independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > ABBA - ''Voyage'' (2021)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/05/21 1:42pm

Vannormal

ABBA - ''Voyage'' (2021)

-

ABBA - ''Voyage'' (2021)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYFcWggbLvm7RId9wrXVQmxB0_uBA_4wSfK-nVJ2Rfra48BqT-WIY-3T13IFx4U_41jlc&usqp=CAU

01. I Still Have Faith In You 5:09

02. When You Danced With Me 2:50

03. Little Things 3:08

04. Don't Shut me Down 3:56

05. Just A Notion 3:30

06. I Can Be That Woman 4:02

07. Keep An Eye On Dan 4:05

08. Bumblebee 3:58

09. No Doubt About It 2:57

10. Ode to Freedom 3:32

-

Gave it a spin today, damn good album.

What y'all think?

And who's willing to pay for that avatarish concert next year in London ?

-

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves.
And wiser people so full of doubts"
(Bertrand Russsell 1872-1972)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/06/21 12:21pm

lastdecember

avatar

Love the record I have been listening to it quite a bit and I love the interviews I have heard with Benny and Bjorn (who I think are one the best songwriting teams ever) and I love how they have taken this "comeback" as a new record and album and that is it, people are making it like it has to set the world on fire with sales and craze, but as they said "We have nothing to prove" and a few reviews have said it was to pedestrian of a record, but I disagree, they stayed true to who they are, last thing I need would be an ABBA of now trying to be like NOW, that would sound and be so bad, they stood their ground had no help no outside production last thing I need is a TODAY PRODUCER slapping his sound on ABBA.

Vannormal said:

-

ABBA - ''Voyage'' (2021)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYFcWggbLvm7RId9wrXVQmxB0_uBA_4wSfK-nVJ2Rfra48BqT-WIY-3T13IFx4U_41jlc&usqp=CAU

01. I Still Have Faith In You 5:09

02. When You Danced With Me 2:50

03. Little Things 3:08

04. Don't Shut me Down 3:56

05. Just A Notion 3:30

06. I Can Be That Woman 4:02

07. Keep An Eye On Dan 4:05

08. Bumblebee 3:58

09. No Doubt About It 2:57

10. Ode to Freedom 3:32

-

Gave it a spin today, damn good album.

What y'all think?

And who's willing to pay for that avatarish concert next year in London ?

-


"We went where our music was appreciated, and that was everywhere but the USA, we knew we had fans, but there is only so much of the world you can play at once" Magne F
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/09/21 7:36am

paisleypark4

avatar

Cant wait to hear the album.

At a time on this website there were pages and pages of ABBA talk

Straight Jacket Funk Affair
Album plays and love for vinyl records.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/09/21 8:44am

Vannormal

-

Well it's out there since a couple of days and it's good !

I mean, expectational good !

-

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves.
And wiser people so full of doubts"
(Bertrand Russsell 1872-1972)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/09/21 10:12am

CynicKill

lastdecember said:

Love the record I have been listening to it quite a bit and I love the interviews I have heard with Benny and Bjorn (who I think are one the best songwriting teams ever) and I love how they have taken this "comeback" as a new record and album and that is it, people are making it like it has to set the world on fire with sales and craze, but as they said "We have nothing to prove" and a few reviews have said it was to pedestrian of a record, but I disagree, they stayed true to who they are, last thing I need would be an ABBA of now trying to be like NOW, that would sound and be so bad, they stood their ground had no help no outside production last thing I need is a TODAY PRODUCER slapping his sound on ABBA.

Vannormal said:

-

ABBA - ''Voyage'' (2021)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYFcWggbLvm7RId9wrXVQmxB0_uBA_4wSfK-nVJ2Rfra48BqT-WIY-3T13IFx4U_41jlc&usqp=CAU

01. I Still Have Faith In You 5:09

02. When You Danced With Me 2:50

03. Little Things 3:08

04. Don't Shut me Down 3:56

05. Just A Notion 3:30

06. I Can Be That Woman 4:02

07. Keep An Eye On Dan 4:05

08. Bumblebee 3:58

09. No Doubt About It 2:57

10. Ode to Freedom 3:32

-

Gave it a spin today, damn good album.

What y'all think?

And who's willing to pay for that avatarish concert next year in London ?

-

I was watching their interview on CBS Sunday Morning and more than once the interviewer brought up how lucrative this or that was or is. They had to reiterate that its more of an artistic achievement.

It's like dude I own an island for chrissakes! I made my money a long time ago!

No wonder the girls aren't doing press anymore.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/09/21 5:21pm

lastdecember

avatar

CynicKill said:

lastdecember said:

Love the record I have been listening to it quite a bit and I love the interviews I have heard with Benny and Bjorn (who I think are one the best songwriting teams ever) and I love how they have taken this "comeback" as a new record and album and that is it, people are making it like it has to set the world on fire with sales and craze, but as they said "We have nothing to prove" and a few reviews have said it was to pedestrian of a record, but I disagree, they stayed true to who they are, last thing I need would be an ABBA of now trying to be like NOW, that would sound and be so bad, they stood their ground had no help no outside production last thing I need is a TODAY PRODUCER slapping his sound on ABBA.

I was watching their interview on CBS Sunday Morning and more than once the interviewer brought up how lucrative this or that was or is. They had to reiterate that its more of an artistic achievement.

It's like dude I own an island for chrissakes! I made my money a long time ago!

No wonder the girls aren't doing press anymore.


yeah I feel the girls were really the ones that obviously are the voices, though the guys craft this gems the vocals and harmonies are a huge thing. And I also think they are very set in life , it took a lot to get them back together I mean money is not what it took, people are always bringing up how much they were offered way back to play a show, something like a billion dollars, but people don't get it, especially people in America, I always here the lame comment of "oh they tour because they need money" and they say this about bands that have more money than anything, I heard someone say this about Queen recently, "oh they got Adam Lambert and toured as a cash grab" are you kidding me? Queen has had enough money since they got away from their first manager about forty years ago.


"We went where our music was appreciated, and that was everywhere but the USA, we knew we had fans, but there is only so much of the world you can play at once" Magne F
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/10/21 2:08am

Vannormal

CynicKill said:

lastdecember said:

Love the record I have been listening to it quite a bit and I love the interviews I have heard with Benny and Bjorn (who I think are one the best songwriting teams ever) and I love how they have taken this "comeback" as a new record and album and that is it, people are making it like it has to set the world on fire with sales and craze, but as they said "We have nothing to prove" and a few reviews have said it was to pedestrian of a record, but I disagree, they stayed true to who they are, last thing I need would be an ABBA of now trying to be like NOW, that would sound and be so bad, they stood their ground had no help no outside production last thing I need is a TODAY PRODUCER slapping his sound on ABBA.

I was watching their interview on CBS Sunday Morning and more than once the interviewer brought up how lucrative this or that was or is. They had to reiterate that its more of an artistic achievement.

It's like dude I own an island for chrissakes! I made my money a long time ago!

No wonder the girls aren't doing press anymore.

-

I believe the reason why the girls don't do iterviews anymore is that Anna-Frid (Frida) is a Princess, maried to a German Prince Heirich Russo Reuss Plauen.

Royalties don't do interviews i belive. wink

She also did an album in 1996, wanting to do a duet with her former co singer Agnetha, but she refused out of fear for an ABBA reunion (back then). The female singer of Roxette did the duet, and it was a hit in Sweden.

-

[Edited 11/10/21 3:31am]

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves.
And wiser people so full of doubts"
(Bertrand Russsell 1872-1972)
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/13/21 9:14am

coldcoffeeandc
ocacola

avatar

This hologram tour is MAD
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > ABBA - ''Voyage'' (2021)