independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Fri 6th Dec 2019 8:05pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > John Singleton Admits He Lied about the Janet Jackson HIV Test Rumor
« Previous topic  Next topic »
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 09/05/18 5:24pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

John Singleton Admits He Lied about the Janet Jackson HIV Test Rumor

Seriously, what a vile thing to do to both Janet & Tupac as a "publicity thing" sigh even with all this talk about Janet on The Bobby Brown Story, there are people still bringing this up as facts and trashing her with it!

John Singleton talks Tupac biopic All Eyez On Me, directing Poetic Justice and more with N.O.R.E. and DJ EFN. 6 July 2017 and yet the media didn't report on it censored

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 09/05/18 7:00pm

Scorp

It never added up
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 09/05/18 8:56pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

Damn, Janet just had no luck with men, as beautiful and talented as she is razz Thank God she still has Jam & Lewis.

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 09/05/18 10:12pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

purplethunder3121 said:

Damn, Janet just had no luck with men, as beautiful and talented as she is razz Thank God she still has Jam & Lewis.

Yuuup, all her life she had to deal with that toxic masculinity in the industry, epecially with her last name being Jackson (and since SB 2004).

[Edited 9/5/18 22:14pm]

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 09/06/18 4:38am

Scorp

Goddess4Real said:

purplethunder3121 said:

Damn, Janet just had no luck with men, as beautiful and talented as she is razz Thank God she still has Jam & Lewis.

Yuuup, all her life she had to deal with that toxic masculinity in the industry, epecially with her last name being Jackson (and since SB 2004).

[Edited 9/5/18 22:14pm]

this is true

sad how we do each other...

all this has led to 2018, where entertainment continues to reach knew lows

[Edited 9/6/18 4:39am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 09/06/18 6:03am

Musicslave

Wow eek That's really jacked up John Singleton. That was a nasty rumor to put out there. For both of them to be crushin on Janet back then, that sure was an ugly way of showing it.

-

And for the record, Janet was one of THE most desirable women in the world back then. Everybody wanted her.

-

That first video was dope. "New Agenda" was one of faves from the "janet." album. Her voice is nice and clear, and who can hate the message that it brings. Brilliant use of Stevie's "Superwoman - Where Were You When I Needed You."

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 09/06/18 6:49am

BlackCat1985

avatar

This is so messed up! Janet still gets hate from this to this very day. I hate this for her. Janet don't fu*k with nobody.
BlackCat1985
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 09/06/18 6:59am

Musicslave

BlackCat1985 said:

This is so messed up! Janet still gets hate from this to this very day. I hate this for her. Janet don't fu*k with nobody.

-

I remember Pac fans being so offended about this rumor back in the day. Little did they know he actually started it along with John.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 09/06/18 12:14pm

onlyforaminute

Folks be messy as hell.

Year of Return 2019
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 09/06/18 12:29pm

RJOrion

people lie everyday, she'll be a'ight...

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 09/06/18 1:04pm

BlackPrideFore
ver

I'm surprised Janet herself never tried to distil the rumor.

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 09/06/18 2:05pm

RJOrion

BlackPrideForever said:

I'm surprised Janet herself never tried to distil the rumor.

to be honest its not even a bad rumor...she would have been very wise to have co-stars submit to STD testing before kissing/intimacy...shit, the porn industry REQUIRES it....thats what made the rumor so believable...and besides, QTip was telling the same story..in vivid detail...i almost think John Singleton is lying about lying

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 09/06/18 11:31pm

Goddess4Real

avatar

3h3 hours ago

Drives me crazy knowing the amount of abusive, manipulative and misogynistic men Janet has had to deal with her entire life. For her to still be here, standing as strong as ever makes me weep😭

Keep Calm & Listen To Prince
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 09/07/18 4:58am

nextedition

avatar

RJOrion said:



BlackPrideForever said:


I'm surprised Janet herself never tried to distil the rumor.





to be honest its not even a bad rumor...she would have been very wise to have co-stars submit to STD testing before kissing/intimacy...shit, the porn industry REQUIRES it....thats what made the rumor so believable...and besides, QTip was telling the same story..in vivid detail...i almost think John Singleton is lying about lying



What do mean, getting costars tested? She didnt have sex with them.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > John Singleton Admits He Lied about the Janet Jackson HIV Test Rumor