independent and unofficial
Prince fan community
Forum jump
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Do you think Prince would have used an OnlyFans page?
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
Author

Tweet     Share

Message
Thread started 01/21/21 7:03am

TonyVanDam

avatar

Do you think Prince would have used an OnlyFans page?

Given that Prince was always about maintain control, not to mention that he was not a fan of Google/YouTube in his final years, do you think Prince would have found OnlyFans useful for releasing classic AND new music videos under his own term and get pay for it? Also, do you think Prince would have been sucessful in having live performances for Paisley Park Studio and/or even his living room and fans paid to see all of this at OnlyFans? hmmm

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #1 posted 01/21/21 7:08am

TheEnglishGent

avatar

Does onlyfans take a cut of revenue? If so, then it seems nlikely.

RIP sad
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #2 posted 01/21/21 7:19am

TonyVanDam

avatar

TheEnglishGent said:

Does onlyfans take a cut of revenue? If so, then it seems nlikely.

THAT^ is a good question. The cut has to be small AND reasonable for Prince to consider it.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #3 posted 01/21/21 7:32am

TwiliteKid

avatar

Not a chance in hell. (And why would he use OnlyFans vs something like Paetron, which is actually designed for artists and musicians instead of cam girls?)

[Edited 1/21/21 12:08pm]

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #4 posted 01/21/21 11:26am

lavendardrumma
chine

Taking all those selfie nudes would have really cut into his studio time, so I'm going to say nah.

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #5 posted 01/21/21 3:13pm

onlyforaminute

avatar

He'd probably passed through for a hot minute, then get bored and move on.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #6 posted 01/21/21 6:19pm

TonyVanDam

avatar

onlyforaminute said:

He'd probably passed through for a hot minute, then get bored and move on.

.

THAT^ sounds a lot like vintage Prince! lol nod

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #7 posted 01/21/21 10:57pm

funkbabyandthe
babysitters

He would prob find some cam girl, tell them he would do an album on them, then sign them.to his label.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #8 posted 01/21/21 11:17pm

funkycat00

avatar

After paying 77 dollars to access lotusflo3r.com HELL no! disbelief
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #9 posted 01/23/21 9:10pm

JayCrawford

Nah, Prince was a weirdo with his fanbase. Who knows.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #10 posted 01/23/21 9:42pm

kewlschool

avatar

Prince wouldn't want to be associated with a site known for sex.

99.9% of everything I say is strictly for my own entertainment
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #11 posted 01/24/21 12:19am

mediumdry

OnlyFans has a sexy reputation that he kind of distanced himself from in the later part of his career. With NPGMusicClub, he already tried a patreon kind of deal as well. He tried a number of ideas that later on became "normal". Unfortunately, at the time that everything was in place to do it right Prince was already done with the idea.

.

What do I mean? Well.. it'd be much easier now to independently press and distribute cds worldwide, not so in the late 90s when he tried it with Crystall Ball. Having a webshop/money organising/ticketing thing like NPGMusicClub is much easier now, wether you want to use established players or do it yourself (even on a wordpress site!)

.

If Prince would have still been interested.... well, everyone has their own story about how they wish Prince would have done something in his career differently.

Paisley Park is in your heart - Love Is Here!
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #12 posted 01/24/21 3:58am

spacedolphin

avatar

Yes he would be subscribed to some, if they could convince me about keeping my CC details secure I know I would be

music I'm afraid of Americans. I'm afraid of the world. music
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #13 posted 01/24/21 1:38pm

onlyforaminute

avatar

TonyVanDam said:



onlyforaminute said:


He'd probably passed through for a hot minute, then get bored and move on.

.


THAT^ sounds a lot like vintage Prince! lol nod


Remember when AOA, iirc, was supposed to come out on flash drive? Another "innovation" none of us wanted.
Time keeps on slipping into the future...


This moment is all there is...
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #14 posted 01/26/21 5:54pm

AvocadosMax

Jeez.....

The Estate hasn't released anything in 4 months and this place is just as strange than ever.... lol

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #15 posted 01/26/21 5:57pm

AvocadosMax

mediumdry said:

OnlyFans has a sexy reputation that he kind of distanced himself from in the later part of his career. With NPGMusicClub, he already tried a patreon kind of deal as well. He tried a number of ideas that later on became "normal". Unfortunately, at the time that everything was in place to do it right Prince was already done with the idea.

.

What do I mean? Well.. it'd be much easier now to independently press and distribute cds worldwide, not so in the late 90s when he tried it with Crystall Ball. Having a webshop/money organising/ticketing thing like NPGMusicClub is much easier now, wether you want to use established players or do it yourself (even on a wordpress site!)

.

If Prince would have still been interested.... well, everyone has their own story about how they wish Prince would have done something in his career differently.

1982 Prince would have NEVER got on OnlyFans...

Prince was sexy... yet he didn't flat-out show his goods to the world to make money, he actually had talent... he didn't believe in that.. he shared his goods with those who he liked and trusted... he dressed in underwear during the Dirty Mind and Controversy era but that was just him being risqué of course...

 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #16 posted 01/27/21 4:14am

funkbabyandthe
babysitters

Wonder if he would take requests.
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #17 posted 01/27/21 9:05am

ChocolateBox31
21

avatar

[IMG]

"That mountain top situation is not really what it's all cracked up 2 B when eye was doing the Purple Rain tour eye had a lot of people who eye knew eye'll never c again @ the concerts.just screamin n places they thought they was suppose 2 scream."prince
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply #18 posted 01/29/21 8:56pm

coldcoffeeandc
ocacola

ChocolateBox3121 said:

[IMG]


biggrin lol!


He wouldn't have touched only fans with a bargepole... For work..

But to keep an eye on the 'talent'... Hot blooded male
 Reply w/quote - E-mail - orgNote - Report post to moderator
Reply   New topic   Printable     (Log in to 'subscribe' to this topic)
« Previous topic  Next topic »
Forums > Prince: Music and More > Do you think Prince would have used an OnlyFans page?