independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Kanye West: Prince "Gave" Him The Song "Jail"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/05/21 1:04am

TrcikyChristop
her

Kanye West: Prince "Gave" Him The Song "Jail"

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/05/21 7:34am

paisleypark4

avatar

TrcikyChristopher said:

hmmm

Not even sure what he meant by that, beacuase Prince not in the credits. Now if he meant inspired okay....they even asked him to clarify and he just said yes Prince gave it to him.

Okay boo...

Straight Jacket Funk Affair
Album plays and love for vinyl records.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/06/21 3:12pm

Hamad

avatar

He’s lying, the end.
Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future...

Twitter: https://twitter.com/QLH82
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/06/21 3:38pm

onlyforaminute

avatar

lol
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/06/21 7:58pm

Graycap23

avatar

WTF is paying attention 2 this mofo?

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/07/21 12:48pm

alphastreet

Did he mean princes spirit?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/07/21 5:28pm

AvocadosMax

Name one genius that ain't crazy lol

(I mean Ye isn't a genius like Prince musician-wise obviously, come on... but he's a genius artist overall. can't deny that)

I think he meant that he was inspired. But Ye likes to leave things out there and vague.

This interview was wild. Entertaining to watch, whether you love him or hate him

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 11/07/21 9:30pm

nextedition

avatar

AvocadosMax said:

Name one genius that ain't crazy lol


(I mean Ye isn't a genius like Prince musician-wise obviously, come on... but he's a genius artist overall. can't deny that)



I think he meant that he was inspired. But Ye likes to leave things out there and vague.



This interview was wild. Entertaining to watch, whether you love him or hate him


The word genius has lost a lot of meaning these days...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 11/09/21 8:36pm

AvocadosMax

nextedition said:

AvocadosMax said:

Name one genius that ain't crazy lol

(I mean Ye isn't a genius like Prince musician-wise obviously, come on... but he's a genius artist overall. can't deny that)

I think he meant that he was inspired. But Ye likes to leave things out there and vague.

This interview was wild. Entertaining to watch, whether you love him or hate him

The word genius has lost a lot of meaning these days...

anyone could sample some beats..... but only geniuses can make Most Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Yeezus, The Life of Pablo and 808s

just because you don't understand the music and just because it doesn't resonate with you doesn't mean it ain't music made by a genius.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 11/09/21 9:22pm

Graycap23

avatar

AvocadosMax said:

nextedition said:

AvocadosMax said: The word genius has lost a lot of meaning these days...

anyone could sample some beats..... but only geniuses can make Most Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Yeezus, The Life of Pablo and 808s

just because you don't understand the music and just because it doesn't resonate with you doesn't mean it ain't music made by a genius.

lol...there is NOTHING genius about Kanye West.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 11/10/21 11:47am

AvocadosMax

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 11/12/21 1:28pm

nextedition

avatar

AvocadosMax said:

nextedition said:

AvocadosMax said: The word genius has lost a lot of meaning these days...

anyone could sample some beats..... but only geniuses can make Most Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Yeezus, The Life of Pablo and 808s

just because you don't understand the music and just because it doesn't resonate with you doesn't mean it ain't music made by a genius.

I understand the music, they are nice songs, it's just not genius

"I know I act a fool, but
I promise you I'm goin' back to school
I appreciate what you allowed for me
I just want you to be proud of me (Hey Mama)"

this is very basic rhyhm

genius: exceptional intellectual or creative power

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 11/12/21 9:30pm

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

nextedition said:

AvocadosMax said:

anyone could sample some beats..... but only geniuses can make Most Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Yeezus, The Life of Pablo and 808s

just because you don't understand the music and just because it doesn't resonate with you doesn't mean it ain't music made by a genius.

I understand the music, they are nice songs, it's just not genius

"I know I act a fool, but
I promise you I'm goin' back to school
I appreciate what you allowed for me
I just want you to be proud of me (Hey Mama)"

this is very basic rhyhm

genius: exceptional intellectual or creative power

AvocadosMax seems to be focusing more on the beats vs. rhymes like typical Kanye stans, but uhhh, literally every album except his first record has a literal tome of producers and co-producers and co-writer credits on every friggin' track. On the very, very rare occasion a track comes out with a sole Kanye credit like "Bound" it (shockingly) has the same exact production style as his first record (mainstream cookie-cutter soul hit loops with pitch shift).

Either way, k, the stans think this is praiseworthy despite the 40 co-writers co-producers.... How 'bout you spread around a lil of that over-the-top showering enthusiastic praise to one of the other 40 co-writers or co-producers? Mike Deen, not a similar level of talent?? Dude literally produces most of Kanye's records right there in the credits....

[Edited 11/12/21 21:39pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 11/12/21 9:33pm

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

.

[Edited 11/12/21 21:36pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/12/21 9:36pm

WhisperingDand
elions

avatar

Just pull up the Wikipedia for literally any of those records.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeezus :

No.TitleWriter(s)Producer(s)Length
1. "On Sight" 2:36
2. "Black Skinhead"
  • West
  • de Homem-Christo
  • Bangalter
  • Jones
  • Young
  • Rutberg
  • Wasalu Jaco
  • Sakiya Sandifer
  • Dean
  • Watkins
3:08
3. "I Am a God"
3:51
4. "New Slaves"
4:16
5. "Hold My Liquor"
5:26
6. "I'm in It"
3:54
7. "Blood on the Leaves"
6:00
8. "Guilt Trip"
  • West
  • Dean
  • S1
  • Travis Scott[b]
  • Ackee Juice Rockers[b]
4:03
9. "Send It Up"
  • West
  • Daft Punk
  • Gesaffelstein[a]
  • Brodinski[a]
  • Arca[b]
  • Dean[b]
2:58
10. "Bound 2"

lololol I was wrong about "Bound 2", that one somehow took another 5 producers + Kanye to assemble.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/13/21 2:28am

AvocadosMax

nextedition said:

AvocadosMax said:

anyone could sample some beats..... but only geniuses can make Most Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Yeezus, The Life of Pablo and 808s

just because you don't understand the music and just because it doesn't resonate with you doesn't mean it ain't music made by a genius.

I understand the music, they are nice songs, it's just not genius

"I know I act a fool, but
I promise you I'm goin' back to school
I appreciate what you allowed for me
I just want you to be proud of me (Hey Mama)"

this is very basic rhyhm

genius: exceptional intellectual or creative power

if Prince made that song, you'd say that was genius lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/13/21 2:32am

AvocadosMax

WhisperingDandelions said:

Just pull up the Wikipedia for literally any of those records.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yeezus :

No.TitleWriter(s)Producer(s)Length
1. "On Sight" 2:36
2. "Black Skinhead"
  • West
  • de Homem-Christo
  • Bangalter
  • Jones
  • Young
  • Rutberg
  • Wasalu Jaco
  • Sakiya Sandifer
  • Dean
  • Watkins
3:08
3. "I Am a God"
3:51
4. "New Slaves"
4:16
5. "Hold My Liquor"
5:26
6. "I'm in It"
3:54
7. "Blood on the Leaves"
6:00
8. "Guilt Trip"
  • West
  • Dean
  • S1
  • Travis Scott[b]
  • Ackee Juice Rockers[b]
4:03
9. "Send It Up"
  • West
  • Daft Punk
  • Gesaffelstein[a]
  • Brodinski[a]
  • Arca[b]
  • Dean[b]
2:58
10. "Bound 2"

lololol I was wrong about "Bound 2", that one somehow took another 5 producers + Kanye to assemble.

no one said he's Prince. And correct, much of his fanbase, including me, always give Mike Dean a lot of credit and respect as his additional production (99% his synth uses or guitar) and mixing come in and has shaped much of Ye's career

Ye is still a genius when it comes to bringing everything together for HIS vision. That's one thing, I believe, that Ye is better at than Prince. Ye is an artist, he excelled in art school. He's a billionare clothing designer, etc. and you see that in his album covers, his music videos, his fashion. He's also good at bringing feeling from a vision into sound.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/13/21 2:34am

AvocadosMax

also a lot of those credits, it could be anything like adding just some hi hats to (rarely ) making the whole beat as to why Ye would include them in the credits. and he always has a team of writer he writes with on different projects. He is ultimately in charge of the final product and how it sounds sonically. in that sense, he is much like MJ except MJ wasn't known for genius use of samples.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/13/21 2:42am

AvocadosMax

AvocadosMax said:

also a lot of those credits, it could be anything like adding just some hi hats to (rarely ) making the whole beat as to why Ye would include them in the credits. and he always has a team of writer he writes with on different projects. He is ultimately in charge of the final product and how it sounds sonically. in that sense, he is much like MJ except MJ wasn't known for genius use of samples.

and many times, Ye will include the artist of the sample into writing credit. For example with Ghost Town, Shirley Ann Lee is included as the sample they that she approved to get cleared for them to use is so prominent in the masterpiece of a song:

Shirley Ann Lee

"Someday"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LMw4wYjo0o

Ghost Town

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAsHVwl-MU4

And something that makes the ye fan community so fun online is the amount of great quality edits/remixes of Ye's music is out there. known on Reddit as YEdits...

https://www.youtube.com/w...QAsaY0pKhI

the Prince fan community is the best fan community when it comes to the legend of bootlegs/leaks, but ye rivals just because so many of his fans are able to make different variations of different tracks. The Yandhi era was crazy.

This has been further emphasized with the recent stem player that came out

https://www.youtube.com/w...peSqDx_1KE

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/13/21 3:18pm

Cinny

avatar

If Prince listed every member of Tower Of Power for looping "Squib Cakes" drums, it would look like that Wiki entry.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Kanye West: Prince "Gave" Him The Song "Jail"