independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 1st Oct 2014 7:21pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Politics & Religion > Kanye West & Jay-Z “N***as In Paris” Used In French Presidential Campaign (Video)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/23/12 5:07am

smoothcriminal
12

avatar

Kanye West & Jay-Z “N***as In Paris” Used In French Presidential Campaign (Video)

My new album is available HERE: http://itunes.apple.com/a...mpt=uo%3D1
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/23/12 5:27am

deebee

avatar

Hmm.... Clearly, Illuminati bigwig Jay-Z was so flattered by the song choice, he ensured Francois Hollande was gifted a first round victory. nod

wink

"Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/23/12 2:55pm

NiceNBreezy

avatar

One of the worst "songs" I have heard in a very long while. Since when are the following terms used in political discourse: Motherfuckers, bitch, hot bitch, ho's, niggas, and shit? Further, for those who think rap is poetry, "how many words can you rhyme with bitch"? (from Something's Gotta Give", 2003).

The 'workers' in France get everything -- the right not to be fired (just about), months long vacations, a private nurse for something like six weeks upon the birth of your first child, and on and on and on.

The austerity measures are not popular -- got that. But the solution is to bring in a Socialist? People are dreaming if they think he will do anything different from Sarkozy. Paris' biggest problem is all the dog merde. Why don't the pols focus on that.

When you don't have a case, yell RACE!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/23/12 3:54pm

smoothcriminal
12

avatar

NiceNBreezy said:

Further, for those who think rap is poetry, "how many words can you rhyme with bitch"? (from Something's Gotta Give", 2003).

Such generalizations.

My new album is available HERE: http://itunes.apple.com/a...mpt=uo%3D1
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/23/12 6:08pm

buist

avatar

smoothcriminal12 said:



NiceNBreezy said:


Further, for those who think rap is poetry, "how many words can you rhyme with bitch"? (from Something's Gotta Give", 2003).



Such generalizations.


And that also goes to defining poetry as having to rhyme.
Some people can't understand, just being inside a church don't make a righteous man
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/23/12 6:23pm

smoothcriminal
12

avatar

buist said:

smoothcriminal12 said:

Such generalizations.

And that also goes to defining poetry as having to rhyme.

nod

My new album is available HERE: http://itunes.apple.com/a...mpt=uo%3D1
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/23/12 7:54pm

buist

avatar

smoothcriminal12 said:

buist said:

smoothcriminal12 said: And that also goes to defining poetry as having to rhyme.

nod

I get all my ideas from movies that have no clue what they are talking about.

Some people can't understand, just being inside a church don't make a righteous man
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/23/12 8:15pm

NiceNBreezy

avatar

buist said:

smoothcriminal12 said:

nod

I get all my ideas from movies that have no clue what they are talking about.

Oh, I think the author of that film (a phenomenally successful screenwriter and producer) knew exactly what she was talking about. The song is low life, offensively profane, and disgusting, on every level. That it is part of a political campaign is just icing on the cake. If this is what gets the Socialists ginned up and ready to vote, count me out! Thug talk is so pathetic (and so over).

When you don't have a case, yell RACE!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/23/12 8:44pm

buist

avatar

NiceNBreezy said:



buist said:




smoothcriminal12 said:



nod



I get all my ideas from movies that have no clue what they are talking about.




Oh, I think the author of that film (a phenomenally successful screenwriter and producer) knew exactly what she was talking about. The song is low life, offensively profane, and disgusting, on every level. That it is part of a political campaign is just icing on the cake. If this is what gets the Socialists ginned up and ready to vote, count me out! Thug talk is so pathetic (and so over).


I bet she doesn't own one rap album.
Some people can't understand, just being inside a church don't make a righteous man
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/23/12 8:56pm

buist

avatar

NiceNBreezy said:



buist said:




smoothcriminal12 said:



nod



I get all my ideas from movies that have no clue what they are talking about.




Oh, I think the author of that film (a phenomenally successful screenwriter and producer) knew exactly what she was talking about. The song is low life, offensively profane, and disgusting, on every level. That it is part of a political campaign is just icing on the cake. If this is what gets the Socialists ginned up and ready to vote, count me out! Thug talk is so pathetic (and so over).


You're pathetic, you make a generalization using a quote from a movie, then try to make the quote from the movie specifically about this song.
Some people can't understand, just being inside a church don't make a righteous man
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/23/12 9:50pm

NiceNBreezy

avatar

buist said:

NiceNBreezy said:

Oh, I think the author of that film (a phenomenally successful screenwriter and producer) knew exactly what she was talking about. The song is low life, offensively profane, and disgusting, on every level. That it is part of a political campaign is just icing on the cake. If this is what gets the Socialists ginned up and ready to vote, count me out! Thug talk is so pathetic (and so over).

You're pathetic, you make a generalization using a quote from a movie, then try to make the quote from the movie specifically about this song.

What about this generalization is not true? Is is not true that rap is generally known for its profanity, misogyny, and promotion of thuggery? I don't dislike ALL rap, btw. The quote from the movie applies rather well to this awful-on-every-level "song", imo.

When you don't have a case, yell RACE!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/24/12 1:34am

Neophyte

NiceNBreezy said:

One of the worst "songs" I have heard in a very long while. Since when are the following terms used in political discourse: Motherfuckers, bitch, hot bitch, ho's, niggas, and shit? Further, for those who think rap is poetry, "how many words can you rhyme with bitch"? (from Something's Gotta Give", 2003).

The 'workers' in France get everything -- the right not to be fired (just about), months long vacations, a private nurse for something like six weeks upon the birth of your first child, and on and on and on.

The austerity measures are not popular -- got that. But the solution is to bring in a Socialist? People are dreaming if they think he will do anything different from Sarkozy. Paris' biggest problem is all the dog merde. Why don't the pols focus on that.

Quite a few

ditch, glitch, hitch, itch, niche, pitch, rich, snitch, stitch, switch, twitch, which, and witch. How many words do you need?

I don't like the word bitch myself, but back a few years, some chick had a top ten with a song called 'I'm a bitch' and everyone was loving it.

No that gangster type rap is not poetry, but there is plenty of rap out there which is, unfortunately it is not promoted.

"I know that living with u baby, was sometimes hard...but I'm willing 2 give it another try.
Cause nothing compares....nothing compares 2 u!"
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/24/12 4:52am

smoothcriminal
12

avatar

NiceNBreezy said:

buist said:

NiceNBreezy said: You're pathetic, you make a generalization using a quote from a movie, then try to make the quote from the movie specifically about this song.

What about this generalization is not true? Is is not true that rap is generally known for its profanity, misogyny, and promotion of thuggery? I don't dislike ALL rap, btw. The quote from the movie applies rather well to this awful-on-every-level "song", imo.

Guess what just came on my Ipod? evillol

lol

My new album is available HERE: http://itunes.apple.com/a...mpt=uo%3D1
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/24/12 11:18am

namepeace

It was only a matter of time before hip-hop worked its way into political campaigns. Of course, there were better choices. Common's "The People" for example.

Props will be withheld until the showing and proving has commenced. -- Aaron McGruder
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/24/12 1:48pm

buist

avatar

NiceNBreezy said:



buist said:


NiceNBreezy said:



Oh, I think the author of that film (a phenomenally successful screenwriter and producer) knew exactly what she was talking about. The song is low life, offensively profane, and disgusting, on every level. That it is part of a political campaign is just icing on the cake. If this is what gets the Socialists ginned up and ready to vote, count me out! Thug talk is so pathetic (and so over).



You're pathetic, you make a generalization using a quote from a movie, then try to make the quote from the movie specifically about this song.


What about this generalization is not true? Is is not true that rap is generally known for its profanity, misogyny, and promotion of thuggery? I don't dislike ALL rap, btw. The quote from the movie applies rather well to this awful-on-every-level "song", imo.


Prejudice much.
Some people can't understand, just being inside a church don't make a righteous man
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/24/12 1:54pm

buist

avatar

buist said:

NiceNBreezy said:



buist said:


NiceNBreezy said:



Oh, I think the author of that film (a phenomenally successful screenwriter and producer) knew exactly what she was talking about. The song is low life, offensively profane, and disgusting, on every level. That it is part of a political campaign is just icing on the cake. If this is what gets the Socialists ginned up and ready to vote, count me out! Thug talk is so pathetic (and so over).



You're pathetic, you make a generalization using a quote from a movie, then try to make the quote from the movie specifically about this song.


What about this generalization is not true? Is is not true that rap is generally known for its profanity, misogyny, and promotion of thuggery? I don't dislike ALL rap, btw. The quote from the movie applies rather well to this awful-on-every-level "song", imo.


Prejudice much.

And all country is .....
And all r&b is .....
And all jazz is .....
And all reggae is pot smoking and .....
And all metal is .....
You could go on and on with generalizations.
Some people can't understand, just being inside a church don't make a righteous man
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/25/12 7:29am

vainandy

avatar

Isn't the point of a campaign song to make a statement or spread a message about the candidate? Is he rapping in french or something because the only words I could make out of the whole damn song was "motherfuckers tryin' to find me". What in the fuck does that mean?

Andy is a four letter word.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/25/12 11:45am

smoothcriminal
12

avatar

vainandy said:

Isn't the point of a campaign song to make a statement or spread a message about the candidate? Is he rapping in french or something because the only words I could make out of the whole damn song was "motherfuckers tryin' to find me". What in the fuck does that mean?

People are trying to fine him (as in sue him), but first "niggas" gotta find him. That's just that one line though. lol

My new album is available HERE: http://itunes.apple.com/a...mpt=uo%3D1
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/25/12 11:56am

vainandy

avatar

smoothcriminal12 said:

vainandy said:

Isn't the point of a campaign song to make a statement or spread a message about the candidate? Is he rapping in french or something because the only words I could make out of the whole damn song was "motherfuckers tryin' to find me". What in the fuck does that mean?

People are trying to fine him (as in sue him), but first "niggas" gotta find him. That's just that one line though. lol

Oh, well that's just a wonderful campaign song. I hope the Republican U.S. presidential candidate uses this for his campaign song also. Obama will win by a landslide. lol

Andy is a four letter word.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/25/12 2:52pm

smoothcriminal
12

avatar

vainandy said:

smoothcriminal12 said:

People are trying to fine him (as in sue him), but first "niggas" gotta find him. That's just that one line though. lol

Oh, well that's just a wonderful campaign song. I hope the Republican U.S. presidential candidate uses this for his campaign song also. Obama will win by a landslide. lol

I can already hear the remix: Niggas In Washington. lol

My new album is available HERE: http://itunes.apple.com/a...mpt=uo%3D1
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/25/12 3:24pm

vainandy

avatar

smoothcriminal12 said:

vainandy said:

Oh, well that's just a wonderful campaign song. I hope the Republican U.S. presidential candidate uses this for his campaign song also. Obama will win by a landslide. lol

I can already hear the remix: Niggas In Washington. lol

Oh, I'm sure a song by that title probably already exists on some Tea Party website. lol

Andy is a four letter word.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/25/12 3:25pm

smoothcriminal
12

avatar

vainandy said:

smoothcriminal12 said:

I can already hear the remix: Niggas In Washington. lol

Oh, I'm sure a song by that title probably already exists on some Tea Party website. lol

lol

My new album is available HERE: http://itunes.apple.com/a...mpt=uo%3D1
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/26/12 7:51am

deebee

avatar

vainandy said:

Isn't the point of a campaign song to make a statement or spread a message about the candidate? Is he rapping in french or something because the only words I could make out of the whole damn song was "motherfuckers tryin' to find me". What in the fuck does that mean?

Oh, but it does, it does! It shows how he's 'down with' the marginalised, multiracial youth of Paris's impoverished banlieues, and they're all excited to even just to catch a glimpse of him on a train. Oh, and it shows that he likes Kanye. Clearly, these are the central concerns that your average underprivileged urban voter's political preferences rest on, rather than jobs, education, policing, the rising tide of anti-immigrant racism, and such like. nod

Luckily for him, he probably doesn't have to wow that crowd to win their support. Hell, their alternatives are Nicolas Sarkozy, who previously referred to them as "scum" and said he wanted to clean out the neighbourhoods they live in with a Kärcher cleaner (a sort of high-pressure power hose of the kind that you use to get the encrusted shit off of buildings, monuments, etc), or the far-right candidate Marine Le Pen, currently surfing the wave of extreme nationalist and racist sentiment in the country. He needn't have gone to the trouble of making a 'hip' campaign ad; he could just as well have done something more like that scene in the movie Bullworth where the unhinged senator bluntly asks the Black congregation of the South Central church he's adressing: "What are you gonna do? Vote Republican?!"


(All of that said, though, I do still hope he wins!) lol

"Not everything that is faced can be changed; but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/01/12 9:22pm

NiceNBreezy

avatar

deebee said:

vainandy said:

Isn't the point of a campaign song to make a statement or spread a message about the candidate? Is he rapping in french or something because the only words I could make out of the whole damn song was "motherfuckers tryin' to find me". What in the fuck does that mean?

Oh, but it does, it does! It shows how he's 'down with' the marginalised, multiracial youth of Paris's impoverished banlieues, and they're all excited to even just to catch a glimpse of him on a train. Oh, and it shows that he likes Kanye. Clearly, these are the central concerns that your average underprivileged urban voter's political preferences rest on, rather than jobs, education, policing, the rising tide of anti-immigrant racism, and such like. nod

Luckily for him, he probably doesn't have to wow that crowd to win their support. Hell, their alternatives are Nicolas Sarkozy, who previously referred to them as "scum" and said he wanted to clean out the neighbourhoods they live in with a Kärcher cleaner (a sort of high-pressure power hose of the kind that you use to get the encrusted shit off of buildings, monuments, etc), or the far-right candidate Marine Le Pen, currently surfing the wave of extreme nationalist and racist sentiment in the country. He needn't have gone to the trouble of making a 'hip' campaign ad; he could just as well have done something more like that scene in the movie Bullworth where the unhinged senator bluntly asks the Black congregation of the South Central church he's adressing: "What are you gonna do? Vote Republican?!"


(All of that said, though, I do still hope he wins!) lol

But so what if he wins? From everything I have read, no elected official (Europe) has access to money, or will have for years to come. The poor fools will be voting for a dream. Promises=ephemera. Their 'leaders' are all scrambling to find revenue to pay for the basics. What exactly do they think is going to change?

Missed the Sarkozy 'scum' bit. Will be interesting to see if he's hoisted by his own petard on May, what is it, the 6th?

When you don't have a case, yell RACE!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/06/12 12:45pm

JonnyApplesauc
e

wink
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Politics & Religion > Kanye West & Jay-Z “N***as In Paris” Used In French Presidential Campaign (Video)