independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Diane Warren appreciation thread
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 10/23/20 6:23pm

alphastreet

Diane Warren appreciation thread

Let’s show love for the beautiful ballads she wrote
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 10/23/20 6:33pm

MickyDolenz

avatar

One of my favorite songs is not a ballad. It Isn't It Wasn't It Ain't Ever Gonna Be by Aretha Franklin & Whitney Houston, the remixes in particular.

You can take a black guy to Nashville from right out of the cotton fields with bib overalls, and they will call him R&B. You can take a white guy in a pin-stripe suit who’s never seen a cotton field, and they will call him country. ~ O. B. McClinton
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 10/23/20 7:16pm

alphastreet

True, my favourite of hers is Debarge-Rhythm of the night
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 10/24/20 5:36am

RJOrion

Brandy - Have You Ever? | Releases | Discogs

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 10/24/20 5:38am

RJOrion

Believe In Magic | Believe in magic, Maurice white, Birthday for him

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 10/24/20 5:41am

RJOrion

Fantasia - I Feel Beautiful [HD] Lyrics - YouTube

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 10/24/20 1:42pm

alphastreet

I was just listening to Beyoncé’s I was here and remembered that Diane warren called it one of her favourite songs she wrote. Anyone agree? Disagree?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 10/26/20 12:11pm

Matthaus

My favorite love

https://www.youtube.com/w...gD9FyE60hs

71ENqfWCtzL._SL1000_.jpg

[Edited 10/26/20 12:12pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 10/26/20 2:39pm

alphastreet

Didn’t know she wrote that, but great song!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 10/27/20 6:56am

Tontoman22

How Do I Live - Leann Rimes

Love Will Lead You Back - Taylor Dayne

U-Break My Heart - Toni Braxton

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 10/30/20 1:44pm

paisleypark4

avatar

When Your Eyes Say It - Britney

Blame It On The Rain - Milli Vanilli
Download all the shit hop that you can for your kids, neices, nephews, and their friends also. That will prevent them from going out and buying it and will prevent some shit hop sales. Every little bit helps - Andy
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemus
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 10/30/20 2:10pm

alphastreet

Wow didn’t know she wrote blame it on the rain...glad I made this topic!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 10/30/20 6:16pm

Matthaus

Since it's friday, her first hit single is worth mentioning too:

https://www.youtube.com/w...AQSZhazYk8

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 10/30/20 6:49pm

alphastreet

Matthaus said:

Since it's friday, her first hit single is worth mentioning too:


https://www.youtube.com/w...AQSZhazYk8




Also my favourite. I just discovered Rihanna’s music of the sun song was written by her too, no wonder the melody was similar to rhythm of the night


Can’t fight the moonlight-leann rimes is also a favourite
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 11/03/20 4:38pm

Tontoman22

alphastreet said:

Wow didn’t know she wrote blame it on the rain...glad I made this topic!

I love that song.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 11/03/20 4:47pm

alphastreet

Tontoman22 said:



alphastreet said:


Wow didn’t know she wrote blame it on the rain...glad I made this topic!

I love that song.





Milli vanilli overall has good music lol
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 11/03/20 4:52pm

Tontoman22

I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Areosmith

If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher

If You Ask Me To - Patti Labelle/ Celine Dion

Because You Love Me - Celine Dion

Look Away - Chicago

Nothing Gonna Stop Us Now - Starship

Don't Turn Around - Ace of Base

I'll Never Get Over You Getting Over Me - Expose

I Get Weak - Belinda Carlise

When I See You Smile - Bad English

For You I Will - Moncia

I Learned From the Best - Whitney Houston

I'll Be Your Shelter - Taylor Dayne

There You'll Be - Faith Hill

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 11/03/20 5:32pm

alphastreet

Tontoman22 said:

I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Areosmith



If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher



If You Ask Me To - Patti Labelle/ Celine Dion



Because You Love Me - Celine Dion



Look Away - Chicago



Nothing Gonna Stop Us Now - Starship



Don't Turn Around - Ace of Base



I'll Never Get Over You Getting Over Me - Expose



I Get Weak - Belinda Carlise



When I See You Smile - Bad English



For You I Will - Moncia



I Learned From the Best - Whitney Houston



I'll Be Your Shelter - Taylor Dayne



There You'll Be - Faith Hill





Really love some of those and was hooked on nothings gonna stop us now
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 11/04/20 8:46am

datdude

i only thought of her as the pop power ballad queen. some curveballs on this list i knew not of. she's talented for sure. props due!

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 11/04/20 11:55am

alphastreet

datdude said:

i only thought of her as the pop power ballad queen. some curveballs on this list i knew not of. she's talented for sure. props due!



Yes she’s definitely multi talented
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 11/05/20 5:13pm

Superstition

avatar

Private Affair from The Jackson’s 2300 Jackson Street album was her work. Has an Anita Baker vibe or something... that smooth 80’s sound, a song you’d hear while grocery shopping. I love those songs that give you a sense of nostalgia.

https://youtu.be/6FKLSpFNu6Y
[Edited 11/5/20 17:13pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 11/05/20 5:25pm

alphastreet

Superstition said:

Private Affair from The Jackson’s 2300 Jackson Street album was her work. Has an Anita Baker vibe or something... that smooth 80’s sound, a song you’d hear while grocery shopping. I love those songs that give you a sense of nostalgia.

https://youtu.be/6FKLSpFNu6Y
[Edited 11/5/20 17:13pm]


Wow I had no idea though I had the album at one point. Will have to check it out if it’s online

I’m surprised she never wrote a song for Madonna
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 11/05/20 5:51pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

I read years ago that she always recorded songs on cassette tapes and has stacks of them in a certain room. That seems to be pretty much her life...

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 11/05/20 5:55pm

alphastreet

purplethunder3121 said:

I read years ago that she always recorded songs on cassette tapes and has stacks of them in a certain room. That seems to be pretty much her life...



That sounds awesome, sometimes I wish I became a songwriter lol
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 11/14/20 6:07pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

My fave Diane Warren song is Solitaire (1983) by Laura Branigan https://www.youtube.com/w...QQ1oYTjGyQ

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Diane Warren appreciation thread