independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > bloody mouth
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 12/13/22 5:05am

lustmealways

avatar

bloody mouth

still the holy grail, my thirst cannot be quinched. this may be the single greatest song of all times. sometimes I'll cut my mouth just so that i can feel closer to the title of this track.

who else realizes that nothing else matters except this track?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 12/13/22 8:45am

LOSTPASSWORDMA
N

I often think what the hell could this song be about? and it almost made it on to an album, so must be good (Judy Good Girlfriend also comes to mind). Stimulation is one I want to hear from this period.

[Edited 12/13/22 8:46am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 12/13/22 9:43am

paisleyparkgir
l

avatar

Why have I never heard that song ?

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 12/13/22 4:04pm

LoveGalore

paisleyparkgirl said:

Why have I never heard that song ?



It hasn't circulated.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 12/13/22 4:24pm

paisleyparkgir
l

avatar

LoveGalore said:

paisleyparkgirl said:

Why have I never heard that song ?

It hasn't circulated.

The original poster is calling it the greatest song of all times, now I'm so curious.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 12/13/22 6:50pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

paisleyparkgirl said:

LoveGalore said:

paisleyparkgirl said: It hasn't circulated.

The original poster is calling it the greatest song of all times, now I'm so curious.


Valid argument.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 12/13/22 8:12pm

LoveGalore

TrivialPursuit said:



paisleyparkgirl said:




LoveGalore said:


paisleyparkgirl said: It hasn't circulated.


The original poster is calling it the greatest song of all times, now I'm so curious.




Valid argument.



Jenniferlawrencespittake.gif lol
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 12/14/22 12:55am

TrivialPursuit

avatar

LoveGalore said:

TrivialPursuit said:


Valid argument.

Jenniferlawrencespittake-nosuchgifexists.gif lol


Hey listen, I kinda think it could end up being like "Wally," where the legend of the song far outweighed the song itself. Same with things like "Wednesday," "A Case of U," or "Electric Intercourse."

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 12/14/22 3:38am

JorisE73

TrivialPursuit said:

LoveGalore said:

TrivialPursuit said: Jenniferlawrencespittake-nosuchgifexists.gif lol


Hey listen, I kinda think it could end up being like "Wally," where the legend of the song far outweighed the song itself. Same with things like "Wednesday," "A Case of U," or "Electric Intercourse."



The sample I heard over the phone years ago of the 1985-1986 re-recording of Wednesday sounds nothing like the released version or Jill Jones's movie version that only has piano, the rerecording has more instruments.
The original version of Wally could be amazing but we will never know I think and the studio overdubbed version from the '83 FA show of Electric Intercourse could also be amazing (I love the FA '83 live version)


 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 12/14/22 3:59am

love2thenines2
003

JorisE73 said:

TrivialPursuit said:


Hey listen, I kinda think it could end up being like "Wally," where the legend of the song far outweighed the song itself. Same with things like "Wednesday," "A Case of U," or "Electric Intercourse."



The sample I heard over the phone years ago of the 1985-1986 re-recording of Wednesday sounds nothing like the released version or Jill Jones's movie version that only has piano, the rerecording has more instruments.
The original version of Wally could be amazing but we will never know I think and the studio overdubbed version from the '83 FA show of Electric Intercourse could also be amazing (I love the FA '83 live version)


...one of the other take of Studio Wally is in the hands of who u know !

wink

Slim aka IAMX

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 12/14/22 4:41am

JorisE73

love2thenines2003 said:

JorisE73 said:



The sample I heard over the phone years ago of the 1985-1986 re-recording of Wednesday sounds nothing like the released version or Jill Jones's movie version that only has piano, the rerecording has more instruments.
The original version of Wally could be amazing but we will never know I think and the studio overdubbed version from the '83 FA show of Electric Intercourse could also be amazing (I love the FA '83 live version)


...one of the other take of Studio Wally is in the hands of who u know !

wink

Slim aka IAMX


I know. hopefully we'll eventually hear it to. Or at least find out if its a really different take or version or things that were edited out or left out of the released version.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 12/14/22 5:30am

lustmealways

avatar

wally not fantastic, kind of showtuney. it's pretty good. idk, that was then, bloody mouth is NOW.

no more discussion in this thread unless it's about the greatest song of all time

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 12/14/22 7:39am

Krid

I think Prince actually made pretty good choices which songs to include on the official releases (albums, singles, b-sides). Sure there is good bootleg/vault songs, but none where I think - gee, this is an absolute masterstroke, why was this not included. Only exception really the original version of Old Friends 4 Sale, but this somehow could count as a released song (albeit a different version)

For me, all the "vault" songs on the SDEs (as well as songs I heard elsewhere) just prove this point...

So, I am sure Bloody Mouth is nothing mind-blowing - but I will never know, unless it is circulating or released cool

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 12/14/22 8:01am

LoveGalore

Krid said:

I think Prince actually made pretty good choices which songs to include on the official releases (albums, singles, b-sides). Sure there is good bootleg/vault songs, but none where I think - gee, this is an absolute masterstroke, why was this not included. Only exception really the original version of Old Friends 4 Sale, but this somehow could count as a released song (albeit a different version)



For me, all the "vault" songs on the SDEs (as well as songs I heard elsewhere) just prove this point...



So, I am sure Bloody Mouth is nothing mind-blowing - but I will never know, unless it is circulating or released cool



You're nuts. Tons of those SDE tracks, especially the 1999 stuff, could've easily been released and been just as good. I'd love a version of 1999 with Purple Music and Possessed on it or as BSides.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 12/14/22 8:19am

Krid

LoveGalore said:

Krid said:

I think Prince actually made pretty good choices which songs to include on the official releases (albums, singles, b-sides). Sure there is good bootleg/vault songs, but none where I think - gee, this is an absolute masterstroke, why was this not included. Only exception really the original version of Old Friends 4 Sale, but this somehow could count as a released song (albeit a different version)

For me, all the "vault" songs on the SDEs (as well as songs I heard elsewhere) just prove this point...

So, I am sure Bloody Mouth is nothing mind-blowing - but I will never know, unless it is circulating or released cool

You're nuts. Tons of those SDE tracks, especially the 1999 stuff, could've easily been released and been just as good. I'd love a version of 1999 with Purple Music and Possessed on it or as BSides.

Well, I disagree lol And I am not nuts !!!

And for my taste, Purple Music and Possessed are good songs - but not mindblowing masterpieces - too repetitive, and they go on too long. razz

But to each his own...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 12/14/22 8:42am

lustmealways

avatar

cash offers for this song please orgnote me

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 12/14/22 9:16am

lustmealways

avatar

literally i know 100 people reading this thread have this track. just give it to me. i have so much uncirculating material from other bands it's not even funny, i just want to hear it. i'll give you money.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 12/14/22 9:26am

paisleyparkgir
l

avatar

To the ones who've heard it.

Can you give me a clue what other Prince song it ressembles ?

[Edited 12/14/22 9:27am]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 12/14/22 9:41am

lurker316

avatar

Krid said:

Well, I disagree lol And I am not nuts !!!

And for my taste, Purple Music and Possessed are good songs - but not mindblowing masterpieces - too repetitive, and they go on too long. razz

But to each his own...


What about All My Dreams and In A Large Room With No Lights? Those are two outtakes I'd rate as being album worthy.


 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 12/14/22 12:03pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

lurker316 said:

Krid said:

Well, I disagree lol And I am not nuts !!!

And for my taste, Purple Music and Possessed are good songs - but not mindblowing masterpieces - too repetitive, and they go on too long. razz

But to each his own...


What about All My Dreams and In A Large Room With No Lights? Those are two outtakes I'd rate as being album worthy.



And how either of those just never came out shows his short-sightedness on what he had in front of him. Frankly, "All My Dreams" could've been on SOTT as that lone Revolution track.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 12/14/22 12:04pm

TrivialPursuit

avatar

JorisE73 said:

The original version of Wally could be amazing but we will never know I think and the studio overdubbed version from the '83 FA show of Electric Intercourse could also be amazing (I love the FA '83 live version)



I don't know if that exists, but if he used the basic tracks from that First Avenue show, and worked them into a song (the way he did with the other three Purple Rain songs), that could've been pretty amazing. You're correct.

"eye don’t really care so much what people say about me because it is a reflection of who they r."
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 12/14/22 2:29pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

What a song title... lol

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 12/15/22 5:29am

lustmealways

avatar

can't stop won't stop need this song and i will be bumping this thread weekly until i get it

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 12/15/22 8:27am

JorisE73

TrivialPursuit said:

JorisE73 said:

The original version of Wally could be amazing but we will never know I think and the studio overdubbed version from the '83 FA show of Electric Intercourse could also be amazing (I love the FA '83 live version)



I don't know if that exists, but if he used the basic tracks from that First Avenue show, and worked them into a song (the way he did with the other three Purple Rain songs), that could've been pretty amazing. You're correct.


A sample of it was shared to some in the beginning of 2000.
teh guy who shared it said Prince didn't finish the track or that it was not known if a finished track exists because all he had was a version from a worktape.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 12/15/22 2:20pm

purplethunder3
121

avatar

lustmealways said:

can't stop won't stop need this song and i will be bumping this thread weekly until i get it

You can do that until the end of time and still won't get it... falloff

"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything." --Plato
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 12/15/22 2:22pm

LoveGalore

I love Electric Intercourse in all forms. The studio take is my favorite because it's everything I needed it to be and I completely adore it.

It would be interesting to hear what he did with the overdubbing but I have never thought the version he played that night was better than the softer one he did during rehearsal or, of course, the studio take.

That being said, Bloody Mouth will never be released or leaked.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 12/15/22 2:35pm

nayroo2002

avatar

LoveGalore said:

The studio take is my favorite because it's everything I needed it to be and I completely adore it

Especially the burp!

"Whatever skin we're in
we all need 2 b friends"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 12/15/22 2:47pm

lustmealways

avatar

this is one of those songs that a lot of people have but it's just managed to avoid circulation

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 12/15/22 3:05pm

LoveGalore

lustmealways said:

this is one of those songs that a lot of people have but it's just managed to avoid circulation



Because we already have Alphabet St.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 12/15/22 11:47pm

love2thenines2
003

This is so funny to read comments about a song that nobody listened...maybe this song is pure shit and so useless or maybe do exist only with a title?
[Edited 12/15/22 23:48pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > bloody mouth