independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Purple Paranoia....and other funny Prince stories
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/29/21 11:39am

mechanicalemot
ion17

Purple Paranoia....and other funny Prince stories

Just saw an interview on Gully TV on YouTube where the host is talking to a martial arts trainer/bodyguard about his association with Aaliyah. As he continues with his dialogue the gentlemen talks about having met Prince and how nice he was albeit weird as fuck. Boy do I love an unexpected Prince story! He continues to say in the interview that one of Prince's bodyguards, who had apparently reached the limit of what he could take, passed him his resume wanting to part ways with Prince's camp because Prince made his bodyguards taste his food before he would eat it. Hilarious!...and not so farfetched considering his many well-documented eccentricities


Please share any weird and quirky Prince stories you've come across
[Edited 4/29/21 12:00pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/29/21 11:50am

Phase3

There's the one about elizabeth Taylor visiting prince and prince had a lot of security with him. Elizabeth said something to him like "did you think I was gonna hurt you"?
One time prince sent memo's to other celebs inthe audience saying he didn't want to be looked at
Singer Ke$ha once Snuck into paisley park while prince was rehearsing.Forgot what happened afterwards
Then there's the one about MJ and Will.i.am going to see prince in concert and prince playing bass right in MJ's face.Then MJ saying will that Prince is a "meany"
[Edited 4/29/21 11:52am]
[Edited 4/29/21 11:53am]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/29/21 11:55am

mechanicalemot
ion17

Phase3 said:

There's the one about elizabeth Taylor's visiting prince and prince had a lot of security with him. Elizabeth said something to him like "did you think I was gonna hurt you"?
One time prince sent memo's to other celebs inthe audience saying he didn't want to be looked at
Singer Ke$ha once Snuck into paisley park while prince was rehearsing.Forgot what happened afterwards
Then there's the one about MJ and Will.i.am going to see prince in concert and prince playing bass right in MJ's face.Then MJ saying will that Prince is a "meany"
[Edited 4/29/21 11:52am]



Oddly I've heard that a lot of celebrities are weird about people looking them directly in the eyes and try to prohibit that.
What are your sources for the above mentioned stories?
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/29/21 12:02pm

mechanicalemot
ion17

mechanicalemotion17 said:

Phase3 said:

There's the one about elizabeth Taylor's visiting prince and prince had a lot of security with him. Elizabeth said something to him like "did you think I was gonna hurt you"?
One time prince sent memo's to other celebs inthe audience saying he didn't want to be looked at
Singer Ke$ha once Snuck into paisley park while prince was rehearsing.Forgot what happened afterwards
Then there's the one about MJ and Will.i.am going to see prince in concert and prince playing bass right in MJ's face.Then MJ saying will that Prince is a "meany"
[Edited 4/29/21 11:52am]



Oddly I've heard that a lot of celebrities are weird about people looking them directly in the eyes and try to prohibit that.
What are your sources for the above mentioned stories?


Loved the 'base in the face meany' story. Poor tortured Michael, lol
[Edited 4/29/21 12:03pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/29/21 2:13pm

coldcoffeeandc
ocacola

avatar

mechanicalemotion17 said:

mechanicalemotion17 said:




Oddly I've heard that a lot of celebrities are weird about people looking them directly in the eyes and try to prohibit that.
What are your sources for the above mentioned stories?


Loved the 'base in the face meany' story. Poor tortured Michael, lol
[Edited 4/29/21 12:03pm]



It wasnt the nicest thing to do! He was obviously a man low on confidence who wasn't having the best time in his career! Still, P clearly has a soft spot for him.
[Edited 4/29/21 14:14pm]
[Edited 4/29/21 14:14pm]
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/29/21 2:38pm

herb4

avatar

Michael Imperilolli (Christopher on the Sopranos and SPider in Goodfellas) told a funny story about Prince big timing him a club they were at. Michael was a big fan and wanted to say high or something but that was apparently another "No, Don't Look at the Guy Wearing Sequins, High Heels, Eye Liner and a Moon Earring" kind of night.

I love Prince Being a Diva stories.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/29/21 3:43pm

mynameisnotsus
an

coldcoffeeandcocacola said:

mechanicalemotion17 said:



Loved the 'base in the face meany' story. Poor tortured Michael, lol
[Edited 4/29/21 12:03pm]



It wasnt the nicest thing to do! He was obviously a man low on confidence who wasn't having the best time in his career! Still, P clearly has a soft spot for him.
[Edited 4/29/21 14:14pm]
[Edited 4/29/21 14:14pm]


I always took this as Prince challenging MJ to be funky again - "You might not like the taste but I'm still gon' stick yo' face in this funk. Ain't nothin' like funky music!"
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/29/21 3:49pm

mynameisnotsus
an

herb4 said:

Michael Imperilolli (Christopher on the Sopranos and SPider in Goodfellas) told a funny story about Prince big timing him a club they were at. Michael was a big fan and wanted to say high or something but that was apparently another "No, Don't Look at the Guy Wearing Sequins, High Heels, Eye Liner and a Moon Earring" kind of night.

I love Prince Being a Diva stories.



He was in Girl 6 and they were both in VIP for a launch party and Prince still didnt want to talk to him lol
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/29/21 3:58pm

mynameisnotsus
an

Phase3 said:

There's the one about elizabeth Taylor visiting prince and prince had a lot of security with him. Elizabeth said something to him like "did you think I was gonna hurt you"?
One time prince sent memo's to other celebs inthe audience saying he didn't want to be looked at
Singer Ke$ha once Snuck into paisley park while prince was rehearsing.Forgot what happened afterwards
Then there's the one about MJ and Will.i.am going to see prince in concert and prince playing bass right in MJ's face.Then MJ saying will that Prince is a "meany"
[Edited 4/29/21 11:52am]
[Edited 4/29/21 11:53am]


Liz said she thought Gaddafi was coming to visit with the number of bodyguards he had.
Ke$ha snuck into the 3121 mansion - was unlocked so walked in. Went up the lift thought she was gonna be arrested - found Prince rehearsing - he gave her a look like "who the hell are you?" She left a demo and left. So much for the bodyguards.

Slightly alarming how many of these stupid celeb stories I know...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/29/21 4:15pm

Phase3

mynameisnotsusan said:

Phase3 said:

There's the one about elizabeth Taylor visiting prince and prince had a lot of security with him. Elizabeth said something to him like "did you think I was gonna hurt you"?
One time prince sent memo's to other celebs inthe audience saying he didn't want to be looked at
Singer Ke$ha once Snuck into paisley park while prince was rehearsing.Forgot what happened afterwards
Then there's the one about MJ and Will.i.am going to see prince in concert and prince playing bass right in MJ's face.Then MJ saying will that Prince is a "meany"
[Edited 4/29/21 11:52am]
[Edited 4/29/21 11:53am]


Liz said she thought Gaddafi was coming to visit with the number of bodyguards he had.
Ke$ha snuck into the 3121 mansion - was unlocked so walked in. Went up the lift thought she was gonna be arrested - found Prince rehearsing - he gave her a look like "who the hell are you?" She left a demo and left. So much for the bodyguards.

Slightly alarming how many of these stupid celeb stories I know...

Your gave more specific details.thank you
One thing is for sure,all these celebs meeting Prince stories are very entertaining.I believe I could read a book filled with nothing but celebrities sharing their own stories and interactions with Prince.
It would probably be a best seller too
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Purple Paranoia....and other funny Prince stories