independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Welcome! Sign up or enter username and password to remember me
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion (Court stuff) - Continues Here .........
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 03/25/22 3:28pm

luv4u

Moderator

avatar

moderator

The Estate Discussion (Court stuff) - Continues Here .........

Other thread self locked. https://prince.org/msg/7/468446

Continue discussion here--------------------------------------

prince-museum-1.jpg

..

Click on the link to sign up for updates or to view court documents. - luv4u

Link to court documents: http://www.mncourts.gov/I...elson.aspx

file-a1bd18daf7f5ad6a7a5c2eaa1129af56.jpg

canada

Ohh purple joy oh purple bliss oh purple rapture!
REAL MUSIC by REAL MUSICIANS - Prince
"I kind of wish there was a reason for Prince to make the site crash more" ~~ Ben
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/05/22 1:56pm

Astasheiks

avatar

Out of curiosity, Does anyone know if all those pics seen above were taking by the same photographer? cool

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/06/22 1:20pm

motherfunka

avatar

Astasheiks said:

Out of curiosity, Does anyone know if all those pics seen above were taking by the same photographer? cool


The middle one was by Herb Ritts and the two on the right were Jeff Katz. Not sure on the first two, but probably Allen Beaulieu

TRUE BLUE
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/13/22 5:17pm

Astasheiks

avatar

Cool motherfunka. Great photographers! That middle one was so strange to me when I first saw it! I thought sleeping or dead while alive.... Wonder is that what P was striving for? It's very Unusual right in the realm of P, Unusual. heehee eye prince wildsign crysball

[Edited 4/13/22 17:19pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/14/22 3:01pm

motherfunka

avatar

Astasheiks said:

Cool motherfunka. Great photographers! That middle one was so strange to me when I first saw it! I thought sleeping or dead while alive.... Wonder is that what P was striving for? It's very Unusual right in the realm of P, Unusual. heehee eye prince wildsign crysball


Different take from the Hits/The B-Sides release.

TRUE BLUE
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/19/22 4:35pm

nelcp777

I like the alternate Hits pic,

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/24/22 1:22pm

XxAxX

avatar

an attorney pal told me the estate was finally valued at 175 mil$, attorneys' fees and cost totaled around 200 mil$. truth???

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/24/22 6:30pm

PennyPurple

avatar

XxAxX said:

an attorney pal told me the estate was finally valued at 175 mil$, attorneys' fees and cost totaled around 200 mil$. truth???

Basically is the truth, the sibs fighting between themselves helped the costs to rise.

IMO there is still lots of $$ to be made.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 05/06/22 8:49am

Astasheiks

avatar

XxAxX said:

an attorney pal told me the estate was finally valued at 175 mil$, attorneys' fees and cost totaled around 200 mil$. truth???

Is that True on Attorney fees and cost??? eek

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 05/07/22 6:48pm

laytonian

Someone's "attorney pal" is wrong.

The NEGOTIATED value of the estate (as of 21 April 2016), is $156.4 million.

https://www.nbcnews.com/n...-rcna12540

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 05/09/22 2:40pm

Astasheiks

avatar

Thanks for that link Laytonia!

"Since then, lawyers and consultants have been paid tens of millions of dollars to administer his estate and come up with a plan for its distribution. Two of Prince’s six sibling heirs, Alfred Jackson and John R. Nelson, have since died. Two others are in their 80s."

And had it been me, and I wasn't leave that to my siblings and/or their families or even a portion or portions of it to my siblings and their families. I would have found worthy Charities to leave it rather all those tens of millions of dollars paid to those to administer the estate! eek mad confused sad neutral omfg shocked

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 05/09/22 2:45pm

Astasheiks

avatar

laytonian said:

Someone's "attorney pal" is wrong.

The NEGOTIATED value of the estate (as of 21 April 2016), is $156.4 million.

https://www.nbcnews.com/n...-rcna12540

You say 21 April 2016? But by reading the article it says just Settled this year (Jan. 18, 2022) ...

"The six-year legal battle over pop superstar Prince’s estate has ended, meaning the process of distributing the artist’s wealth could begin next month."

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 05/09/22 6:49pm

laytonian

Astasheiks said:

laytonian said:

Someone's "attorney pal" is wrong.

The NEGOTIATED value of the estate (as of 21 April 2016), is $156.4 million.

https://www.nbcnews.com/n...-rcna12540

You say 21 April 2016? But by reading the article it says just Settled this year (Jan. 18, 2022) ...

"The six-year legal battle over pop superstar Prince’s estate has ended, meaning the process of distributing the artist’s wealth could begin next month."


Estates are valued as of THE DATE OF DEATH.
The date of settlement of the estate details is different than that.

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 05/12/22 12:26pm

Astasheiks

avatar

laytonian said:

Astasheiks said:

You say 21 April 2016? But by reading the article it says just Settled this year (Jan. 18, 2022) ...

"The six-year legal battle over pop superstar Prince’s estate has ended, meaning the process of distributing the artist’s wealth could begin next month."


Estates are valued as of THE DATE OF DEATH.
The date of settlement of the estate details is different than that.

Oh I see. Also didn't have my Glasses on, biggrin missed the "The NEGOTIATED value" ....

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 05/12/22 12:28pm

Astasheiks

avatar

Astasheiks said:

Thanks for that link Laytonia!

"Since then, lawyers and consultants have been paid tens of millions of dollars to administer his estate and come up with a plan for its distribution. Two of Prince’s six sibling heirs, Alfred Jackson and John R. Nelson, have since died. Two others are in their 80s."

And had it been me, and I wasn't leave that to my siblings and/or their families or even a portion or portions of it to my siblings and their families. I would have found worthy Charities to leave it rather all those tens of millions of dollars paid to those to administer the estate! eek mad confused sad neutral omfg shocked

If any of you all would have been in a similar situation would you all left it like P (no will) or did similar to what I mention above???

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 05/12/22 4:37pm

Mumio

avatar

Astasheiks said:

If any of you all would have been in a similar situation would you all left it like P (no will) or did similar to what I mention above???

It's hard to say without knowing ALL the details....and there's a lot missing and being kept from the general public. I don't blame them, it's not really any of our business. The key though is that unless there's some bulletproof way to distribute the funds (like trusts, which I'd bet he put many out there), the family will dispute and fight to get what they believe is rightfully theirs.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > The Estate Discussion (Court stuff) - Continues Here .........