independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > New Updates on Prince - More Treatment Efforts, Etc.
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 04/27/21 5:21am

Giovanni777

avatar

New Updates on Prince - More Treatment Efforts, Etc.

Some interesting new updates on Prince, via FB site "The Death of Prince Rogers Nelson: An Investigation":

https://www.facebook.com/...5239310597

Excerpts:

.

"Prince Sought Help in March of 2016

New information reveals Prince sought help for opioid dependency more than a month before his April 2016 death.
Prince spoke at length with a counselor from the Tubman Chrysalis Center in south Minneapolis in mid-March of 2016. The facility sits just blocks from the site of George Floyd’s death and in a neighborhood Prince knew well.
The conversation between Prince and a female addiction counselor lasted more than 20 minutes and took place via phone. Exactly how Prince connected with the Tubman Chrysalis Center remains unclear, but the organization’s service to Minneapolis stretches back more than four decades.
Additionally, Prince reviewed the intake itinerary for a rehabilitation facility in Texas called the Center for Wellness and Healing. Floyd and Pam Atkins run the complex just outside of Houston, which specializes in opioid dependency, and Prince spoke with the pair at least once in the first quarter of 2016. Billing itself as taking a holistic approach to recovery, Prince began preparing hotel and transportation logistics before apparently abandoning the plan in favor of another option.
These pieces of new information slightly adjust timelines surrounding Prince’s death."
.
"Deteriorating Condition of Paisley Park
Several sources indicate the condition of Paisley Park has become an increasing concern for administrators of the Prince estate. An underground tunnel connecting the parking garage and band shell, for example, may need to be permanently filled or be at risk for collapse.
Flooding remains an almost monthly concern, and several rooms on the mansion’s two lower levels have suffered water damage in recent years. Additionally, the main building’s roof may need complete replacement in the next two years, and much of the work would require expensive custom installation due to Paisley Park’s architecture.
Heating the inside of Paisley Park to an appropriate temperature for winter visitors outweighs revenue generated by tours during some weeks in January and February, and paying security guards to protect the property costs more than $100,000 annually.
The property’s state of disrepair, coupled with the cancellation of most events at Paisley Park due to COVID-19, has significantly impacted expected revenue from the Paisley Park museum concept."

"He's a musician's musician..."
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 04/27/21 8:27am

Genesia

avatar

Key takeaway: how many heirs sold their "expectancies" to 877-CASH-NOW.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 04/27/21 9:36am

Germanegro

avatar

What can you do? I bought Paisley Park merchandise online!
>
I wish revenue generation could be further established by maintaining functionability of the recording studios. Maybe that is just unfeasible at this time.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 04/27/21 10:06am

Apollo85

Release all contents of the vault from Iron Mountain. Let the cash flow in. Save Paisley Park.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 04/27/21 11:07am

RJOrion

no sense in trying to "save Paisley Park"...for who?...Prince is no longer here to reap the benefits and rewards...and his heirs either have cashed out, or werent really getting paid anyway...the only people making money off that place are the people that Prince tried to Emancipate himself from in the first place...let it go to ruins...Prince left his music to hear and see...the building no longer matters...it only matters to the vultures, and to the selfish and greedy so-called fans... ive been there enough times, and have purchased enough merchandise anyway...preserving that building for the monetary gain of outsiders doesnt enhance or destroy Prince's legacy in any way...tear it down, and build a park with bike trails there...and call THAT Paisley Park
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 04/27/21 1:12pm

Astasheiks

avatar

the building no longer matters.


To other People it does which I guess would be determine what the Tours do per year.

I see they didn't Tear Down Elvis's House! razz sad biggrin


  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 04/27/21 5:33pm

PennyPurple

avatar

Is this from that looney guy, Jay Corn?

If it is you can't believe anything he says. nuts

Giovanni777 said:

Some interesting new updates on Prince, via FB site "The Death of Prince Rogers Nelson: An Investigation":

https://www.facebook.com/...5239310597

Excerpts:

.

"Prince Sought Help in March of 2016

New information reveals Prince sought help for opioid dependency more than a month before his April 2016 death.
Prince spoke at length with a counselor from the Tubman Chrysalis Center in south Minneapolis in mid-March of 2016. The facility sits just blocks from the site of George Floyd’s death and in a neighborhood Prince knew well.
The conversation between Prince and a female addiction counselor lasted more than 20 minutes and took place via phone. Exactly how Prince connected with the Tubman Chrysalis Center remains unclear, but the organization’s service to Minneapolis stretches back more than four decades.
Additionally, Prince reviewed the intake itinerary for a rehabilitation facility in Texas called the Center for Wellness and Healing. Floyd and Pam Atkins run the complex just outside of Houston, which specializes in opioid dependency, and Prince spoke with the pair at least once in the first quarter of 2016. Billing itself as taking a holistic approach to recovery, Prince began preparing hotel and transportation logistics before apparently abandoning the plan in favor of another option.
These pieces of new information slightly adjust timelines surrounding Prince’s death."
.
"Deteriorating Condition of Paisley Park
Several sources indicate the condition of Paisley Park has become an increasing concern for administrators of the Prince estate. An underground tunnel connecting the parking garage and band shell, for example, may need to be permanently filled or be at risk for collapse.
Flooding remains an almost monthly concern, and several rooms on the mansion’s two lower levels have suffered water damage in recent years. Additionally, the main building’s roof may need complete replacement in the next two years, and much of the work would require expensive custom installation due to Paisley Park’s architecture.
Heating the inside of Paisley Park to an appropriate temperature for winter visitors outweighs revenue generated by tours during some weeks in January and February, and paying security guards to protect the property costs more than $100,000 annually.
The property’s state of disrepair, coupled with the cancellation of most events at Paisley Park due to COVID-19, has significantly impacted expected revenue from the Paisley Park museum concept."

U.S.A.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 04/27/21 7:54pm

jeffreymiller

PennyPurple said:

Is this from that looney guy, Jay Corn?


If it is you can't believe anything he says. nuts



Giovanni777 said:


Some interesting new updates on Prince, via FB site "The Death of Prince Rogers Nelson: An Investigation":



https://www.facebook.com/...5239310597



Excerpts:


.


"Prince Sought Help in March of 2016



New information reveals Prince sought help for opioid dependency more than a month before his April 2016 death.



Prince spoke at length with a counselor from the Tubman Chrysalis Center in south Minneapolis in mid-March of 2016. The facility sits just blocks from the site of George Floyd’s death and in a neighborhood Prince knew well.



The conversation between Prince and a female addiction counselor lasted more than 20 minutes and took place via phone. Exactly how Prince connected with the Tubman Chrysalis Center remains unclear, but the organization’s service to Minneapolis stretches back more than four decades.



Additionally, Prince reviewed the intake itinerary for a rehabilitation facility in Texas called the Center for Wellness and Healing. Floyd and Pam Atkins run the complex just outside of Houston, which specializes in opioid dependency, and Prince spoke with the pair at least once in the first quarter of 2016. Billing itself as taking a holistic approach to recovery, Prince began preparing hotel and transportation logistics before apparently abandoning the plan in favor of another option.



These pieces of new information slightly adjust timelines surrounding Prince’s death."

.



"Deteriorating Condition of Paisley Park



Several sources indicate the condition of Paisley Park has become an increasing concern for administrators of the Prince estate. An underground tunnel connecting the parking garage and band shell, for example, may need to be permanently filled or be at risk for collapse.



Flooding remains an almost monthly concern, and several rooms on the mansion’s two lower levels have suffered water damage in recent years. Additionally, the main building’s roof may need complete replacement in the next two years, and much of the work would require expensive custom installation due to Paisley Park’s architecture.



Heating the inside of Paisley Park to an appropriate temperature for winter visitors outweighs revenue generated by tours during some weeks in January and February, and paying security guards to protect the property costs more than $100,000 annually.



The property’s state of disrepair, coupled with the cancellation of most events at Paisley Park due to COVID-19, has significantly impacted expected revenue from the Paisley Park museum concept."











All I had to see was “via FB”
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 04/27/21 8:32pm

callimnate

avatar

RJOrion said:

no sense in trying to "save Paisley Park"...for who?...Prince is no longer here to reap the benefits and rewards...and his heirs either have cashed out, or werent really getting paid anyway...the only people making money off that place are the people that Prince tried to Emancipate himself from in the first place...let it go to ruins...Prince left his music to hear and see...the building no longer matters...it only matters to the vultures, and to the selfish and greedy so-called fans... ive been there enough times, and have purchased enough merchandise anyway...preserving that building for the monetary gain of outsiders doesnt enhance or destroy Prince's legacy in any way...tear it down, and build a park with bike trails there...and call THAT Paisley Park


lol lol lol

You can't make this shit up. lol lol



  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 04/27/21 9:30pm

bluefish

avatar

After I shared them on social media, someone close to the situation told me that the claims about Paisley Park being in such bad shape are completely false. rolleyes I was honestly worried for a minute! I should have remembered that Jay Corn is full of it!!! He was an ass to me after I denounced his book as lazy, exploitive trash.

‎https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvmsrcg1qD_wVuS4qnopmQg
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 04/27/21 10:49pm

Mumio

avatar

PennyPurple said:

Is this from that looney guy, Jay Corn?

If it is you can't believe anything he says. nuts

nod A lot of that article was trash.

Welcome to "the org", Mumio…they can have you, but I'll have your love in the end nod
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 04/28/21 2:14am

jn2

Apollo85 said:

Release all contents of the vault from Iron Mountain. Let the cash flow in. Save Paisley Park.

nod

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 04/28/21 4:02am

McD

avatar

RJOrion said:

no sense in trying to "save Paisley Park"...for who?...Prince is no longer here to reap the benefits and rewards...and his heirs either have cashed out, or werent really getting paid anyway...the only people making money off that place are the people that Prince tried to Emancipate himself from in the first place...let it go to ruins...Prince left his music to hear and see...the building no longer matters...it only matters to the vultures, and to the selfish and greedy so-called fans... ive been there enough times, and have purchased enough merchandise anyway...preserving that building for the monetary gain of outsiders doesnt enhance or destroy Prince's legacy in any way...tear it down, and build a park with bike trails there...and call THAT Paisley Park


Calling Paisley Park... RJOrion has taken what they can from Paisley Park. Please tear it down now, thank you.

What a lot of baloney. Can’t believe you used ‘selfish’ in there with no sense of irony.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 04/28/21 4:27am

leecaldon

RJOrion said:

no sense in trying to "save Paisley Park"...for who?...Prince is no longer here to reap the benefits and rewards...and his heirs either have cashed out, or werent really getting paid anyway...the only people making money off that place are the people that Prince tried to Emancipate himself from in the first place...let it go to ruins...Prince left his music to hear and see...the building no longer matters...it only matters to the vultures, and to the selfish and greedy so-called fans... ive been there enough times, and have purchased enough merchandise anyway...preserving that building for the monetary gain of outsiders doesnt enhance or destroy Prince's legacy in any way...tear it down, and build a park with bike trails there...and call THAT Paisley Park

You may have been there enough times, but this place could be a part of his legacy in the way that Graceland is to Elvis.


Glad you're thinking about all the people who haven't had the chance to go there yet. In using the word 'selfish', you've displayed a stunning lack of self-awareness.

[Edited 4/28/21 4:42am]

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 04/28/21 5:07am

RJOrion

callimnate said:



RJOrion said:


no sense in trying to "save Paisley Park"...for who?...Prince is no longer here to reap the benefits and rewards...and his heirs either have cashed out, or werent really getting paid anyway...the only people making money off that place are the people that Prince tried to Emancipate himself from in the first place...let it go to ruins...Prince left his music to hear and see...the building no longer matters...it only matters to the vultures, and to the selfish and greedy so-called fans... ive been there enough times, and have purchased enough merchandise anyway...preserving that building for the monetary gain of outsiders doesnt enhance or destroy Prince's legacy in any way...tear it down, and build a park with bike trails there...and call THAT Paisley Park




lol lol lol

You can't make this shit up. lol lol






yes...after reading it again, i can definitely see the irony in that comment...but i do admit that outside of my immediate family and friends (with whom i treat and act totally different towards), selflessness and humility have never been attributes that ive been know for throughout my life...it is what it is...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 04/29/21 10:14am

LoveGalore

RJOrion said:

callimnate said:



RJOrion said:


no sense in trying to "save Paisley Park"...for who?...Prince is no longer here to reap the benefits and rewards...and his heirs either have cashed out, or werent really getting paid anyway...the only people making money off that place are the people that Prince tried to Emancipate himself from in the first place...let it go to ruins...Prince left his music to hear and see...the building no longer matters...it only matters to the vultures, and to the selfish and greedy so-called fans... ive been there enough times, and have purchased enough merchandise anyway...preserving that building for the monetary gain of outsiders doesnt enhance or destroy Prince's legacy in any way...tear it down, and build a park with bike trails there...and call THAT Paisley Park




lol lol lol

You can't make this shit up. lol lol






yes...after reading it again, i can definitely see the irony in that comment...but i do admit that outside of my immediate family and friends (with whom i treat and act totally different towards), selflessness and humility have never been attributes that ive been know for throughout my life...it is what it is...


Maybe not humility, but you are quite generous in your delivery of content here on the org.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 04/29/21 11:00am

Astasheiks

avatar

McD said:

RJOrion said:
no sense in trying to "save Paisley Park"...for who?...Prince is no longer here to reap the benefits and rewards...and his heirs either have cashed out, or werent really getting paid anyway...the only people making money off that place are the people that Prince tried to Emancipate himself from in the first place...let it go to ruins...Prince left his music to hear and see...the building no longer matters...it only matters to the vultures, and to the selfish and greedy so-called fans... ive been there enough times, and have purchased enough merchandise anyway...preserving that building for the monetary gain of outsiders doesnt enhance or destroy Prince's legacy in any way...tear it down, and build a park with bike trails there...and call THAT Paisley Park
Calling Paisley Park... RJOrion has taken what they can from Paisley Park. Please tear it down now, thank you. What a lot of baloney. Can’t believe you used ‘selfish’ in there with no sense of irony.

For Real McD, I feel the same way about what he said!!! eek mad biggrin smile razz lol

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 04/29/21 11:02am

Astasheiks

avatar

leecaldon said:

RJOrion said:

no sense in trying to "save Paisley Park"...for who?...Prince is no longer here to reap the benefits and rewards...and his heirs either have cashed out, or werent really getting paid anyway...the only people making money off that place are the people that Prince tried to Emancipate himself from in the first place...let it go to ruins...Prince left his music to hear and see...the building no longer matters...it only matters to the vultures, and to the selfish and greedy so-called fans... ive been there enough times, and have purchased enough merchandise anyway...preserving that building for the monetary gain of outsiders doesnt enhance or destroy Prince's legacy in any way...tear it down, and build a park with bike trails there...and call THAT Paisley Park

You may have been there enough times, but this place could be a part of his legacy in the way that Graceland is to Elvis.


Glad you're thinking about all the people who haven't had the chance to go there yet. In using the word 'selfish', you've displayed a stunning lack of self-awareness.

[Edited 4/28/21 4:42am]

Amen! nod wave yeahthat clapping

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 04/29/21 11:30am

RJOrion

since some of you wish to belabor the point...keeping in line with my apparent selfishnesss, besides the few or more people on the site i consider myself to be cool with, i couldnt care less that MOST of you have never been there...whose fault is that? ...the place has been built for over 35 years...were you waiting for him to die first before visiting?...get over yourselves...im not friends or family with the majority of you, and i obviously dont wish to be, and never tried to be...ive always been unapologetic about my views and beliefs, and i have no problems expressing that...if you dont like it, tough...like i said, Prince no longer reaps the benefits of that building, and thats who it was built for...it wasnt built to be a stomping grounds for a bunch of fake fans, voyeurs and vultures...so yeah, tear it down... i said it and i stand ten toes down, by it...so yall can go ahead and huddle together and cry about it...im good (as usual).
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #19 posted 04/29/21 12:26pm

heartpeaceshea
rt

RJOrion said:

since some of you wish to belabor the point...keeping in line with my apparent selfishnesss, besides the few or more people on the site i consider myself to be cool with, i couldnt care less that MOST of you have never been there...whose fault is that? ...the place has been built for over 35 years...were you waiting for him to die first before visiting?...get over yourselves...im not friends or family with the majority of you, and i obviously dont wish to be, and never tried to be...ive always been unapologetic about my views and beliefs, and i have no problems expressing that...if you dont like it, tough...like i said, Prince no longer reaps the benefits of that building, and thats who it was built for...it wasnt built to be a stomping grounds for a bunch of fake fans, voyeurs and vultures...so yeah, tear it down... i said it and i stand ten toes down, by it...so yall can go ahead and huddle together and cry about it...im good (as usual).


Ok you think we're anywhere close to the yard line? talking about huddle up.
I believe you'ree being extra extra about the subject.
I wish you were musical though because I have already written a remix in my head about your post. Was Prince Paisley Park and somebody exercised him?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #20 posted 04/29/21 2:23pm

coldcoffeeandc
ocacola

avatar

heartpeacesheart said:

RJOrion said:

since some of you wish to belabor the point...keeping in line with my apparent selfishnesss, besides the few or more people on the site i consider myself to be cool with, i couldnt care less that MOST of you have never been there...whose fault is that? ...the place has been built for over 35 years...were you waiting for him to die first before visiting?...get over yourselves...im not friends or family with the majority of you, and i obviously dont wish to be, and never tried to be...ive always been unapologetic about my views and beliefs, and i have no problems expressing that...if you dont like it, tough...like i said, Prince no longer reaps the benefits of that building, and thats who it was built for...it wasnt built to be a stomping grounds for a bunch of fake fans, voyeurs and vultures...so yeah, tear it down... i said it and i stand ten toes down, by it...so yall can go ahead and huddle together and cry about it...im good (as usual).


Ok you think we're anywhere close to the yard line? talking about huddle up.
I believe you'ree being extra extra about the subject.
I wish you were musical though because I have already written a remix in my head about your post. Was Prince Paisley Park and somebody exercised him?



Do you mean exorcised? How disrespectful!

I'm hoping you do mean exercised as I have visions of kirk and the weltons running round with a whistle after prince on a bike..
[Edited 4/29/21 14:24pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #21 posted 04/29/21 4:15pm

heartpeaceshea
rt

coldcoffeeandcocacola said:

heartpeacesheart said:
Ok you think we're anywhere close to the yard line? talking about huddle up. I believe you'ree being extra extra about the subject. I wish you were musical though because I have already written a remix in my head about your post. Was Prince Paisley Park and somebody exercised him?
Do you mean exorcised? How disrespectful! I'm hoping you do mean exercised as I have visions of kirk and the weltons running round with a whistle after prince on a bike.. [Edited 4/29/21 14:24pm]

Are you suggesting I was being disrespectful towards RJ? RJOrion?

Or are you saying I can't spell.

Anyway, if you can't find a local Paisley Park to stress out about, then build one.

I never have visions of Prince exercising, I doubt he ever needed to exercise he pretty much kept it moving anytime that I witnessed him. Funny visual though. Good one.

I feel like this thread is full of hearsay and I'll hearsay all day long if I feel like it. I make up my own mind.

Plus, I am guilty of this so I will call out myself first, but just don't call out a reply to the last thread you read. Unless that just happens to be the one most triggering.

how about that for a change up

  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #22 posted 04/29/21 6:35pm

laytonian

Trash article for sure.

Paisley Park was constructed of prestressed concrete with aluminum panels as covering. The roof is steel beams; in the soundstage, you could drop a full-sized automobile onto the floor without damage (including the underground parking area immediately below).

There is no bandshell at Paisley.
Who wrote that crap? The closest thing would be The Egg, which has a dirt floor. If there is a tunnel underneath it, why wasn't it used to store his bus (which was parked outside)?

Deteriorating? A public building that had to undergo modifications to allow its use as a public museum?

In the summer of 2016, all the windows at Paisley were replaced with double panes. The huge HVAC system on top was replaced.

Does anyone SERIOUSLY believe that all those priceless artifacts (clothing, guitars, music, etc) would be in there if it was "deteriorating"? Would the public be allowed inside?

Replacement of the roof? It has a vinyl roof, the same as on every other flat-roofed building. Periodic maintenance of an industrial building is no surprise.



The only possible explanation is that someone's trying to devalue the assessment of Paisley for estate tax purposes.

[Edited 4/29/21 18:37pm]

Welcome to "the org", laytonian… come bathe with me.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #23 posted 04/29/21 7:24pm

RighteousOne

RJOrion said:

since some of you wish to belabor the point...keeping in line with my apparent selfishnesss, besides the few or more people on the site i consider myself to be cool with, i couldnt care less that MOST of you have never been there...whose fault is that? ...the place has been built for over 35 years...were you waiting for him to die first before visiting?...get over yourselves...im not friends or family with the majority of you, and i obviously dont wish to be, and never tried to be...ive always been unapologetic about my views and beliefs, and i have no problems expressing that...if you dont like it, tough...like i said, Prince no longer reaps the benefits of that building, and thats who it was built for...it wasnt built to be a stomping grounds for a bunch of fake fans, voyeurs and vultures...so yeah, tear it down... i said it and i stand ten toes down, by it...so yall can go ahead and huddle together and cry about it...im good (as usual).

No one cares.
[Edited 4/29/21 23:23pm]
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #24 posted 04/30/21 4:30am

RJOrion

RighteousOne said:

RJOrion said:

since some of you wish to belabor the point...keeping in line with my apparent selfishnesss, besides the few or more people on the site i consider myself to be cool with, i couldnt care less that MOST of you have never been there...whose fault is that? ...the place has been built for over 35 years...were you waiting for him to die first before visiting?...get over yourselves...im not friends or family with the majority of you, and i obviously dont wish to be, and never tried to be...ive always been unapologetic about my views and beliefs, and i have no problems expressing that...if you dont like it, tough...like i said, Prince no longer reaps the benefits of that building, and thats who it was built for...it wasnt built to be a stomping grounds for a bunch of fake fans, voyeurs and vultures...so yeah, tear it down... i said it and i stand ten toes down, by it...so yall can go ahead and huddle together and cry about it...im good (as usual).

No one cares.
[Edited 4/29/21 23:23pm]



you do..as always...

i comment + you reply = you care

basic math
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #25 posted 04/30/21 5:45am

Vannormal

avatar

-

Paisley Park ? Well Im a big Prince fan, but...

This is not going to last long I'm affraid.

Paisley Park as a museum wasn't a good idea in the first place imho.

Yes the idea was fantastic, but the costs vs income are not worth it.

It is too big, and too expensive to maintain. everyone knows that.

Prince himself nearly gave up on most of it it seemed, as we can see from the pictures of the investigation.

Most of the rooms and stuff were run down, poorly maintained. Many rooms were also empty and deserted, with some old computers here and there, and tatty furniture.

Probably it will either one day be sold or maybe demolished, who knows.

(And don't forget that unfinished oval building...)

-

They could transform PP into a up to date recording studio again.

Forget the fan/museum thing - I know most people here are going to bash me for saying this.

They can also rent out the sound stage as a hall for concerts and other events.

(Do they do that now as well ? I have no idea.)

Forget that museum, I'm afraid that doesn't work in its current form.

From some people I personally know who went I heard it is not much worth it, and the tours are expensive, for what you get.

-

Maybe they should pick someone outside of the camp to make a valuable selection of all things Prince, and organize a traveling exhibition, a better one than the one they did in Amsterdam.

(They've already done this for Bowie.)

They need someone from the artworld to do that. Not people like those who are doing the Elvis thing etc. Give it a new approach and a fresh look. Damn how else they do it with antics and stuff ?

Get a good curator, someone who understands that not all lights need to be puprple for instance.

It should also be understood that not everyone will stay interested in all things Prince.

He's already gone for 5 years, and maintaining such a huge building cost money.

Not to forget the most important, everything in The Vault also has to be maintained and preserved.

They will never get enough money to keep it all up, not even with 5 SDE releases + 10 blurays releases a year.

All imho of course.

-

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves.
And wiser people so full of doubts"
(Bertrand Russsell 1872-1972)
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #26 posted 04/30/21 5:51am

udo

avatar

Thanks for the update..

If heating the building cannot be paid from tickets...

If there's overdue maintenance.

There's a legacy of Prince not taking care of things and the Estate not doing it either.

It shows they took the cheapest route and now face consequences.

Pills and thrills and daffodils will kill... If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to try to convince you, sorry.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #27 posted 04/30/21 8:21am

cblu

avatar

They should just move all the stuff into a space that's actually practical and affordable and have that be "the Prince museum." I'd rather it be at Paisley too, but I'm being realistic.

Until I find the righteous one...
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #28 posted 04/30/21 8:39am

Genesia

avatar

Good grief. We've been in a worldwide pandemic for more than a year! This is not a normal situation. Of course, ticket sales took a hit - Paisley Park was actually closed for a significant length of time.

The whole world has been knocked for a loop. Paisley Park will be back.

We don’t mourn artists because we knew them. We mourn them because they helped us know ourselves.
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #29 posted 04/30/21 8:54am

heartpeaceshea
rt

Vannormal said:

-


Paisley Park ? Well Im a big Prince fan, but...


This is not going to last long I'm affraid.


Paisley Park as a museum wasn't a good idea in the first place imho.


Yes the idea was fantastic, but the costs vs income are not worth it.


It is too big, and too expensive to maintain. everyone knows that.


Prince himself nearly gave up on most of it it seemed, as we can see from the pictures of the investigation.


Most of the rooms and stuff were run down, poorly maintained. Many rooms were also empty and deserted, with some old computers here and there, and tatty furniture.


Probably it will either one day be sold or maybe demolished, who knows.


(And don't forget that unfinished oval building...)


-


They could transform PP into a up to date recording studio again.


Forget the fan/museum thing - I know most people here are going to bash me for saying this.


They can also rent out the sound stage as a hall for concerts and other events.


(Do they do that now as well ? I have no idea.)


Forget that museum, I'm afraid that doesn't work in its current form.


From some people I personally know who went I heard it is not much worth it, and the tours are expensive, for what you get.


-


Maybe they should pick someone outside of the camp to make a valuable selection of all things Prince, and organize a traveling exhibition, a better one than the one they did in Amsterdam.


(They've already done this for Bowie.)


They need someone from the artworld to do that. Not people like those who are doing the Elvis thing etc. Give it a new approach and a fresh look. Damn how else they do it with antics and stuff ?


Get a good curator, someone who understands that not all lights need to be puprple for instance.


It should also be understood that not everyone will stay interested in all things Prince.


He's already gone for 5 years, and maintaining such a huge building cost money.


Not to forget the most important, everything in The Vault also has to be maintained and preserved.


They will never get enough money to keep it all up, not even with 5 SDE releases + 10 blurays releases a year.


All imho of course.


-




I'll do it. I just need the wheels. And the bus.

You must be blind because you don't seem to have Any vision.
Do you want visitors? Or do you want people to crash and never leave?
  - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Page 1 of 3 123>
  New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > New Updates on Prince - More Treatment Efforts, Etc.