independent and unofficial
Prince fan community site
Wed 20th Nov 2019 11:42pm
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Janet's new track "Weekend"
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 05/01/06 9:09am

musicman

Janet's new track "Weekend"

At noon today, Ms. Jackson gave us the new track "Weekend"

check it out on her website:

http://www.janet-jackson.com/

I like the beat, vocals are a little iffy. But, I still love Janet. I just hope she is focused on this project-- and less explict sex.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 05/01/06 9:12am

VoicesCarry

It's a cover. I'm getting into it. They were not lying when they said they were going for an 80's sound. VainAndy could even bump his ass to this, methinks.

Note: This isn't the first single, as far as I know. I think it's just an album teaser, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. Website says its a "gift" for the fans; it may not even be an album track.

*IT'S GROWING ON ME EDIT*
[Edited 5/1/06 9:59am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 05/01/06 9:16am

ehuffnsd

avatar

it's a cover of a Debbie Deb song called look out weekend
You CANNOT use the name of God, or religion, to justify acts of violence, to hurt, to hate, to discriminate- Madonna
authentic power is service- Pope Francis
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 05/01/06 9:30am

kisscamille

ehuffnsd said:

it's a cover of a Debbie Deb song called look out weekend


It's a cover song? How disappointing. Can't JJ release something original? I would think after the mess that was Damito Jo, she'd be doing whatever possible to do something interesting and original. Perhaps that's too much to ask of JJ these days.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 05/01/06 9:30am

JackieBlue

avatar

Regifting this gift...
Been gone for a minute, now I'm back with the jump off
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 05/01/06 9:34am

Martinelli

avatar

is this gonna b on the new album?
...Your coochie gonna swell up and fall apart...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 05/01/06 9:36am

VoicesCarry

kisscamille said:

ehuffnsd said:

it's a cover of a Debbie Deb song called look out weekend


It's a cover song? How disappointing. Can't JJ release something original? I would think after the mess that was Damito Jo, she'd be doing whatever possible to do something interesting and original. Perhaps that's too much to ask of JJ these days.


At least it's not a sample. lol
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 05/01/06 9:40am

VinnyM27

avatar

ehuffnsd said:

it's a cover of a Debbie Deb song called look out weekend


She covered "Look Out Weekend"? I can't wait to check it out!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/01/06 10:07am

IstenSzek

avatar

can't anybody read? it says it's a gift just for the people on that website
it doesn't say it's an albumtrack. you people run with every morsel of news
you get thrown at ya. most of it without even viewing the source. lol.

lol

god i love all of you hug
and true love lives on lollipops and crisps
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/01/06 10:10am

VoicesCarry

IstenSzek said:

can't anybody read? it says it's a gift just for the people on that website
it doesn't say it's an albumtrack. you people run with every morsel of news
you get thrown at ya. most of it without even viewing the source. lol.

lol

god i love all of you hug


Um, I already said that lol Original post only says it's a "new track", which is true.

Anyhoo, whoever processed her vocals here needs to be shot.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/01/06 10:11am

Axchi696

avatar

Whoever said that her vocals were "iffy" wasn't lying, this is far from Janet's strongest vocal performance. I'm not really feeling the production, either; the hook is buried under so many layers of effects that it really gets lost somewhere in there. I thought I'd like a big 80's sounding album, but I'm not sure that this is something I'll dig.
I'm the first mammal to wear pants.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/01/06 10:13am

Moonbeam

avatar

I don't know if this song will even be on the album. I like the song, but the vocals aren't even close to par. sad
Feel free to join in the Prince Album Poll 2018! Let'a celebrate his legacy by counting down the most beloved Prince albums, as decided by you!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/01/06 10:18am

VoicesCarry

Moonbeam said:

I don't know if this song will even be on the album. I like the song, but the vocals aren't even close to par. sad


Could be the stream bitrate. I donno. The last time this bullshit was in vogue was when Cher did Believe.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/01/06 10:22am

Joshua23

avatar

Garbage.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/01/06 10:40am

funkin4kix

avatar

Joshua23 said:

Garbage.


i second that, hot ass garbage... janet is my #1 but that song is horrendous... please don't let it be the new single!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/01/06 10:43am

isthisdadawn

avatar

I love the song, maybe i am just bias but this is a hot track and radio friendly. I can just imagine a remix version with jd, & company. It is a club banger. I have a feeling this release is to test the waters and not the official track.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 05/01/06 10:49am

Graycap23

Just what the music world needs.....another cover track. Thanks but NO thanks.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 05/01/06 10:53am

musicman

VoicesCarry said:

It's a cover. I'm getting into it. They were not lying when they said they were going for an 80's sound. VainAndy could even bump his ass to this, methinks.

Note: This isn't the first single, as far as I know. I think it's just an album teaser, but I guess we'll find out soon enough. Website says its a "gift" for the fans; it may not even be an album track.

*IT'S GROWING ON ME EDIT*
[Edited 5/1/06 9:59am]



Awww, I figured it wasn't the first single, but didn't realize it was a cover of Debbie Deb. Thanks!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 05/01/06 10:58am

dancerella

VinnyM27 said:

ehuffnsd said:

it's a cover of a Debbie Deb song called look out weekend


She covered "Look Out Weekend"? I can't wait to check it out!



Yeah me too. I love that song! I hope her cd will be all 80's.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 05/01/06 11:06am

whatsgoingon

avatar

Axchi696 said:

Whoever said that her vocals were "iffy" wasn't lying, this is far from Janet's strongest vocal performance. I'm not really feeling the production, either; the hook is buried under so many layers of effects that it really gets lost somewhere in there. I thought I'd like a big 80's sounding album, but I'm not sure that this is something I'll dig.

Janet has always had "iffy" vocals.. neutral
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 05/01/06 11:20am

boozoo2

avatar

whatsgoingon said:

Axchi696 said:

Whoever said that her vocals were "iffy" wasn't lying, this is far from Janet's strongest vocal performance. I'm not really feeling the production, either; the hook is buried under so many layers of effects that it really gets lost somewhere in there. I thought I'd like a big 80's sounding album, but I'm not sure that this is something I'll dig.

Janet has always had "iffy" vocals.. neutral



yeah, but did you listen to this track, it's even worse !!! Terrible production as well, don't say this is Jam/Lewis, is it? And it's sooooo boring, after 30 seconds you've heard the whole track, not a break, not anything happening at all.

I know it's a gift but if somebody gave this at my birthday they can forget about next years invitation.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 05/01/06 11:22am

JackieBlue

avatar

boozoo2 said:

whatsgoingon said:


Janet has always had "iffy" vocals.. neutral



yeah, but did you listen to this track, it's even worse !!! Terrible production as well, don't say this is Jam/Lewis, is it? And it's sooooo boring, after 30 seconds you've heard the whole track, not a break, not anything happening at all.
I know it's a gift but if somebody gave this at my birthday they can forget about next years invitation.



I actually thought it was a loop at first.
Been gone for a minute, now I'm back with the jump off
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 05/01/06 11:28am

CinisterCee

Funny, I've been bumping the original "Lookout Weekend" LIKE A FIEND for the last 6 months!
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 05/01/06 11:37am

VoicesCarry

CinisterCee said:

Funny, I've been bumping the original "Lookout Weekend" LIKE A FIEND for the last 6 months!


So whatchu think?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 05/01/06 11:41am

CinisterCee

btw, I'm just getting the normal splash page except the counter to her surprise is stuck at 1:02:03:15 or doesn't show at all. confuse
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 05/01/06 11:43am

VoicesCarry

CinisterCee said:

btw, I'm just getting the normal splash page except the counter to her surprise is stuck at 1:02:03:15 or doesn't show at all. confuse


Linkie.

http://boss.streamos.com/...artistsite
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 05/01/06 11:45am

musicman

whatsgoingon said:

Axchi696 said:

Whoever said that her vocals were "iffy" wasn't lying, this is far from Janet's strongest vocal performance. I'm not really feeling the production, either; the hook is buried under so many layers of effects that it really gets lost somewhere in there. I thought I'd like a big 80's sounding album, but I'm not sure that this is something I'll dig.

Janet has always had "iffy" vocals.. neutral


Yeah, but it was mixed better. This is kinda.. uhhh.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 05/01/06 11:46am

VoicesCarry

musicman said:

whatsgoingon said:


Janet has always had "iffy" vocals.. neutral


Yeah, but it was mixed better. This is kinda.. uhhh.


This is kinda processed up the wazoo! When she sings, she doesn't sound like this.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 05/01/06 11:50am

MikeMatronik

This song is great... biggrin

biggrin Now I have some new janet in my mp3 player!

If you guys are member of muzicmatters.net, you can get the link for it there and download it to ur hd!

Imagine a mashup of Prince's LOVE with this! razz
[Edited 5/1/06 11:51am]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 05/01/06 11:54am

CinisterCee

VoicesCarry said:

CinisterCee said:

btw, I'm just getting the normal splash page except the counter to her surprise is stuck at 1:02:03:15 or doesn't show at all. confuse


Linkie.

http://boss.streamos.com/...artistsite


I FREAKING LOVE IT!!!!!
fallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jig
fallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jig
fallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jig
fallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jig
fallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jig
fallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jig
fallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jig
fallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jig
fallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jig
fallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jig
fallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jig
fallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jigfallinluvdancing jig
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 4 1234>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Music: Non-Prince > Janet's new track "Weekend"