independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 11th Dec 2019 12:02am
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > FOLEY "CUM ROUND" New Video & Single....
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 11/06/17 1:07am

SMARTALECMUSIC

FOLEY "CUM ROUND" New Video & Single....

"CUM ROUND"
The Official Video...
https://www.youtube.com/w...ULVR8jmKio
Video conceived & edited by FOLEY

**Also, By All Means if you'd like to Share
Please share the "YouTube" Link above**

***** Spoiler Alert *****
This Video simply examines "Sexuality & Rape Culture"
from the last "100yrs" in the US alone

Enjoy ?

[Edited 12/16/17 3:34am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 11/06/17 11:34am

Graycap23

avatar

Love it.
I need more Foley....in my musical life.
FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 11/07/17 5:43am

SMARTALECMUSIC

Graycap23 said:

Love it. I need more Foley....in my musical life.

Thank you Fam !

I realize how difficult it is to release "MUSIC" or any type of Art these days...

NO ONE CARES...

But, I had to let go of this for ME

Lol, I hope I didn't take people too far out...

People want "different" & I brought it

That's WHO I Am as an Artist

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 11/07/17 6:25pm

Graycap23

avatar

SMARTALECMUSIC said:

Graycap23 said:

Love it. I need more Foley....in my musical life.

Thank you Fam !

I realize how difficult it is to release "MUSIC" or any type of Art these days...

NO ONE CARES...

But, I had to let go of this for ME

Lol, I hope I didn't take people too far out...

People want "different" & I brought it

That's WHO I Am as an Artist

U certainly brought it.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 11/09/17 6:47pm

theAudience

avatar

Had to step back in for a sec to support my main man FOLEY.

Video/track is definitely dope. But i've also seen who's in the live band. eek

For those paying attention, y'all have no idea what you're in for!

peace,

tA

"Ya see, we're not interested in what you know...but what you are willing to learn. C'mon y'all."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 11/09/17 10:22pm

SMARTALECMUSIC

theAudience said:

Had to step back in for a sec to support my main man FOLEY.

Video/track is definitely dope. But i've also seen who's in the live band. eek

For those paying attention, y'all have no idea what you're in for!

peace,

tA

TA !!

Thanks so much Fam...

YOU Already know

I was wondering if anyone still cared about Art / Music

picked a fine time to resurface..Lol

but, you just gotta put it out there, right ?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 11/09/17 10:24pm

SMARTALECMUSIC

Graycap23 said:

SMARTALECMUSIC said:

Thank you Fam !

I realize how difficult it is to release "MUSIC" or any type of Art these days...

NO ONE CARES...

But, I had to let go of this for ME

Lol, I hope I didn't take people too far out...

People want "different" & I brought it

That's WHO I Am as an Artist

U certainly brought it.

Thanks "Cap"

only hope it didn't take em out too far...

different time & space these days...ya know ?

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 12/14/17 11:23am

SMARTALECMUSIC

theAudience said:

Had to step back in for a sec to support my main man FOLEY.

Video/track is definitely dope. But i've also seen who's in the live band. eek

For those paying attention, y'all have no idea what you're in for!

peace,

tA

* Bump *

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 12/14/17 10:21pm

Graycap23

avatar

SMARTALECMUSIC said:

theAudience said:

Had to step back in for a sec to support my main man FOLEY.

Video/track is definitely dope. But i've also seen who's in the live band. eek

For those paying attention, y'all have no idea what you're in for!

peace,

tA

* Bump *

I need a 12 minute version of this joint.

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 12/15/17 9:04am

purplethunder3
121

avatar

This song sounds great. Looking forward to the EP! thumbs up!

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 12/15/17 10:49am

SMARTALECMUSIC

Graycap23 said:

SMARTALECMUSIC said:

* Bump *

I need a 12 minute version of this joint.

Lol Cool...

Well me & Cora did two songs...two takes..I'll have to bless you with the other take

Damn, maybe I need to back up a bit

SCENE...LOS ANGELES :

1999-2000 ?

I'm @ Howard U in DC

I'm there helping one of my "kids" out Ray Angry ( now of the roots )

with his recital @ Howard U

I'm in between setting up...I walk around & hear someone playing drums

So, I investigate cause whoever it was...was killin

"Damn, it's a girl !"

( Cora Coleman )

There were actually TWO kits in this practice room ( facing each other )

So, I jumped on the other kit & we started trading & Vibing

The first words she & I ever spoke to each other...was "RHYTHM"

We went for lunch & KNEW that we needed to be playing together

So, told her that I'd be coming to LA soon & to please learn these 4 songs

Now, it was then that she joined my "2pc" band that I had...

replacing this kat that I didn't trust to be able to do the gig

We played...and I KNEW...SHE WAS THE ONE

I called up my homie "Qmillion" ( Keri Lewis' brother and Amazing studio engineer )

and told him "I HAVE TO RECORD ME & THIS GIRL"

We recorded one of my joints & PRINCE's fav song of mine at the time :

"CUM ROUND"

What got recorded "LIVE" no overdubbs...ONE TAKE...was just Magical

I gave George Clitnon a copy...

HE PLAYS IT FOR EVERYBODY....Thought it was THE NEW Language

( Bernie Worrell said it sounded like some "Dancable HENDRIX shit" )

George Plays it for PRINCE...

Long story short ?

She ends up with him & stays for about 6yrs

Does the legendary "Super bowl" hit as well

And I put that session away....

UNTIL NOW

I conceived a concept for a video...

and now, People get to hear what PRINCE & everyone else in LA heard

I'm very happy about my decision to finally RELEASE THAT SHIT !!

= END TRANSMISSON =

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 12/15/17 10:53am

SMARTALECMUSIC

purplethunder3121 said:

This song sounds great. Looking forward to the EP! thumbs up!

Aww wow...

THANK YOU !!

I'm still wrestling with the decision to go with one of the scandalous

online retailers..its ALOT of crazy shit goin on right now

Please bare with me...it'll get handled SOON !!

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 12/15/17 12:31pm

Graycap23

avatar

SMARTALECMUSIC said:

Graycap23 said:

I need a 12 minute version of this joint.

Lol Cool...

Well me & Cora did two songs...two takes..I'll have to bless you with the other take

Damn, maybe I need to back up a bit

SCENE...LOS ANGELES :

1999-2000 ?

I'm @ Howard U in DC

I'm there helping one of my "kids" out Ray Angry ( now of the roots )

with his recital @ Howard U

I'm in between setting up...I walk around & hear someone playing drums

So, I investigate cause whoever it was...was killin

"Damn, it's a girl !"

( Cora Coleman )

There were actually TWO kits in this practice room ( facing each other )

So, I jumped on the other kit & we started trading & Vibing

The first words she & I ever spoke to each other...was "RHYTHM"

We went for lunch & KNEW that we needed to be playing together

So, told her that I'd be coming to LA soon & to please learn these 4 songs

Now, it was then that she joined my "2pc" band that I had...

replacing this kat that I didn't trust to be able to do the gig

We played...and I KNEW...SHE WAS THE ONE

I called up my homie "Qmillion" ( Keri Lewis' brother and Amazing studio engineer )

and told him "I HAVE TO RECORD ME & THIS GIRL"

We recorded one of my joints & PRINCE's fav song of mine at the time :

"CUM ROUND"

What got recorded "LIVE" no overdubbs...ONE TAKE...was just Magical

I gave George Clitnon a copy...

HE PLAYS IT FOR EVERYBODY....Thought it was THE NEW Language

( Bernie Worrell said it sounded like some "Dancable HENDRIX shit" )

George Plays it for PRINCE...

Long story short ?

She ends up with him & stays for about 6yrs

Does the legendary "Super bowl" hit as well

And I put that session away....

UNTIL NOW

I conceived a concept for a video...

and now, People get to hear what PRINCE & everyone else in LA heard

I'm very happy about my decision to finally RELEASE THAT SHIT !!

= END TRANSMISSON =

Nice........Can't wait 2 hear the other "one".......

That 2pc band is KILLER!

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 12/18/17 11:10pm

Graycap23

avatar

This song is in constant rotation. I really wish u would drop another cd.ive worn the first one...OUT.
FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 12/21/17 7:31pm

mrwiggles

Hey now this is that next chyt right here. I seem to recall another version from somewhere. Wait a minute, Belita Woods sang this on 7 Years, yes? Been ages since I cued up that record. Underrated masterpiece. Too bad record company did not quite know what to do with it.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 12/23/17 7:34pm

Graycap23

avatar

mrwiggles said:

Hey now this is that next chyt right here. I seem to recall another version from somewhere. Wait a minute, Belita Woods sang this on 7 Years, yes? Been ages since I cued up that record. Underrated masterpiece. Too bad record company did not quite know what to do with it.

Can u imagine what type of project would flow from this session?

FOOLS multiply when WISE Men & Women are silent.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 12/25/17 5:36am

funkaholic1972

avatar

This is sounding fantastic, thanks FOLEY!!

RIP Prince: thank U 4 a funky Time!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 12/25/17 10:10am

SMARTALECMUSIC

Graycap23 said:

This song is in constant rotation. I really wish u would drop another cd.ive worn the first one...OUT.

Cap !

Thanks Fam....

Yep, I'm putting something together right NOW

= stay MORE than tuned =

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 12/25/17 10:14am

SMARTALECMUSIC

mrwiggles said:

Hey now this is that next chyt right here. I seem to recall another version from somewhere. Wait a minute, Belita Woods sang this on 7 Years, yes? Been ages since I cued up that record. Underrated masterpiece. Too bad record company did not quite know what to do with it.

MR.Wiggles !

Yo, Dawg...I can't even tell you what this means

to hear you guys revere something so long ago..

Climate is MAD Diff now...Folks ain't ready ( and prolly never will be )

But, that's not my concern, right ? I just need to make sure that Folks

like youself can get this music... and even tho, I'm NOT a fan of the "Industry"

I WILL ALWAYS MAKE MUSIC...IF NO ONE EVER HEARS IT

Thanks..means alot to talk DIRECTLY to everyone on here

ALOT !

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 12/25/17 10:14am

SMARTALECMUSIC

funkaholic1972 said:

This is sounding fantastic, thanks FOLEY!!

FUNKAHOLIC !!

THANK YOU !!!

= stay tuned =

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 12/25/17 10:21am

SMARTALECMUSIC

Hey, you guys...

for those of you that don't know about my new FB music page

by all means stop by & show Love

MUCH APPRECIATED !

https://www.facebook.com/FOLEYLEADBASS/

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 12/26/17 7:32am

mediumdry

This is great, and the last place where I expected to hear this. I've got 7 Years Ago... still in fairly heavy rotation. If there's new work coming down the pipe, that makes me happy. And if you are able to do some european dates with this new band, I'll definitely be there!

.

[edit] and it seems I just missed you in France this September... dayum! I'll be looking out for any new dates I can find.

[Edited 12/26/17 7:35am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 12/27/17 9:55am

paligap

avatar

...

Man, this is what happens when I'm away too long!

I'm late, but glad I'm heard This!!! Raw Funk!! Thanks Foley!!

...

" I've got six things on my mind --you're no longer one of them." - Paddy McAloon, Prefab Sprout
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 12/27/17 10:47am

SMARTALECMUSIC

mediumdry said:

This is great, and the last place where I expected to hear this. I've got 7 Years Ago... still in fairly heavy rotation. If there's new work coming down the pipe, that makes me happy. And if you are able to do some european dates with this new band, I'll definitely be there!

.

[edit] and it seems I just missed you in France this September... dayum! I'll be looking out for any new dates I can find.

[Edited 12/26/17 7:35am]

Thanks Fam !

Yeah, the show in Paris was Crazy !!

Ran into a bit of a "snag" with the venue in terms of being able to own & shoot footage

But, I'm happy to be back...for now

Big Respect for ANY rotation of an album I made 26yrs ago

More coming...More coming !

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 12/27/17 10:49am

SMARTALECMUSIC

paligap said:

...

Man, this is what happens when I'm away too long!

I'm late, but glad I'm heard This!!! Raw Funk!! Thanks Foley!!

...

"Pali G"

Whassup Fam !!

I was wondering where ya were man...

You & "Trickology" "Falsetto"

Glad I that still have my "org" family always showing support !

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 12/28/17 2:21am

mediumdry

SMARTALECMUSIC said:

Big Respect for ANY rotation of an album I made 26yrs ago

.

You shouldn't have made the album as good, if you expected people to not play it much after 26 years. cool

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 12/28/17 7:08am

mrwiggles

mediumdry said:



SMARTALECMUSIC said:


Big Respect for ANY rotation of an album I made 26yrs ago



.


You shouldn't have made the album as good, if you expected people to not play it much after 26 years. cool



Man that record to me was just like a snap shot in time. It had such an eclectic vibe about it in both the way it sounded and concept. There was nothing like it at the time nor since.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 12/28/17 8:50am

SMARTALECMUSIC

mediumdry said:

SMARTALECMUSIC said:

Big Respect for ANY rotation of an album I made 26yrs ago

.

You shouldn't have made the album as good, if you expected people to not play it much after 26 years. cool

Lol !!

Thanks Fam...I'm honored

We gotcha

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 12/28/17 8:57am

SMARTALECMUSIC

mrwiggles said:

mediumdry said:

.

You shouldn't have made the album as good, if you expected people to not play it much after 26 years. cool

Man that record to me was just like a snap shot in time. It had such an eclectic vibe about it in both the way it sounded and concept. There was nothing like it at the time nor since.

MR.wiggles !

Thank You !!

You know it was such a differnt time...and possibly the last era where music mattered

I was really goin thru alot with MILES' death & all of the BS that was goin on

So, I just WENT IN...

That kind of record will never happen again...cuz NO ONE CARES

folks are more concerned with taking "selfies" and hateful comments

than actually sitting still and LISTENING to Music...they way we used to do

You guys give me HOPE that folks still care

music

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 12/28/17 9:53am

paligap

avatar

....

Ndeed! I've also been diggin' your version of "Mathematics", "Easy Thangz", your version of "Kashmir", etc....some hellafied tracks over the years.....

...

" I've got six things on my mind --you're no longer one of them." - Paddy McAloon, Prefab Sprout
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 2 12>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > FOLEY "CUM ROUND" New Video & Single....