tons of Tweets about Net Neutrality...Eventually I'll google it and talk about it...Right now, I'm like whatever...I'm eating me some Thanksgiving food...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/24/17 8:52am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

We need to protest this. This turkey tastes like shit.

DJ is da man
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 12/01/17 5:06pm

TonyVanDam

djThunderfunk said:

This is not partisan. Killing Net Neutrality is helpful for the Mass Media (left AND right) and harmful to the independent (left AND right).

CNN & MSNBC & Huffpost will benefit just as much as FOX & Breitbart. It might hurt YoungTurks but it might also hurt Infowars. So, not partisan.

It's about the corporate world monopolizing over independent enterprises, in media, in business, in everything that the interenet is used for.


Exactly. Communication Corporations like Comcast, Cox, and many others would like net neutrality to be discontinued so they can have all the control of the World Wide Web themselves. They have the freedom to overcharge their customers for internet services as well as decrease your downloading/uploading speed based up the content of your website, your social media accounts, etc.


 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 12/01/17 5:14pm

TonyVanDam

hausofmoi7 said:

The internet is a truly democratic flatform and we can see how that has changed the discourse on various issues as a result. I suppose this is an attempt to make certain information only available to some and not to others. Some people may end up only being able to afford access to "Real housewives of Beverly Hills" CNN and Fox News. Basically this will make access to certain information a bourgeois luxury, therefore making such information politically ineffective. There is talk of creating new internet infrastructures to work over this problem. . [Edited 11/22/17 16:46pm]


A mesh network is one option:

https://en.wikipedia.org/...networking

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 12/03/17 4:47am

midnightmover

SuperFurryAnimal said:

You take the top twenty websites and find a smarter way to provide them outside the way net neutrality you decrease the pool and you will get faster and more economical internet. I think we have seen under Obama skyrocket, the price of cable, internet.

I'm sure you geniuses can pull up some stats on Cable Tv, Internet costs and see it's out of control!! Cable tv is in big trouble with streaming. You are probably overpaying for internet as it is and they can make technology that would cut that price down for them and you but you see how that works when gov steps in and controls how technology dictates.

This is Donald showing his true colors as a crony capitalist and a friend of his fellow plutocrats. It's an attack on the little guy. Your leader is evil and you should be opposing what he's doing here.

Fortunately I live in the UK so it shouldn't effect me, but it's deeply fucked up that this can even be considered. If only corporate media would talk about this real story the same way they talk about the fake Russian story, maybe people would stand up and stop it.

“The man who never looks into a newspaper is better informed than he who reads them, inasmuch as he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.”
- Thomas Jefferson
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 12/04/17 2:12pm

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Thom Hartmann reminds us how radical the Boston Tea Party actually was:

https://www.alternet.org/...-are-about

The protest was against the East India Company, not the government.

DJ is da man
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Say goodbye to the internet as we know it. Trump to kill Net Neutrality.