independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Mon 18th Dec 2017 4:47am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Hollywood sexual harassment thread
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 9 123456789>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/16/17 11:50am

djThunderfunk

avatar

Hollywood sexual harassment thread

Evidently some of us are incapable of following rules. Shall we try again?

Next up on the accusation list: Sylvester Stallone!

http://www.dailymail.co.u...esome.html




EDIT: thumbs up to whomever on thread title change wink

Sexual Assault and the general public

http://prince.org/msg/105/449191

Roy Moore accused of sexual harassment and underage dating

http://prince.org/msg/105/449056

Hollywood implicated in Weinstein saga.

http://prince.org/msg/105/447883

Kevin Spacey Hollyweirdo Sexual Assault

http://prince.org/msg/100/448526

Sexual harrassment (Political World) - Time for a change in a retrograde society

http://prince.org/msg/105/449192?pg=1

original thread: http://prince.org/msg/105...=175916759

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/16/17 12:24pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

John Travolta story resurfaces.


https://www.thedailybeast...le-masseur



We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/16/17 5:20pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Both the Stallone & Travolta reports appear to be old stories that are resurfacing in light of the current atmosphere.

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/16/17 6:18pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Danny Masterson Rape Accuser Comes Forward To Blast NETFLIX : "We Do Matter"

https://www.thedailybeast.com/danny-masterson-rape-accuser-comes-forward-to-blast-netflix-we-do-matter

The star of Netflix’s ‘The Ranch’ has been accused of sexual assault by four women. For the first time, one of Masterson’s alleged victims has come forward to speak out.

As powerful men continue to fall in a long-awaited purge, accusers are quickly finding out that not every allegation is treated equally.

At Netflix, there appears to be some sort of a bar for bad men; while the entertainment company has very publicly severed professional ties with comedian Louis C.K. and actor Kevin Spacey, it has been reticent to address sexual assault allegations against The Ranch’s Danny Masterson.

The pending case against Masterson first went public last March, when journalist Tony Ortega published a slew of accusations and documents on his blog, The Underground Bunker. Ortega broke the news that the Los Angeles Police Department had been investigating the Scientologist and actor for “at least three alleged cases of rape or sodomy of women who were also Scientologists and who claim they were pressured by the Church of Scientology not to contact police or go public with their accusations.”

A subsequent statement from LAPD’s robbery-homicide division confirmed that, “The Los Angeles Police Department Robbery Homicide Division, Sexual Assault Section, is conducting an investigation involving the actor Danny Masterson. Three women have come forward and disclosed that they were sexually assaulted by Masterson during the early 2000s.”

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/16/17 6:41pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

OldFriends4Sale said:

Danny Masterson Rape Accuser Comes Forward To Blast NETFLIX : "We Do Matter"


Masterson's case is an anomaly. It's weird, conisidering the allegations, that his show is still going. Am I wrong in thinking other shows have been canceled for less? Is scientology powerful enough to protect him and his show? Weird....

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/16/17 7:12pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

purplefam99 said:

Where is my Al Franken post that was listed at post #3 initially????


Maybe all those political harassment threads should all be rolled up into one.

Franken would probably belong there?

It's been mentioned here: http://prince.org/msg/105/449165





We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/16/17 7:16pm

purplefam99

djThunderfunk said:

purplefam99 said:

Where is my Al Franken post that was listed at post #3 initially????


Maybe all those political harassment threads should all be rolled up into one. lol lol

Franken would probably belong there?

It's been mentioned here: http://prince.org/msg/105/449165





ok thx!!! the cheese keeps moving.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/16/17 8:07pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Sylvester Stallone’s Publicist Blasts ‘Ridiculous, Categorically False’ Sexual Assault Report

Tim Kenneally
6 hrs ago

Sylvester Stallone's publicist has come out swinging against a report by the Daily Mail that the "Rocky" star was accused of sexual assault against a 16-year-old in the 1980s, calling the report a "ridiculous, categorically false story."

"This is a ridiculous, categorically false story," Stallone spokesperson Michelle Bega said in a statement provided to TheWrap. "No one was ever aware of this story until it was published today, including Mr. Stallone."

The statement continued, "At no time was Mr. Stallone ever contacted by any authorities or anyone else regarding this matter."

The Daily Mail report, published Thursday, said that Stallone was accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl while filming "Over the Top" in Las Vegas in 1986.

According to the Daily Mail story, the unnamed female told police that she had been "intimidated" into having sex with Stallone and his bodyguard, Michael De Luca at a Las Vegas hotel in July 1986.

The Mail reported that the teen said she became "very uncomfortable" after Stallone urged De Luca to join them while having sex but "felt she had no choice" at that point.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/sylvester-stallone%E2%80%99s-publicist-blasts-%E2%80%98ridiculous-categorically-false%E2%80%99-sexual-assault-report/ar-BBF3CVC?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

djThunderfunk said:

Evidently some of us are incapable of following rules. Shall we try again?

Next up on the accusation list: Sylvester Stallone!

http://www.dailymail.co.u...esome.html

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/16/17 8:10pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

Sarah Silverman on Louis C.K.’s Sexual Misconduct: ‘I Love Louis, but He Did These Things’

Joe Otterson

Sarah Silverman addressed Louis C.K.’s sexual misconduct in the opening of this week’s episode of her Hulu series “I Love You, America.”

“This recent calling out of sexual assault has been a long time coming,” Silverman said. “It’s good. It’s like cutting out tumors: it’s messy, and it’s complicated, and it is going to hurt, but it’s necessary and we’ll all be healthier for it. And it sucks. And some of our heroes will be taken down and we will discover bad things about people we like, or in some cases, people we love.”

Silverman was clearly emotional as she spoke, appearing to fight back tears multiple times as she went on to describe her friend C.K.’s behavior.

“One of my best friends of over 25 years, Louis C.K., masturbated in front of women,” she continued. “He wielded his power with women in -—ed up ways, sometimes to the point where they left comedy entirely. I could couch this with heartwarming stories of our friendship and what a great dad he is, but that’s totally irrelevant, isn’t it? Yes, it is. It’s a real mindf—, because I love Louis. But Louis did these things. Both of those statements are true. So I just keep asking myself, ‘Can you love someone who did bad things? Can you still love them?’ I can mull that over later certainly, because the only people that matter right now are the victims. They are victims and they are victims because of something he did. So I hope it’s OK that I am, at once, very angry for the women he wronged and the culture that enabled it, and also sad, because he’s my friend. But I believe with all my heart that this moment in time is essential. It’s vital that people are held accountable for their actions, no matter who they are. We need to be better. We will be better. I can’t -—ing wait to be better.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/sarah-silverman-on-louis-ck%E2%80%99s-sexual-misconduct-%E2%80%98i-love-louis-but-he-did-these-things%E2%80%99/ar-BBF3rgF?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/17/17 8:23am

djThunderfunk

avatar

Fresh accusations against Jeffrey Tambor.

https://www.theguardian.c...parent-set

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/17/17 8:24am

djThunderfunk

avatar

Ron Jeremy? lol

http://www.nydailynews.co...-1.3638724


EDIT: I'm NOT laughing at rape accusations, I'm laughing because it seems weird that a porn star would feel the need to rape someone... I don't get it.


We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/17/17 10:16am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

SNIP - OF4$

DJ is da man
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/17/17 11:21am

djThunderfunk

avatar

Ron Jeremy: "I'm a groper not a rapist."


http://www.dailymail.co.u...-rape.html

I still don't get this one. Their JOB was sex.

I'm not saying that this in any way means they should have to put up with unwanted harassment, but, in such an atmosphere it would be hard to ascertain if he behaved "innapropriately" or not. No?





[Edited 11/17/17 11:23am]

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/17/17 11:26am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

This always goes back to the right wing. How they supported the men's rights movement. How they came up with idiocy about how there is a war on boys. That date rape was like a bar fight. Those people writing and saying that were women.

DJ is da man
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/17/17 11:29am

maplenpg

djThunderfunk said:

Ron Jeremy: "I'm a groper not a rapist."


http://www.dailymail.co.u...-rape.html

I still don't get this one. Their JOB was sex.

I'm not saying that this in any way means they should have to put up with unwanted harassment, but, in such an atmosphere it would be hard to ascertain if he behaved "innapropriately" or not. No?





[Edited 11/17/17 11:23am]

No. No industry gets a pass as to the 'greyness' of appropriateness. Prostitutes have suffered for centuries because of this.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/17/17 11:38am

djThunderfunk

avatar

maplenpg said:

djThunderfunk said:

Ron Jeremy: "I'm a groper not a rapist."


http://www.dailymail.co.u...-rape.html

I still don't get this one. Their JOB was sex.

I'm not saying that this in any way means they should have to put up with unwanted harassment, but, in such an atmosphere it would be hard to ascertain if he behaved "innapropriately" or not. No?





[Edited 11/17/17 11:23am]

No. No industry gets a pass as to the 'greyness' of appropriateness. Prostitutes have suffered for centuries because of this.


Please don't take me wrong. I'm not at all arguing that they should get a pass.

I do however think making a determination of guilt or innocence would be difficult in such a case.

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/17/17 11:38am

djThunderfunk

avatar

2freaky4church1 said:

This always goes back to the right wing. How they supported the men's rights movement. How they came up with idiocy about how there is a war on boys. That date rape was like a bar fight. Those people writing and saying that were women.


This is NOT a partisan issue. Stop trying to make it one.

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/17/17 11:41am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

It is and it isn't.

DJ is da man
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/17/17 11:42am

djThunderfunk

avatar

No. It ISN"T. Not even a little bit.



[Edited 11/17/17 11:44am]

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/17/17 11:51am

Dasein

djThunderfunk said:

Ron Jeremy: "I'm a groper not a rapist."


http://www.dailymail.co.u...-rape.html

I still don't get this one. Their JOB was sex.

I'm not saying that this in any way means they should have to put up with unwanted harassment, but, in such an atmosphere it would be hard to ascertain if he behaved "innapropriately" or not. No?





[Edited 11/17/17 11:23am]



Implicit in your post here is the claim that groping someone against their will is simply inappropriate
if the context of the act was situated in a pornographic setting.

And, making a determination as to whether or not Jeremy is guilty is quite easy:

Lawyer: After Jeremy removed his penis from your anus, did you have a problem with his penis
being in your anus in the first place?
Plaintiff: No.
Lawyer: Why not?
Plaintiff: Because that was the scene; I consented to anal sex for the movie Lord of the Anal Rings.
Lawyer: So, after the scene was over, what happened?
Plaintiff: He groped my breasts.
Lawyer: Was that a part of the scene?
Plaintiff: No. The scene was over; the director yelled 'cut!' And, I never consented to his groping.
Lawyer: No further questions, your honor.
Jeremy's Lawyer: But, it was a pornographic setting, your honor!

Lawyer: And the boundaries of the law stops in pornography? Guilty!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 11/17/17 11:51am

2freaky4church
1

avatar

Circles are circles.

DJ is da man
"2freaky is very down." 2Elijah.
"2freaky convinced me to join Antifa: OnlyNDA
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 11/17/17 11:56am

djThunderfunk

avatar

Dasein said:


Implicit in your post here is the claim that groping someone against their will is simply inappropriate
if the context of the act was situated in a pornographic setting.

And, making a determination as to whether or not Jeremy is guilty is quite easy:

Lawyer: After Jeremy removed his penis from your anus, did you have a problem with his penis
being in your anus in the first place?
Plaintiff: No.
Lawyer: Why not?
Plaintiff: Because that was the scene; I consented to anal sex for the movie Lord of the Anal Rings.
Lawyer: So, after the scene was over, what happened?
Plaintiff: He groped my breasts.
Lawyer: Was that a part of the scene?
Plaintiff: No. The scene was over; the director yelled 'cut!' And, I never consented to his groping.
Lawyer: No further questions, your honor.
Jeremy's Lawyer: But, it was a pornographic setting, your honor!

Lawyer: And the boundaries of the law stops in pornography? Guilty!


If you think I have made a case in defense of Jeremy or his behavior, you are mistaken and you are wasting your time arguing against your own imagination.

Have fun with that.


[Edited 11/17/17 11:57am]

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 11/17/17 12:05pm

Dasein

djThunderfunk said:

maplenpg said:

No. No industry gets a pass as to the 'greyness' of appropriateness. Prostitutes have suffered for centuries because of this.


Please don't take me wrong. I'm not at all arguing that they should get a pass.

I do however think making a determination of guilt or innocence would be difficult in such a case.

If you think I have made a case in defense of Jeremy or his behavior, you are mistaken and you are wasting your time arguing against your own imagination.

Have fun with that.


I don't think you are purposefully making a case to defend Jeremy - that's why I said your claim
was implicit. I noticed where you clarify that you are not arguing that Jeremy should get a pass.
My point was that you either didn't word your thoughts carefully or you didn't think your thoughts
all the way through to discover where any logical rebuttals existed.


Also, you did acknowledge that you thought it would be difficult to determine whether or not Jeremy
was guilty or innocent of groping a women simply because the setting was pornographic, and I aptly
and colorfully explained why that is not the case.

You're quick to be offended and you shouldn't be . . .

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 11/17/17 12:06pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Dasein said:

You're quick to be offended and you shouldn't be . . .


Again with the vivid imagination. lol lol





[Edited 11/17/17 12:07pm]

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 11/17/17 12:09pm

Dasein

djThunderfunk said:

Dasein said:

You're quick to be offended and you shouldn't be . . .


Again with the vivid imagination. lol lol





[Edited 11/17/17 12:07pm]


snip - OF4$

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 11/17/17 12:13pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

Dasein said:

Right . . . because your post wasn't tinged with an attitude.

But, if you say so!


"tinged with attitude" falloff lol lol

Go troll somebody who gives a shit. chatterbox

We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 11/17/17 12:21pm

OnlyNDaUsa

avatar

Dasein said:

djThunderfunk said:


Again with the vivid imagination. lol lol





[Edited 11/17/17 12:07pm]


Right . . . because your post wasn't tinged with an attitude.

But, if you say so!

lol lol what the corn does that even mean? I think it is more like you were Triggered by attitude!

"I was raped by the Arkansas AG who then becomes Governor & President..." Juanita Broaddrick
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 11/17/17 12:22pm

maplenpg

djThunderfunk said:

Dasein said:


Implicit in your post here is the claim that groping someone against their will is simply inappropriate
if the context of the act was situated in a pornographic setting.

And, making a determination as to whether or not Jeremy is guilty is quite easy:

Lawyer: After Jeremy removed his penis from your anus, did you have a problem with his penis
being in your anus in the first place?
Plaintiff: No.
Lawyer: Why not?
Plaintiff: Because that was the scene; I consented to anal sex for the movie Lord of the Anal Rings.
Lawyer: So, after the scene was over, what happened?
Plaintiff: He groped my breasts.
Lawyer: Was that a part of the scene?
Plaintiff: No. The scene was over; the director yelled 'cut!' And, I never consented to his groping.
Lawyer: No further questions, your honor.
Jeremy's Lawyer: But, it was a pornographic setting, your honor!

Lawyer: And the boundaries of the law stops in pornography? Guilty!


If you think I have made a case in defense of Jeremy or his behavior, you are mistaken and you are wasting your time arguing against your own imagination.

Have fun with that.


[Edited 11/17/17 11:57am]

Maybe not defending him but you said "In such and atmosphere it would be hard to ascertain if he behaved "appropriately" or not: No?" - For centuries people have raped and assaulted prostitutes knowing that, due to alcohol and drug problems, not to mention mental health issues, they are unlikely to be believed. So, in theory, you are right - it may well be difficult to prove in court, but the reality is that an awful lot of people don't even give a moment to hear these women's stories and to recognise that often these assaults are the cause of the alcohol or drug problems in itself.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 11/17/17 12:30pm

djThunderfunk

avatar

maplenpg said:

Maybe not defending him but you said "In such and atmosphere it would be hard to ascertain if he behaved "appropriately" or not: No?" - For centuries people have raped and assaulted prostitutes knowing that, due to alcohol and drug problems, not to mention mental health issues, they are unlikely to be believed. So, in theory, you are right - it may well be difficult to prove in court, but the reality is that an awful lot of people don't even give a moment to hear these women's stories and to recognise that often these assaults are the cause of the alcohol or drug problems in itself.


I've made it clear that I am in no way defending Jeremy or making light of his alleged victims,

so, everybody can relax. wink


We were HERE, where were you?

4 those that knew the number and didn't call... fk all y'all!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 11/17/17 4:24pm

OldFriends4Sal
e

avatar

moderator

-

What's the matter with your life
Is poverty bringing U down?
Is the mailman jerking U 'round?
Did he put your million dollar check
In someone else's box?
Tell me, what's the matter with your world
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 9 123456789>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Hollywood sexual harassment thread