independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Tue 7th Apr 2020 9:57am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > The Marketplace: For Sale/Trade > anyone else sad about the auction??
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 08/20/17 12:34pm

purplerabbitho
le

anyone else sad about the auction??

the recent auction that Dr. Funkenberry posted a link had a few 'love letter' like notes (including his proposal) to S. Melvoin and some Eric Leeds stuff. That rubbed me the wrong way. Shoes, clothes, concert tickets--I get it. the other stuff kind of stung.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 08/20/17 2:21pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

There's a thread about this auction, FYI.

PS Not sad, it's life post-mortem.

This experience will cover courtship, sex, commitment, fetishes, loneliness, vindication, love, and hate.
http://bit.ly/1D3FG2U
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 08/20/17 2:29pm

IRISHFAN

purplerabbithole said:

the recent auction that Dr. Funkenberry posted a link had a few 'love letter' like notes (including his proposal) to S. Melvoin and some Eric Leeds stuff. That rubbed me the wrong way. Shoes, clothes, concert tickets--I get it. the other stuff kind of stung.





I think it's brutal! I mean selling the marriage proposal, who does that? Stinks of bitterness and she's desperate for a few dollars .
[Edited 8/20/17 14:29pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 08/20/17 2:38pm

endiadj

Prince obviously picked the wrong women to propose/marry. Not thoughtful or classy at all! sad
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 08/20/17 2:40pm

Vashtix

I feel sad about the more personal items.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 08/20/17 2:45pm

DD55

Why feel bad/sad about it? If the current owner doesn’t personally treasure the item, then convey (via sale, gift, whatever) the item to someone who will treasure it. Don’t think of the seller getting rid of the item and be sad. Be happy for the person purchasing the item who truly wants it and will treasure it. IMHO

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 08/20/17 2:47pm

rdhull

avatar

Why are there two threads about this?

[Edited 8/20/17 14:47pm]

"Climb in my fur."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 08/22/17 12:04pm

laurarichardso
n

DD55 said:

Why feel bad/sad about it? If the current owner doesn’t personally treasure the item, then convey (via sale, gift, whatever) the item to someone who will treasure it. Don’t think of the seller getting rid of the item and be sad. Be happy for the person purchasing the item who truly wants it and will treasure it. IMHO

I am happy that someone can get his legwarmers. Talk about holding on to junk. Oh and let's sell the cross he was wearing. Tacky

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/01/17 11:00am

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

rdhull said:

Why are there two threads about this?

[Edited 8/20/17 14:47pm]


Maybe cause no one reported the thread?? rolleyes

lock this dupe up!

Discussion here: http://prince.org/msg/9/446217

Edmonton, AB - canada
Mod Goddess of the SNIP & BAN Making Moves - OF4S
Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > The Marketplace: For Sale/Trade > anyone else sad about the auction??